WHAT IS DYNAMIC 4K?

WHAT !?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H47ow4_Cmk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sony are genius. Dynamic 4k sounds so much more hi-tech than standard 4k and people are eating it up.

a term created by (((them)))

It's dynamic 4k obviously, are you stupid?

how does sony keep getting away with their scams.

The lack of Ape Escape 4, so it's shit

Probably that it scales down to save FPS.

It means it can shift between 1080 and 720 when it needs to.

Realistically how many people actually have a 4K TV?

Most people I know go with 720p 60" because they dont actually understand resolutions and they love the look of an enormous screen especially if its cheap.

Either checkerboard or dynamic resolution (basically switches between resolutions in order to maintain a steady, set framerate). People are eating it up so I'm guessing it works great as a marketing line.

checkerboard 1800p upscaled to 2160p

Sonegros.

Sony's term for adaptive 4k

FAKE 4K.

60FPS GAMING*

Stop being friends with retards then

4k on ps4 is checkerboard.
No dynamic scaling I'd supported by the os.
You can change the res by hand tho, I believe

By paying off ambulance chasers that approach them with class action lawsuits. The Vita false advertising class action lawsuit took years to pass. I imagine they have half a dozen more for all the shit they've pulled with customers.

Not all games are in 1800p

Is HDR really making a huge difference (in a good way)?
This is the only thing that would make me buy a 4k tv.

Sony always wins baby

It means that games don't run in real 4k but get upscale.

HDR is great, I think you can get it on some 1080p TVs though.

It depends on the fucking game : Some will make native 4k (sport games), some will make checkerboard 4k (hzd), some will make checkerboard + upscale (watch dogs 2), etc.

ONLY ON PLAYSTATION*

Wait, dynamic scaling is not supported at all, even if the devs choose to have it?

He's bullshiting you. Ofc dynamic scaling depends on the dev, and lot of games dot this.

by not selling an nvidia 970

It's called dynamic 4K because it's only on 5% of the time

Dumb buzzword

Why do people keep calling checkerboard rendering “upscale”? It's a deinterlace, not an upscale. Get your terms right.

You must know a lot of dumb people then. A nice chunk of people who bought tvs in the past 2 years got 4k ones. There was no point in getting anything else, especially since stores were heavily pushing it.

Everybody I know that plays on console have 4K TVs. Everybody I know that plays on PC have 1080p monitors, some at 144hz, all playing whatever the popular game is at the time. I think it's PUBattlegrounds now.

More 4K tvs are being sold than 1080p one now.

damn so xbox one s is a 4k beast after all.

wow

I have no fucking clue what the Xbox One S does so I don't know what you reaction you're trying to get out of me.

How many people are actually playing that battlegrounds game? I'm assuming not a whole lot.

it upscales AKA does fake 4K too.

blast processing

Jesus Christ, what the fuck is the appeal of this shit?

But user, does it upscale or does it checkerboard?

You see this is an important distinction

A nice way to see its not really 4K for 99% of games.

checkerboard is just sony's bullshit word for upscaling.

Anyway you put it. It's not native 4k.

literally the same thing as dynamic resolution, just meaning the resolution can go up to 4k.

this isn't new, but i guess nobody here cared when pretty much every game on the xbox one used dynamic resolutions for their games like halo 5

>checkerboard is just sony's bullshit word for upscaling.
Checkerboard isn't upscaled, it's deinterlaced. Get your terms right.

Easy to learn, random elements with loot

It's streamer bait, and whatever streamers play, their audience follows.
PUBG is pure marketing genius.

Holy fuck LOL. It looked so janky when I first heard of that game.
I guess twitch heavily influences what people play.

Addictive gameplay that forces you to be cautious and think smart about what you're doing, getting closer and closer to first place every game is the thrill of it. I hate Battle Royale games but PUBattlegrounds is probably the best one. It has a long way to go but it's leagues beyond DayZ, H1Z1, The Culling and the mountains of other shit. It's a golden turd in a septic tank at the moment.

buzzword for the Sonybros

Sony are trying to quickly show off that their consoles can do 4K, because Apple's new console is rumoured to also achieve 4K. Sony don't want that to be a selling point for Apple.

you're falling for their lies user.

I don't know many people with 4K tvs, but I'm in New Zealand so we're probably behind a bit. My family and my friends all over 55'+ 1080 Samsung televisions. Most of my PC gaming friends have 1440p monitors or at least 1080p with 144hz.

who the fuck is this faggot

in the US 4k tv's became the standard last year.

It's pretty hard to find a TV that isn't 4k.

SADLY, it's almost hard to find a TV that isn't a smart NSA TV.

>Sony promise native 4k with 60fps on PS4 Pro
>Delivered not that
>People defending them anyway

Pro could do 4K if they didn't heavily underclock the GPU so much, it's a RX 480 but at 900mhz

What the fuck were they thinking

They were thinking about house fires

They don't call it "desperation genre" for nothing. Anything new and slightly unique will do it for people.

im serious, he keeps getting posted in anything related to sony or nintendo, link me the video so i can catch up on this fresh meme

bad bait or new as fuck?

I'm not; I'm just a video processing guy so it triggers me immensely when people use the word “upscaling” to describe deinterlacing and vice versa

Guys my brother is about to purchase a PS4 and i can finally play Bloodborne there but he asked me if he should get Slim or Pro ?

Does Bloodborne benefit from Pro ?

This. A new console from a big name like Apple will prove to be big competition for Sony.

been here since 2010.

>tumblr in filename
fuck off

Stop replying you fucking idiots.

It does not unfortunately. I mean, it doesn't get the 45fps or 60fps treatment if that's what you mean, it stays at 30fps because FROM is either lazy or tied physics to frame rate again. The only advantage I can think of is higher resolutions and that the 30fps experience won't suffer from dipping below 30 like it does sometimes on the regular PS4.

Nah, Bloodborne's problem is with framepacing, needs a patch to fix it, Pro can't do shit

But get a Pro, because i guarantee future games will run poorly on PS4, The Last Guardian & Tekken 7 are not good signs for vanilla PS4

The dev has to make specific patches per game.

Bloodboned has zero PSPRO patches.

How does Persona 5 run on PS4?

>Tfw the next Fromsoft game will be Apple exclusive

the lag guardian still lags .

Tekken runs at 900p on both pro and regular because there aren't any patches.

ever watch Battle Royale?

>dad I'm trans resolution
>stop making up words like a retard you can't even run 60fps at 1080p

Solid 30 ingame and surprisingly actually the only game I've played so far where that has not been noticeable, although the cutscenes stutter because the dumb fucks rendered them at 24

Runs great, though the game doesn't look amazing by modern standards.

it's pseudo 2160p, that is it's closer to 1440p with checkerboard upscaling.

Sony marketing fucked every consumer in the ass and they like it.

>since 2010

Bullshit. He's been posted since 2006.

Marketing.

>he still plays on static 4k
Poorfags get out

>you can't even run 60fps at 1080p
That's because I'm not a machine idiot. I'm a humun being.

Not a big fan of anime.

youtu.be/H47ow4_Cmk0

It's not an anime

P5 is a PS3 port, so of course it runs fine, PS4 Pro could probably run it at 8K resolution smoothly, but Fatlus is too lazy to patch Pro support in

Pretty sure 1080p TLG runs smoothly on Pro & T7 is 1400x900 on PS4, which isn't a bad thing since it's gonna be solid 60fps, but if you are getting a big 4K TV, the upcoming PS4 games with sub 1080p resolutions will look a bit blurry

>but if you are getting a big 4K TV, the upcoming PS4 games with sub 1080p resolutions will look a bit blurry
They'll look just as blurry as they would on a 1080p TV of the same size

There is no point getting a 4K TV under 60inch, but it backfires when you play a lower res game

There's no point of having native 4k on something that is not a monitor. All you need is downsampling to 4k with DSR. You're too far to tell the difference with native anyway.

It means it uses dynamic resolution scaling. Sometimes it's 4k, sometimes it's not, because even the most powerful consoles are low-powered pieces of plastic junk that can't maintain visually demanding games without performance drops.

Yes it is sweety. Its like saying your 1080p YIFY webrip isn't 1080p native.

It means it's dyn-o-MITE.

it's live action

what's worse

this or sony kickstarters?

It's pretty fun with friends. I personally play it because it's the only fucking thing anyone will play these days that isn't a moba.

I have a 21inch TV that came with my apartment. Couldn't give a fuck about 4k.

When they start streaming regular TV in 4k I'll consider it. I seen 8k 80inch Samsung at yodabashi camera a few weeks ago. Who's buying this shit?

It's funny ebcause it's fucking true. "Dynamic 4k" probably shifts between resolutions, and resolutions in question likely are what this guy said.

4k x 3 = 12k subpixels all tickling your projection screens