Far Cry 5 Hopes/Expectations?

Far Cry 5 Hopes/Expectations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hqZoXIuNkaw
youtube.com/watch?v=Slq4PctrR0Q
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Far Cry 2 remake or the wild west rumor turns out true, I'd be good in either instance.

better story than fc4.
some innovative game mechanics to differ from generic open world ubisoft game..

Damn, never thought about Far Cry 2 remade on the current engine. Would actually be fantastic - assuming they put in the new things that the series has introduced from 3 onwards!

Far Cry 3 3

According to a recent podcast I listened to, FarCry 5 is gonna be a western. Sounds pretty dumb considering Red Dead 2 is around the corner

I wouldn't mind some traditional RPG elements. The games always felt empty and void of life. On another note, any antagonist is going to feel inferior to 4's, though. I thought he was a great character.

They did a really good job with the world map on Far Cry 3, so maybe going back to similar setting.
Whatever they do, no doubt will basically be the same as 4 and Primal, regardless, so all I can hope for is a decent environment by this point.

Yeah that's my hope, that it won't be a western. Not even because of Red Dead 2. More because there are so many more interesting settings they could do instead of a western.

Tropical jungle again plz

>edgy villain without reasonable motivations.
>some shitty "so deep" story that doesn't make sense just for the sake of it
>some hipster stuff since Ubisoft is made out of eternal manchildrens & shitty millennials
>shitty gunplay and shitty upgrade system
>"diversity"

Seeing what they did with Watch Dogs 2, this is my biggest fear about Far Cry

The only thing I want it true coop so I can suffer through the campaign with a friend (and not that shitty "coop" what was in 3/4).

Include some survival mechanics perhaps.

No outposts pls

Primal survival mode was God-tier

But outposts are a pillar of Far Cry gameplay

I wonder what happened since far cry 2, the game was shit but from a narrative point of view i actually felt the whole "africa is a mess" thing (despite bad voice acting i even liked the buddies).
Wtf happened to good writers.

>Hopes
-A fun story and/or characters. Far Cry 4 was so goddamn boring and every single one of your "allies" was a fucking piece of shit. Maybe they were trying to prove a point or something, but that doesn't make the game fun.
-Less weapons but more customization options. Putting the same 4 scopes in all your guns is pretty boring. Blood Dragon was cool since every upgrade changed your weapon visually, I wanna see more of that. What's the point of having 20 rapid-fire hitscan enemies when they're more or less the same shit? Also being able to carry more than 4 weapons would be nice.

>Expectations
Far Cry 4 with one or two new gimmicks.

Well one is first person the other is third person.

Also one is gonna come to PC first.

I would like to see more western games on PC, aside from Call of Juarez I don't think we have any.

A shitty sandbox filled with monotonous and repetitive base capturing and a forgettable story.

Its another uplay title that i will successfully avoid.

Cancellation

Hopes? A good game.

Expectations? A shit game.

some urban combat, no islands please

i'd take syberian forests though, cold settings is underused

Far Cry 5...

Hopes:
I want it to take place in the future, parkour/wall running mechanics like in IW/Titanfall. Vertical levels to take advantage of it as well. Set both inside facilities and also outside. Retain the jungle aspect. I want it to be a nature and techonology collide kinda thing.

I want more engaging story and choices. Maybe be the hero, or decide to be the villain. Multiplayer. And bots for multiplayer as well.

Expectations?
Far Cry 3/4 with a new coat of paint. We will probably play as a woman this time.

Not quite buying the Far Cry as a western. The south west is pretty but it doesn't really strike me as having the type of terrain you'd want for a game like far cry.

I recently played the prehistoric Far Cry... What a let down. So bland and boring. Why Ubisoft do this? Releasing all these mediocre games, I don't get it.

>Hopes:
I hope it doesn't suck.
>Expectations:
I expect that it will suck.

pretty apt description of what farcry games have become

Modern day Syria-Iraq would be good imagine you play as an ex Muslim who can either side with Isis or kill them, also there would be other groups like Americans and Russians

Something branching off from far cry 2 rather than 3/4.

I hope it never comes out and Ubisoft goes under

Less ledges. That climbing animation gets old really fast.

if the wild west shit turns out to be true i'd be interesting since it fits with all the mechanics they put in the series, I just hope I can skip the fucking cutscenes

Apparently it'll be set in modern day Montana.
I don't know what to expect, seems kinda boring compared to the tropical islands of FC3 and the Himalayas in FC4.

No Towers.
An actually interesting world to explore.
A large selection of vehicles and weapons with more variety than "Just put in whatever Call Of Duty had, but remove most of the attachments."
A meaningful economy system.

I will get none of these because I know Ubisoft is just going to rehash the same horseshit formula they use for all of their open world games.

seriously, this or any other middle eastern conflict, where you dont play as a soldier, and especially not an american one

some dank missions.
opium factory and city of pain were really good and climatic
youtube.com/watch?v=hqZoXIuNkaw
>PAGAN! PAGAN! HOOOOOOOO!

playing as a Vaas

How hard is it to fuck up a western?

youtube.com/watch?v=Slq4PctrR0Q
FC 4's soundtrack was the shit man

> the white man took our land. Go reclaim it, Dark Coyote, let the spirit of the great buffalo guide you.

I'd play that desu

Far cry 3, cool music by skrillex again or some shit, a non tedious go here kill, go there, kill. No boring fucking map not a half empty shitty feeling world. Decent forest AND BETTER FUCKING RADIO. Oh and being the bad gay instead of some fuck all no one who takes on 1,000 people on his own. Better weapons then fc4 and the way the game feels when running also better healing animations, actually skin the animal like in fc3. nothing much really

this is a bad idea, making the mc indian would make production much harder, why an indian instead of a normal cowboy? or if you really need indians, make something in the style of dances with wolves

Get horizon zero dawn then.

In the Wild West.