Ace Combat Delayed to 2018

:(

Guess I will have time to get my Nosferatu to level 20 then.
Well, whatever. It's a lot better than them rushing it and the game ending up shit.

I just ordered AC 4 & 5 while I wait for this. Really looking forward to playing them for the first time

GREAT SHOT MOBIUS ONE

make sure to get 0 as well

6 is good too if he has a 360. 4/0/6 are top tier.

I'm admittedly kinda glad. I want this shit to be as polished as they can get it to be

Delayed games are never polished, don't fall for the meme

Maybe it won't be polished, but hopefully it won't be obviously unfinished at least.

Hopefully this delay gives them time to get even more idol skins ready. Put CG/ML/SideM skins in too this time, that'd be cool.

Whatever.

2017 is basically over.

>CG skins
Syoko and Anya themed, planes hell yeah!

Fuck off Idolmasterfags. There's better sources for skins than generic singing girls.

Idolmaster fans are crazy and spend huge amounts on DLC, so there are going to be a lot of skins in AC7 to cater to them. It's pretty much guaranteed. You'll just have to put up with it.
Idol skins aren't that bad, anyway. It's fun making full squads of them.

I'll just have to headhunt the fuckers like I did in Infinity then.

What no

Fuck you.

Fuuuuck, the rest of this year is going to suck. Is there even anything else good coming out besides Super Mario Odyssey for Switch owners? RDR 2 will probably get delayed too.

They delay the game to be release on the scorpio, same time as ps4.

Please let it not be shit, at least.

>excluding 5
for what purpose?

Don't be an idiot, they are clearly taking extra time to make a Switch version. Scorpio will be a bigger flop than the PS4pro

Because the level design isn't as good as in 4/0/6. It relies way too much on scripted events. Way too many levels just feature tiny groups of enemies that only spawn once you kill the previous group, so there's no freedom. Also way too many levels where you just have to defend things, which leads to just flying in circles waiting for enemies to slowly respawn so you can kill them again.
Also the most annoying wingmen in the series, who never shut up. PJ was annoying too but at least the game had Pixy to point out how stupid he was being, and he gets killed at the end. Edge and Archer spend the whole game being insufferable and then just retire.

>tfw you now have literally 0 (zero) games to look forward to in 2017

Nah, some of the missions in 5 are god-tier, like Ghosts of Razgriz, Aces, 8492, White Bird pt1

AC4 has the worst missions in the series honestly, so many score missions where you had to fly across the map and back to take out a couple of stationary ground targets to "fill up" your score. It was boring and tedious. At least the most scripted missions in 5 were still fun.

AC4's score missions are better than AC5's defence missions. In AC4 you have a map of enemies and you go kill them until the time runs out. In AC5 you have a map with like 4 different respawning enemies and you kill them until the time runs out. Levels like Ancient Walls are fucking terrible. Sometimes it's even worse, like in First Flight where it's really easy to kill all the enemies and then have nothing left. You just have to fly in a circle for two minutes waiting for the next scripted event so you can actually do something again. Shit's absolutely awful.
The overall level design is just really bad. There are some good levels, but the ratio of good to bad is still awful. 4/0/6 don't have that problem, so 4/0/6 are better.

Also AC5 is the game that has Final Option, which is the worst level in any AC ever, so that's pretty bad too. Fuck Final Option. Fuck AC5 for having Final Option. Even the stupid Markov fight in the last level of Assault Horizon is more fun than Final Option.

>Even the stupid Markov fight in the last level of Assault Horizon is more fun than Final Option.

>>Go Dance with the Angels!

I will accept any delay if it means the final product is better.

fug

>Need to delay for True Vision to be reached
>Game comes out, vision is shit
>We didn't get to reach our true vision because of time constraints, but due to poor sales, we are dropping the IP forever.
You ready Sup Forums?

>switch version
I have my doubts the switch can run it. The trailer and screenshots look too good for me to even believe is running on the ps4.

This. 2017 is crowded as hell as it is so maybe they'll find a good release window for it there too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

looks like this twisted game needs to be reset

they realized the fake fantasy world was a stupid idea and they're going back to superior USA vs. everyone else

Oh really? Crowded? With what? I don't see shit user?

>2017 is crowded as hell

What?

Pshh Sup Forums hates all videogames

Not him, but it kinda is. Next month alone I see three games I'm going to inevitably get. (Dirt 4, Tekken 7,and Crash trilogy).

Yeah and after that then what? There's fuck all for the latter half of the year

Oh well, at least Tekken 7 coming out in a couple of weeks so it's all good for the time being.

>Dirt, Tekken and Crash

Not exactly huge games, the rest of the year doesn't have much planned yet

and then you get shot down because their autism has let them played for thousands of hours

Well, at least Namco isn't rushing it out half-baked.

Coupled with Nier Automata and Prey earlier this year, others that I'm interested in are:

>Hat in Time
>Black Mesa Xen (hopefully)
>Divinity Original Sin II
>RDR 2 (apparently)
>Middle-Earth

Overall might be the best year for this gen desu.

>tfw suicide postponed until 2018

thank you Project Aces

Fuck, 2017 was shaping up to be an incredible year in gaming.

The game should come out even better though.

That's fine, I've still got my PS3 and AC:6 FoL anyway. I still play it every now and then.

What?

WARNING AWACS DETECTING INCOMING BAIT, HEADING ON YOUR VECTOR EVADE EVADE.

I want them to take their time to polish up AC:7.

No, I mean
>AC6
>PS3

AC4 is shitty and has the worst mission design of the series. Both 5 and 0 are much better. People only suck 4's dick because of nostalgia.

>build a completely new engine and assets for AC7
>then release sequels in quick succession

that's fine, I want it to fulfill it's potential and not come up short!

>Ace Combat 8: Belkan War II

>That time the localization team was so fucking stupid they didn't realize that ACX took place in Latin America/Brazil, and just made the entire cast a bunch of rednecks since they were supposed to have "southern accents"

>gameplay demo at E3