Post game world maps. What are your favorites?

Post game world maps. What are your favorites?

Personally, I have always liked Medievil's Gallowmere map. It's comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/yasrbx852eflqhf/Tharador.JPG?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no WoW bullshit

Fuuck i never got past the town with the corrupted villagers as a kid. Never realized i missed so much

i miss this map

>Northeron

The fuck? That's not a place that exists in the game.

I mean there are other places on that map that I'm pretty sure aren't in the game either but those are just islands so it makes sense that you can't go there. An entire region attached to an existing continent is another story, though.

>Schattenalfen
jesus christ, it hurts

Christ its such a clusterfuck now, just destroy Azeroth and be done with it. I can't even look at it like this.

Man, what a clusterfuck WoW has become

The Great Sea looks like an archipelago now.

They've done that many times, new regions appearing out of nowhere.

Yeah, makes you wonder how the fuck the orcs and humans missed so many islands when they traveled to Kalimdor.

I really like how they handled scale.

Is this some kind of /tg/ joke, making a map as generic as possible?

Never heard of that before. It seems to have some kind of map art at least. Is it cut content or something like that?

Not a game map, but I loved it.

Aside from the path where the one noble girl was traded to the giant chieftain as rape fodder, that was a downer

>Eastern Swamp
>in the mid-north

I like maps like this. I googled a lot of those new places and so far most have actual references or wiki articles about them, which is neat that it's not just autist fan theory.

Was it though? My dick sure didn't go down

is that map to scale

so many nights spent in my 13 year old/14 year old days.

Fuck ToS for being so shit

Eh, it's a WIP, I have like 5 pages of history and factions tucked away somewhere and it works well enough for my friends and I to play with

dropbox.com/s/yasrbx852eflqhf/Tharador.JPG?dl=0

If you're talking about that particular map, I suggest taking 2 fucking seconds out of your day to google the actual map that's currently in game, senpai-a-lam.

The way you type I reckon that was last year?

yes

It's mentioned in warcraft 2, retconned out in cataclysm

Except that is the WoW map circa Wrath of the Lich King

Before The Sundering

Pretty sure that's not even remotely to scale in terms of the distance between islands/continents, though.

>reckon

slow down there, partner!

uh woops

Oh boy, an excuse to post these

Not a huge improvement
>Broken Isles as close to Northrend as Teldrasil is to Darkshore

Does that mean I can get there by flying mount

>those flat edges

quality work lads

Looks like AC:B's Rome.

Correctomundo

Thought this was Rome TW 2 for a second. Man, what a disappointment Rome was in that game. I miss AC Brotherhood though.

>not making your own maps for game ideas you'll never bring to fruition

The Skulls are raids, Keys dungeons, Blue houses are neutral towns, Red/Green faction towns, and the Castles are faction strongholds. The crossed swords are a battleground.

It was just a map of an MMO idea I was fucking around with. I even made low-poly models and items and shit just to get the hang of modeling before I dropped it altogether, because nobody appreciates anything, especially an MMO, that doesn't have cutting edge graphics.

Then I realized it would cost a lot of money to make and sustain the MMO, and even as just a SP RPG, it would be too ambitious a project for one person new to videogame development.

What geimu

What program do you use? Looks good

AC Brotherhood

Man, I don't even remember most of these. I gotta replay the series sometime
VAE VICTIS AHAHAHAHA

Drew it by hand, inked it, then scanned it into Photoshop and added some colors to the regions and made icons.

What's up with that small atoll-like island in the south west? Fort Firemoth?

What game?

This is the worst map I've ever seen.

And I've seen fan made RPG maker maps.

rip

Really gets the neurons firing.

Very nice, I wish I had the artistic ability to do that.

Planetside 2

>cool complex exciting maps you want to explore
>in-game it's actually just a selection corridor-like areas connected by warp gates
Japs especially like to pull that shit, I never even played a jRPG with actual open world.

What's the Dragon Isles from? In the upper-right corner.

Dragon Empires was one man development? Explains everything, Codemasters.

Hang on I know some of those
>Sar-sargoth
>Lamut
>>>Krondor

THERES A FUCKING GAME FOR MAGICIAN?
WHAT HAVE I MISSED CHRIST

>dalaran
They recycled fucking Dalaran?

I'd also like to make some autistic fantasy world map.
Some day...

Sometimes that's better though. Compare the "Open World" of Xenoblade to the open world of MGS V and tell me which one is more interesting

I was a huge idiot as a kid.
Got the game from my uncle and I called him up to whine about him giving me a demo.
Turns out I have to move the stick diagonally to go to the second level on the map screen.

Unused/Unmade Raid concept from Vanilla.

>edgeville
Kek, all I remember from runescape is Lumbridge, Varrock and that small hut you needed a key for to farm on giants for bones.

Dalaran was ported from Northrend to Deadwind Pass and then to Broken Isles.

Don't know. I haven't played Xenoblade because I don't have WiiU and I haven't played MGSV because it's MGS game.

I was only dabbling in C++. My understanding of it was bare minimal basic shit. Was just starting to do arrays before life knocked me down and I had to focus on not being broke and losing my car.

Dunno where my folder of models were. I had made some stylish low-poly shit, kind of going for a design, texture, and model aesthetic similar to MGS1 on PS1. low poly but stylish as fuck, but medieval. Had a bunch of weapons, a few characters, an armor set that fit over one character. Textures were still being worked on though. Can't seem to find the models anywhere either.

>ported
You mean copied.
Yes, there are two Dalarans in-game. And yes, they look almost identical to each other.

Your maps are too big.

Farming hill giants was chill

Nothing in this map makes any fucking sense.

I miss Morroc area pre-fuck up

Maybe because the game is shit. Dungeon Siege 2 is the only good game in the series.

>MOBA

lel

i fucking love this game.

tfw chicken chaser.

Guess the game, niggers

Some obscene old shit II

>ywn play mount&blade for the first time

Maybe it was Northeron.

>Q: Does the Wildhammer area that was called Northeron appear in WoW?

>A: Prior to the Cataclysm, the northernmost part of the Twilight Highlands was called Northeron. The rapid melting of its famed icy cliffs due to the catastrophic climate shift from the Cataclysm, the incursion of Twilight's Hammer forces, and the appearance of the creature known as Iso'rath all served to put an end to Northeron and many of the independent dwarves who lived there. Some of the wreckage is still visible along the northern coast. Fortunately, the nearby spiritual center of Kirthaven remains intact.

Favorite map ever