Is pic related the biggest downgrade of all time?

>Lighting?
Butchered
>Geometry?
Butchered
>Water tessellation?
Gone
>SSR?
Gone
>Translucency?
Removed on grass
>Lit particles?
Gone
>Floating particles?
Gone
>HDR?
Gone
>lens flare?
Downgraded/removed
etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F_2-enZ2FE4
youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>source
your ass

I still like it for the great programming

Console parity ruins everything user.
Their only mistake was releasing screenshots showing things that obviously wouldn't work on consoles.
Most devs already cripple the game way ahead in time.

DS2 says hello.

Still the best game of all time.

will Sup Forums ever get over it

No, this is 100% true. I can prove any point of this list.

Absolutely this holy fuck
Witcher 3 went from an 11/10 in graphics to a 9/10, DS2 went from a 9/10 to a 5/10

The only one I don't remember is screen space reflections in the E3 demo

I literally do not give a single fuck.
Most critically acclaimed game GOTY literally objectively the greatest game ever made.

You can say otherwise but you can't avoid the blaring facts.

This is the truth.
TW3s downgrade felt disappointing, but it was just "well here we go again" stuff. DS2 was on a whole different level.

Nah I think Division/Watch_dogs was.

so?

>being this triggered that PS4 outperforms PC

You forget all the gameplay trailers or something my man?

It's an alright game
Critical acclaim is handed out by idiots these days

Still one of the best games ever made

Dark souls 2

>Playing Witcher 3 on consoles

This. At least Witcher 3 looked okay.

Looks good to me.

>30FPS
>Outperforms

I didn't really care about any of this shit, the biggest downgrade was the writer, lead writers of Witcher 1 and 2 was gone, lead writer wasn't even a writer so the main story and themes was a complete fucking disaster

If it weren't for consoles you wouldn't have gotten the game at all, they're a necessary evil to fund games

>being this triggered that PS4 outperforms PC

I don't even get why CDPR gave a shit about console parity their main audience is still on PC. I can see why Ubisoft does it because its fucking Ubisoft. Does MS/Sony force this or something?

We don't need big budgets.
We need talent.

It's an objective fact that Witcher 3 can afford to look better on PS4 due to lower framerate. Plus, 30 FPS is much better for the more cinematic feel of Witcher 3.

tw3 was a forgettable experience and quite boring. i understand that it's a point of national pride for polish subhumans, but you must be rational about it

Yeah because I'm sure a game on the size and scope of Witcher 3 could have been made on $500k

Get over yourself. I bet you memed yourself into believing Witcher 1 is the best game in the series too.

What's the point of developing high quality assets with money you got from console manufacturers and then reverting those assets because said consoles can't even handle it?

side quests weren't THAT much better, depends on what you consider a side quest. There were obviosly main quests that you can skip but were a part of the main storyline.

Side quests weren't that much better I can think of a few good ones, like that quest in the forest on Skelige that captured the spirit of the books perfectly. I also liked that quest about the Witcher who kills an entire village, but then it hit me it was a ripping off Witcher 1, it was just like Berengar only in Witcher 1 it was a developed side quest spanning almost the entire game

>people still believe games get downgraded for consoles
I'm sorry to break this to you, but thats retarded. And you better be dropping this nonsense.
Have you ever seen a steamsurvey? The majority of the users don't even reach PS4/Xbone niveau with their systems.
Forums are full of "I cant run this shit game" threads.
Its not consoles that games get downgraded for. Its you. Its the PC audience that makes this.
Because if it was consoles, then they'd simply let it in as ultra settings.
Spealking of ultra settings. Another good reason for the downgrade: they simply couldn't make it work. TW3 on PC already is little difference between ultra and very high. Yet the performance impact is immense. So unless you can play on ultra with +60FPS you shouldn't even start with this argument. But even then, above applies.

No anons. Consoles have nothing to do with it.

Still looks worse than PC though and i could cap the framerate at 30 if i REALLY had to get that """""Cinematic"""" feel.

You must be trolling because I have a hard time believing someone could be this retarded.

Yep.

>Blaviken?
Butchered

>Plus, 30 FPS is much better for the more cinematic feel of Witcher 3.

>Have you ever seen a steamsurvey?
Irrelevant, PC has settings, you can choose lower or higher graphics yourself and go for either better performance or better quality.

>actual framerate

And? Would have been even worst considering the majority of steam users play on laptop.
Theres a reason why CS GO, LoL, etc. have shit tier graphics.
At least consoles give a standard every 5 years.

Not irrelevant when most people can't get above low-medium settings with their systems, so its wasted development time for CD to spend on high end graphics that only a minority can utilize.
The point is also moot since ultra has more effects/draw distance on PC than on consoles, so its obvious that they didn't downgrade it to console levels.

There's no such thing as downgrading for PCs because PCs are not a uniform platform anyway. That's why graphics setting exist so people can scale graphic fidelity as high or low as they want.
Consoles are the same however so they are the lowest common denominator.

Well it actually is. Uncapped high framerates are for shitty simulation games and crap like minecraft. Modern AAA titles tend to be more cinematic and thus suited to 30 FPS

>There's no such thing as downgrading for PCs
There obviously is.

>its wasted development time for CD to spend on high end graphics that only a minority can utilize
Ummm not really sweetie because even if it's a minority by comparison it's still a large number of users regardless. There simply aren't any that can run TW3 on higher settings with a decent framerate as opposed to PC where SOME systems can do it, even if not all there's still plenty of money to be made from thousands of sales to higher end users unlike consoles which have 0 high end users.

>30 FPS is much better

This is pasta guys don't respond.

>le manchild eats burgers on youtube and OH NOES HE MAY BE DEPRESSED!!!111

Your picture invalidates the argument

The downgrade drama happens because dev didn't know the consoles requirements. Watch dogs, the division, tw3 were developped while the next gen wasn't released yet.
Oh and you have PC games which were downgraded as well (WoW for exemple).

>My amount of fucks given?
Zero

No there fucking isn't. For PC there are minimum requirements, graphics settings and, if a dev feels really generous, HD-packs/patches.
Consoles don't have/need any of that because every console has the same requirement.

It's been years and people are still shitposting this amazing game.

>even if it's a minority by comparison it's still a large number of users regardless.
And by comparison the majority overshadows that to a huge degree. Look at the steam surveys.
Not to mention that look at games like Uncharted 4, The Order or HZD.
These are the kind of graphics you get when you have conform hardware. Meanwhile PC games keep gimping themselves due to low end users being the majority of their consumer base.

>2 years

You're an idiot, but you're not technically wrong

>Consoles don't have/need any of that because every console has the same requirement.
Which is why PS4 exclusives look pretty damn great. And which is why PC games look eeeeh.
Stop blaming consoles for your problems.

yeah what a disaster

at this point in my life

i would

>What is scalability and proper optimization
You've clearly never played a game on PC in your life so you shouldn't even begin to act like you know what your talking about. Battlefield 1 and Doom 4 are both very demanding games visually with BF1 being one of the best looking games out currently. Despite that they are also some of the best performing games on PC right now AND console. Both also scale extremely well to low end systems. Unlike consoles PC aren't locked into a single graphics setting (2-3 in PS4/PS4 Pros case depending on game). Games on PC can also be made to scale for newer hardware down the line. Crysis is the best example of this where 60FPS at the time of release was next to impossible on max settings but as better hardware came out it became more possible. I had a relatively shit PC at the time of its release but I could still run crysis at 720p very low/low settings.

The problem is lazy as fuck devs like Ubisoft who are one of the major culprits of spreading the "cinematic 30FPS" meme. When you go back to my example of BF1 again which mind you targets 60FPS on consoles and compare it to Ubisoft or a ton of other devs with games run at 30FPS AND look worse than BF1 it all just points to developers being lazy.

>Have you ever seen a steamsurvey? The majority of the users don't even reach PS4/Xbone niveau with their systems.
Yeah because there are a ton of 3rd worlders who only play DOTA2 or CSGO PC has a much wider market reach in 3rd world countries where it is inaccessible. Brazil being a notable example where a playstation 4 costs over $1500 USD and the console market is almost nonexistent. Those markets aren't even lost sales because they only play F2P shit or really cheap games like CSGO to begin with.

>So unless you can play on ultra with +60FPS you shouldn't even start with this argument
I have a 1070/6700k so yes I should start this argument even poorly optimized shit like DXMD or Dishonored 2 I can still hold 60.

>WoW for exemple
You mean the 13 year old game that was developed on a rusty frankenstein engine that was already feeling its age when WoW was developed?

Consoles are just the minimum requirement user. You can have all these things on a multiplat if the dev care about PCs.
For exemple watch dogs 2 : Volumetric fog, ultra textures, ray traced shadows, etc.
Same with GRW.
youtube.com/watch?v=F_2-enZ2FE4

For Tw3, it's CDPR's fault : They wanted platform parity.

this image is pure kek

>people still believe in downgrades
It wasn't downgraded. Those were obvious bullshots and edited videos. Game came out two years ago, and judging from the videos people take as "downgrade" proof, it would still be the best looking game if it came out in 2019.

It obviously wasn't downgraded. It was just PR.

youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs

>You've clearly never played a game on PC in your life
Yes I have. But unlike you, my head is not up my ass, which is why I know whats going on.
Show me one PC exclusive that looks as good as Uncharted 4 or HZD out of the box(without modding).

Thats the level of graphics your games are supposedly "downgraded" to. No user, there's no downgrade. Especially since you push the settings meme. When developers include settings they would simply have consoles run at lower settings(which TW3 already does btw.), so no downgrade needed. Simple as that. Wake up sheeple.

looks the same desu

k
If it wasn't as popular drones like you would be all over the game

Wow user, what did reviewbrah ever do to you to deserve such hate? He's pure.

/THREAD

Clean your eyes man. Every thing listed by OP can be noticed here.

>tw3 was a forgettable experience and quite boring.
>you must be rational about it

How is rational to literally say you just don't like it? there is tons of stuff to do and every single fucking quest has its own background story behind it and interesting too, which other games failed to do (muh radiant fetch quests).

Oh let me guess, i'm not allowed to like what you don't like. Got it.

no, it can't

Here just a small exemple about geometry : Look at the edge of the wall.
So please, clean your eyes, especially if you don't notice how the lighting completely changed.

>game is downgraded to actually run on current systems
>Sup Forums throws a fit

I mean it is typical marketing, but I guess its a good thing its still one of the best looking games out there.

It's not only marketing : They didn't do it for tw2, and they revealed the final version before the release of the game.
It's just that they started to develop the game before knowing the ps4/xone requirements.

Not him but I agree with another poster saying they obviously couldn't make it work.
Not to mention that it was very early in development an there might be tons of reason why they couldn't make it work.
Console dowgrades are a myth.

>tw3 was a forgettable experience

Daily threads for 2 years straight prove you wrong.

It wasn't early in development. This gameplay was released in 2014 (and the game was supposed to be released in 2014).
Also what the features they downgraded aren't that impressive and some of them are common, even on consoles games.
Imo they scrapped every thing and were in a hurry.

>Console dowgrades are a myth.
they couldn't make it work because the consoles were weak as piss

>It's just that they started to develop the game before knowing the ps4/xone requirements.
But that doesn't make any sense. If so they could've simply lowered the settings for consoles(which they already did for TW3).
So blaming consoles for the downgrade in TW3 is beyond retarded. The game is downgraded further on consoles than it is on ultra on PC. So that doesnt make sense. Parity is a buzzword.

The screenshot literally says 2013 though.
>they couldn't make it work because 90% of PC systems are weak as piss
FTFY

You don't simply lower the settings on consoles. Its far more complicated and you can't work on 2 different version of a game. This is why we talk about console port, ie the main build is designed for consoles.
eurogamer made a mistake. This is the 35mn gameplay wich was released in 2014, after the e3.

as opposed to 100% of consoles?

bottom looks significantly better to me

>game still looks great
>has one of the best cities in Open World RPGs
>everyone mad about graphics downgrade pre release

when will you niggas get over it. It has been 12 years now

>you can't work on 2 different version of a game
>ie the main build is designed for consoles.
That doesn't make any sense. Also contradicts the "they didn't know the specs when they started" argument.
Seriously, this just seems like random bs to me.
Also, they already did it. As said above. The game on ultra looks better than on PC. So lowering the settings obviously works.
Also in a world in which Uncharted and HZD exist, that seems even more bs.

I remember shills swearing up and down that the game wasn't downgraded all the way to release, including to fucking devs.

I dunno what point you're trying to make, bottom looks better

> cultural diversity?
Nonexistent

yea i love washed up lighting man. Oh and that grass w/o translucency is so great! Ps2 feels.

the only good thing about TW3 is that both the grass and castle geometry can be modded back in

also, that is not "just a small example"... it is practically the only example

It was undeniably downgraded, but it still looks really fucking good in places.

>the only good thing about TW3 is that both the grass and castle geometry can be modded back in
Lmao, no you can't.
>it is practically the only example
You can check the list of OP for other exemples.

The forests, swamps and cities all look fucking amazing.

So basically nearly all of the game

which "exemples" would they be?