Why was Bayonetta 2 so much more casualized than the first? Is it because its a Nintendo exclusive?

Why was Bayonetta 2 so much more casualized than the first? Is it because its a Nintendo exclusive?

It's just more balanced. Removing one hit ko QTE was the right thing to do.
Ironically, Bayo 2's highest difficulty is still harder than Bayo 1's hardest difficulty.

time to realize my destiny of becoming bayonetta and meeting a nice girl who can help me through SRS and HRT and bond over doing girl stuff :>

>Ironically, Bayo 2's highest difficulty is still harder than Bayo 1's hardest difficulty.
what makes you say that?

The level of challenge I experimented playing both games. The Enemy AI in 2, for instance, is much smarter.

>Ironically, Bayo 2's highest difficulty is still harder than Bayo 1's hardest difficulty.
But how?
Bayo 1:
>Only certain enemies activate witch time
>Every combo will end in a wicked weave
>Air juggling
>Weapons actually feel like general purpose weapons instead of specific purpose tools like they do in 2

It's because this would be the first cuh-rrazy game for people who play nintendo exclusively. It was a way to sort of ease them in. Otherwise, you'd get a bunch of people bitching and whining that it's too hard, like the PC crowd is with Bayo 1.

>It's because this would be the first cuh-rrazy game for people who play nintendo exclusively.
But they bundled the first game with Bayo 2.

Yeah, because the first game didn't come out on a Nintendo console. But the games are set up so you can play them out of order. They're in a time loop, aren't they?

They are in a time loop but you don't know that until you finish 2. Someone who has played neither certainly wouldn't know anything about it. I assume most people would play the first game before going in to the second one.
Also the time loop twist makes no sense at all if you haven't played 1.

Should it have been advertised/made as a prequel then?

>like the PC crowd is with Bayo 1.
every curazy exist on pc wtf are you talking about?

Well no because it's not really a prequel either. Just some explanations after the final boss that make the first game's conflict make more sense.

There's a number of people on Steam bitching about the difficulty of Bayo 1.

I wonder where this meme started, that people with Nintendo consoles never played anything ever except Mario

>Of course they like BotW, they never experienced an open world game before!

>I wonder where this meme started, that people with Nintendo consoles never played anything ever except Mario
Maybe because its true?
What other open world games did you play before BOTW? Probably just Xenoblade, if that.

>cuh-razy
Anybody else cuh-ringe every time they hear this shit?

I wasn't implying that. I'm saying the crazy action genre of games isn't really present on Nintendo consoles. They didn't have anything like Devil May Cry or Bayo until Bayo 2 came out, not that I recall.

Yeah, but no one can settle on an alternate name.

yes but it's the only naming we have

>removing air juggling with basic wicked weaves
>removing the ability to extend witch time by attacking more

These are just a few of the changes that were meant to casualize the game. This isn't balancing it. This is why so many experienced players prefer the first over the secomd. Look up Bayonetta 2 combo videos on YouTube, you won't find many.

Any GTA? RDR? The Assassin's Creeds, i guess? Brutal Legend? Spiderman 2? Far Cry 2? Off the top of my head. Why do you act like people suddenly started gaming with the Wii U or Switch?

I still don't see why that would influence the devs' decisions on difficulty and all. The Nintendo fanbase isn't a monolith who's preference and abilities are determined by the company's history

Goddamn I want to play Bayonetta 2 so bad, but not bad enough to buy Nintendo's literal meme console.

but all the games are free and it plays Wii and GC games better than dolphin.

Bayonettas look and mannerisms reminded me so much of a drag queen in the first that im not surprised to read this.
no hate at all, drag shows / queens are some of the coolest fucking people and its a blast no matter who you are.
also transgender people arent drag queens but you get it

>determined by the company's history
Well, Nintendo did foot the bill

I'm not saying Platinum didn't care about Nintendo or it's fans. I don't see why they or Nintendo themselves would go "oh i guess we should casualize the game because we never had DMC on Nintendo consoles and i'm sure Wii U owners only play Nintendo"

These games aren't even that hard, i didn't need any prep to play Ninja Gaiden or the first Bayonetta, except the former required definetly more trial and error. The hard part in Bayo is getting good scores

>Nintendo themselves would go "oh i guess we should casualize the game because we never had DMC on Nintendo consoles and i'm sure Wii U owners only play Nintendo"
To be fair they do make pretty dumb decisions.
Remember the paper mario survey that led to sticker star?

You will never become a girl, you will only become an abomination of a man.

Bayonetta 2 is the better of the two games. I had seriously trouble going back to rebeat Bayonetta 1 on my WiiU copy following 2. It doesn't feel good in comparison

I know nothing about the Paper Mario series, i have the original installed but i still have to touch it

>I had seriously trouble going back to rebeat Bayonetta 1 on my WiiU copy following 2.
Yes, because Bayo 1 is harder.

Death QTEs, Kinship fuckery and the like might make the game harder but certainly not better.

What the fuck man, go play it and TTYD on your Wii U right now.

Bayo 2 is easier because every combo ends in a wicked weave and every enemy will trigger witch time.

I'll get to it, i'm sure. I still have to get my hands on Wii and GC controllers

Off the top of my head the chainsaws have no wicked weaves, and barely any combos in Bayo 1 ended weaveless.

Every enemy SHOULD trigger witch time. Not having that is retarded.

This guy is right. I frequent the Steam discussion for Bayonetta, and its one half "WHY CAN'T I PLAY THIS ON MY SHITTY LAPTOP?!" thread and the other half "WHY THE FUCK IS THIS GAME HARD? I CAN PLAY DARK SOULS BUT NOT THIS!" thread. I've tried to help out but most of these folks tend to be fucking stubborn as all hell. I still can't get over the one thread where someone said he was glad not to have spent money on this game because he played the game at his friend's house and couldn't get past Grace and Glory, and then goes on a 4 paragraph essay rant about how the people there are elitist basement dwellers even though they've all tried to help, even if they were being smug about it. It's absolute cancer.

Wonderful 101.

>drag queens
>cool
You're a fucking homo

>I assume most people would play the first game before going in to the second one
>tfw you almost did the opposite
Good thing my autism doesn't permit me to play sequels without playing the original game first.

Issues with Bayonetta 2
>wicked weaves no longer push enemies around
>can't properly launch them unless you're in witch time or use umbran climax
>umbran climax extremely OP and gives you NO reason to use torture attacks as a result
>enemies can now counter you regardless of what attack you do to them
>air combos are no longer a viable strategy BECAUSE enemies can counter you, unless you attack from behind which makes for a cumbersome strategy and reduces any sort of creativity that Bayo 1 allowed for
>can't relaunch enemies unless you abuse the bracelet of time or umbran climax
>bosses like Lumen Sage completely ignore witch time and most of Bayo's powerful attacks, so it becomes nothing more than button mashing and dodge fests
>witch time heavily nerfed in general; doesn't last nearly as long as Bayo 1's witch time, even when properly countering with Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa
>enraged enemies further REDUCES witch time, which makes the game artificially harder rather than engaging

In short, Bayonetta 2 rewards players for button mashing mindlessly rather than fighting stylishly, whereas Bayonetta 1 rewards players for fighting stylishly rather than button mashing. I still love Bayonetta 2, but for the all the good things it fixes, like fewer or quicker QTE's and enemies no longer attacking the moment a cutscene ends, it makes unnecessary and questionable changes that most players unfamiliar with Bayonetta's mechanics wouldn't even notice.