ITT: games/series you wish you had known of growing up

ITT: games/series you wish you had known of growing up.

pic related for me. I had never heard of it until a couple years ago Giant Bomb did a quicklook of it. I ended up grabbing the rerelease from steam on sale, and even today the game holds up, but despite my best intentions, it's still hard to look past ancient graphics and UI if you're not already nostalgic for a game. Also, I just don't have the time to dump in to a game like when I was a kid, back then I would have probably lost months and months to this series.

Sprite graphics age like fine wine

>Also, I just don't have the time to dump in to a game like when I was a kid
what are you doing on Sup Forums then? go play the game an have fun
Also stronghold crusader is less comfier but mechanically better and offers more fun, go grab it now

we can even play together if you give me your steam name lad

mee Lord

He said he cant get into it because of the graphics. He's a pleb

I'll play with you though. Steam name Eneregor

or perhaps this was just a bait thread, cuz i dont see him replying

added

agreed, i was surprised how well it held up

i'm at work. i can browse the internet and post, but can't exactly boot up games

i worded that poorly. i didn't launch the game, take a look at the graphics and close out. i played through a huge chunk of the campaign before i got distracted and never got back to it.

our granary stocks are dwindling, m'lord

>tfw played this and stronghold crusader as a child and loved it, especially in the custom creator where you can build a comfy world and village then play in it without worrying about being attacked.

sucks to be you, OP.

>tfw you can still simulate attacks with the f -keys

This bad motherfucker right here

given the amount of time i spent putzing away in warcraft1/2/3 and starcraft this could have very easily been me in a different life

>mfw I found this out by accident when I was a kid
I had this one castle which I constantly improved upon and tested against invading enemies then my hard drive broke and I'm still mad

2 was the real game, 3 sucked
go play 2 now

I wish Firefly studios would just stop trying to make the 3D games that fail each time.

They don't have the talent or budget.

im actually going to play it right now

i remember getting stuck as fuck on some crusader mission with me versus 3 sultans in a map with zero oasis, where they got crazy money like 40k while i got 3k and i just got overwhelmed by endless arabian swordsmen.

years later, i went back, and stuck a crossbow bolt in their faggy asses. it felt good

i went back and played it, and enjoyed it quite a bit, but i can't help but feel that if i had played it when it first came out it would be one of my favorite games of all time instead of "that was a pretty good final fantasy game"

Fuck Stronghold Crusader. I never had a problem with Arabs until that game, but a couple missions of Crusader and I'm ready to begin a racial cleansing.