Not trying to troll or anything but what's up with the fans on this thing?

Not trying to troll or anything but what's up with the fans on this thing?

>Sat downstairs
>Brother is playing PS4 in his room
>Door is shut
>Can hear it revving up and the fan speed getting faster and faster until it's at 100%
>Literally sounds like a jet engine
>Can hear it loud and clearly through walls and doors

Maybe the retard should take it out of his entertainment center and give it some air before it fries.

Thing is he's so addicted to it. I've offered to take it apart and clean it for him, but he hovered over my shoulder as I was doing it. Nigga complained that it was taking too long 5 minutes in to it, before I had even got inside to the fan and hestsink. Just told him to fuck off, if it overheats it overheats. He retreated back to his room with a tub of ice cream.

Might wrap the thing in a towel and leave it running while he's at school.

Most of my PS4 games are digital but FFXV I got on disc and it's loud as FUCK so it definitely sticks out any time I use the disc drive - I agree

Just spray some of this shit and your console will be fine.

It can get fucking loud at times, last time mine sounded like a plane with venting problems.

Tell me about it.
I bought a used first gen PS4 from a buddy some time ago, and before I cleaned it. I couldn't play it without having headphones on.
Was impossible. I had to turn up the sound system to such a degree that it was uncomfortable.

I openened it up and cleaned it, and its a bit better. But not by that much desu. My PC has never ever been this loud.

you guys are scaring me

I used to have a loud ass PC before I upgraded my GPU to a new model with a better and quieter cooler, I don't want to go back to having to hear a loud ass fan when I want to play shit

The power of AyyMD.

Pretty loud isn't it?
Heat dissipation is pretty poor and that fucking fan is one of a kind, consoles always had poor hardware design anyway, wonder how Scorpio will be, don't own a Pro either so I don't know if it's less loud than a standard PS4.
It's pretty load, maybe not jet engine loud, but loud nonetheless.

>Have had PS4 since launch
>Have never ever had any problems with sound or heat
>Keep hearing people talk about how hot/loud their console gets etc.
Burgers and their electronics.
If you burgers had adequate electronics laws you wouldn't have to deal with this shit.
It is the same with Iphones in America. They last half the amount of time an Iphone lasts in scandinavia.

That's mainly because american houses are made out of cardboard and crumpled tissue paper user.

It's one of the only things the Xbone has on the PS4. The X1 is a virtually silent console. The PS4 gets loud as fuck. Second loudest console I've ever owned after the fat PS3, which was so hot I was able to cook bacon on it. Seriously.

mine is silent

silently collecting dust as i never use it. easily the worth platform i've ever owned.

There's no Ape Escape 4 to fix it

that's what progress sounds like dumb PCbros

The PS4 installs the game to the hard drive and doesn't use the disc drive after that. I think FFXV just pushes the console.

Haven't you learned? Sony has always had retarded fans.

>Can hear it loud and clearly through walls and doors
>American walls and doors
You can hear a mouse fart in the next room with that reinforced cardboard you call walls.

It's the console trying to kill itself when it heard about that Gravity Rush X Ape Escape fanfic

Can someone explain this obsession with Americans?
I know you guys say you aren't obsessed but good lord, everything has to be about America.
Couple days ago there was an entire thread where euros were arguing about American toilets.

As an yurop, i prefer a country with "no culture", than one with a stinky culture ruining someone else's cultures

What model? I have the second quieter model pre-slim and that shit is mute. I've never heard the fan even when playing games for hours.

This.

X1 also dissipates heat so well that you need to have it on for 10+ hours for it to even get warm

I have the first version of the PS4 and never had any problems senpai

that should be good to send it to warranty

Where in Scandinavia?

DK. We have more expensive products but they sure as fuck don't break. During launch times we also have very limited stock on hardware though.

Cool, Norway here

I have the slim and it's silent. Maybe buy a new system, it's only like $250

The difference is that over there the ambient temp is lower so all machines run cooler by default. If you took your PS4 and played somewhere where the ambient temp is 35C, you can bet the fans would go crazy too.

Your brother was sticking his dick in the vacuum.

>the ambient temp is lower
Good lord you are fucking retarded mate. The summers are hot and the winters are cold.
Means very little besides in-door temp isn't automatically different.

The fans ARE pretty noisy but I noticed that it doesn't generally run very hot. Cooler that the PS3 did, that's for sure.

It's the loudest console I've ever owned.
I've heard the slim partially fixes it

Not the fat PS3, maybe the later models that have a sub par blue ray player and no backwards compatibility. Fat PS3s are notorious for how loud they can get. Sounds like a jet engine.

I play with gaming headphones so I don't notice the noise, but I'd be lying if I said the console wasn't noisy as fuck.

>play TLOU on a fat 40gb PS3
>can barely hear the game

I've had a PS4 since launch and picked up a pro about 4 months ago, and I've literally never been bothered by any fan noise. Hell, my comcast box is louder than either of those.

I think maybe you're trolling a little bit.

I really doubt that Scandinavian hot and Mediterranean hot are the same. eg. We hit 37C here yesterday. In July ~40C is average. How hot are summers there?

Are you fucking dumb? Or do you leave your console outside all year?

Yeah, thet also ran hotter. I would know, I own one. My PS4 is both quieter(still loud tho) and cooler.

The slim and pro are way quieter.

he's just a burger, he spends his money on frivolities and junk food instead of an air conditioner.

My pro is pretty much silent if I'm playing non-pro games, but some pro games get it even louder than my vanilla ps4 ever god.

I was wondering about upgrading to the pro, are the fans on that thing still pretty loud? Is it possible to pop the thong open and replace the fan with a better one?

I live in thailand where the avg temp is 35 celcius and i dont have any problem with my ps4

Maybe stop putting it in a closed space or on a fucking dust magnet called carpet?

Do you understand the concept of ambient temperature?

>inb4 AC
AC costs too much to run it all day
>inb4 poofag
strawman and poor argument in general

I feel like it's only every now and then it'll rev up occasionally if I've been playing for a while.
I am playing with headphones though, but I've only noticed it a few times.

I don't have a problem with it either. I'm just explaining why it's natural for electronics to run hotter and louder in warmer climates.

Mine can make noise in the first minute or so when starting a disc-based game, but then it stops. Have had no issues with overheating.

But my ps4 isnt loud at all and its not the slim version

Not him but everyone in a first world country above the poverty line has there a/c on at all times and only change the temp to save energy.
Your ambient temperature argument holds no weight for those of us that can afford it.

>>Literally sounds like a jet engine

>Literally

>LITERALLY

>L I T E R AL

Back to the >>>/highschool/

Hey OP, Nintendo deposited something in your account yet?

Never had any loud fan noise on mine or heat issues. Sometimes I can hear the fan ramp up for a minute or two but it's nothing too crazy.

Nothing compares to my fat PS3 that finally shit out years ago. The last week or so it was functional it sounded like someone was vacuuming.

I think Sony just has shoddy quality control. Some units are noisy, some aren't.

It's a pretty fucking loud console. I play most of my single player games on it because I use headphones but literally anything that I playpen on playing with other people locally I get for x1 because of how much quieter it is.

>costs too much to run AC

????

I do this also
Idort master race

I don't have an Xbox one but I plan on getting the Scorpio for my future multiplats. PS4 will continue to satisfy my weeb addiction.

It does sometimes blow a little hard, but one would have to live in a graveyard to hear it through a door or on a another floor or through walls.

Maybe your brother has never stopped playing DOOM since it came out or something. Maybe it's grafted onto him by now and is powering his failing respiratory system

Go check on him dude

Mine is really loud almost all the time. You can definitely hear it through the door.
Doesn't stop me from enjoying it but I do wish it was much quieter

I've never heard it from my bedroom, even when my room mate is taking a crack at Bloodborne with the volume muted (I work 3rd shift, he doesn't). I literally have about 5 feet separating my head from my PS4 (and a wall, obviously).

Basically this.
It's not a huge negative, but it's still annoying.

My PS4 is a fucking jet engine as well. This has been a problem since the PS3 tho. Don't understand why sony can't get better cooling. Xbox one went overboard and did it right at least.

>live on the fucking equator
>ps4 is not loud at all

Explain this

maybe you take care of your belongings

The base PS4 is the only one that sounds like a jet engine, the Pro and Slim are as quiet as a Wii U when they're not reading disks (Which they only do for a minute at best when booting a game or installing one), when they're reading one they're about as loud as the PS3 but nowhere near even Xbox 360 levels.

I'm a retard that bought one at launch yet it has never been this loud. I've heard the fan kick on but never at a level where it was annoying or audible through a door.

>AC costs too much to run it all day
In what fucking world? There is literally never a day my AC isn't set to on. Central AC plus 3rd shift hours (meaning lights are on all night) in a town with rapetastic rates (I pay 17 cents per kwh), and my electric, water, sewer, and trash bill is STILL under 200/month (12 month averages about 160 for all the utilities). Doing the same thing in a warmer state but with lower rates had my bill anywhere from $80-$120.

Do you live in Siberia, or your mom's house? Air conditioners use a lot of power. In some countries during summer, especially poorer ones, they strain the electrical grid big time.

They really aren't meant to to be on all the time like a central air system.

Mine's off and on. It's usually pretty quiet, but some games and some sessions seem to strain it. It does get loudish sometimes but it's usually just for a minute, say, during loading or in a game with general performance issues

I guess it really depends on how long you run it and what you're running. It's a far fucking cry form the 360, in any case

My launch shipment PS4 is pretty quiet. I keep it up on a fairly open desk and I occasionally spray out the vents with an air duster, when I've actually been using it. Just take basic fucking care of your shit and it will last.

Maybe you can't afford any games to play on it

It does make noise if you turn it on, try it

Are you trying to deny that there is a quality gap in products? There just is my dood.
Everytime they launch a new product they have to do excessive production to get it out there and it results in variation in quality.
Sometimes the hardware outright breaks but mostly it will just show itself by being louder/hotter than its quality counterpart.
They have to save money on production somehow. This includes materials aswell.

Going to buy a PS4. Pro ver is a meme if I got only a Full-Hd 40 Tv, right?

>Central AC
There you have it. That's a lot more efficient than window unit, right? Most people don't have that, because that system itself is much more expensive than a window unit.

If it came with your place, then mazel tov

Same. Mine is on an open entertainment stand and gets dusted along with everything else a couple times a month. Mine has yet to sound like a jet engine.

It's a meme in general. Slightly better performance in some games but nothing revolutionary. Virtually no point if you have a 1080p screen.

I am renting a duplex that was built in 1944. Good landlords to upkeep and improvements to the rental property. Before we moved in, the dude replaced the wood floors, installed a new water heater, and built a storage shed in the back yard.

Dunno when he installed the AC unit, but I've lived here for 4 years and the landlord has had to do repairs to it multiple times.

Underrated.

My old 980ti is even louder than my ps4

Better framerates, better resolutions, and the ability to use Boost Mode on older games coupled with better VR support. Keep in mind that most modern games are now having features that are far superior on Pro like Kingdom Hearts 0.2 ran at 1080p 60 FPS while base PS4 was 30 FPS at 900p, or that new The Surge game runs at 30 FPS locked on base PS4 while Pro is 60 FPS locked. I don't have a 4k TV at all and it's been worth it for me, but if you find $100 is too much for benefits then don't do it, just keep in mind outside of Prey everything new has had something that makes it better than the base PS4 version.

Well its actually Slim(same price as regular ps4 atm) vs Pro for me. Mostly for exclusives.

Pretty sweet deal. I have a pretty tiny place and only one room that I really need/want to cool; a $120 window unit works pretty well for me. I use a small space heater in the winter because the thermostat is in the roommate's room, and she doesn't even actually live there. Presumably the house has heat but I've never been able to use it

It's sorta frustrating and probably not efficient, but she pays half the utilities anyway and half the rent so I call it savings and laugh all the way to Wendy's

Everything this guy said. Plus, the hundred dollar difference is certainly worth the "future-proofing". You don't have a 4k screen now but they're rapidly dropping in price. This gen will go another several years, you may end up with a 4k sooner than you think.

I'd been worried that 4K was going to be another fad, but it looks like it's going to be the new standard sooner than later

I feel disgusted that regular HD looks kind of crummy to me now that I've seen a 4K display. However, just like HD didn't really make movies or TV look better, I doubt that I will give a rip about it for anything other than games. But that means buying another system and playing games that are made expensively, which tend not to be my favorites.

Slims and originals are like $250 or something, right? Really, it's up to you, do you want to "futureproof" the system in a sense for about $100-150 more, or do you not care about screen tearing, 20ish FPS averages, and lower resolutions (900p for the most part)? If you're planning on buying more than like four games I would personally recommend the Pro, but it's up to you in the end, and this is coming from a cheapass who waits for games to drop to $20 before buying them. The extra money was worth it in my eyes but maybe not for you.

>Shilling this hard for a mostly useless hardware refresh

My entire point is that "useless hardware refresh" is constantly having its pointless architecture taken advantage of while base systems suffer worse framerates, resolutions, and screen tearing and Prey itself has been the only outlier in not having any sort of features for it. Yeah, if you already own a base system it's an entire waste of money and you may as well just burn a pile of cash, but if you're getting a brand new PS4 there's no real reason not to opt for it, especially if you're going to be using it extensively or into the near future.

and then there's THIS faggot

Are there any vents on the bottom? Does the bottom heat up at all? I used to prop up the feet of my original 360 with 4 bottle caps and that improved the airflow a little bit.

No, but more surface area will always help. Even if it's just a little, the extra airflow should assist it.