Why is it taking so long?

Why is it taking so long?

Gotta cater to the SJWs

I imagine they didn't bank on Trump winning.

I'm guessing a lot of the script has to be rewritten.

They are throwing in as much Drumpf content as possible

Hopefully some ME:A jokes

Because 2 dudes have to voice 90% of the characters, Trey and Matt must live in the sound booth.

Knowing Matt and Trey, they can't stop writing and don't know what to cut.

I was surprised at how good the stick of truth was, but after the last season maybe Matt and Trey don't have it anymore.

because the whole game was done with Hillary winning

so now they have to remake and rewrite the whole game again

Nah, they still got it, they just shouldn't have relied on something so recent and unpredictable.

What are games with a similar battle system to this that I can play while waiting?

Stick of Truth was basically just Paper Mario but this looks like nothing I've personally played beforehand. Want some experience.

Looks like Radiant Historia.

>all these meme answers
I'm betting its timing, they're waiting for holiday release

>Ubisoft
>Being competent
Making a sequel without Obsidian was a terrible idea

cancelled

Because it's gonna be shit.
>Ubisoft
>no more Obsidion

thanks, any others?

>Obsidian
>being competent
Stick of Truth was a fucking imbalanced mess of a game only held up by the writing.

This

It depresses me that this is probably true. They're normally pretty good at keeping their fingers to the pulse of society, but god damn did they get things absolutely wrong this past year. The worst part is they'll probably just keep getting things wrong now.

Oh, you know them? Are they your buddies, or did you just go to the same school?

Because they fucked up the last season. Probably had to re write mr garrison into a different role

Quick post your favorite South Park episode

>they're allowed to make fun of anything but Trump
You queers.

I think he was referring to them not anticipating trump winning. to be fair, nobody really did

Costume Quest has a very similar combat system. Now that I think about it Costume Quest is very similar in other ways as well.

>south park
>catering to sjws
okay you can be an edgy contrarian faggot, but this is just plain retardation

>to be fair, nobody really did
Sup Forums did.
KEK told us trump will win.

why would you doubt kek and my 7

It's not about making fun of Trump. It's that they were so confidant that they knew how everything was going to go that they didn't even imagine Hillary could lose and build an entire season around Hillary winning.

Think of it like a horse race, when the elderly mare broke her leg and couldn't get around the track...everyone already knew.

she did everything she could to avoid the glue factory. You believed that horse.

>to be fair, nobody really did

Only because you were paying attention to the people who were completely clueless. People saw this coming for a long time in advance, including Bill fucking Clinton.

>depending on a normal person that knows nothing about politics for accurate information
>depending on paid mouthpieces
>depending on Sup Forums for anything unrelated to videogames

this is why you're wrong.

Even Obsidian would have finished it already.

To be fair, they made one of their more recognizable characters into Trump, and they probably had regular Garrison on the line, but for the sake of their hardened continuity they have to make him into the president from now on.

Strict continuity and multi-season arcs were a mistake.

What what whaaat? They made fun of DADDY?! They cannot do that, those meanies. That's illegal!!! They CANNOT make fun of DADDY!!
I'm calling the cops, this will not be allowed to continue.

>The fractured butt hole
ehehehehehe

What are you even talking about? Where did I say anything about not wanting them to make fun of Trump? Are you guys really that sensitive?

>It's not about making fun of Trump.
It's exactly about that, you sycophant. Grow a thicker skin.

no the mistake was betting on either horse with no plan B in the works. They arrogantly thought she win and just went with it only to discover that, no Trump won, and they had no where to go. If they played it smart and planned for either out come 100% this wouldn't be happening.

You're not mentioning anything specific, but it's very obvious that's what triggered the princess. Every time someone makes fun of daddy, you implode and pretend you always hated that person.

You used the wrong word. You meant "retarded". Then the reason correct.

I didn't vote for Trump, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you okay? You seem to be tilting at windmills pretty hard here.

Why were so many blind to this? You had people fucking cheering him at debates. You are not suppose to do that shit there and yet he had such a passionate following. I'm not saying his victory was in the bag but all the retards that thought it was a 90% landslide had their heads so far in the ground they could visit china.

>not realizing it's a jewbisoft game

Why you gotta be such an asshole man?

I have a feeling, like most of the media, it was spite, it was almost like "if we shame people hard enough they will just give up" when I think all it did was make them all the fool Nov. 8th.

planning for another outcome is just more work, especially when it'll just get wasted, like endings where your actions actually mean something
I'm not american so I won't know that much but wasn't there a site that got shat on for only giving hilary 70% chance?
I mean, they STILL gave her like 70%
if they want to go that way it's probably too late now
I still remember people being triggered at the last E3

Well, so much for standing for your beliefs, you're so obsessed with winning the argument you're already denying your daddy. He won't give you cummies that way, princess.

you expect cucks to be rational on here? lol

So? Its a D&D parody, and D&D has always been imbalanced

>planning for another outcome is just more work, especially when it'll just get wasted, like endings where your actions actually mean something
then they should bet on neither and just make a series that is detach enough from reality, where even irl events only eat an episode then it's back to formula or what most call seasons 1-15

I'm glad if they are actually rewriting it because they missed the mark. We get a funnier game that way.

Do you have an infantilism fetish user? This is getting pretty weird. You might want to go to /d/ for that sort of thing.

No, the humor is fine, but the serialization anchored too much of the humor by forcing it to adhere to a story line and everything just ends up really half-assed and undersold because they have to dedicate time to the plot as well.

I'm glad they're abandoning it.

Wait this still isn't out?

I haven't watched South Park since around the time of that WoW episode. Have I really missed anything?

Honestly, trumpgarrison was one of the few consistently funny things in the season. The only problem is the character was already done last season. Canadian trump got fucked to death, Canadians went back to Canada, Trumpgarrison ended up being one of the goodguys in the final espisode, done. There's no actual justification for his character still existing in the current season by their own plotlines. They never expected Trump to even make it to being the nominee, so they wrapped him up early only to have that bite them in the ass. Then they made the exact same mistake AGAIN when he actually won. But still, it was passable because Garrison being an asshole will always be funny.

The real problems were that trolltracker was hot garbage, Hillary was as boring as she is in real life, half the plot threads were dropped even unrelated to the election, etc. Season was a mess. Basically 3 episodes of actual content spread across 10.

>but wasn't there a site that got shat on for only giving hilary 70% chance?
yes, a lot of media (CNN for the most part) was actively trying to say any media that was showing Trump with a chance of inning was basically fake news and some super right group funded scheme.
The irony of it all when the results were in. CNN's ratings took a hard hit and they are back to their lowest numbers yet. They won't ever be gone from TV because they are funded by ACS, and Adaction but they are going back to dust bunny ratings after that stupid pull of preaching for months that Hilary was a blowout.

9 months overdue at this point.

they must have really, really fucked it up the first round.

i'm sure it reminded people of the old southpark games in quality.

member them using a plotline the entire season and then having to throw it away with absolutely no punchline? I member.

Not really. South Park has turned into Matt and Trey's social commentary on whatever's hot that week. You really aren't missing anything.

Fuck I wish the show would go back to the early seasons when the characters were actual characters instead of political mouthpieces.

don't forget muh russian hackers.
aka social media in general.

I thought the writers from South Park had full control over the story for the game.

Not really. Season 18 things were getting bad, a more more series episodic formula was introduced that made jokes get dragged out in a bad way, pewdiepie guest star in the last 3 episodes of that season and season 19 and 20 was basically the "election coverage: South Park commentary" with some unresolved plot hooks because it required Hilary winning for them to go anywhere.
Really the last 3 seasons of South Park have been what a Family guy movie would be like.

>but the serialization anchored too much of the humor by forcing it to adhere to a story line and everything just ends up really half-assed and undersold because they have to dedicate time to the plot as well.

Yeah, that's pretty much my feeling as well. They're much better at reacting to things that have already happened than trying to write around the future.

>turned into social commentary of the week.
Dude, it's been like that since season 2, at least.

The difference now is that if the news on tv is wrong, and that's the only place they get information to write these stories, then of course they aren't going to be connected to reality.

Also they are multimillionaires and haven't connected with the average viewer in 15 years.

Tweek x Craig

Gotta make sure there is enough busywork to make you feel okay about spending 60-80 bucks towards ubisoft which they will funnel into some new diversity project

The only thing decent in recent time is the Brack Friday Bunduru trilogy.

they do, but all they can do is tell jewbi what to do and have playtesters/play through it. There must be way too much wrong for them to give it a green light for release.

you didn't have to take off your trip, Boco, you little bitch.

AGAIN????

Wasn't like supposed to continue the plot points from season 19?

It's not wealth that's doing that. It's age, women and kids. That shit changes you in a bad way.
Look at Chris Metzen. When he was young and single he created Warcraft 1 and 2, Starcraft and Broodwars, Diablo 1 and 2. Then he got married, had a kid and shit like Starcraft 2 and Daiblo 3 happen. Nevermind the weird ass landscape of WoW during the transition of single guy using art to vent his world views to loving husband and father that just wanted to make happy endings in all his games.

You're right, it's probably his wifes son.

Watching them squirm is hilarious, that's what you get for picking a side.

Im sad that you wrote this much only to be so fucking wrong that it makes me sad people like you exist.
Garrison is the single worst character in the whole show, has never had a good plotline, and is most of the reason the show is fucking shit now.
Matt and trey are pissed off that americans were so retarded and actually voted in trump, that they are lashing out at their fans by making shitty, mr garrison heavy episodes about gay social issues.
It's backfiring though, because people are indeed as retarded as they think and taking it non-ironically thinking it is top tier meme comedy

I ain't Boco asshole, I asked you a question