Is it any good?

Nope.

More clunky shit.

>Completely abhorrent OST
>Port is almost unplayable
>Story is almost nonexistent
>Gameplay is mediocre at best

Why does Sup Forums love this game? It's garbage

so they didn't learn anything from lords of the fallen?

Not at all.

>Port is almost unplayable
This is false.

It is though. The PS4 and Boner version are absolutely shit.

>The PS4 and Boner version are absolutely shit.
What else did you expect? That applies to nine out of ten console games.

Exactly, so the it's true what the other user said. The PS4 and Boner ports are unplayable.

the core problem with the game is that it tries to hard to be like dark souls, it uses several mechanics that don't integrate well together because it thinks that a "souls game" should have said mechanics
the developers have dome talent but they should really try and make a game that works by itself instead of trying to leech of the succes of another

It's ok. Good gameplay, boring world, and it's short. Get it on sale.

which mechanics are yo speaking of?

no multiplayer
no character ustomization
no lore

it's shit. gameplay doesn't make a souls game

That's what I plan to do, Lords Of The Fallen was pretty good for the 10€ I paid for it.

>Unplayable
Said who?

This guy

>no multiplayer
That's fine.
>no character customization
Shame, but not a big problem.
>no lore
Elaborate

much better than Dork Souls can ever hope to be.

>>Port is almost unplayable
>>Story is almost nonexistent
>>Gameplay is mediocre at best

Holy shit they got Dark Souls down that well?

kek

It has a 89% positive on Steam. It's good, ignore all the retards on Sup Forums shitting on it, they're die hard Fromshills who never played the game and watched a trailer 1 year ago.

It is inspired in Dark Souls.

Of course it's shit.

Why can't westerners into good design ? Everything they produce look so fucking boring

Look at that main character what were they thinking ?

>we need another middle aged white guy with dark hair and an edgy past, people are going to LOVE the originality, this protagonism will surely be remembered for years to come

Anti-Denuvo, Fromdrones and weebs are mad as fuck that a sequel will undoubtedly be confirmed. It's a better, Western take on the Souls formula with greater than Japanese production values that blows Bloodborne and Nioh out of the water.

>A LOOSELY Souls style game with INSANELY better graphics.
>Motion-captured animations.
>Westernized/European aesthetic and ideals.
>Dynamically placed, ambient music cues
>A FULLY REALIZED, immersive story with a set character that's actually voiced.
>FULLY voiced audio notes
>Mouths actually move when characters talk
>Stops at NG++.
>Much harder, REALISTIC fighting.
>Metroid/Castlevania style exploration.
>Crafting
>Don't have to worry about retards interfering with your game
>A much MORE rewarding Level-up system that emphasizes risk versus playing it safe.
>No retarded marathon runs to get back to a boss
>Boss weapon drops are dependent on how you battle/kill each of the five bosses, making strategy VERY rewarding.
>It's on PC meaning it doesn't suffer from limitations of console hardware
>It's not made by FromSoft therefore it has stable performance with great graphics

This will get a lot of replies, I want to see people proving this man wrong

Got told Hollow Knight is "just like Dark Souls," except it wasn't like Dark Souls at all. A great game in its own right, if you have a powerful enough machine to run it, but so not Dark Souls it's not even funny.

I will never buy a game that says it's "like Dark Souls" unless From Software themselves made it. And I will definitely never consider any game without multiplayer to be "just like Dark Souls."

Stop playing dumb, you know damn well he was implying a PC version.

ANSWER ME FAGGOT!!!

AH HA HA HA HA DO IT FAGGOT, IT WILL BE THE MOST GLORIOUS CRASH AND BURN SINCE MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA

Stop being dumb and understand that I'm saying the console versions run like ass and are more worthy of being called the ports in this case. Fucking have to spell it out for retards on here.

>hurr which ever version runs worse is the port

>don't give a shit if it's better than DS or not
>just want to know if it's worth buying on release
Fucking has anyone actually played the damn thing.

No.

So, tell me, what makes a port, a port?

>more worthy of being called the ports
You are or you aren't when you're a port. There is no gradient system.

90% positive on Steam now, where you actually have to play the game to review it.

Soulsfags downvoting on Metacritic means nothing

>Soulsfags
>Soulsfags
>Soulsfags
Nugga I am a Soulsfag and I wanna play the game.

Probably bad shilling

> make MC anything but middle aged white guy
> every time they get killed, SJWs proclaim it a hate crime
> nobody plays game because playing it is considered racist/sexist

It didn't used to be this way, but now it is. Only Japan still doesn't give a fuck, which is why western games just can't compete.

How dare you ask for games to have quality

The plot is nonexistent, the combat is okay but still clunky like LotF and the hitbox is sometime fucking bullshit. Also they trying way too hard to make the game "hard". Bosses and enemies will 2-3 hits you because it's "hard"
Make the game more skills or mechanically challenge, don't just increase the dmg and call it a day.

Uh sweetie, look at the critic score

>Why does Sup Forums love this game?
Ive only seen people shit on it.

>Pirated it
>Start playing
>Blue lights flashing all over the screen

Well then.

>Watch video
>Combat hast that thing where everything slows down when you hit an enemy

And into the trash it goes

You can turn it off.

Update to the latest gpu driver.

Then maybe it's worth a spin

Well clearly I have brain damage because that never even occurred to me.

>critic scores

We are posting about video gamea on Sup Forums so mild brain damage is expected.

Souls game with Destiny and sometimes Dead Space aesthetics. Everything looks like it came from something else. Completely uninspired game

Bad OST
Bad Enemy design
Bad Level design (all areas look the same, shortcuts that are pointless and just end up making the player confused)
Bad game design (have to grind mobs for scraps for gear/weapons)
Bad boss design (fuck ton of health, hit weakpoint, they suddenly explode and die)
ONLY 5 BOSSES IN THE GAME TOTAL
Kill boxes/barriers everywhere, you can't even skip over a simple railing to the next area or you die.
Character has fast movement but slow attack speed, enemies have both fast movement and fast attack speed.
Enemies do a fuck ton of damage
Story isn't explained, just guys in suits that make the same "ROAWRARR" sound everytime they aggro to you. Apparently the suits made them angry grr grr
FUCKING CLUMPS OF ENEMIES AT EVERY TURN

Game ended up turning into just sprint passed everyone and get lost for an hour and get nothing done.

refunded, dont buy this shit

>No Multiplayer
>That's fine
Wew lad did you play Dark souls cus of the SP only, that's what makes games like Dark Souls so interesting and fun to play not certainly the fact that you munch your buttons to beat AI driven enemies cus there's absolutly no challenge to it.

His text is a bad pasta but the animations are mocap though. You could see how they strapped weights to the guy doing the mocap to simulate an exo suit in the making of vide.

Any idea where to farm Rig Armature to build a body armor? Or just where to get body armor? I'm in the second aread and I can't see shit without a flashlight.

i was wondering what that option meant in the settings menu. care to link me what video you saw that in?

>refunded, dont buy this shit

this shit was cracked and available to torrent last night at 11pm. one of the fastest cracks Ive ever seen. I forgot how fast those fuckers are when the game doesnt have denuvo.

If i remember correctly, duplicate armor drops are automatically broken-down into the pertinent upgrade mats at the assembler. Just keep targeting chests.

Nice bait, I'll take a dozen to go please.

>sweetieposting outside /ptg/

Can any weeb tell me how is this game? I only trust the review from a fellow weeb.
(Anyone's Goty is P5/ToB/Yakuza 0/Nier Automata/BotW for now)

I watch 2 minutes of the stream of it, which is kinda boring.
Level design looks nothing special.
Overall art direction looks nothing specail, either.
No crazy good ost like P5/Nier Automata.

Is what this guy saying ture?
Need some confirmation.

haha i was watching a stream where he got to the first dark area, and it was like "press button to use flashlight with body armor equipped" but he had no body armor. I thought he was just a stupid player, but I guess the game is just that goofy.

At least the devs admitted they didn't like it and took a fuck it approach. Hopefully the people who cravked it and liked it will buy it, being nice and shit.

Everything from the setting to the main character to the gameplay is as bland, boring, and generic as you can get. This game will be totally forgotten by the end of the month.

Nigga the latest amd literally fixed that issue. Check if you are on the 17.5.1 version.

If you are on AMD that is, if Nvidia, then bad for you.

Yes.

World building and theme is mediocre, but combat is better than dark souls, imho senpai. Higher lethality but with moves that take more commitment.

Huge variety in moveset that is based on comboing, timing, and pressure. Some mechanics that I'm not even sure how to use yet (duck or jump dodge in addition to quickstep dodge).

Cutting things into bita for drops is fun. Hiy boxes are perfect most if the time, with damaging increasing vastly with an ideal hit rather than a scratch.

Weapon proficiency is meh mechanic, kind of forces you to grind. Timed "souls" recovery is annoying. Way more deaths than in souls. Again, theme is weak, but in some places they go for a horror feel and the vulnerability helps. Mobs tend to pile ob you if you're not careful, and its hard enough fighting just one.

Thats my rundown. Im happy with it, and this us from a huge souls fan.

But Surge doesn't have denuvo

This. Combat is better than Souls and has a Bloodborne-esque feel to it. Enemies are relentless and will kill you quick and swift if you're not careful. It also feels harder than Souls.
Setting and bosses are mediocre though.
If you can get the PC version if you haven't a PS4pro since the regular PS4 and xbone run this game like ass.

It's pretty good. Not as solid as the Souls games but still fun and playable.
The only real complaint I have is that some of the combos are retarded and can result in you taking a hit. (IE: The pole with 2 lightning blades on it you get at the start performs a 3 hit combo after attacking twice and theres no way to cancel it)
Also no real ranged options

to name a few, you lose your scraps when you die but you can bank them at the med-bay so instead of increasing tension like it does in DS it just becomes tedious to always bank your shit
the combat tries to be deliberate like in DS but the devs wanted a more complex system with the limb targeting so instead of reaching a "flow" state/feeling in wich you aren't really planning your attacks like in DS you're always consciously planning your next move so the combat ends up being stressful instead of exciting
also the whole "you'll die a lot" mechanic is poorly implemented as it takes a long time to die and respawn and you always get that fucking voice message after exiting the med-bay so it becomes annoying pretty fast while on DS you pretty much always can get back to where you where within the minute

Git gud faggot.

Funny, I'm your opposite, I like the fact that you have to think your combat, and not just mash buttons. You'll probably get the flow with some practice.

Also, not every place in DS was easy to retrieve your corpse from.

You used to spam this shit as op and now you post it in every thread. This game is shit. But learn how to shitpost better you fucking shitter.

Can you modify your speed in any way? Is armor just for defense or does it do more?

Armor does more than defense. A different arm will give you more impact damage when you use your weapon for example.

Do parts break?

>At least the devs admitted they didn't like it and took a fuck it approach.
Source?

That's literally what happened to me, I was fighting in the dark for a good 5 minutes. Somehow I managed not to die.
That's what I did, cheers. Turns out the rig lights don't help much but oh well.

>filename

fucking killed me

same. this is Souls copied well. I naturally want as much of that shit as possible.

if you reproduce something great and you do it well, you get something great as a result. LotF was a failure in that regard, but The Surge is not.

hopefully it sells so that more medium-large studios pick up the sub genre and revitalize the stale shitty gaming industry. souls-likes before that were mostly just indie titles.

The games style looks like it came straight out of the 90's for better or worse.

Not the dev actually, my bad, that's a producer from Focus answering.

>exhibit A: critic I disagree with
fuck this shitty board and all the brain addled manchildren that inhabit it, including myself

the light is fucking useless anyway

also I think that dark tunnel in the first area is intended for speedrunning

>zero marketing
>studio relying on Youtube/content creators to market, even bacterial marketing on Sup Forums

All I want to know is how it runs on PC. Lords of the Fallen ran like hot garbage despite at the time having a PC well beyond recommended specs. It looks interesting but don't want to blow $40 if it runs like shit.

>intended for speedrunning

how so?

It runs great. I get 60fps maxed out at 1440p on a 290.

Optimisation is pretty fucking good. Sure, there are a few people that can't into computers that have problems but it's pretty fucking fluid on PC.
And if the problem is your PC not being powerful enough, just refund it.

>No character costumisation

Drop it like its hot

How do I deal with the winrar extraction "volume" error after downloading?

What's nVidia equivalent to R290?

I get 80fps with everything on high and motion blur off of course.

>souls game

When will this meme stop?

Anti-Denuvo, Fromdrones and weebs are mad as fuck that a sequel will undoubtedly be confirmed. It's a better, Western take on the Souls formula with greater than Japanese production values that blows Bloodborne and Nioh out of the water.

>A LOOSELY Souls style game with INSANELY better graphics.
>Westernized/European aesthetic and ideals.
>Dynamically placed, ambient music cues
>A FULLY REALIZED, immersive story with a set character that's actually voiced.
>FULLY voiced audio notes
>Mouths actually move when characters talk
>Stops at NG++.
>Much harder, REALISTIC fighting.
>Metroid/Castlevania style exploration.
>Crafting
>Don't have to worry about retards interfering with your game
>A much MORE rewarding Level-up system that emphasizes risk versus playing it safe.
>No retarded marathon runs to get back to a boss
>Boss weapon drops are dependent on how you battle/kill each of the five bosses, making strategy VERY rewarding.
>It's on PC

Almost every single one of those points sounds like a downgrade except for fucking mouths moving

If I wanted realistic fighting I'd play fuckimg mount and blade

>>A much MORE rewarding Level-up system that emphasizes risk versus playing it safe.

Ermmm... what?

I thought it is required...

how is combat in a fiction exosuit using giant lightning weapons (in a future where guns must exist) anymore realistic?