Are you funding the MMO that will change the industry?

Are you funding the MMO that will change the industry?

>funding things that will make other people money

For what purpose?

>crowdfunding

Not a chance.

user please no.

>crowdfunding
>flashmobs
>kony2012
>dubstep
>obama

Oh look its all the terrible things from 4 years ago, back to haunt us

>MMO
>good

I'll stick to milsim

So do all these people give a huge amount of money or does one rich person?

>Lots of people give all their money to one rich person who never produces anything
ftfy

5 years ago

HOOKERBOTS.

>3/4 million to make a mmo
They're going to run out and release a buggy unfinished pile of shit

It's generally accepted that the producer dumps a lot of their own money in there, to make it seem as if there's a large initial interest.

when does it come out?

I'll admit I don't know shit about mmo's but two million seems a little low?

>goal of 750000

Jesus thats not nearly enough money to develop a quality mmo

Even 2 mil isnt

Because
>open world
>high fantasy
Is not what you want to hear for a game that's supposed to "change the face of the genre" since it is the same as every other MMO.
And no factions sounds gay.

Also those graphics are too ugly.
Just my reasons, don't h8

instant vaporware

>overambitious kickstarter
not even once

you are not wrong

>Played some boring genre as a kid but since you had all the time and only a game you liked it
>Try to play new ones in the same genre and all seem bad
>"It's not that I was a child it's because they don't do it good anymore"
>Give money to a kickstarter that promises everything
>Play it for an hour at launch since it's boring and the genre was dead for a reason

I'm not against kickstarter, there were a lot of great games that came out of it, but all of them new to do small games without any pretension besides doing a cool game

>You can do anything
>Fighting, crafting, building, etc.
>The economy revolves around what you and your clan do
The people who create this game don't realize that many people don't give a shit about menial works like crafting unless YOU CAN MAKE REAL MONEY with that.

Star Citizen will change the industry when it gets fully released in a few months

In what way?

it will be the first AAAA game
just go watch their videos in yt and you will be amazed on how much stuff they put in it

>In a few months
Not really. They are going to release only a single player campaign of the game.
What a scam.

It's crowdfunded, it won't ever come out.

Ok so saying "it will be the first AAAA game" is functionally not different at all than saying it will "change the industry."
You know what else people said would change the industry? Segways.
give me detailed reasons why this game will change the way games are made and consumed, or fuck off

I'm still sad that Everquest got cancelled. I think it had a lot of potential.

I think it looks like shit.

If you are talking about Next, the landgrant system guaranteed it a quick death before it was even out.

>MMO kickstarter

nigga what you doing

>giving money to kickstarted MMOs

Please kill yourselves. MMO players are the absolute worst retards who play games. This piece of fucking shit still hasn't released and it's been over 4 years. Enjoy waiting 7-10 years for a mediocre pile of shit to release.

>incoming wow clone

Ashes of Creation is another scam, another piece of shit MMORPG that doesn't know what the proper fundemantel core of an MMORPG should be. It will fail, like all the other MMORPGs.

There is only one MMORPG that can save the genre and that is Camelot Unchained, because it has the fundamental core design right and innovates to improve the genre and gameplay.

It will be A-WE-SOME guys! Just kickstart it!

Lolno. Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria are both claiming to change the face of the MMO genre. I'll wait for a good finished product like a sane man.

>Kikestarter
>MMO
>Subscription based

Yeah, i'm not. Someone list all the highly funded Kikestarter games that ended up being complete shit.

>highly funded
Mighty No. 9.
And that's it for finished games.

>MMO
>750k stretch goal

is this a joke?

Never did i say that they needed to be finished.

From the look of it, the game is done for 15-25% and they ran out of money.
They KS was there for them to survive until release.

Then Chronicles of Elyria, Star Citizen get added to the list.

Why would want to play an mmo that isnt sub based? Itd just be full of russian shitters shitting everything up.
The sub requirement is the most important part.

>one 2mil kickstarter fails to make a good sidecroller
>another promises to make an MMO and remake the genre for the same amount

Something doesn't add up

>You have to keep paying for your right to loot treadmill
You are cancer.

I'd like to agree, but it simply isn't the case. WoW was swarmed with gold sellers and botters right from the start, the chinese would suicide groups of characters to make out words on the ground outside the most populated trade zones, not to mention local / trade chat spam and the occasional whisper.

Nothing says KS is their only funding method.

If its so little then why even take the money.

Generate hype and interest.

Nothing says otherwise either

To ensure more funding from investors maybe.
and its free marketing

More like generate mistrust and add yourself to a list of failures.
The only successful things to come of kickstarter were the games that could stick to their small scope.

This website is 18+

Yes. Usually, if a project has potential, KS will market the product for them (partly, anyway) to ensure people will pour more money into it.

yeah i'm sure that game with a budget of 2 millions will turn out to be amazing and not another kickstarter soup of broken dreams and promises

I can afford to pay for a good mmos sub and it blocking poor communists such as yourself from playing just makes everything so much better.

Never help a kickstart.

If your cynical asses need a list of successful KS campaign then here it is:
>Shovel knight
>Faster than light
>Risk of Rain
>Hyper light drifter
>Exploding Kitten
>That Dark Souls board game
Granted for these, they have finished more than half of the games before kickstarting. However, they are still successful.

>a list of successful KS campaign

There have been a LOT more successful campaigns than that.

I think what you mean to say is
>a list of KS campaigns that resulted in a good product
which is entirely subjective, isn't it? For example, I think FTL is incredibly boring.

Well, FTL is still very successful on Steam.
My point is that not every project on KS is meant to be a scam as many people in this thread stated.
If you want to fund a project, see how much of a game has been done.

>Ashes of ____
Is this the new "___: Origins" or whatever? I swear it sounds so fucking generic. "Ashes of Creation" sounds like something spat out by a vidya name generator.

It implies "things were better in the past".

Ah yeah, makes sense that a lot of things with that name would be made now. That's a good explanation.

>no loli race
No thank you.

This game is the mmo equivalent of no mans sky

there is simply no way it can deliver on what it is promising, and the head is a former con artist

>It implies "things were better in the past".

Really?
Odd, not what comes to my mind, ashes implying whatever we are talking about has been burnt to the ground, as such it doesn't really make me think "it'll be like the X was in the past".

>FTL is still very successful on Steam

Most of the games you listed are successful, financially speaking. But when people assert that crowdfunding rarely results in a quality product, you can't simply name a bunch of projects that delivered and say "Well these exist and sold well, so therefore they must be good."

What about a Runescape inspired MMO?
I'd sell your soul for that.

You seen the video?
They already have a professional game studio.

Odds are this Kickstarter is just to get the word out and they're getting the majority of the funding from another source.

>which is entirely subjective, isn't it
Not really.
I think the line between subjective and objective can be crossed in a good bit of cases in regards to kikestarter.

>Not really

Come on now. There is no way you can tell me that I am objectively in/correct when I say that FTL is boring garbage. Tons of people enjoy that game.

Not everything is star citizen. Most things, just not everything.

>this MMO will totally get it right guys

Albion is like a mix of RuneScape and eve

To be Jewed

>kickstarter
hell no

You should also add that, in general, video game kickstarters are much more of a crapshoot than other kickstarters.

>crowdfunded MMO
>sub $2-million budget

Sounds like a bad idea to me.

And how many of those are large scale MMOs?

That's right, zero.

>$250 tier
>6 WHOLE MONTHS OF GAMETIME

I don't play MMOs but my god the people that are backing this shit.

lol
it took blizzard millions of dollars a month and several years to make WoW great
THAT changed the genre
This, i will never even see again

>WoW
>great
>lol

Kys yourself

WoW has hundreds of millions in server upkeep alone

That's because they sacrificed a lot of server performance and possible expansion room in the future by making the server do most of the work as to make the clients running on dial-up feel like the game didn't lag like shit.
Not to mention this was further made worse by the fact that they have like thousands of thousands servers in every region.
Right now asses of creation itself has 0 programmers and everything shown can be easily found on the unreal asset shop.

It's an over-ambitious game with feature creep being led by a guy with an awful history of making games.

it is low.

either they deliver a bigger piece of shit than your waifu or they just straight up scam everyone.