Still no rome 2 or attila complete version

>still no rome 2 or attila complete version
>same shit with warhammer
>overpriced dlc

so how much do I have to pay to get the complete version of a modern total war game?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/view/feature/169354/how_creative_assemblys_process_.php?print=1
gamasutra.com/view/news/169475/Creative_Assemblys_fairly_brutal_approach_to_achieving_high_Metacritic_scores.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>buying modern total war games

Lots and you'll have to wait for another 3-4 years before the entire collection is out. By the time TW:W is done I wouldn't be surprised if it's $280 for all three games + DLC.

I get why people might shy away from that, I work full time and I think this is the most complete Warhammer fantasy game we're ever going to get, especially with Age of Sigmar thoroughly fucking the franchise. Pick up the DLC as it gets released so you're not shoving a huge fist full of cash over at once. I intend to have every army once they're all available

Never my friend. The current model of shipping out a shit version of Total War with a Warhammer skin and high price DLCs is making a CA a lot of money. They're going to milk this for as long as they can. Maybe after the current Warhammer trilogy they'll go for 40K

Oh come now user, do you really hate the core gameplay of TW:W that badly or are you just bitter about DLC?

Warhammer had probably the best deal you'll see for the game in the near future with Humble Monthly and $12 for the base game, but that's the cost of ONE new faction released as DLC. Attila DLC went for $40 or so on a Bundlestars sale not long ago. Plus $10 for the game. SEGA wants that near full price.

Also, Humble Bundle is running a sale right now.

You're not supposed to buy the DLC for factions you don't intend to play, they're still in the game. If you actually do spend enough time to play them all you still get value for your money, because that takes hundreds of hours.

I'm just mad you can't even unlock shit locally anymore like you could back in the day with simple INI changes.

I really dislike the Total War aspects of the game, it all seem very barebones and frankly it's just boring, cool fantasy units doesn't make up for it.
Economy has been dumb down.
Politics and leaders dumb down. (This is excusable)
Battles are too fast.
Sieges are pathetic.
Formations gone.
A.I functions in way where they'll only ever fight you if they outnumber you.

I just play Shogun 2 instead, I'd like to get back into Attila but man that game is poorly optimised.

is Attila good or should I buy Napoleon or Medieval 2 instead? if Attila is good which dlc should I get? Charlemagne and the vikings?

The worst thing about being a longtime TW fan is seeing all the current suckers that simply weren't there when CA actually released full games defending this DLC treachery as a "necessary evil".
When SEGA bought CA during the Medieval 2 days they outright told them to put less content in their games and that they had too much content, I'm not even lying it's in an interview

gamasutra.com/view/feature/169354/how_creative_assemblys_process_.php?print=1
>"And it's such a huge, deep game, and that's one of its selling points. I've had conversations with people at Sega who almost feel like we're doing too much -- that there's too much content there. Sometimes a publisher will go, "Ehh, there's 100 hours of gameplay for 40 bucks; maybe that's not the best way to do it."

You should direct your anger at SEGA.
Oh and the awful Warscape engine too.

I think catering too much to MP audience has done more harm to pace of battles than anything else. In earlier days unit engagement was a pretty big deal and not like now when you can engage and disengage at will because everything moves so far. Cavalry cycling has never been easier.

>A.I functions in way where they'll only ever fight you if they outnumber you.
This has been a problem since they changed the armies into little men actually on the map rather than having the armies clash when they enter the same region like in the older games.

This basically make most of the battles sieges or in the case of TW:W stupidshit scooby doo chases where you have to chase an enemy army which is constantly running from you.

If you have a good PC Attila is great. Standalone without DLC I racked up over 150 hours in it which doesn't seem like that much but when you have depression and can barely play games anymore it's a feat. Also I'd probably go with the Charlemagne expansion

Attila is very good and essentially what Rome 2 should have been technically. Kinda like Napoleon and Empire.

attila is okay. the issue i have with it is that it kind of sucks to play with the huns constantly fucking everything up. it's almost like a survival game which i didn't enjoy that much. they suck to fight against as well and i found myself mostly just auto resolving unless i got proper ambush off since they are literally impossible to fight as some factions

Another interview that will make you understand why they removed formations and beloved function from recent Total War:

gamasutra.com/view/news/169475/Creative_Assemblys_fairly_brutal_approach_to_achieving_high_Metacritic_scores.php

Metacritic whoring because of their publisher butting in.
Basically if one sales rep from SEGA doesn't like a function like, say, formations, maybe because it's not enough casual for modern audiences he'll tell them to cut it because it may influence the metacritic score.

Good thing you can just pirate all the dlc.

Attila is good and you can pirate it, go for it.

Medieval had so many improvements over Shogun that jumping to 3D for the campaign map was simply not worth it beyond grafix that drove everyone insane.

>modern Total War
Just get a new mod for Medieval 2 lmao

Or don't, vanilla medieval 2 is pretty great

>Medieval had so many improvements over Shogun
This so much this.
It's simply a better game and what sequels should be.
Then you play Rome 2 and you notice IT'S ACTUALLY WORSE THAN ROME 1, 10 years later and they got worse at doing games.

Do casuals actually rely on Metacritic? What about hardcore players? I know it's all paid shillery and I just watch gameplay videos until I've mad up my mind, but not everyone has the patience for that.

$100 US dollarydoos in Australia. Just wait for the sale in a couple of weeks and pick it all up for $30.

>Do casuals actually rely on Metacritic?
I have no idea but Publishers believe they do, and that's what matters.
Many other publishers put bonus and incentives on their employees in the case of high Metacritic scores, it's literally one of the biggest cancers on the industry.

TW:W is boring as fuck. And as much as I like the idea I've come to terms with the fact that it's kind of shit. I started playing Shogun 2 again as well and got my shit wrecked almost immediately because the A.I. knew what I was up to before I did it. Fuckers.

Git gud

Attila is boring trash.

Warhammer is great. Each faction plays different, has different units, spells. flying creatures etc.

One of the problems with all the other TWs, especially Shogun 2 was the copy paste units, it got so generic.

Charlemagne is a great DLC. Vikings is shit, don't get it. You can play Franks/Saxons for the same experience. Longbeards and Empire of the Sands are the other good DLC.

Shogun 2 is literally the best total war, smooth as fuck.