New Harvest Moon game announced for PC/Switch/PS4

New Harvest Moon game announced for PC/Switch/PS4.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/snes-style-harvest-moon-game-coming-to-nintendo-sw/1100-6450072/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Magna:_Maiden_Heaven
gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-256#post-7273883
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>PC
Move aside Stardew Valley, the king is back.
It'll most likely be shit and/or sell less due to the fans have been satisfied with SV.
Also I'd rather have Rune Factory ports.

daily reminder "harvest moon" is just natsume shovelware

daily reminder that the actual game is "Story of Seasons" now

Just a name, it won't have its actual quality because Story of Seasons is the actual Harvest Moon series now, a dispute over the series rights got the developers to give up on the "Haverst Moon" name brand.

>tfw Story of Seasons will never be on PC

atleast i have a 3ds

no reason to buy it when Stardew Valley shits on it

Not Harvest Moon, Natsume don't have the rights to publish actual HM games anymore.

XBROS BTFO

>the king is back.
It never left, it just changed names to Story of Season.

Haverst Moon is now a zombie, just a name spear headed by incompetent developers.

The last HM was just a disgrace, proving the original team did matter.

>it won't have its actual quality because Story of Seasons is the actual Harvest Moon series now
I feel like even the actual series has lost a lot of steam. The releases come too often and they are far to similar. They need to just fucking slow own, take a step back and get some perspective before they plan their next game.

gamespot.com/articles/snes-style-harvest-moon-game-coming-to-nintendo-sw/1100-6450072/

SNES STYLE

The absolute STATE of Xbox

If Natsume had any brains after losing the original HM devs they would hire the dude who made Stardew Valley.

Except the SNES game was probably one of the most shallow entries in the series, apart from the early Game Boy ones, it would never actually hold the interest of anyone nowadays.

I'm pretty sure they're forcefully throwing the term "SNES-styled" out there just to attract hipsters who paid multiple hundreds for their authentic SNES copy.

You got it wrong, Natsume owns the Harvest Moon name, they got to keep it while the original devs left to join Marvelous, they are the ones who can't use the Haverst Moon name anymore, transitioning to Story of Seasons.

Meanwhile Natsume getting new people to keep pumping more games still named Harvest Moon only produced mediocre results.

>hire a guy who made about 40 million dollars

lol

>Stardew Valley shits on it

Not really.
It might have neat farming aspects but the whole landlife-family-social part of Stardew Valley is pure garbage.

Literally not the Harvest Moon you remember.

Natsume broke connections with the Japanese developers of the Harvest Moon series, but Natsume still hung onto the name. As such, Natsume can get any company to churn out anything and name it Harvest Moon. On the other hand, the Japanese company is still putting out the series, now called Story of Seasons.

>XBROS
Who?

>I feel like even the actual series has lost a lot of steam.
You mean Story of Seasons? They remain consistent to me.

Pretty sure what that user said amounts to the same thing. The real Harvest Moon games are being made elsewhere.

The way you're wording it makes it seem like the actual content is tied to the name, and not the games. Which is a pretty wrong way to look at it.

>the xbone is the new wiiu

Story of Seasons is actually getting a Switch game

Nice, haven't played HM in a long time.

>Stardew Valley is shit
>Harvest Moon is a walking corpse of garbage
>Rune Factory is dead
>Story of Seasons goes into the wrong direction

>Natsume pretending they did anything beyond translating

Fuckers

Stardew Valley lets me live the fantasy of being a gay farmer. Harvest Moon never did that.

They have two 3DS games, an android/ios game, and an edutainment title with new Harvest Moon.

Meanwhile Xseed has to charge for DLC that was free in the Japanese version because they were too busy losing Falcom licenses.

>New Harvest Moon game not on Xbox One
SHIT! I OWN AN XBOX ONE!

>Also on PC
Thank god...

I want the superior Rune Factory

That studio disbanded.

>being excited for harvest moon branded games

someone hasn't been paying attention

>HM
Don't want get my hope up since its natsume

Stardew Valley blows modern "Harvest Moon" out of the water, but Story of Seasons is king.

aside that they'rea bunch of leechers all natsume hm games loook like chinese bootlegs

Oh joy, more shovelware masquerading as an actual game.

>Harvest Moon copyright issues
>Rune Factory dead
>will never get more Witch Princess

>Fake Harvest Moon
Who cares?

Well, the latest game did have a mini-Harvest Goddess and a marriageable fox goddess. Don't recall if there was a witch in ToT though, although SoS did have one.

Midget witch was in there as well yeah

>not vita

Every time

>Story of Seasons goes into the wrong direction

Expand on this. Because I feel they're getting way too gimmicky/committing to the weeb aesthetic as of late, but I'm interested in hearing what others think.

Stardew isn't shit, but it only does farming
and exploration/discovery amazingly, the social/family part is pretty mediocre, which is unfortunate because the characters are infinitely more interesting than the typically 1 dimensional characters in SoS or HM.

RF IS dead and HM is facebook tier, now.

Well, it's playable in the emulator at least.

>That studio disbanded.
When the fuck did this happen? I just started playing through them.

Marvelous hired them all and they made this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Magna:_Maiden_Heaven

Different user here.

The original series (SNES, N64, PS1) were more focused towards the sim aspects. You had 365 days in a year, crops took weeks to grow, it took months to build up relations with people, people moved around and you needed to remember schedules, and so on. The game was much more focused on having fun while "experiencing" farm life, and while the SNES game did have time limits, it was mostly about how you spent your time and what you wanted to do.

The next batch (mostly GameCube and PS2) tended more more towards experimental stuff. They didn't want the series to get old, so they tried a bunch of different things to see what would be more popular. Years were shrunk down to four months, A Wonderful Life went through a player's full life cycle, the PS2 game was shit, etc. They seemed to want to expand their audience a bit, but removing the sim-like elements changed it from what the games originally were about.

Around the Wii/DS era, the games seemed to get more intro a rhythm. Buggy as fuck at times, but they seemed to be mostly the same but with a certain gimmick, such as multiple towns or lots of different animals. I honestly didn't play any of these, so I can't say much of them.

Starting around when the series changed into Story of Seasons, it seems they are more interested in taking aspects from Rune Factory which were popular. As such, you see things like quests or mini-competitions, a lot of free time to run around town, and a stranger cast of characters. Farming is much more the thing you do automatically at the beginning of the day, as opposed to something you need to plan out like in the first games. It seems to want to appeal to the RF audience, either because Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons isn't doing as well, or because they know that Rune Factory isn't getting a follow up. (or just because the RF people are working on SoS now)

is it good?

There's no 3ds emulator, m8.

What? Where have you been this past year? Citra is a thing bro.

I've only played Wonderful Life on Gamecube. What's the best Harvest Moon?

I personally liked it, but the game has its faults. You can tell that it was rushed to completion after the game studio was shut down. I'm a bit sad, because I'd like to see a sequel with the obvious improvements the game could use.

I was busy being a wagecuck.

>Itt: nobody realized that the original devs of harvest moon are now working on story of seasons.

You niggers are truly retarded.

Is this going to be the first HM in PC?

Who cares. I want Rune Factory 5

>Rune Factory is dead
delete

even after like 12 years i still have fun with FOMT

can't say the same for even RF

Exciting. I love farming sims. I grew up on a farm but don't live on one now. I miss it. Playing these types of games helps a bit.

lol gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

This

>fake bootleg series
Who cares?

Story of Seasons. AKA the actual series, is still on nintendo systems only.

Wrong company.

>harvest moon

>not story of seasons

Harvest moon is dead

>Not rune factory
who fucking cares?

>tfw no milf factory or milf moon

>game where you plant your seed into fertile soil
>user wants old and busted ladies that are too old to bear children

Gay as fuck.

>>Rune Factory dead

Is it? Who was even developing those?

>not running a dairy farm where you harvest the breast milk of a bunch of cute milfs
C'mon my dude...

Neverland who is ded.
IP's now owned by Marvelous who isn't doing anything with it for some reason. Maybe because they don't have the director anymore.

So how bad was the last one?

>Rune Factory is dead
reeeeeeeeee delete this

at this point HM is just a coma patient waiting to die

FUCK. I wanted to play this shit on my Xbox, what the fuck I have literally NO games to play...

Be prepared to have mixed success with some titles. Rune Factory 4 runs fairly well if you use the right build (and don't have a total toaster) though.

not him but my pc is the last problem, whats the right build?
I'm already using the last one updated on the citra page to play pokemon moon

>nastume

literally who cares retard, it's trash

call me when marvelous devs get brought back to make rune factory 5 on switch

Try one of the unofficial ones. You might be able to get a few extra fps out of it.
One I am currently using is a few weeks old but has generally been fine for Rune Factory and faster than the bleeding edge builds.
gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-256#post-7273883

>on Switch
They may as well stay dead.