STALKER Clear Sky

Is it worth playing?

That's a cute llama

DESU just play Shadow of Cheronobyl and Call of Pripyat

if you have an itching for more stalker afterwards, go for it

meh.

The Swamp is top tier comfy, but just play Call of Chernobyl for that.

Not really, it's pretty forgettable when it comes to story and gameplay. Play only if you already played the other two and wants more.

Yes, but it's worst entry in series.

Can anyone recommend me a good Shooter with nice progression? Kinda like Fallout or STALKER.

It's the best looking STALKER but also the buggiest.

test

test 2

Far Cry

After modding, Clear Sky is my personal favorite. People hate on clear sky because its popular to do so.

Ive known a lot of people who say, user, clear sky is the worst piece of trash, wow! Then when I check their steam profiles they have around 0.4 hours played.

Give clear sky a good chance. It grows on you very subtly and becomes immensely fun after the first hour or so.

What was his response?
He probably had good taste and said not really unless you really like the other ones
Sounds chill and friendly

The fact that it even NEEDS modding to be playable makes it lose a lot of points, considering the others are playable right outside the box. CS is a meh shooter on it's own, but falls short when compared to the other STALKER games.

Whens the last time you played non-modded, non-Clear Sky Stalker user?

The rose tint is too strong for you my son.

I like the way he responded
By not chastising people who liked it but noting how it comes up short in the series
Man they should give him a talk show where he just has relaxed discussions and a skit or two

It DID crap out on me when I played, right on the point where you go to Yantar for the first time. I uninstalled, let it cool down for a few months, and gave another go, this time with mods, and then could finally finish it with no issues. I had to use Complete because there was no CSRP (or any other fixing mods) back then. This was all glaring because I finished vanilla SoC and CoP with no issues.

what's the source on the cutie in OP?

Much like every other reply in this thread? We've all learnt from this cute little critter. Give him a show and spread the message of positivity

Far Cry 2
Play on Infamous and make sure to install Dylan's Far Cry 2 realism mod.

Ultra dangerous combat in an extremely flammable environment with enemies that storm and flank you.
A few bullet and you're dead, and the same goes for the enemy.
Storyline that now solo or including buddy missions makes you rush into combat to save them from easy execution.

Worth your time. Praise be to the IED.

user, you have serious mental health issues. Please seek local help. Most local help can be had at low to zero cost to you.

Please user. Its for the best.

only if you finished both CoP and SoC and really badly wanna see more of the zone. I'd recommend just playing CoP or SoC again with mods.

not really, but you still can try it.

>Praise be to the IED.

I loved setting these up on the road for those weapon convoy missions.

Yes. Just patch it up with the STARTER PACK, and it's great. I genuinely dig it more than CoP.

Here's the rookie guide picture for beginners in case you're not familiar with the basics.

I don't think a game has made me love more such a niche but so evil modern tactic.

It was that little moment where you saw the front guard cross over the middle IED placement when it was always time to smile.
I wish more games employed fixed explosives more enjoyably.

People hate Clear Sky because it was a broken piece of shit that was completely inferior to Call of Pripyat. I don't believe that you actually think it is the best except just to say "look at me, I'm a special snowflake who pretends to like eating shit".

>crashes constantly
>at release it had horrible compatibility with video cards
>idiotic game design like permanently losing all your money at a vital stage of the game
>invincible poltergeists
>short
>everything about the faction wars
>clearing out a faction did nothing since they'd just respawn immediately
>your faction almost never enters into neighboring regions
>grenades
>bleeding
>incredibly linear
>very few underground parts
>blowouts force you into waiting around doing nothing
>added the god awful artifact hunting system
>ruined artifacts by making them all -1 rad or +1 rad, +1 useless shit
>story line is purely just to set up the history behind Strelok, barely anything else happens

>>blowouts force you into waiting around doing nothing
It's called immersion. How the fuck can you be a STALKER fan and be against this.

G.R.E.N.A.D.E.S.: Grenade Grenade

Damn that sucked, as did the WTF hit detection system. Thankfully, they fixed all this bullshit on CoP.

Yes, it is so immersive to sit around in a cubby for five minutes out of every 30 while your screen shakes and they apply a red tint to everything. They could have come up with ways to give you something to do, or just not overuse it so badly. Call of Pripyat did it perfectly; it was sparse enough and usually you'd be directed to a little cave system that you can explore, or you'd be close enough to home and just rest, or you'd just tank the blowout since the designers weren't complete fucking retards that needed to pad out their game with bullshit.

Don't forget about boss helicopter.

>CoP
>exploration
fucking full of nothing that game was, and ugly to boot.

I really don't mind CS

to be fair, I played it with a mod that my friend made to improve weapon ballistics, but everything else is ok

that's how I'd advise to play it, with a simple mod to make weapons handle a bit better, and maybe a few graphical mods

then again, I've been told I'm weird for thinking that CoP is the best one and not SoC, so feel free to disregard my opinion

now you know how isis feels

>>added the god awful artifact hunting system
all other complaints are spot on, but artifact hunting in anomalies with the detector is way better than just picking them off them randomly off the floor.

agreed

I really like how artefacts required you to go through a geological gauntlet to get the reward
I never liked how in SoC there would just be an artefact just sitting on the floor, then you walk forward to find that there was an invisible anomaly that would instagib you for getting anywhere near the range to pick it up

It's okay. The ending is pure bullshit though.

Yes but only if you really like SoC and CoP and want more S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

The marsh and red forest are nice maps.
Also a comfier and more populated zone can be a nice change of atmosphere.