Should we pirate it?

Is this worth torrenting?

It looks like pig shit IMO

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/shtup-system-shock-2-texture-upgrade/reviews/?filter=t&rating=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is basically Bioshock but in slightly different setting.

I.e. gets boring around middle of the game.

You probably can force himself to get past that but somewhere close at the end you will end this slugfest

How about you find out by yourself you fucking faggot.
And the "IMO" belongs to r.eddit you underage shit.

"We" should kill ourselves. You go first.

>It is basically Bioshock but in slightly different setting

No.

Yes
Even level design is similar to Infinite.

Plot is tasteless and colorless as fuck, just mediocre "small cutscene thing happened once you've reached specific part of the level" across whole game. Absolutely nothing to surprise you.

>Even level design is similar to Infinite.

Lol no.

>a linear shooter set on a floating island has the same level design as a contained space station with shortcuts and link backs

oh wow, you can revisit old location that is COMPLETELY unchanged 1:1 to open that lvl3 safe with absolutely worhtless junk

Congratulations, GOTY

I did it last night and played a little then i pissed off two of the corrupted robots and got my ass handed to me it seemed like a fun game fron what little i played digs into classic games a bit more than most

>Even level design is similar to Infinite.

stop pretending to play games that you haven't played user

>i 'm bad at exploration
don't blame the game for your mistakes

Now you are being retarded.

>I got called out as being wrong so I'm going to attack you xD

Please euthanise yourself

The game straighrt up requires backtracking and returning to the same area. It isn't a linear progression like Bioshock, and the level design as such is nothing close ti similar. Please don't talk to me unless you aren't going to be retarded.

>infinite
>easy as fuck with enemies that have no tricks and long boring bland levels and a walking ammo/health dispenser that follows you around
>prey
Somewhat challengng to instant death level ammo and health incredibly limited and needs to be used properly so far an interesting setting and weird thngs going on in story

Ya its exactly like that piece of shit infinite

Y why not

>should we pirate it?
>we
What the fuck?

the crack isn't out yet anyway.

It came out more than a day ago

It came out a day or so ago the game is only 18 gigs long you have no excuse for not already having it fuck you loser

I've already pirated it, played it and dropped it, user.

Because its hot steamy garbage

What didnt you like about it exactly?

holy shit where?

You didn't play Prey.

Who the fuck is "we"? If you want to pirate it, go ahead. It's genuinely a good game though. Anyone calling it "Bioshock" probably never played System Shock 2.

Look on the bay idiot

i8

>new game comes out
>insult it, yet expect discussion
>discuss on where you could steal said product anyway
absolutely fucking pathetic

pretty much what's been said in the thread

it just mediocre AAA games, the market is flooded with these

I did tho, for 5 hours
It was maximum I could suffer it's bland mediocrity

The only thing that has been said in the thread is from a retard claiming it was similar to bioshock infinite, which it is not.

This is as close to system shock 2 as we've had in years and the market is absolutely not flooded with these.

Its just my opinion, so chances are you might think completely different to me.

But I thought the gunplay was pretty terrible; the offset crosshair really didn't feel right and everything was awkward.

Everything else was just boring.

Please elaborate, I'm curious.

In the real world, the aliens took over and you're just a captured alien strapped into a simulation, oh and all the characters are computer programs except the fat fuck "Alex". It's his brothers memories you're reliving, and you're playing as the captured alien that thinks he's the guy in the OP

>This is close to system shock 2

Please leave, you never really played SS2, trying to fit too hard

>laid out and plays just lime system shock 2 or deus ex human revolution

How is that anything like what else is being put out right now?

>Denuvo
>Pirating

lol goodluck pirate fag

You sound like 17 or something.
The gunplay in SS2 and Deus Ex were terrible and it's still top 5 best games ever made.

Why do people keep saying this? It's much closer to system shock, hell it's closer to stalker than bioshock

it's amazing how many people in here are straight up lying about having played prey or just have horrid taste like this game is probably my favorite shooter to come out in the past few years, it's as close to system shock 3 that we'll ever get and is probably more fun than the kickstarter one will be

pros:

-story is pretty good, nothing spectacular but enthralling enough to keep you interested
-combat is pretty diverse as to how you can approach killing things, again nothing spectacular
-exploration will scratch that autism you may have very well, the non-linearity and freedom to explore is fantastic and probably its best quality overall
-the recycle / fabricate system is great, makes you want to pick up everything since you can always just recycle it into materials for something else
-voice acting is pretty damn good as a cherry on top
-ost has a few good songs, but overall you will probably want to turn your music down

>and it's still top 5 best games
lolno
>top 5
spotted delucional nostalgiafag

I really enjoyed Deus Ex despite the gunplay because it doesn't lean on it at all. Its practically optional. Not to mention a far better story and capability to make choices / sequence break. Way more interesting.

>it is closer to system shock because of the setting elements
>disregard bland gameplay that is not even close

nu-Sup Forums everyone

>system shock 2 or deus ex human revolution
>implying SS2 is anything like HR at all
>implying HR isn't one of the mediocre AAA dogshits people are criticizing
Kill yourself.

>This is as close to SS2 as we've had =/= close to

don't fucking tell me what I have and haven't played you sweaty little cunt

Name 10 games released in the past 5 years similar to Prey.

Op here. So should i pirate this game?

>inb4 buy-cukks come screaming

>-the recycle / fabricate system is great, makes you want to pick up everything since you can always just recycle it into materials for something else

This is one of the issues; if you don't like looting everything you see this game is a fucking nightmare and its gets old real quick unless you're into that.

Gamesdeal has it for 35 buckaroos. Not bad for that price.

Tell that to him not me thats the same question i am asking him

Buy only if you can find 50% off

That's not what I said faggot. I was referring exclusively to the gameplay.

>keysite

Enjoy getting your credit card ripped off

If you think Western games are pure garbage, skip it.
If you thought System Shock 2 was amazing and would like something not as good, but similar in nature, go ahead.
If you thought Bioshock was good and want a better version of that, go ahead.
I like it and I bought it. It's not for everyone, but it's overall quite enjoyable.

Pirate it if you're really curious, but at the end of the day it's just more bland trash like nu-Deus ex and Bioshit.

Ok. If someone pays me $5 ITT i will torrent this polished garbage AND try to play it non-ironically

>crafting system is 50% recycling stuff
As a scandinavian I feel vindicated

If it looks bad, why even bother caring to download it?

No really. Why waste the time?

>game is a fucking nightmare and its gets old real quick unless you're into that.
>gets old real quick unless you're into that.
>unless you're into that.

Oh my, did we just stumble upon the solution to every argument on Sup Forums?

IT TURNS OUT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTE!

Fuck this entire board is people having to defend things they like and you can't even discuss the actual fucking game.

Why do I keep coming here?

its already out dummy

Which is exactly what I was making fun of.

Ok what would you have wanted it to be? What where you expecting from it?

>he still uses his card for online purchases
Did I step back into 2010?

>Why do i keep coming here
thats what youre payed for pajeet
>Reddit spacing

Calm your ADHD and realise that a crafting system should not dictate if you're able to enjoy a game at all or not

What else is there? Cant trust paypal

Because OP is one of those faggots who doesn't want to do something Sup Forums hasn't given the green light. The type that can't think for himself

www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/prey-pc

It's well worth 37 bucks

I had no expectations for it. It just is whatever it is, and in this case it's an uninspired attempt at bringing back the magic of 90's era games by a team of people who don't understand game design in the slightest.

>wondering around a space station with a wrench, reading emails, listening to audio logs, hacking into turrets and doors, using psionic abilities

no, I honestly cannot see a single similarity between the games

>wtf we love prey now

what's this image supposed to imply

So far you have not given one single critisizm of a single mechanic or internal game system you are basically repeating the same thing over and over again

Okay. So if it doesn't play like System Shock 2 then what's closer? Are you capable of discussion?

Not one of these is gameplay. It's all setting. It's not a movie or a book, games should be compared by gameplay

>hurr durr differing opinion shill

I didn't even play the game, just happened to notice the comment and it made me salty
>Reddit spacing

Never been there friend

It's not just about the crafting system, just duck into any thread currently on this board and you'll realize that every thread consists of

>Well i thought this was kinda cool
>NO, YOU'RE WRONG, IT'S SHIT!

The check cleared

ok

all the games listed in his twitter profile are good so i still don't get it

The space station is the setting, the rest of it is gameplay and you are just being retarded.

Bioshock

ITT people who want to discuss the game mistaking shitposters for legit critisizm

It's like you don't even read the posts you respond to. How old are you?

ITT people who want to discuss the game mistaking shill's claims for legit game cons

You didn't ask for any of that, you asked about what I expected. You could hit the character limit with reasons why this isn't as good as SS1 or 2, but I'll keep it short. The exploration is meaningless, the resources aren't actually scarce, the level design is simplistic, there's only three types of enemies and their main gimmick gets old within the first 10 minutes. There's nothing clever of interesting about any of the mechanics. It's a by the numbers Bioshock clone that just superficially pretends to be System Shock, because the people in charge couldn't be assed to figure out what actually made System Shock good.

In what way? Bioshock has a much more linear level structure and doesn't have the majority of the rpg features, it doesn't really even have an inventory. Why do you think it's closer to Bioshock?

I really enjoyed Prey and just noticed I actually have System Shock 2 in my steam library - are there any mods I should consider or just go vanilla?

You don't get it, we, the 4channers, hate him!

i'm sure there are some HD mods out there, but i'm not sure

the game is pretty dated in terms of how the gameplay feels imo

Just change controls to shooter and go at it

Forget this game, I can't wait for BioShock 4.

"Reading emails, listening to audio logs" is not gameplay. The gameplay is how you aproach and do those things. That's like saying two games are similar just because in both you fight with swords. I'm not the previous guy and Pray may very well be similar game to SS2 but you can't argument it like that. "In both you have a skill tree, you can aproach fights in different ways and level design is similar" - that's more like it.
Like hacking has already been done in a million different ways.

Hey so I see this thread is mostly shitposting, but I'm considering buying the game and see a lot of comments about how it's close to System Shock 2.

How is the inventory system? SS2 was clunky even in its time. Did they successfully update resource management while keeping it scarce enough to be interesting?

I played bioshock on hard and always had too much loot laying around, so I'm just wondering how the scarcity/upgrades/inventory system works.

Thanks in advance anons.

Thanks guys - I might give moddb.com/mods/shtup-system-shock-2-texture-upgrade/reviews/?filter=t&rating=1 that a go though just to make it a little easier on the eyes

looking forward to this

The thng is we dont have nearly enough of this type of game for its gameplay to really feel that old so even if its not as good as ss1 or ss2 its still a veey servicabkr ll on its own and certaintly better than the game it borrows its name from

-you will never have too much loot as you recycle waht you don't need
-inventory is much better than SS2
-hardest difficulty is very punishing
-it's a good game

hope that helps

thanks boss. sounds like the recycling system helps a lot.

>Reading emails/notes for codes to safes, hacking into turrets/safes so they fight for you, story being told through audio logs is not gameplay related

OK mate.

>finally realize how to get outside of the airlock after hours of doing every thing i could conceivably do inside

>cant get into anywhere else, objective says to find dr calvino

>find him

>absolutely nothing happens, no keycard, objective marker is still there telling me to find him

what the fuck?

i fucked around for 5 fucking hours just for this shit to break on me and have to restart?