Nintendo loses another exclusive

>Natsume announced today Harvest Moon: Light of Hope is in development for PC, PlayStation 4 and Switch.

>vg247.com/2017/05/16/harvest-moon-light-of-hope-coming-to-switch-will-be-first-in-series-released-on-steam/

There's less reason to own a Switch now. PS4 and PC will get the superior version.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/413150
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Harvest Moon hasn't been a nintendo exclusive series since the SNES you retard.

>buying harvest moon in 2017
??

keep crying nigga, your switch is literally useless now

Calling it Harvest Moon is just a technicality, it's not actually Harvest Moon. The actual Harvest Moon is Story of Seasons which in Japan is called Harvest Moon. But whatever you say fag.

Harvest moon was never an Nintendo exclusive.

>30 years of video games nips finally realize there's money to be made on PC
About time you stubborn assholes.

>Harvestmoon
>Nips
user...

>PS4 getting harvest moon
>Switch getting story of seasons
sounds fair.

>exclusive

The best one was on PS1 you retard. Quit talking about shit you obviously know nothing about.

I know about the story of seasons/harvest moon

But how are the western Harvest Moons? They actually good?

>But how are the western Harvest Moons?

Both are Japanese

In-house Natsume dev (Japanese) -> Natsume publisher
Marvelous Interactive (Japanese) -> XSEED (American)

Thats why its so confusing to talk about it

I was asking how is the other series that isn't story of seasons

It also hasn't been good since like the GBA days. No loss whatsoever

FOMT was a shit port of BTN, so you don't even need to say GBA. "Since the PS1 days" is enough.

>Keep crying

Did you really not know how many times the series has been on PlayStation?

>tfw playing Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley on my portable switch
I can't wait

I know this is a troll thread, but what the fuck is the point of buying a Switch?
Even the Nintendo games look boring and most of the good ones aren't even exclusive.

Will E3 at least have SOME third party stuff?

>nu-Harvest Moon
Call me when a Story of Seasons game makes it.

>ARMS
>Mario Odyssey
>Splatoon 2
>Xenoblade 2
>Travis Touchdown game
>SMT 5
>Inevitable pokemon and Monster Hunter

None of those are third party exclusives.
Xenoblade is the only interesting thing on the list, and Xenoblade X was fucking terrible.

It tries to be minecraft, and they are just 5/10 okay.

Well you have shit taste, but that's okay
>Atlus, Suda51, and Capcom aren't third party

Holy shit dat desperation

What butthurt

Rune Factory is were its at anyhow
also it was technically never an exclusive. Is this "Harvest Moon" or "Story of Seasons" because this is a big difference since Harvest Moon can no longer go by its name

>harvest moon
>exclusive

Also Harvest Moon changed its name to Story of Seasons, what its now Harvest Moon is just cheap shovelware made by the company that retained the rights to the Harvest Moon name.

This is the natsume series. PS4 and PC users get to play their bootleg HM.

The rebranded actual series is still a Switch exclusive. Considering that the last game was fantastic Switch owners come out on top.

Not exclusive

>implying the series hasnt peaked with FOMT

Proof?
Not rumors, proof.

Not him, but proof of what? That Capcom and Atlus arent nintendo exclusive devs?

Proof that they are exclusive?
No more heroes was on the PS3. Monster Hunter was on Playstation consoles for a long while, and they said they want to bring it back. There are more SMT games on Sony consoles than not.

Why would any of those be exclusive?

It's not even a true Harvest Moon game, because Natsume only owns the right to the name now. XSEED owns the rights to publish the real HM series under the name Story of Seasons name.

That's why we got a HM game a few years back that looked like a minecraft clone. It's cheapo western developed shit that is trying to sell games based on brand recognition.

Since when was Harvest Moon a Nintendo exclusive?

>name Story of Seasons name
Oops

Also BtN is my favorite HM and it's the only reason I still own my PSone. I hope Switch gets a Story of Seasons game.

>Rune Factory is were its at anyhow

oh boy I sure love my half-assed farming game with my half-assed combat

Harvest Moon is shit now and isn't even the real series.

It's confirmed that there will be a SoS game on the switch. Confirmed on the day of the console reveal.

It's also exclusive at the moment.

You hear that? It's the waves of salt which you ride. Enjoy never having those games in those platforms ever again while I play them on Switch

>One Nocturne vs SJ, IV and IVA
Hmmm...

This is one of the games I never bother to buy for 3DS, I'm glad I'll be able to pirate it on PC since I haven't tried one since a couple of gens.

>Considering that the last game was fantastic

that's a stretch

speaking as someone who actually played it, it's still quite mediocre compared to older HMs (like 64 and BTN).

you spend all game grinding bars for the 3 towns, by shipping to them (which is fine) and resolving part-time jobs for them (utter shit, trivial and boring). grindy crop rating is back, extremely annoying maker/building material requirements are back from the shit Harvest Moons like ANB (who the fuck needs coconuts for a wine maker or thyme for a jam maker?).

the last part is the most egregious because you spend unnecessary hours playing through seasons just to get to the material you need, since so many of them are seasonal. I spent 3 seasons waiting for chili to grow for one town rank quest, 2 for coconuts to grow, and I gave up before I ever got enough thyme because it's not only seasonal but RNG foraged. fuck that shit, that's worse than Tree of Tranquility with its endless waiting for seasonal red-colored items or seasonal blue-colored items.

Story of Seasons is better than Natsume's HM but it's still shit.

Holy fucking shit can any of you not start a thread without console warring bullshit right off the bat?

There's obviously no point in buying one right now since it's only 2 months old and it has 2 big games that are already on the Wii U. The big stuff is coming later, I would try again in March of 2018 to see if it's worth it.

It works both ways. There will be lesser and lesser third party exclusives going forward and both sides, except for the graphics demanding ones that technically cannot be on Switch like CoD and GTA.

Not even the real series.
Trio of Towns was great and one of the best HM games.

You guys can have the Chinese knockoff series.

>and Xenoblade X was fucking terrible

Nice opinion you got there, and even then if you think that's the only interesting thing on the Switch while ignorint Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and SMT 5, why the fuck are you interested in the Switch in the first place?

My favourite Harvest Moon is Grand Bazaar on the DS. Can't wait to play a new one on the switch

switchfags on suicide watch, how will they recover lmao

idort here, Why anyone want this Natsume BS. I'm pretty sure the Steam version is gonna get review bombed

>That are already on Wii U

That's irrelevant,Nobody bought Wii U's.
The fact that both Zelda and Mario Kart had the highest sales of any in their series proves this fact

Only Sonybros would make posts about a game not to actually talk about the game

Talk about Harvest moon you fucks

>Natsume announced today Harvest Moon: Light of Hope is in development for PC

Aw yes.

>money to be made
>won't break 5k sales

Yeah well I'm talking as a Nintendo fan who bought a Wii U because it had like 10 games I wanted to play on it. I don't feel like making the Switch yet.

I actually still got games to play on my Wii U, when times come I'll probably sell it and get a Switch.

Who else is waiting on Trio of Towns dlc?

Actually this, all they do is post console war bullshit and exclusivity rumours.

Even metacritic threads are better than this.

who the everdicking fuck actually cares about nu-harvest moon?

>superior version

You realize the Switch Version will be superior because the demographic for this game LOVES portability?

Just think about it. Harvest Moon is only a few steps above stuff like Farmville or Hayday. People will take it out whenever they have time and water their crops or some other stuff.

steamspy.com/app/413150

Not that this game is gonna be as good as SDV.

>DLC
I'd rather kill myself.

Finally a harvest moon thread
And it's about console wars.

ITT: Sonybros pulling a muscle with a stretch to be the winner again.

>tries to go back to its SNES roots
I would love a game that had meaningful after marriage content. I want to see my kid grow up and help me on the farm. I want to die of old age and have the kid take over. I really want rivals back, too, but I don't think that will ever happen again

>original team that does Harvest Moon moved on to Story of Seasons
>last HM game was that fucking terrible Minecraft clone

I wouldn't play this even if someone one paid me.

Harvest Moon hasn't been Nintendo exclusive for decades dumdum

You're a retard.

>loli thread get deleted
>this obvious console war thread does not
Really makes you think.

Not much to talk about. If it's like any of the last few Natsume games, it won't be anything to write home about, regardless of what platform it's on. I'll just hold out for the next Story of Seasons and let the babies fight their console wars.

Pretty sure one HM on the Game Cube, or the Wii, I don't remember, went through a whole life cycle, post-game you even played as your son who took over from where you left.

it's harvest moon in name only, talk about being desperate

This

there hasn't been a good Harvest Moon since GBA

>comic sans on box art

PS1, FOMT is a shit port of BTN.

what about the DS port

The PSP game is quite good.

>Losing shovelware pretending it's the same as a classic franchise
NINTENDO IS DOOMED