ITT: Post casual filters

ITT: Post casual filters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qSL5N0uDW40
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally every "hardcore soulsborne player" I know drops the game by the tutorial or with this guy.

Man I remember struggling against that guy in MH1 on the PS2, but I eventually beat him.
Oh the memories

*Summons Brimstone Fiend*

You're kidding me right? You don't even need to dodge him. You can out DPS him

Is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate a good entry point into the series? Figured i'd emulate it with CEMU.

Uh

Kut-Ku in MH1 and 2 kills you in three hits

you can't even buy potions

DMC1 enemies are sweet.

>that one chapter where you are ambushed by the spider in the corridor
>then first Shadow encounter
>then Nelo fucking Angelo

>pretending CEMU is good
lol

Tri is about the same, except you can actually emulate it for real instead of pretending you can.

There's a specific build that removes the bloom, get that.

>CEMU

You realize you won't be able to emulate MH3U smoothly, right? It's a BoTW emulator and that's it, it'll drop support after they find success in it like that one 3DS emulator did.

huh, i could have bought this, but the HD collection is expensive af in europe, so i just got jak 3 for 10€ and already 100% it. in what ways is jak 2 better if 3 lets you do so much more- light powers, guns, bigger world, etc?

the music is still in my head

Hello

Was it a mario emulator before is became a BotW emulator? Fucking retard.
Used it for one game, didn't have any problems.
>emulate it for real
Like how? Dolphin? no way josé.

>Everything about DMC1's DMD difficulty.
>Think you're out of the woods by the time you beat Nelo Angelo twice and Nightmare.
>That outer castle area
>The entire sewer area with all the reapers
>THE DOGS OH DEAR LORD THE DOGS
>That one courtyard you fought Nightmare the first time but now with dogs and reapers.
>Nelo Angelo 3
>Nightmare 3
>Mundus

A bit too late in the game to be a casual filter. Chainsaw dog is the true casual filter because he forces you to learn to parry

This entire fucking game. Granted I've 100% it 3 times now, it's such a good fucking game and it's a shame the difficulty and learning curve drives people away from this, and the series in general.

>the dogs
You mean the Nobodies, one of the most powerful nonboss creatures in the series?
My issue with Last Raven was that it's sensibilities changed drastically in terms of what came before and after. It's very much it's own beast, and the standard AC ideals just don't work if you were a series fan.
>really, I'm butthurt my spider legs were so shit after years of dominating the series with unlimited heavy plasma arms

I don't seem to remember these Nobody enemies even Googling them, but I vividly remember Shadows being a major annoyance. Always thought these were dogs though, not cats.

i kept pulling the sticks down repeadedly rather than hold

This, pretty much. I remember when everyone hated the demo because they couldn't parry

Nexus and nine breaker were to ease you into the new mechanics. Hell that's the entire premise of nine breaker, a rigorous training program designed to find that one in a billion dominant pilot that ends up being the last raven at the end of the 24 hours. It's basically pointed at that the nine breaker ai in nb is sifting through all of these Ravens and pilots for that one dominant.
But yes, it was a fair bit harder than the rest of the series, even throwing an enemy ac at you with a linear cannon in the very first mission.
Also >quad legs with energy weapons
Ishygddt

The missions are funner in my opinion. There's also no wasteland, which I prefer. If you enjoy platformers you should try the original of you haven't already. It's easy but great.

I'll never understand how there were THAT many people that couldn't grasp the simple concept of tap the direction the attack is coming from + attack. You can literally mash it and the game will option select between attack or parry depending on the situation.

What genres are these people playing where they don't even have basic reflexes and critical thinking skills?

i do like the wasteland. however, i think it's dumb that they decided to destroy the best looking part of haven city for 3, though they did try to make up for it by gentrifying the slums

JUST

DANCE WATER DANCE

FUCK

Did you mean

youtube.com/watch?v=qSL5N0uDW40

I never got thought this was hard. I remember just hoverboarding under the bridges.

A hole is a hole

damn i did that too years ago

The whole Eden Tower is the best casual filter i ever see in a video game. People that played Recore knows what i am talking about.

lowkey truth

Except that he didn't. There were enough piñata minions the dog summoned to keep your health up long enough to wail on him no matter the damage you were taking.

>Mfw managed to do it on the first try

I love DMC1 but the fucking dogs are bullshit enemies. I mean come the fuck on they take forever, its so fucking boring

I remember being stuck here as a youth, but never knowing what was fucking me over. I think I just eventually figured out how to kill the thing in the water and I had an easy out.

My Hard playthrough as a melee guy was pure suffering once these guys showed up.
Shitloads of HP and they could twoshot you.

Is that from Dark Messiah? That game on hard was just unfun. I got to the Lich and didn't feel like cheesing through him so I just dropped it.

Strong as the mountains!

I think so.

And yeah, I agree, It was mostly just annoying. It got a lot better once you got the holy weapons after banishing the succubus but by then 90% of the game was over.

Tiger Joe and Afro fist are also contenders, but afro fist is like the 3rd penultimate boss anyway.

only games you can emulate are mhfu (+its previous iterations) and p3rd with ppsspp and mh tri with dolphin

Does a true final boss really count as a casual filter?

Only if there's endgame content after the final boss.

They usually are. Hence the name "True" final boss. Most of the time, happens almost immediately after the final boss. And a casual usually doesn't know the requirements to meet it.

there isn't that many of them up until the end and by then, you should have the electro shield that stuns them and let's you behead them easily

Souls players think they're "hardcore" for playing those games when they're fighting bosses literally as easy as a YKK.

Killing Rathalos for the first time was gameplay sex. Took me 45+ minutes to take it down.

This on the hardest difficulty was ass cancer
fuck those TIE fighters

>Took me 45+ minutes to take it down.
Wow that sounds really fun and not incredibly boring

Circa 2009.

They really fucked him up in later entries.

Given every moment is a struggle not to have a third of your life taken away, it typically is pretty fun.

That said he was just kinda shit and it shouldn't take more than 10-20 minutes on average. The last monster I took 40+ minutes on was Dalamadur in MH4U, and only because I was soloing it.

I played MH FU long before any Soulsgame and no, he was easy as fuck, the first enemy I struggled against was the Tigrex.

I literally had to spin attack to victory with the yellow gun.

I swear the game made it easier at some point.

I have never lost to this guy
Not when I last played it at 21
Not when I first played it when it came out
Only time I EVER had trouble is during his rematch and once I realized wisdom form+firaga ruins his shit he became the easiest rematch to beat

I do not understand how one could be so bad at video games

Of course he was easier in FU. FU came like 4 games later. Any monster gets easier when it shows up in later entries, because of basic mechanical polishing on weapons meaning that you can deal with older design philosophies with less trouble.

If you were playing MH1 he was a monster.

nice original joke

>monster
They're all monsters iirc. I'm playing, fuck that guy and fuck me for looking at the PS2 box and thinking it was going to be a quick game.

test