FINAL FANTASY XIV STORMBLOOD

Stormblood, the greatest MMO expansion ever, on the best ever Final Fantasy game, is going to be releasing in only a month. Why haven't you started your XIV story so you'll be ready to enjoy Stormblood on day one? You still have time to journey through A Realm Reborn and Heavensward.

Her story is waiting for you, user.

>tfw tempted to resub for some catgirl erp
help

we get gosetsu though
and thancred probably wont be boring

who wore it better?

>SB will feature a bunch of cute lizards
Can't wait desu

Yugiri is gonna die, isn't she?

tataru hopefully

Yotsuyu will take her place at the last moment, don't worry about it :^)

Good riddance.

I will riot if Yugiri or Fordola dies.

They can off Y'shtola though. She's old and busted now

>You still have time to journey through A Realm Reborn and Heavensward.

Yeah I tried but its painfully bad.

>200+ MSQs

i pray for the newcomers

I'm betting on Thancred.
Not that I particularly dislike the guy, though some user on here certainly disagrees, but the dude's been on a downhill spiral since he came back.

Y'shtola being runner up. Because really what else does she contribute besides running in and bubbling once per storyline?

It'd be pure stupid to kill off the only Raen people are going to care about.

Kon'nichiwa anikis, who is ready to join me in liberating Doma?!

Is that the nin quest giver at 4:16?

She's already dead.

I wonder where 1.0 would have gone with expansions.

Heavensward was always planned but Shillblood wasn't.

she sittin on gosetsus big ol tree trunk dick

ugh...so much sand in this expansion...i want my dragons and castles back...

story wise, everything up to 3.3 was planned since 2010

>Yotsuyu is probably going to be the 4.0 final boss
Feels bad, man.

>1.0 is 7 years old

I'd say Ishgard and Ala Mhigo were a given, since they were there in 1.0 too.
Not sure if Othard was ever mentioned, but I'm sure they had some sort of 'across the sea' expansion planned at some point.

i think she'll end up going against the garleans at some point in the story

thank God if she does. Bitch is a fucking uggo

>white mage
That isn't 1.0. more like 1.13

Why he doesnt have his own trial? instead we get a literally who knight with HW design

>tfw ended up skipping nearly all of it

I tried watching everything at first, but after coming to the realization I was going to be spending like 80 hours watching cutscenes, I gave up.

Don't be a fucking autist.

When people say 1.0 they're referring to 1.0-1.23

>Knights of the Round
>Literally Who

I hope she doesn't end up getting killed. She's pretty interesting and I want her to step on me

Unless it's talking about how universally shit 1.0 once. They then definitely mean 1.0.

Unless they hated 1.23 as well. In which case it gets confusing again.

Kinda of crazy.

I'm just saying that at it's inception, the game had barely any content, and artificial barriers to extend what little content it did have up until its first patches.

>queue for Yojimbo
>give him all your money
>he one shots your tank

Fucking jews

I hope not-Yda still is as fun as before. She was the only main scion that I actually liked.

Probably not. She isn't the expansion's main character but I'm sure her roe friend will die on some honorable sacrifice against garleans.
Yugiri, on other hand, will spend the rest of her days as not-Mitsurugi's bodyguard and love interest, permanently removing her from future story events.

When will SE realize that new players aren't going to want to be gated out of new and exciting content by 40 hours of ancient MSQ that is hardly relevant to new content?

What a huge mistake. FFXI did this infinitely better.

ARR story is trash anyway

Would you let her step on you

Yes, and other stuff too

Tataru has maximum plot armor. There's simply no fucking way in fuck she will ever die.

I want to help her put the rebellious and ungrateful Domans in their place.

No, I'm not a pussy whipped masochist
What the fuck is up with that fetish even

Fuck i remember this interview...

Of course.

Jump potions, baby!

She seems to spend a lot of the trailer being grrr angry or looking determined. She'll probably keep elements of 'Yda', but given the new outfit, showing her face and how serious it seems her story will be, it's basically a completely new character.

Fuck no, I'm not a degenerate.

*blocks your path*

Bahamut was in the moon since the beginning

I skipped most of HW too, but I got the sense that it was basically Alphinaud_Does_Literally_Everything_Wrong_2:_Dragonboogaloo.mp4

i remember buying XIV thinking it would be similar to ultima online based on all the systems they described and your characters physical attributes not being linked to class experience, very odd how things ended up

>white griffin head with fusilier chest
What a silly combination

She's just permanently scarred and slightly depressed like everyone else in the story by this point.

XI had its own set of problems related to this. By isolating the character leveling from the story quest, it effectively made the story quests "side content." The majority of the player base spent all of their time leveling jobs then hunting NMs, and the only reason why they'd bother to go through the story arcs was to get to the zones that the NMs were in.

Everything in cinematics, nothing in game play like usual.

Aren't they going to cost actual money? That's not a solution, that's a shitty patch up job to terrible design.

Hope so
All nu companions except fuckboy look like shit, and expack theme about good rebels against evil empire doesn't help at all
I would prefer to travel with Nero, shame yugiri will kill him at the start of expack

Stormblood early access release battle plan:
>No sleep rush through story with MNK.
>Unlock everything
>2h sleep
>Farm new tomestone currency till fully geared
>Clear the 2 EX Primals
>Hunts for tomestone gear upgrade item
>Farm the 2nd Primal for weapon
>Level up gatherers and then crafters
>Queue for leveling other classes while doing the above.
>Run out of content in a week then complain about it on the forums.

I can see them giving out a free one most MMOs do these days.

>shitty
Say that to Yoshi's promotion after jump potions makes a huge amount of cash

Wish they had stuck to the original 1.0 lore that Miqo'te were female only cocksluts

>log in
>nobody else online
>log out
dead game, unsubbed

Cue /vg/ going "I can't decide which boosted job is the c-c-c-c-cutest on my waifu!!!!" and spending thousands of dollars a day on Jump Potions.

The broad strokes would likely be the same up to now.

The order of events and certain characters would be different, what with the time jump. We probably also wouldn't have fought Ultima Weapon as the main scenario endboss.

>the highlander woman is on the garlean side
Only the mhiggers that lived in thanalan want to opposite the empire.

Every time I want to play I remember its an paid mmo with gear treadmills, currency caps and wait timers and that's before I take the community into consideration

>she gets the "Thancred 2.0" treatment
Nothing is sacred, just drop another fucking moon on Eorzea and show a trailer of "FFXVI Online" at the end of it.

I played the free trial, it's shit.

Go back to work Yoshi.

>55k hp as dps while wearing lvl 1 gear

Who is ready for 80k hp tanks?

It clearly says WAR there

probably just (badly) glamoured gear

more importantly it's 55.6k health in dps stance

with tier 1 stormblood gear

>FFXVI Online
I'd be ok with it as long as they remove YoshiP

>defiance
>dps

really rackin my thinky binky

>waaaah i have to play the game

Yoshi is the only decent game designer on the mmo market

Why is that an issue though? XI was a living community. The expansions complemented the world, not like XIV where the expansions/MSQ IS the world.

dps stance*
sorry

>100k HP tanks at launch
>still no option to show numbers as %
Those numbers don't mean anything anymore. Just remove them.

This. FFXIV would have been godlike by now if they got rid of Yoshida right after 2.1.

Garlean side also bothered to give them purpose and training. Lyse ain't hitting anything but air.

Of course they are going to cost money, that's the point of them doing this.

>Yotsuyu final fight
>She has a move where she pulls a target in towards her and then stuns them by stepping on them
>She then calls the player she grabbed scum

FFXI was poorly made ripoff of eq, without any fun of original
Yoshi at least knew how to steal ideas from others games properly

>remove YoshiP
SE will now employ YoshiP, Tabata and Motomu Toriyama to co-develop and write FFXVI.

It will achieve what XIII, XIV 1.0 and XV failed to do and completely sink the series into an irrecoverable spiral of misery which ultimately ends with Square Enix financially imploding on itself and the ruination of Japanese Gaming.

Later, FFXVII is released.

Yes please.

>Yoshi "I lift everything from the Dragon Quest MMO and apply it in future patches" P

rip models with a gajillion polygons

so at what point tommorrow will the game be ready to play

Who cares because its going to be a copy of another game anyway

The shills are strong today