All they had to do was not name it Prey and Arkane would've had another Dishonored in their hands

All they had to do was not name it Prey and Arkane would've had another Dishonored in their hands.

It was probably Bethesda's decision, Arkane can't just simply say "no"

Not saying Arkane can, but as a developer they would be rolling in cash if it weren't for Bethesda's shitty decision

well it's a good thing they didn't then

It's better than Dishonored tho.

who literally fucking cares

this

Nah theres an interview where one of the guys at Arkane said they couldn't think of a name and looked through the list of spare names Bethesda had copyrights to

I'm surprised the original Prey had so many rabid fanboys. It was a mediocre shooter and the only new idea it had was the use of portals

It doesn't. The """fans""" are all people who are pretending they loved it because they wanted a space bounty hunter game.

I never played the first game but I was definitely interested in the bounty hunter game the sequel was aiming to be. Shame it never saw the light of day but you're right about these rabid fans, never before had I seen so many of them come out of the wood works.

No. The game fucking sucks

There wasn't a reason for them to show up before. Prey was dead and nothing was going to bring it back.
I'd still like to see what they were going for with Prey 2. Maybe Arkane could experiment with that idea. But it would likely cause an even bigger shitstorm.

The original was pretty unique. You got Native American spirituality and weird alien aesthetic and weapons.

The spirituality did nothing aside from "here have gameplay mechanics." The weapons were your standard fps fare. I will give you the aesthetics though. Prey did a good job making things look disgusting and alien

Bethesta wanted Arcane to do something with the name and Arcane was already working on the game so they called it Prey.

Anyone got that DLC stuff you have to paste into something?

thats the whole point.

they made a sequel to a shitty 360 shooter?

I'll pass

Meh, it's a good game and a good name for it.

It'll do really well regardless, especially when it wins GOTY.

Hey Prey wasn't so bad. It was better than quake 4 and doom 3. Fuck prey 2 tho. Shit had nothing to do with prey just like new one.