What went so fucking terribly wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

dualshockers.com/dishonored-2s-game-update-3-now-available-ps4-xbox-one-pc-patch-notes-released/
stores.ebay.com/mariio128
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Catered to sjws

Their retarded decision to drop Unreal Engine

Unreal Engine is garbage

why

>it took 6 months for Bethesda/Arkane to patch the game
dualshockers.com/dishonored-2s-game-update-3-now-available-ps4-xbox-one-pc-patch-notes-released/

JUST

Not an argument

nothing. game is brilliant. whiny pcfags and piratefags ruined its reputation.

I guess at least they patched it. So far Taro hasn't bothered to add in any video options that FAR mod did which everyone used to improve performance since >expecting post-launch support from a Japanese console developer laughingtoobies.jpg.

But Nier is a PS4 game with 6 hour gameplay like all Platinum games.

Can't be any worse than a frankenstein idtech 5

Classic Arkane games trash quality coupled with a casualized sequel of an already easy to learn game.

>british steampunks
That went wrong

The fucking engine went wrong

Replaced a writer from Deus Ex and System Shock 2 with some college girl that couldn't stop saying "like" every two seconds in the only interview I saw her in

Piss poor ending

Note: That's why I didn't buy the game despite liking the first one, maybe she did a good job, I wouldn't know

>What went so fucking terribly wrong?

it was mad e by arkane. prey sucked. dishonored 1/2 sucked. there shit meme devs.

its way better than this fucking Void engine

what if it's easier to manipulate american college students? perhaps she is a blowjob pro

The first game is one of my all-time favorites, what are the main issues with the second comparing it to the first? I can tell that the game is fucking forgotten by now, I only hear about it here every few days.

Why didn't they wait for idtech 6???
Why Bethesda is soooo fucking dumb???

>The first game is one of my all-time favorites
shit taste, probably a neogafer and 100% sure you were born in German or UK.

Name a better engine then.

>UE 1, 2 & 4
>garbage

>id released 6 engines in the past 10 years
>only 1 good game
kek you guys are really funding their memes aren't you

not him, Cry Engine

a bethesda game cycle is much longer than cod or bf circle so they all have to be done in parallel.

There are dozens of good engines, you were brainwashed by pcgaming.com articles about UE and their memes.
If you create your own engine (like most jap devs) you don't have to pay millions in fees but since western devs can't even create tools they end up with having to use the most easier for newbie engines such as unity and unreal

They were doing Doom at the same time. Couldn't they share the engine, just like sony did with the decima?

> dude lmao lets include the empress as an assassin also because reasons
> but Sir the plot of the first game end is very tight and that wouldn't make
> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
> right away sir

LOL

do you like texture popin? id's megatextured engine is shit

crysis 3 looks and plays really good

pete hines obviously forced them to make sequel for shekels.

>it took 6 months for Bethesda/Arkane to patch the game
>Game Update 3

Hmm.

>but Sir the plot of the first game end is very tight
no it's not
the dishonored 2 plot is shit but it doesnt contradict the first game

Fuck off Jamal, I just really enjoy the setting and the many ways you can accomplish things, and it was one of the few games that got DLC right
born in a country that has no problems with sandniggers my good man

Prey™ share a lot of features with dishonored but use cry engine. They must have been aware of the shitty engine but cant change for some reason.

Perhaps shit coders(such as the ones employed by Bethesda/Arkane) can optimize better on cry engine.

>If you create your own engine (like most jap devs) you don't have to pay millions in fees

Most japs use Unreal or Gamebryo. This isn't the PS2 era where everyone wrote their own engines. It's too expensive, so only big companies really do it.

The whole point of using UE is to save dev time and money.

Doom doesn't have this issue. It was fixed. And yea Dishonored 2 suffered of the idtech 5. Thats why i'm asking why they didn't do it on the idtech6.

> Noble and benevolent empress leaves her empire, subjects and people to go be a killer in afrika land
> instead of just sending her father body guard/assassin who already proved to be immeasurably resourceful and able to do anything on his own
> also make the empress look like weird Asian lady for some reason

dishonored 2 is also a ps4 game, but with 25m33s gameplay

>Most japs use Unreal or Gamebryo
Only Capcom uses Unreal engine because they hire shit studios like Dimps who can't work in anything else

Crysis 3 is so badly optimized it still can't do 60fps on a gtx1060/i5.
It's one of these few games that fucks up your cpu.

Who ever gave a shit about the plot of Dishonored to start with?

FOX engine

if you play as emily your dad gets turned to stone

emily is a lazy ass adhd ridden nigga at the start of the game, not noble nor benevolent
>leaves her empire, subjects and people to go be a killer in afrika land
> instead of just sending her father body guard/assassin who already proved to be immeasurably resourceful and able to do anything on his own
so you havent even play the tutorial level

Do you mean Harvey Smith?

>buying games made in Germany or UK
people still didn't learn the lessons from Crysis 2 and GTA V

Where can I buy this for 20 American bucks? Amazon doesn't have it, neither does gamestop

Literally one level of the entire game, due to the huge amount of grass on-screen in a gigantic area. And even a six year old 2600K can get 60fps there with a bit of an overclock. Buying a 4c/4t CPU this decade is the mark of a retard.

Fans of the stealth genre weren't going to get rused a second time. I dunno why others neglected to buy this one,

stores.ebay.com/mariio128
mariio128.com

they switched from ue3, to cryengine and then id5.
prob bethesda didnt want to pay royalties when they have a (shitty) in house engine.
after the results they had to go back to cryengine for prey.

id6 wasnt ready during development.

>saying sandnigger on Sup Forums
I'm sad it's gotten to the point where I have to say it but enjoy your ban.

ArcSyS, Namco, Inti Creates, Square Enix, Grasshopper Manufacture, etc.

Your precious Dragon Quest and FF7R are both Unreal Engine.

Tbh wasn't interest that much in the game, the entire premise made absolutely no sense to me, kind of like ME:Andromeda

Which Square Enix game uses Unreal other than FF7 remake? The only reason why FF7 is using Unreal is due to Xbox/Scorpio/PS4/PC multiple launch

but you can play corvo and have access to emily power in NG+ ....

Fuck off rashid

>Less interesting levels with far fewer paths and alternate routes overall.
>Writing is somehow worse.
>Overall story lacks any real narrative thrust and just sorta happens.
>Levels are smaller.

The only way it improves on the first is by having more upgrades that are actually worth taking, and the ability to cut shit out of your equipment wheel.

Not even joking bro, I'm not happy about it either.

Launch performance that took a long time to fix.

Dragon Quest XI, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, and KH3.

still cant keep solid 60 at 1440p on a 1070
on OP pic I get 50fps on medium and 47 on high

>Dragon Quest XI
given the fact that there is not much gameplay in Dragon Quest I don't think Unreal engine is a bad choice for that title
Kingdom Hearts III is slightly above shovelware.

They did? How?

>Unreal can only be used for no gameplay
Is that why Tekken and Ace Combat is using Unreal? Or that literally every major fighter (Tekken, Guilty Gear, SF, MvC, Injustice) is using UE?

This is fucking unreal

I didn't like the introduction with how fast they overthrew emily and all that and the first special "non-kill" was extremely boring with simply trapping the guy and making him wait for us returning in a comfy bunker unlike the satisfying edge from the first game. I just don't care about anything enough to move further down the campaign.

Tekken has horrible graphics and very bad model characters, SF is garbage even worse than Tekken, MvC is mobile tier, Injustice is worse than MvC and Guilty Gear is beautiful because it's 2D.

>you must by an i7 to enjoy the game.
Don't talk about optimization then.

He ain't getting banned, faggot. go cry some more.