Is there anything funnier than people who think they're gaming industry celebrity (but really aren't) trying to make it...

Is there anything funnier than people who think they're gaming industry celebrity (but really aren't) trying to make it on Patreon?

These girls (who are / were girlfriends of "prominent" games industry and games journalism people) each left their jobs and started their very own OC donut steel gaming youtube channel + podcast and thought people would pile up to support them.

i'd be happy if i got 3700$ a month to do fuck-all

I wish people would give me $3,500 a month just because of my gender

Why is this news? Who are these girls and why should I care about a shitty podcast?

Not when it's divided by four, after Patreon gets its cut, and you have to pay business tax. It's not a sustainable business if it only makes that much a month.

OP is a shill trying to guilt lonely virgins into donating.

They were from Gamespot, IGN, Playstation Blog etc and are / were girlfriends of some people in the industry, so they tried to jump on the Kinda Funny / Easy Allies bandwagon and make a Patreon thinking they'd get 30k+ like them, but are failing miserably.

Tots, dude. Let's help those gurls!

>are / were girlfriends of some people in the industry

I think this is a dumb business model, but why just blatantly make shit up?

stop fucking giving them attention
you cretinous retard
sage

One is the girlfriend of John Drake from Playstation, the other is the ex-girlfriend of Greg Miller, the other is the girlfriend of ex-IGN Mitch Dyer.

Man, this Patreon thing attracts so many people trying to get some money for zero work it's not even funny.

>3700 a month

They make more than me........ I'm a computer engineer.

I don't know why you have such an obsession that you know this much about them but take it the fuck off this board.

Well, they also reviewed games for Gamespot and IGN back in the day, so if you have more than 18+ years in your belt and half a brain you'd also know their names.

Now how about you just crawl back to your cave, angry man?

They have to divide that by four, pay Patreon and taxes.

Take 10 percent of that for processing fees for paypal/checking. Then 6 percent for medicare. Then 33 percent for state and federal taxes which must be paid quarterly. Now divide it by four.

They are each making about 600 bucks each.

Zoe Quinn has been collecting $3k a month on patreon for three years despite not having made a single game with those funds yet

Here's how it works.

>People make bait threads like these on Sup Forums
>A few angry anons lash out at them on social media
>Gaming press picks up on this and blows it out of proportion
>The target profits from the sympathy and rises in status within the industry overnight

Works every time.

They weren't journalists, they were media bloggers. Learn the difference.

Yep, works every time

I'm sure her Chuck Tingle ren'py visual novel will be coming out any time now

not him, I don't even know and care who the fuck review my games for 22 years of my life
as long as they represent their companies, that's fine by me
then why the fuck would you even care for them in the first place you creep?

I thought we already learned to ignore this kind of shit since Anita Sakajewean and Zoe Quinn

>why make shit up? They aren't WAGs
>Says who they are
>You're obsessed mate, fuck off
Wow

Is that why i saw jeff gerstman retweet this trash ?
He's really losing points at an incredible pace.

I've never heard of them but then again I have no idea why people are obsessed with Giant Balm

ah the red herring of the modern world though. You cant entertain and audience forever they get bored one day you'll have to stop and when you do you've got no job no education nothing...not everyone can be pewdiepie.

Never heard of them. Might check them out, thanks for the heads up.