Trails/Kiseki thread

So what is his end game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YD6cdcCMVDU
youtu.be/8GcEdX93ckc
youtu.be/5Ov46WMHD6I
youtu.be/OWnOJTbHZOM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To make everyone salty as fuck, then laugh at them.

Tita's mother is such a shitty character.
Like, fuck, she's worse than Angelica and Angelica was terrible as it is.

Can anyone explain to me why Estelle is such a weak character? What am I missing?
Playing SC right now and every other character seems way more useful in combat.

Find out in Crossbell. Oh, wait.

Wait until you play 3rd. She goes straight to garbage tier

Because TitS is a bad game, okay Cold Steel is the best and Rean is a badass! Stop playing bad games.

I thought she is optional in 3rd?
Fucking hell, cant I get rid of her once she isnt protag anymore?!

She's the jack of all trades in a trilogy where being a jack of all trades isn't very useful. She gets even more outclassed in 3rd because the two new characters who join in that game are completely fucking broken. At least Estelle isn't the main character of 3rd and there's only one chapter where you have to use Estelle.

I wish I could swap her out for Tita

>She's the jack of all trades in a trilogy where being a jack of all trades isn't very useful
This except it's true for most of the series. Cold Steel Jusis has a similar problem except Jusis still has great buffs, while Estelle has to rely on the incredibly mediocre Morale and a few utility moves to contribute anything besides support spells.

There's no point in using jacks of all trades when you have masters of all trades like Joshua/Sara or ridiculous fucking shit like Richard/Rean.

Morale was atleast ok for awhile in fc/sc because it took awhile to get good buffs but it was so useless in the 3rd. You got comparable buffs like La Forte much earlier and in the 3rds case way before she joined.

Tita becomes ridiculously good in 3rd and then gets top tier once you get her upgrade,

Estelle was balanced so that you could hit shit or do magic shit.

This results in not only shitty stats in both physical and magic, but also a shitty quartz line, the most important part of casters in Kiseki

The only characters outright worse than her in SC are Tita and Josette, and Tita gets a massive upgrade in 3rd

>Chapter 7 the entire crew busts into the gates of hell to save Kevin and Ries
>Renne is among the melee fighters instead of among the casters
I mean sure, she has a huge scythe and her STR isn't horrible, but is there any reason to not set her up as a pure caster?

How could he be the GM when all of us have been peeking his conversation with GM?

I remember when I started FC a few years ago, Estelle had zero restriction on her orbment and I thought "surely that's why she's the main character" then I saw how broken Joshua was with his time quartz and high speed.
Falcom couldn't balance her right, since then they avoided that "jack of all trade, no orbment restriction" character type like the plague.

Well they did do it again with Renne but gave her a single line making her the best caster in all 3 games.

>trapanella

Mm, the pleasure...

banging the grandmaster?

Honestly, I just slapped all the arts shit on Estelle and made her my caster, never really had any trouble finding use for her. Used Olivier as well for that until he became unavailable. I did use Kloe a bit as a caster at the end of SC and turned Estelle into a buff machine and at that point she actually did output decent damage and value thanks to Wheel of Time and decent gear.

She just is. That's an unfortunate fact.

>The Stigma is originally a thing of the Church
>The reason Weissman was able to make one is because he's a former Church member,
as the Salt Pale report says
>Kevin appears to have the fucking Gate of Babylon or something
Well that's one fucking way to start off a chapter.

So I just started FC after buying it fuck knows when.
How much missable stuff is there in the game? Do I have to talk to every NPC in every town after every main quest like in some other JRPGs or am I fine if I just check the Bracer guild boards?
I know about that book series thing but is there anything else?

Calvard when?

A lot. Check a guide or something

Estelle is not even jaeger tier

There's some missable sidequests that have a very small window gap. It's optional to talk to every NPC but each has their own story across FC and SC.

What about the chosen one?

>talking to NPCs
>after every main quest
It's every cutscene that changes every single NpC dialogue in the area.

That reminds me: is Lloyd useful in his game?
From what I saw in CS2's Intermission he has some ridiculously useful crafts.

So last few threads some user talked about Crossbell being announced at E3. Thoughts?

>hey she has no quartz restrictions, must be good for casting
>Joshua has a higher ATS than her

Sweet delusion.
I wish I could wallow in it myself.

There's quite a lot of missable's I would honestly recommend a guide. Without one you end up needing to talk to pretty much everyone after any story trigger. Bracer Guild quests should also being completed ASAP, short ones generally are available only until the next story event while long ones are generally available for most of or the entire chapter. There's also side quests I missed where you need to visit the towers in a region early in the chapter while Professor Alba is still there.

>I know about that book series thing but is there anything else?
The vast majority of its jobs for max BP, the books are really the only other major one again would recommend a guide for them as they are stupid as fuck to find without one. Getting them all also gives Estelle or Joshua their ultimate weapon. Chests and anything in them is also missable after you leave a region since you can't return to previous regions but in SC you will have a chance to return at a certain point. So when your ready to leave a region at the start of a chapter make sure you are ready to leave.

You'll get CSIII and you'll be grateful

I'd be happy to get that much, really.

Wont be hearing anything about it till after its out in japan.

Physiccally, Hard Break becomes pretty decent once you've upgraded it to True, unlike her whirlwind craft. The latter should only ever be used for pushing enemies away because its damage is horrible. Comet can be okay for dealing with high armored targets, but usually isn't very good either. Her final S-craft is actually a quite strong single target attack if you give her the STR to use it.

Her ATS is decent enough that she's still useful against enemies that are resistant to physical, but her quartz lines aren't good enough that you should ever specialize her towards arts use.

So in short, use Hard Break a lot. It's spammably cheap, has a good area of effect, has Impede, and does more damage than any of her other crafts.

XSEED's internal plan/hope is to release it on 2018 Fall. But really, they expect it to take much longer.

You got a source on that, user?

I actually had a decent time with her in the 3rd. She always had great physical attack and her S Craft's healing gives her sustainability/independence. Although I'm sure it was because I gave her all the good shit. Anelace and Richard would probably outclass her if I focused on them, but Estelle didn't disappoint nearly as much as she did in SC.

I've just finished beating the optional 5 Cryptids bosses in Trails of Cold Steel 2. How far am I from the end?

>Her final S-craft is actually a quite strong single target attack if you give her the STR to use it.
Problem is, it's a late-game S-Craft and it's single-target.
That kind of shit just doesn't fly.

He's an immortal Isekai character, granted boons by the grandmaster. He's just bored and wants to get back to his world

Lloyd is a similar to Estelle with jack of all trades stats & no restrictions orbment but he has much better crafts.

Are the older Legend of Heroes games worth playing? I just watched the first game's opening and it's pretty neat.
youtube.com/watch?v=YD6cdcCMVDU

Getting stabbed by a salt bolt probably.

>no restrictions
Huh, he was fire and earth in CS2. Wonder why they changed it.

Imagine being so much of a faggot that this is literally how you cook.

Yes

Play all of Falcom's older shit if you can too, like the Brandish games

So he is the protagonist of the calvard arc?

Yes, Campanella is gonna be the MC and we're playing as a squad of enforcers, including Bleublanc and Walter

No silly, Calvard's going to be about cute magical girl idols doing cute girl things but with Trails-tier depth

Not him but I decided to play through Ys after finishing 3rd.
Should I play the Steam version of 1 or the PC-88 version of 1.

Everyone has a main and a secondary element n CS.

>No silly, Calvard's going to be about cute magical girl idols doing cute girl things but with Trails-tier depth
Is there some basis for this or is this one of those "it's the current anime fad so it'll be in a Kiseki game" because lol Falcom

She's a jack of all trades master of none, and she suffers for it.

Lloyd from Crossbell saga is also a jack of all trades, but they give him decent stats, so he's useful all the way through. The other problem with Estelle is that her crafts are absolute garbage.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of flourish when you're entertaining people.

What religion does Calvard follow?
This is important.

His stats are way better, he can do physical and magic decent enough, not on the same level as dedicated characters to a certain stat, but he's times better than Estelle.

Maybe he gets Falcom and Gust mixed up.

/cal/ - Calvard activities.

>Estelle comes back later in the series
>Now Space/Fire or Fire/Earth, losing her biggest niche
>Does not gain any new niche to make up for this
can't wait

Since they are not-USA I imagine there's a backbone foundation of Aidios worship that fell to the wayside leaving many people non-religious and materialistic instead, also eastern immigrants with their own faiths and cultures diluting the pool too.

If you can stomach the bad translation Gagharv's good.

youtu.be/8GcEdX93ckc

youtu.be/5Ov46WMHD6I

youtu.be/OWnOJTbHZOM

I'd unironically pay $100 for this

>you and your cast of cute moeblob idols will never fight evil Ouroboros enforcers who are also cute idols

It's not like the Septian Church was ever big on curbing spiritualists and pagans either, from what we know.

>Space/Fire
Fire isn't that bad of an orbment lock. Its no Time but its far from terrible like Water. Space is so so but I guess you can use it for support.

>defeat Loewe
>Karin appears next to him for 1 second before vanishing
That was heartwarming

Steam

It depends, animism is bigger in Erebonia than it is in Liberl for example.

To be fair, you're going to always want one Mind-type quartz on a caster anyway.
It's just that they went full retard with locking not two, but three slots on Kloe with water.

dumb phoneposter

Gotta make up for the fact her ATS is superior to everyone else.

Honestly if I had to guess I'd say Estelle would be Fire and Wind.

Too bad water didn't have the arts from Zero/AO, cause water has some pretty good AoE spells in it.

True.
Didn't keep me from putting her in my end-game party for both FC and SC anyway, along with Olivier.
I also think she's the cutest Sky girl,
followed by Jill and Dorothy with her Evo portrait
Space/Fire makes perfect sense, really, parallels with the sun and all.

Play Akatsuki, Estelle one shots everyone with her aoe delay craft at max level

Estelle actually have a rather high strength growth, which is hampered by her weapon's low base damage. This becomes a non-issue with the 'ultimate' weapons, which have max damage rolls.

I mostly just picked Fire since it seemed realistic on her. We could always go Earth/Mirage if she needs to suffer.
>Earth characters in Sky are forced into Defense, tanking Zin's attack and ensuring Josette is totally worthless physically
>Earth characters in Cold Steel don't get the Str debuff, but also don't get free Earth Wall out of it and need to spend a slot just for weaker versions of it and Genesic Barrier
What were they even going for?

Cry for me

>forced into Defense, tanking Zin's attack
???
Just don't put a quartz in?

>post from android
>images keep their original file name
Hmm

I think Space and Mirage both feel too grandiose for a down to earth baka like Estelle.

Is it just me or does that Geriatric Barrier spell kind of break the final boss in 3rd?

Any homolust in these games?

It defintely does.

Just put Septium Vein. If you want to use Strike quartz don't even bother puting anything into the Earth slot.

What would Joshua be? Time & mirage?

>What were they even going for?
Who had Earth slots in CS again? Machias and Millum?
For Machias it's pretty blatant: stick a poison/petrify and wail at them. Machias is a debuff/ailment machine, after all.
Plus the R ones were pretty balanced, offensive ones buffing STR/DEF and defensive buffing HP/DEF

Clover as opposed to using the browser, maybe?

Anyone know the colors for all the airships in Liberl? I always get these questions in Maniac mode.

Towa and Lloyd too.

Uh, the Arseille is white, whatever the Zeiss company ship is called is orange, the airliners are blue, the Bobcat is green, something like that? I haven't gotten to that minigame yet, what chapter do you get it on?

Clover keeps the original filename.

I feel like he'd be Time and Wind.

Late in chapter 6.

Isn't the Linde green? And I think the international one was... red?