PARAPA THE RAPPER SPIN OFF

youtube.com/watch?v=CymeVW0EZoo

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xvTd8wsRKpo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off and invest in your own games.

>sony
>using kickstarter

I thought the point of kickstarter was for small game companies to get help, not behemoths

>sony

it's not a exclusive

>Sony
>needs to use a kick starter?

>Sony literally crowdfunding games for their dead console

You'd have to be an actual fucking idiot to give Kikestarter your money, Shenmue 3 where?

4 duh playurs amirite

but sony are the #goodHUMBLEguys

have you forgot?

Looks better than Star 150 million Citizen

How fucking long has kickstarter existed and idiots are still asking this fucking question? Larger companies use kickstarter to gauge interest in risky games. How does this happen every time?

Man I love gitaroo man but I don't want another furry rhythm game. I also highly doubt something like that will receive over a million in funding.

>desperately puts Parappa in their own brawler roster to prove to their consumers that they have platform mascots
>wont even fund the spiritual successor
Why is Sony the worst console company

uhhhh

Pledge £35 or more
White-Label Edition (Console physical)
Make space on your shelf for the boxed, physical game on console, with cover artwork exclusive to Kickstarter backers. Includes Shout Out tier.

(Approx: $45 USD, €42 EUR, ¥5,160 JPY)

45 bucks for a physical copy with artwork doesn't sound bad at all

now imagine if microsoft did this.

Fuck this shovelware I'd rather play some REAL GAME even if it's early access and stays in alpha for 3 years

never donate to kickstarter. dont forget, even if it looks good it'll turn to shit

Fuck that shit Sony has funded how much retarded garbage in the past decade and now they're worried about burning money?

Theyre doing this because they KNOW people will not only buy it they'll also fund it's dev themselves

Would you whine "It's only okay when _____ does it"? Because you've fully ingratiated yourself into Sup Forums culture and can't form an original thought?

>one million
>enough to fund a game by a major publisher

Why do I still come here?

No. I mean just imagine if they did and how pissed you'd be.

That's how a rational human being sees this .

samefag

>big companys kickstarting
End this meme

they spend 2 billion on marketing deals this year too.

It's not sonys project. The game isn't even sony exclusive. They just uploaded that video to help promoting it.

I wouldn't be pissed at all. Microsoft is objectively the shittier company, but it's no different than Sony doing it at all.

Why is it so expensive?

WOW BASED SONY LETTING US FUND THEIR GAME FOR THEM! POWER TO THE PLAYERS

what is Zelda Hard Mode expansion 19,99+tax pack other than kickstarting cash?

Kickstarter should be filtered to Kikestarter. I hate these fucking threads since they only give attention to this bullshit.

>I seriously hope you're not apologizing for Sony right now.jpeg

Literally hire a single artist that does a bit of concept art and let some chinks talk about their dreams for the game. So this is the power of making a convincing preview of the game to ask for a million bucks for the funding.

because they have to make profit in every part of the process, there is no publisher or company behind them
Not that I'm defending it

>Includes a backer-only level

>one mirrion dorrars for five levels

wew lad

>we are now living in an era where customers are expected to pay for the product to be made, in addition to the product itself and then still pay for DLC
Truly these are dark times

Where is all the money being funneled into? Animation? Where is the pie graph so I know where the fuck the money is going?

>sonegros getting excited for kickstarters

jesus christ

I really don't know, either those people who will work in the project requires lots of money or they are using the money for laundering

They have a publisher though, that's the best part of this scam

>sony promotes a kickstarter since they were asked to by the devs and it's platform related
>OP cleverly misrepresents it as sony asking for funds to get the nintendogafers hooked
>it works out perfectly since the average IQ on this place is below 80

after Valve normalized early access and early access DLC everything is possible now.
Let's not forget Peter Molyneaux is making money for over 6 years based on unfinished games.

There's 1 too many zeros. That said, these goals are disgusting.

>dumbass misrepresents a Kickstarter scam
>everyone agrees it's a scam regardless
>Sony Internet Defense Force jumps in to bitch and moan and cry

>another spiritual successor kickstarter game with no actual footage and a rediculous amount of money needed
please don't tell me people are stupid enough to fund this after MN9 and Yooka Laylee

Rape the rabbit???

ok!

>no sony defense force anywhere to be seen just people pointing out facts for obvious bait
>entire thread is still full on false flag without pause
Sup Forums is beyond redemption.

Has Kickstarter become a begging platform? I don't know why but it makes me kinda sad to see this devs begging for money.

>Sony Internet Defense Force
No one is defending Sony in this thread. There are even 3 or 4 samefags trying to make Sony is doing something in this game other than making a 3 minute youtube video.
If I worked for Sony I'd make a 3 minute video too, the more media attention you have the better.
That's how capitalism works you bunch of idealists.

fpbp

>backer-only level
>bothering to make a $5,000,000 stretch goal with zero gameplay footage
is this a scam

>$5 million to port a game to a console that takes a literal week to port to

>other than making a 3 minute youtube video.
Not even that. The kickstarter folk made that video and just sent it to Sony.

Not doing anything until I hear some of the music.

The gaming industry is full of retards and kikes

3DO 700 dollars
PS3 600 dollars
CD-I 700 dollars AND NOT A SINGLE GAME
32X 150 bucks for a shit addon

Now let's go games

Mighty No 9
Yooka Laylee
Star Citizen
Psychonauts 2
Godus

Its also getting a PC release if its funded.

>why do games cost so much to make?

Educate yourselves

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xvTd8wsRKpo

>11 minute video just to state the obvious
Hey, I'll save you 11 minutes of your life:
- huge tax in electronics and video games
- college art students
- coder scarcity

Lots of shills for this game around, its getting really pathetic.

Looks great, just put $100 towards it.

Crony capitalism maybe.

The public has the right to reject a bad deal. Stop making excuses to this nickel and diming strategy Sony is cooking,

>Spiritual successor
>Kickstarter

There hasn't been a single bad spiritual successor yet.

>The public has the right to reject a bad deal
Not in a brainwashed and destroyed society such as ours. People fought for 300 years to have ultimate freedom and to push the liberty meme to the extreme, now let them drink the blood of destruction.

mighty number 9?

Shouldn't you be teleporting behind someone right now?

Doesn't count.

>Switch is that expensive

Defend this nintendofags

according to the devs, its actually the price for the whole package, meaning its not just a switch port but those probably FANTASTIC BACKER-ONLY levels. In a game thats already bare as fuck at 40$

ya know...

why the fuck does sony need a kickstarter?

>Kickstarter

dead on arrival. A shame too, I love Parappa and Gitaroo man.

t. Mighty N. 9 backer

Where's the Sony involvement? Looks like a Switch version is in the stretch goals now.

>Xnigger shitposting

Oh, that'll be it.

>6 songs in a rhythm game
>+2 are stretch goals
>1 is backer exclusive
Fuck them and fuck the game.
Parappa was shit, Gitaroo the king.

Remove those pants and I might think about backing.

Why the hell aren't they using the Parappa IP if it's fucking Sony?

Because it's not Sony you brain dead retard.

Red flag right here. Did no one learn anything from past Kikestarter disappointments?

Reminder that Kickstarter is a terrible platform for game development. You are far better off with an actual product to show off when asking for money. Unless this development studio has some games to their name already, don't fall for the "big names working together on a spiritual successor" idea again.

>From the creators of [GAME YOU LIKE]
>A spiritual successor of [GAME YOU LIKE]
Been there done that, its getting old by now

1 million isn't even enough to pay for 10 people to work on it for a year once you take out kickstarter's share and all the money that goes towards office expenses and backer rewards

>Extra goal of 5 million

You only need a director, lead programmer and lead graphic designer in house permanently for a small game like that. For a rhythm game maybe also a sound designer but it depends what kind of rhythm game they want to do. The rest can be easily commissioned.

they're marketing it. no way it reaches the Switch, let alone Xbone, stretch goals.

>only on ps4 and steam
DROPPED

seriously, that's really disappointing. wanted to buy it

>Bawww, why is it so expensive?? Bloodstained and MN9 only wanted 500k!
Bloodstained and MN9 had a larger publisher to provide the bulk of funds, and MN9 was always a scam where most of the extra money went to ports and Inafune trying to build a multimedia empire.

In actuality, 1.1 is almost nothing, and isn't even the game's actual minimum budget, it will cost more than that. Probably 3-4 mil at my guess. They have a small publisher that has agreed to pitch in the rest if they meet the initial goal.

>Baww why are the stretch goals so expensive compared to the base game???
Because the publisher isn't subsidizing the stretch goals, that's what those features actually cost. Yes, ports are expensive, as evidenced by pretty much every kickstarter project which promises ports having trouble with them in some way.

>Bawww why is it $40 for a reward copy??
Because it's a niche game with a limited market and they know they have to sell high to have any hope of meeting their goal and breaking even. Games like Parappa were full price back in the day. Most likely one of the main reasons no publisher wants to fully fund the project is because they know that people won't accept more than 10-20 bucks for a 2-3 hour game today.

>Baww why is there no music/gameplay preview???
Hiring musicians to write and perform the songs, and renting studio time to record them, is going to be one of the primary costs of the project, particularly since each song is much more complicated than a typical one due to the variable lyrics mechanic. Even just a small preview would cost tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. They can't afford that when they don't even know if the project is going forward.

This isn't the studio trying to extract money from fans to avoid putting it up themselves. This is literally the last resort of people who didn't want to resort to crowdfunding but had no other choice, because no one wants to fund this kind of game in 2017.

holy shit, can you not be a more obvious shill?

I don't really care about that stuff. Literally just wanted the game on GOG and it would have been an instant buy. Now I have to pirate. hell, might not even do that after they pull this shit

Really fucking sad

Prove him wrong (you can't)

Be thankful Switch owners fund your indie games, Sonyegros.

>Xniggers

Don't exist. You will never be welcome on Sup Forums, Sonyfag