NEVER EVER AGAIN

NEVER EVER AGAIN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XKHQXuXE8qc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Subspace was shit. Meeks's adventure mode is still the best.

I remember playing that mode when I was young more than any other mode. Was pretty fun as fuck, and got to pit against the characters in a story-like fashion.

Why? The Subespace Emissary is really good, a grat way to learn how to fight with the excuse of the history, and the plot is okey, is not Nier, but is nice.

>playing Brawl in your childhood

Underage detected.

It was pretty fun, not mandatory to unlock characters from what I remember, and had good cutscenes and boss fights.
The only problem is that it cuts development for more "important" content.

It's fun in Project M where the game is actually good

>Playing a PvE adventure mode that doesn't focus on actually fighting opponents is "learning how to fight"

something tells me you don't win very often in smash

Something tells you right. But what I mean is, may is not the best plot in my life, but it´s "okey", is not totally bullshit and for me was fun, if we don´t speak about the master core

>tfw couldn't even play past a section of skyworld due to getting a disc error
I will never get the experience of playing Subspace unless I can run it on dolphin.

Nostalgiafuck mod

>He thinks Brawl being a good game is anything but nostalgiafagging.
>He thinks a mod that actually makes brawl a good game is more nostalgiafagging than brawl itself.

This, co-oping it in Project M is actually quite fun (even though it crashes no less than five times per campaign).

I loved it. I agree it's far from perfect, but it's way WAY better than what we got in Amelie, not to mention fucking Smash Run or Smash Tour on WiiU/3DS.

*Melee

dumb phoneposter

Guys I think OP is dissapointed and said "Never ever again" because the chancestors of story mode coming back to smash are looking slim due to not having one in Sm4sh and Sakurai's dub reasoning for not having one there.

The cut-scenes were pretty awesome and I really like the idea of all these characters meeting up in a game.

I'd love it if they re-visited this concept at some point. Smash WiiU/3DS felt severely lacking in the single player department to me.

I think it s hard to argue that getting nothing is better than getting SSE.

>smash tour
I've owned Snash WiiU since day one and I have yet to even try this mode. Totally forgot it even existed, It looks so incredibly shit.

That was actually my intention. Subspace was awesome, really dissapointed there wasn't one for Smash 4.

I couldve worded that post better

Literally bootleg mario party. Your number on the roulette for spaces isn't even randomized. There a pattern in there that you can figure out to get 5s and 6s all the time.

Has a Smash game topped Melee yet?
Haven't played one since Brawl

That is entirely feasible now, user. It's 2017. He could've been 8 while brawl came out and still be old enough to be here.

The future is now, old man.

the only one to come out since then is 4. It's kind of a middle ground. Far more decently balanced for serious play than brawl with a lot more of the "fun stuff" than melee had.

I can't help but feel like it's missing something, though. I get the feeling that Sakurai is kind of tired of smash brothers.

thanks doc

No.

Project M is more fun for casual play imo, but all the weird shit and the fact that it's a mod make it not super viable for competitive.

>there will never ever be a smash game where samus is higher-tier again
>all because ZSS exists and because they're two versions of the same character, there has to be 'contrast'

i anger

Sakurai is defiantly tired of Smash Bros. He wants to work on other games.

I think he should leave the directional work to his most suitable contender of his choice but I think he should still hold a supervisor role to come back and check on how development is doing every so often. He has this attention for detail that many including I, find admirable.

Redoing the levels at the end was the worst shit ever. Also most of the bosses were Kingdom Hearts-lite garbage in terms of design.

Sakurai's reasoning for not having a story mode in Smash 4 was immensly stupid. There has to be a more reasonable explanation than the one he came out with.

Smash Run was like this entire garbage concept done in a way that was actually fun to play.

Too bad it only appears on the 3DS version where it can't have any real options.

fpbp

What was the adventure mode? I only ever played brawl and 4, I need to get around to trying the first two

Nah the real problem with Smash Run was that it had no online

The games that created zero suit samus never should have existed

Thanks doc

Adventure Mode in Melee was pretty much Classic mode with short cutscenes and platforming levels. I liked it.

Great concept, too bad the level design sucked.

zero mission's really good though

the real reason was probably that they completely ran out of space

The cutscenes were the best part.

Also, in the "great singleplayer part in an otherwise mediocre series installment" category, I present pic related

i've heard that from an artist's perspective a lot of them know exactly what he's talking about, that someone experiencing something outside of the way you want them to is an immensely frustrating experience

sakurai's always seemed a bit... weird like that, if you read his interviews

>tfw you remember Nintendo and Sakurai got extremely butthurt about people putting the SSE cutscenes on YouTube

I liked it. It was like a Kirby game with crossovered characters.

Only tangentially related, but
>if you scan the kirby amiibo into planet robobot you get kirby's smash moveset as a copy ability

it'd be pretty tight if they actually put in kirby's copy moves from smash in, samus' charge beam and the like

I actually kind of liked it and anyone who thinks we'd have gotten more characters/stages for brawl if it wasn't there has obviously never played 4

>anyone who thinks we'd have gotten more characters/stages for brawl if it wasn't there has obviously never played 4
This

The worst part is that at the end of it all it's just a character stock fight anyway. What a waste.

Is that Soul Calibur 3? If it is I was butt-mad that it was exclusive to PS2 I think. And everything since then has been a bit shit anyway.

Soul Calibur 2 was one of the most fun fighting game single player modes I've played.

I dunno, instead of SSE chewing up development time instead they put the game on 3DS and we couldn't get Ice Climbers because the machine couldn't handle it.

Danke herr doktor

>Soul Calibur 2 was one of the most fun fighting game single player modes I've played.
the Weapon Master mode?
yeah, it's how Tekken Force mode should have been

>because people uploaded the cutscenes to youtube means there will never be a story mode in smash again

That is Soul Calibur 3. And I know the feeling for the platform change, but the game was fun, if only for Chronicles of the Sword. The scenario mode was also fun in its own way, and while it was shit as a competitive game, it worked great as a single player game. Better than II in my opinion. Biggest gripe is how they completely ruined Ivy who played perfectly in SCII. Hasn't recovered too.

But, I don't have anything against SCV. It's also fun to fight with, even though the single player is a steaming pile of shit. SC IV was the absolute worst though.

For someone who's never played smash any before, subspace emissary is a fun way to learn the control scheme and get a base to move forward from if they keep playing against others afterwards

did anybody else feel like 4's roster was strangely lacking even though it was objectively pretty great considering we have megaman, pac-man, bayonetta, ryu, and god-damn cloud

I guess it probably hurt matters that all of my desired characters were either obscure bullshit or just probably not happening for other reasons (kojima's troubles, 2big)

corrin is a fucking trash slot though baka samurai, at least roy was a clone so he took like no effort

It was the best part of Brawl. Certainly much better as content in a smash bros game than smash run or smash tour.

I still forget that filter is in place, somehow.

tfw no wonder red

great maze was, well, great
everything else was irrelevat. i miss having other bosses in smash and smash4's single player content was total trash

I like how it created an "Ultimate Final Boss of the entire Nintendo multiverse" in Tabuu and no one gives a shit about him

How would Sup Forums improve Subspace Emissary?

Make the environments not bland

Add banter

Yeah, it was a bother how most areas only vaguely resembled what they were supposed to be taken from.

It's pretty sad that Smash 4 didn't have a story mode. The could've done something with the Master Core concept for example an unknown force shattered Master Core and the characters are on a quest to retrieve the lost shards and Putin it back together

>Putin it back together

>Master Core is the physical embodiment of the heart of the Soviet Union

Well thats what happens when you try to stretch game development across a handheld and a console version; hopefully Smash 4 Switch can at least add some better modes.

everyone that uses mac is gay

OBJECTIVE FACTS

FACT #1
>The combat is Subspace emissary wasn't very good.
The enemies felt like they were running on a different fighting game engine than Smash Bros. Health bars instead of percentages, most of them barely got knocked back when you hit them. And Brawls engine clearly isn't made for platforming so all those weird forced platforming bits feel fucking terrible. The great maze is one of the most drawn out, re-used asset, shitty fucking excuses for content I've ever seen in a fucking video game. None of the boss fights are any good until you get to Tabuu (And Master Core/Updated Hands in 4 hilariously shits on all of Brawl's bosses). The combat only ever served as a buffer to get to the next cutscene.

FACT #2
>The subspace emissary cutscenes were pretty boring.
Watch this video: youtube.com/watch?v=XKHQXuXE8qc
Congratulations. You have seen all the worthwhile scenes of the subspace campaign. Everything else is "Nintendo characters staring dramatically at each other before they inevitably decide to team up" for however many hours (too many) this tripe drags on for.

FACT #3
>EVERYONE watched the Subspace cutscenes on YouTube, Sakurai was upset by this because he knew piecemealing out the cutscenes over the shit campaign was going to be the only way to make people think it was a worthwhile.

FACT #4
The Smash 4 character trailers have:
>More action than SSE
>Better character moments than SSE
>Generated hype better than Brawl prerelease
>Didn't take away resources from game development
>Etc

You literally have to be a retard or young enough to have been in elementary school when Brawl came out (Feels likely considering people ITT are admitting to having never played 64 and Melee) to like SSE. SSE oozes that deviantart character crossover aesthetic. Smash 4's character trailers were vibrant and fun.

sse made me and my friend want to kill ourselves cuz we got stuck in the maze for like 6 hours, then we played multiplayer and I picked metaknight because I thought he was cool and my friends got fucking pissed at me and said he was op and I tried to defend myself and say I was just good. then we never ever played brawl again. I'm going to a melee tournament today though :)

When you think about it, all three core elements of SSE (platforming, bosses, cutscenes) all did make it into Smash 4...just as their own individual elements.

Smash Run (and to some degree Master Fortress) is literally just the beat-em-up platforming parts of SSE, it even reuses some enemies like the Roturrets and the mites. It's just this time they bothered to put in actual Nintendo enemies.

Then you have the cutscenes, which resources were instead put into all the unique character trailers. Lastly, you have the boss fights, which were either put on to certain stages (as seen with Ridley, Metal Face, Yellow Devil and the Dark Emperor) or make up one of the forms of Master Core at the end of Classic Mode.

Everything except for the boss fights ruining stages was implemented better than SSE. I could go for a boss rush mode that unlocks after you beat the true All-Star mode in Smash 5.

Cutscenes were as close to perfect as we will get I think though. Even the DLC characters where they didn't have time to CGI were well done.

He's not wrong.

Project M doesn't make Brawl better, it just makes it into Melee. If you wanted a mod that made Brawl better you'd say Brawl Plus/Minus

As a child the Great Maze made me want to fucking kill myself. To this day I absolutely LOATHE fucking teleport mazes in games, that shit is the worse.

>has more characters than Brawl and almost all of its tech intact
>makes it into melee