Reminder that the Phantom Dust remaster comes out today for free on Xbone and Windows 10

Reminder that the Phantom Dust remaster comes out today for free on Xbone and Windows 10

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/Multiplayer-Starter-Pack/9NDM9VKPHLHP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not Steam don't care

There's a Windows 10?

Today? Ins't it coming tomorrow?

does anyone know what time it should be up at?

i keep checking for it

Windows 10?
Xbone?

Never heard of em

Reminder that 95% of the people on Sup Forums right now have never heard of this game.

Never got released here

Linux Mint and PS4/Wii U here. Literally means nothing to me.

The average modern Sup Forums poster is in the 15-17 age bracket, so it's not really all that surprising.

Why reply then, twat? You're post count didn't increase

>Phantom Dust

Was shit when it came out no matter how many more polys it got it will still be shit

>for free
wat?

>win 10

I don't willingly install spyware on my PC

>Xbone
Kek, they just dont want to give it eh?

>win10
lmao

Ok but this means no retail version then?

>Xbone and Windows 10

Fuck yeah, can't wait for this original Xbox game to be 20 gigs for no fucking reason.

>Linux
Your opinion maters even less.

>contains microtransactions

no thanks

I bet if this game was a Ps2 game being re released on Ps4 this topic would have 500 replies by now

>MUH PLAYSTAION BOOGIE MAN

Nah man. It was a shit game.

>boogie man

I used to love putting my own battle music into the game.

>mfw wrecking bots to Dragula when I was 15

Yeah it did. It was published by Majesco in the west.

Yeah, i'm waiting for it...

The whole concept of tcg with arena battles using tons of spells sounds really neat.

Show me your copy or at the very least your OG Xbox

Nintendildos and pretty much everyone that hates Microsoft latch on it at any given instance. It's like they're paid to agressively fight this company.

>not on steam

Why even bother? And while phantom dust was fun as shit, I want a sequel to phantom crash.

This.

>If it was on a good console more people would care about it
Can't agree more.

>PS2
>Good console
It was a shit console with good games.

So, when is this releasing today?

How long will it be free?

>Keeping stuff for over 10 years

I'm not a hoarder

>selling an un-emulateable console
idiot

Forever. Its an apology for cancelling the reboot.

Not quite out yet.

I kind of want to give it a go. I looked up some gameplay of the original and leaked remaster and it looks so fucking goofy, I love it.

I'd give it a try if it wasn't on Win 10.

80% of the posts wouldnt be attacking the game or platform it's on though llike here. Why is it so hard to talk about non Sony games on Sup Forums?

there's literally nothing wrong with windows 10

Baten Kaitos and Lost Kingdoms were 2 of my favourite 6th gen franchises.
Never got to try PD due to it not getting an EU release so i'm glad i'll finally get to try it.

Wish it was getting an 360 release, I ain't buying a fucking Xbone.

There is literally nothing good about it either.

Because pc has so many possibilities that in the end we just shitpost between us, even without console plebs.

you are retarded

is there online play very important question here

That remaster leaked footage that popped around had VS mode.

I can play all the Xbox Huge games I want already so it's a non-issue with me

has to be if there are microtransactions considering it's a dueling game

I've actually been pretty happy with the Xbox division lately. Todays 360 backwards compat sale has been pretty alright also. Replaying Bit Trip Runner atm while dling L4D

Yep

It is probably my second or third favorite game. The time I spent with bros as a kid duking it out on the highway listening to Fuel were some of the best vidya memories of my life

Even has crossplay Xbone-PC. I imagine that's why it's W10 only, other obvious reasons aside.

When is this supposed to release today?

Keep refreshing Windows 10 store page and still nothing. "Phantom Dust" doesn't exist

>For free

In one way, releasing Phantom fucking Dust for free is the coolest shit ever.

In another, it shows how they don't actually think of it as anything worth pursuing so this will be the last we see of it.

Still, I loved this fucking game as a brat. Shame the director isn't making anything else after Microsoft raped Crimson Dragon.

>Crimson Dragon.

That e3 presentation was so embarrassing. I felt really bad for him.

Won't be out until at least 12pm EST. Probably around 12-2pm my guess.

fug, i kinda really want it, lets say i have windows 7 what do i have to do to upgrade to windows 10 do i keep all my stuff or do i have to re install EVERYTHING

just tried to open my windows 10 store and it's frozen. gg

It just upgrades like a big service pack, no need to reinstall or back up. Not certain I got it when it was free.

The only reason this might be true is because people would have actually played it.

This game was an attempt to trick Japanese people into thinking Microsoft cared about them, if it was on the PlayStation, a game people bought for Japanese games, it probably actually would have done better.

Phantom Dust is one of my favorite games, I don't give a fuck about console war retardation, but you can't deny this.

>this instead of Panzer Dragoon or Jet Set Radio F

Goddammit Microsoft why. This is all I want in life.
Make the 360 retro useable on Winshit 10 too, and I would gladly install it.

>Jet Set Radio F
This is 100% coming in the foreseeable future and you know it. Only a matter of time.

Those two are Sega's bizniz, Microsoft didn't publish them.

I can't be entirely positive, but I remember being hyped about this game before it came stateside. Ever since I saw the preview in Game Informer that showed Edgar wearing his space helmet and describing the gameplay type, I was stoked as fuck. When I went to the store to buy it the day of, I SWEAR it was $20. I could be wrong, and it could have been more, but I am positive that it was released at a lower price point. And it still bombed.

Such a fucking shame, it's a terrific game that deserved an entire series but never got the love and attention it deserves. And then Microsoft had to do me dirty by pretending they were making a sequel and then axing it.

Should have stuck with the P and D naming convention.

Maybe they will do the whole "gauging interest" with the remaster? Maybe there is hope for a sequel?

Someone spoil the plot twist of this game please

>I can't be entirely positive, but I remember being hyped about this game before it came stateside.
There are always exceptions, I'm sure there are more like you, and I believe you. I wish I had known about it, Otogi, JSRF, etc. when the Xbox was still relevant. But I didn't.

>Such a fucking shame
That it it is. At least we got this at all though, and hopefully more people will check it out. I actually don't have an Xbox One or Windows 10, but my wife has a laptop with 10, so hopefully that can run it. At the very least I'll add 1 to people who bothered to grab it, and I've been shilling the game hard to anyone I know with 10, especially now it's free.

Is it fun?

Some site I've never heard of tweeted that it's now out a couple minutes ago.

Yes.

It's pretty bomb. It works sort of like a card game. You build an "arsenal" of skills which are put into different "schools." Each school has different ways of attacking and defending, and there's a huge interplay in choosing which ones you use to attack/defend against which skills. You might have a shield that's super fast at coming up but breaks really easily, or a really cool one that can redirect any projectiles but costs a lot of energy to perform.

It's a great game, give it a shot man.

lets say my copy of win 7 isnt exactly genuine, would that hurt a free upgrade

The Edgar you've been chasing, the Edgar who has a breakdown when he realizes everyone is an illusion and he is the last human alive, the Edgar who decides to erase everything because it's sick was also an illusion; He promptly loses the will to exist upon hearing the last recording of Edgar Prime stating his terminal conditionProtagonist decides to let his bro sleep and launches Edgar Prime's remains into space, away from the dust so it can all end

>Some site I've never heard of tweeted that it's now out a couple minutes ago.
I don't see it on my store. Could be doing something wrong because I have never opened this infernal thing before but it doesn't show up in the search bar.

It's for free? Is it only free for a limited time?

it wasnt shit though

fucking contrarian

free free

I am BEYOND hype for this.

To this day, PD's story remains my all time favorite with its mindfuckery.

Yeah, I just checked too, got nothing.

In your opinion it wasn't shit. In mine it was wank

Some nothing accounts on twitter are saying it's coming out at 10pst, but take it with salt

microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/Multiplayer-Starter-Pack/9NDM9VKPHLHP

free

>It's still not up

Come on Microsoft, I want to get the fucking game, let me do it before I have to leave to College

Reminder that M$ killed the proper sequel and Scalebound for no good reason.

it only came out in the US

They killed Scalebound because it was going to be shit

starter pack. oh boy...

>proper sequel
>that godawful fucking art style
>JRPG turn based battles
go chug some bleach

they have the multiplayer starter pack up but that is it rn... they should post the real game soon

This.
It looked pretty damn mediocre.

Sometimes you have to put your foot down if there isn't any progress

Nah, it was going to put Nier:Automata to shame. Sony ponys are the worst.

>the proper sequel

They hired a dev team that are only good at DLC's with AAA budget

You can see the train wreck from a mile away

>Scalebound

As hyped as I was for it, the E3 footage we got after all that waiting absolutely trash
I don't know what happened with Kamiya's team but something wasn't right and Microsoft had to take action

>hi guiz, console warrior here, please remember that im a cul gui but tis teh others who are the bad
Fuck off, retard.

Such damage control, you need to stay at NeoGAF, lass. This thread is not for you.

It's up

>hurr durr im retard
Again, fuck off retard.

>This thread is not for you
The thread about one of my favorite games being updated and put on modern systems isn't for me? Fuck off, retard.

no it isnt