How did based Sony do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
i.imgur.com/rL5JGnW.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sony always wins baby.

Literally
>We're not Microsoft

A lot of people who were Xbox gamers in the 360 era converted to PS4 this gen, and Sony made sure to keep them happy with stuff like TLOU remastered and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5.

The Playstation in itself is nice.

But they need to release a controller without the fucking useless touchpad for 50$ or maybe 40$ which would never happen tho.

This.

>MS royally screws the pooch with the Xbone announcement
>everything after that is damage control
>Sony just has to not shit the bed to win

It also doesn't help that pretty much every exclusive on the Xbone got a PC port.

It capitalized on the failure of Microsoft who was out of touch with most gamers. Gamers aren't usually a definitive driving force but they are early adopters which created an almost catch 22 situation where nobody went out to buy xbone en masse which caused a lot buyers to not be as interested because less people were playing xbone.

By bankrupting the rest of their divisions so vidya was the only thing worth focusing on any more.

Not hard to win when your only competition is complete dogshit.

this.

They're putting all their eggs in this basket.

It's kind of sad that Sony announcing the PS4 can play used games elicited a response of mass cheering.
I mean, it was a relief at the time and good to hear, but thinking back shit, they really just had to be not Microsoft

youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

How can Nintendo even hope to compete?

By making PS+ manditory for Online Play in which many people ate up (myself included) thinking it was going to give us free games of the same quality as they did on the PS3.

What a load of trash.

Not to mention MS really overextended on what they thought would bring people into their fold.

Sunset Overdrive
>Here's an exclusive by a company that up until now has been more or less Sony exclusive, plus it's purely singleplayer with little reason to play after beating once
Killer Instinct
>let's try to revive an ancient fighting franchise barely anyone played and then force it into a nickel-and-dime DLC system
Dead Rising 3
>what if we made the series exclusive again, but with a main character that's less charismatic than Chuck and less challenge than a walking sim?

At the very least the Xbone controller is comfortable and works like a charm on PC.

the past 6 months of PS4 is literally GOATS tier that rival early 2000s so i'm not complaining

This. Microsoft fucked up so badly that they practically gave Sony those sales. I don't honestly think we'll ever see another Xbox console after Scorpio. The damage has been done. Looking forward to the documentary on this. Crazy how fucking up ONE event can ultimately be the end of a massive brand.

And that was after TV TV TV TV SPORTS TV TV

Phil Spencer does seem like he's making some right moves, at least, better than when things were under Don but ultimately he's still stuck trying to repair damage that was done long ago and is still present today. Scorpio will be interesting though, people seem to like the idea

What I didn't get about Sunset Overdrive was that it was a very similar game to Dead Rising. Running around the city killing groups of monsters. It had a "quirky" coat of paint on it but it was way to similar to Dead Rising to release them so close together. People want exclusives but didn't buy quantum break, so MS went and did some dumb shit like cancel Scalebound, arguably the most interesting looking upcoming project as well as Phantom Dust which we only ever got that trailer for. I don't know what MS's end goal is but at this rate they're almost turning into a third party hardware company if they refuse to innovate their roster and stick with just Halo, Gears, and Forza to their name.

>quantum break
Probably because of the dumb TV Series and a Game gimmick it was pushing. I still don't know the deal with that game and the only reason I have interest is because it's Remedy, and they did Alan Wake.

Who else was it really appealing to?

I don't know who the target audience was. What I'm saying it they seemed to take low sales as a signal to kill anything that was intrinsic to the Microsoft brand instead of just seeing it as a small hurdle on the way to finding another new money making franchise..

It wasn't that they were good, it's that everyone else was worse.

''shipped''

the same shit sony ggers were giving the wii shit about last gen

but it's suddenly okay because sony does it.

Yeah, but it took 3 years to get there. It's like the PS3 - it's fine NOW but never forget those early years.

>TLOU remastered and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5.

you joke but people actually believe that.

Personally my most hated feature of the DS4 is the goddamn light. Even the console's "dim" setting for the controller is too bright not to make an irritating blue glare on my TV whenever I play.

Microsoft fucked up and everyone who owns Xbox 360 bought PS4. It was 100 million systems for ps3+xbox360.
So Sony have nothing to do with it, it's Microsoft you should thank.

A controller overhaul would be nice.

>Remove touch pad and place two buttons (START and SELECT)
>Remove the huge ass LED
>Improve battery life, this takes top priority.
>Remove sixaxis bullshit.
>Remove headphones jack.

I never have used any of these features. 35 €.

By Microsoft thinking that "hey customers, go fuck yourselves" was a sound business strategy.

Their recent "update" of the controller just added another shitty lightbar on the touchpad

I don't even understand why

Got a question Sonybros.

Why do you hype games yet don't play them, nor do they have staying power? You keep praising these games as the next big thing but they either underdeliver or outright flop. They all also don't have staying power.

HZD was touted the Zelda killer but killed nothing but itself.
TLG was hyped af but flopped.
FF15 underwhelmed, XCX has worse gfx and story but same metascore.
Sunset Overdrive, Infamous SS, literally who games.

Only BB and Uncharted made it big, and even BB was outsold by "it'll only sell 300k" Splatoon.

Put electric tape over it you autist.

What?

>Why do you hype games yet don't play them
Don't Nintendo fans do the same thing? Bayonetta 2 flopped.

>E3 2015
>HZD
>FF15
>TLG
>NMS
Sony ponies like saying they win E3 since 2013 or so but they're just the epitome of hype culture. Hype everything regardless of quality so as long as it looks good.

In retrospect their E3 2015 is fucking shit.

>Bayonetta 2 flopped
Not really? It is a niche action game and sold well enough compared to the first game on 360/PS3.

Great, now Sony is gonna waste 20 minutes of their E3 conference talking about "muh sales". Fucking chinks, just bring us the games.

>Sunset Overdrive

That was Microsoft.

But personally, I'm just broke. But I'll be splerging on all the good shit soon, thankfully I got a new job.

>In retrospect their E3 2015 is fucking shit
Do you even remember Nintendo's E3 2015? They spent most of it talking about Star Fox Zero, kek

it didnt.

it added a thin window on the touchpad so you could see the lightbar underneath it. i guess so you can see what color it is since it can change dynamically at different parts of a game or for being a different player in couch co-op.

fucking useless p much

by having the goty of all generations of course

Soccer is gay, but I actually had fun playing the story mode. Can't wait for Madden because of it.

Pic related, the good shit.

I guess that sort of sounds better, but still just useless

That lightbar is literally used for nothing, isn't it?

i agree, bayo 2 flopped so much that nintendo
>made two amiibos of her
>gave her a smash entry
>got promise of a sequel though exclusivity not guaranteed

>surprised by how the king wins
lol, sony always wins baby.

You've just posted a ton of games not out yet, congratulations.

By pandering to normies.

That's literally it.

PS4 is the normie box of choice for this generation.

It's a COD/FIFA machine.

But user, all I see is one good game and a bunch of movie shit.

>got promise of a sequel
Source?

>got promise of a sequel though exclusivity not guaranteed
1) You're deluded if you think Bayo 3 is happening
2) You're deluded if you think Nintendo would pay for a multiplat
3) You're deluded.

What does making people pay online, have to do with the console selling like hot cakes?

>HZD
>TLG
>FF15
>Infamous SS
>BB
>Uncharted
>flops
>"no staying power"

those all sold millions of copies. the reason why you dont think they have "staying power" is because we get to play new games after were done with those ones. something nintendo autists dont know anything about.

And the Pii U is dead.
What's your point?

/thread

>Soccer is gay
>Can't wait for the one sport gayer than soccer

>m-muh nintendo
Doesn't cancel out the fact that 2015 was shitty for Sony.

Really don't understand nyggers hyping up games that don't get demos or are unproven as hell. They struck gold with TLOU yet the formula's never worked again. Nearest franchise to be near that level of success following the same formula was Uncharted. Even Tomb Raider flopped.

And a bunch of games still not coming to PC. How does it feel?

>Really don't understand nyggers hyping up games that don't get demos or are unproven as hell.
ARMS

The GOTY indeed i.imgur.com/rL5JGnW.png

Live by the blood, die by the ball

HZD got hyped, became sonys best selling new ip and scored great, btfo'd zelda in sales, and getting dlc for e3.

TLG was hyped, wasn't as good as expected, but no one buys nip games, unless they are international titles.(unless it's persona)

FF15 is great, fuck you, not even a ps4 exclusive.

No, bloodborne, horizon zero dawn, persona 5, and uncharted all made it big, numbers don't lie.

since last year dear friendos
www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/17/11960226/bayonetta-3-hideki-kamiya-e3-2016
google it yourselves if you think i'm lying

>it would be cool if we got the chance to make it.
"Right now, we're looking at opportunities... If that opportunity ever came up to make Bayonetta 3, that would be really, really cool."
This means literally nothing. Fuck off.

>Microsoft:"This new experience will change the entertainment room and the Xbox One will be the next water cooler. Oh and we're thinking about using extreme DRM practices, dont like it? Well tough shits then, keep playing the Xbox 360 instead."

>Sony: "Here's a box that plays games and unlike Microsoft, we're not enforcing extreme DRM practices. *alsoyougottapayforonlinenow*"

Basically all Sony had to do is be Xbox but at the same time, DONT be Xbox.

>those all sold millions of copies
>MILLIONS
>inFamous sold ~1m in the USA
>Horizon sold ~650k in the USA
>Last Guardian sold ~300k in the USA

>shipments

Because they didn't fucked up their launch like Microsoft did eith the all the mandatory shit and kinect.

The only bad thing they did was charging for online, since microssoft was already on that train everyon who migrated from one to another didn't other with it.

Not only that but the "no games" or "bloodbourne machine" memes are used only on Sup Forums and even here people know the PS4 actually has a decent library of exclusives and third party support.

Also the remasters give and opportunity to play games that you missed in a better quality, right now I'm enjoying Darksiders 1 and 2 at 60fps and i might get the uncharted collection because it is really cheap right now.

This is besides the point but i like to get 6 games for free on all my ps platforms, at least one or 2 are bound to pay off and the discounts help me a lot since i only buy digital. The brazillian psn is only 30$ dollars so i get my money's worth in one or 2 purchases.

>btfo'd zelda in sales
>#2: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - >900k
>#3: Mass Effect Andromeda
>#4: Horizon Zero Dawn -

>those all sold millions of copies
Not an argument. Else Sony and MS wouldn't turn down Bayo 2 and its predecessor sold north of 2 mil, nyg.

>ARMS
Already proven fun by the tourney streams. Miss the threads, newfag?

HZD got hyped but btfo'd by Zelda.
>muh sales
Outsold Zelda in the UK. Meanwhile in the rest of the world, HZD got outsold by Zelda. 2.8 vs 3.84 mil or so. Not bad for a userbase of 15 million vs 60 mil lmao.

>TLG was hyped, wasn't as good as expected, but no one buys nip games
Lies. Nip games that nobody buys are the anime games, not nip games from nipland. TLG doesn't look like a nip game, it just plain sucks. Why do you think Bloodborne sold well and has promise? It's a fucking nip game. Fuck off.

>Xbox sucks and LITERALLY has no exclusives, even lost Halo as an exclusive thanks to the retarded moves of Windows 10
>Nintendo is targeting a demographic of people who either don't want a PS4 or are willing to buy both consoles

You could fucking call it a monopoly on the console industry at this point, and I don't own a PS4.

>Already proven fun by the tourney streams.
lol

your post would still be useless even if you actually told the truth and didnt make those numbers up

>those all sold millions of copies.

You know how I know you're lying?

Because you are.

how'd Microsoft fuck up the xbone announcement? It was the one E3 press conference I didn't watch

>even if you actually told the truth and didnt make those numbers up
Those are actually the real numbers, sadly.

You think Platinum would be willing to waste that Nintendo goodwill?
Lol at least you got news from the horse's mouth.
Rumors have been spread for less.

Games obviously.

But in all seriously Microsoft and Nintendo shit the bed when handling their machines. Wii U was a marketing fail, and Xbox One was just a fail. Sony came on top an ate both their potential sales. Sony won by default.

Still a win regardless of what Sup Forums says.

>You think Platinum would be willing to waste that Nintendo goodwill?
>W101 flopped
>Zero flopped

>good will
Nintendo (Outside of Sakurai) has had enough of Platinum's shit. Now that Iwata's dead expect no further Platinum games.

All he's saying is that he has an idea what he would want to do with a hypothetical 3's story and he hopes they can make it one day.
I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want to fund 3 after 2 flopped. In fact I'm pretty sure Bayo 2 flopping is partly why they went crazy censoring everything for the next 2 years.

>indirectly admitted he's a newfag
Back to sonygaf with you, faggot.
Not one of your hyped 2015 games got demos on the show floor on E3.
Big red flag yet you still hyped the shit out of it.
Hype culture = Sony, not even once.

the light bar is used for motion tracking in vr games

>>indirectly admitted he's a newfag
Why? Because I don't care about all the forced hype for Arms?

>I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want to fund 3 after 2 flops (Wonderful 101/Star Fox Zero)
FTFY

Adult Nintendo fan:
>did you know all those games you and millions of other people liked are all bad? because they are, you only pretended to like them.
>did you know that your console doesnt have games?
>......yeah that list of 45 games is pure shit. only bloodborne is ok and thats because its a shitty dark souls rehash. by the way nintendo games arent rehashes. especially mario kart 8 deluxe only $59.99
>Japanese shit? lol stupid weeaboo games. by the way fire emblem and xenoblade arent japanese weeaboo games.
>admit it, you only buy sports games and call of duty. thats literally all you buy, Sup Forums poster. this is the truth. thus, it means that all the other games on your system dont exist. this means that my nintendo is better. tch, you people.......you just dont GET nintendo.....fools.....

every damn thread holy fucking christ

>how'd Microsoft fuck up the xbone announcement? It was the one E3 press conference I didn't watch
Have you also been in a fucking coma since then?

>cross off all the multi-plats and remasters

>only one of the top 35 best selling games PS4 is exclusive

>PS4 is the normie box of choice for this generation.

user got it in one.

>b-but nintendo

Nigger what?
This is your logic right here
>game x flopped
>that's why game y will never get made
That's like saying Mario Odyssey shouldn't get made because AC Amiibo Fest and Mario Party 8 flopped.

user you don't have to pull shit out of your ass to troll me you know.
I'm sure you're a swell guy so don't do this to me.

they ruin this board every single day

at least pcs have some games and good hardware, nintendo is just concentrated autism

He's right though. Go look at any Nintendo thread and its just people telling you why you should buy a Switch and getting mad if you say no.

I don't get it, I've only had nintendo consoles and a pc but i'll probably get a PS4 if the price drops under $200 for black friday.

Brand loyalty is the most retarded shit and it's for poor people

Then what was its purpose before that? I somehow don't think Sony shoved a Lightbar in their controller thinking 5 years into the future when they might want to add VR

>a bunch of movie shit.
>If I don't like it, it doesn't count

Aside from SPORTS SPORTS TV TV TV SPORTS, they alienated millions of people by announcing that the Xbox One would always need to be connected online to work and Phil Spencer said that the alternative for the millions of people who live in areas with weak reception was to "just buy a 360" and was blatantly rude to journalists that interviewed him about the always online DRM function. They of course fixed this while doing damage control by simply removing the feature since they became the laughing stock of the gaming industry for a few weeks. Not to mention they flat out lied about a few games being exclusive and focusing on everything but playing video games.

Also didn't care for the forced hype for any Sony game. But you don't see me discrediting them do you?

TLG was a flop for how long it was in development.
HZD flopped for releasing a week before Zelda and Sony trying to damage control because they attached Zelda to it.
FF15 was a huge clusterfuck and didn't deliver except to the most hardcore of diehard FF fans.
NMS is self explanatory.
All these, you couldn't play on the show floor.
Even FF15 Duscae demo was a better game than the game itself.

That's not discrediting from me, that's just 100% truth. And the truth is that you nygs hype shit up from Sony so much yet you turn a blind eye when they flop. At least Nintendo fans know which games deserve to flop and which don't

One of the Xbox guys was a total asshole. Not only that, but they wanted to implement a feature where you always had to be online, wouldn't let you play used games and said that you needed the Kinect for the Xbone to work.

>a bunch of movie shit.
You drones pretended pic related was good solely for "muh story" and "muh art style", so you don't have any room to get mad about movie games anymore.

>At least Nintendo fans know which games deserve to flop
You and your fellow drones defended Star Fox Zero and Paper Mario Color Splash, so the point you just mad is invalid.

Xbox will never be able to escape it's past, it's the dudebro console now and forever.

for too many people it just became ingrained into their hobby.

its like picking a football team. "fuck you, my football players from pennsylvania will beat your heathen players from pennsylvania! and dont get me started on those new york football players! theyre my least favorite thing ever!"

no, honestly its more like if instead of picking a team they picked a SPORT. and refused to watch every other sport because EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOR HOCKEY IS PURE CANCER!