SFV thread I guess

SFV thread I guess.

When the fuck is Ed going to actually release? Where are you in the game right now, who are you maining and what are you working on? What do you think Capcom should do to increase defensive options and neuter throws? Would anybody be interested in lobbying up to help a lowly Silver get better (U.S.)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dhKui5DiFCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when's ED?
when's balance patch
when's Cammy's new air grab

Hopefully this month, waiting for Ed, waiting for Ed, they don't need to neuter throws, taking a throw is, in fact, FAR more often than not preferential than not just eating a throw.

>they don't need to neuter throws
As I understand it, throw loops and throw mix-ups increase the pressure game in SFV by 200% currently and can't be teched or countered in a variety of situations. Defensive play in general needs to be strengthened and it should start with reworking throws, I can't believe the new patch is removing the back jump + tech throw option select.

Basically no character in the game has a real throw loop outside of the corner. If you're in the corner you deserve to be put in the throw loop, that's the punishment for being put in the corner.

People still play this trash?

Honestly, what the fuck is wrong with Capcom fanboys?

>what are you working on?
I'm working on getting over the shitty designed characters and outfits.

Fucking Ed. That overdesigned-edgy-husbando-Mary-Sue-Abel triggers me so much.

>When the fuck is Ed going to actually release?
Probably end of month or early June. Just realized Ibuki's trailer launched on Memorial Day last year, followed by more radio silence and her actual delay...So who knows, really with this mess of a team.
>Where are you in the game right now, who are you maining and what are you working on?
Gold Birdie, and consistency mostly. I don't play often so when I do, I have some bad habits I need to talk myself out of. He's about the only character I really enjoy using, but Ed was fun during the beta. Need to really work on him in the lab to feel worthy of using him in any capacity outside of casuals.
>What do you think Capcom should do to increase defensive options and neuter throws?
I don't miss invincible back dashing, so I'd rather they not go back to that route. Really, it comes down to making more characters that having decent zoning. Right now, to much of the cast's strategies come down to the same rush down set ups. In their attempt to lower the skill ceiling, they neutered creativity. Personally, much like how Ultra II changed things up in super, we need V-skill or v-trigger options for each character (two or three). Would add variety and personality, and may influence playstyle out of mindlessly hitting buttons.
>Would anybody be interested in lobbying up to help a lowly Silver get better (U.S.)?
I'm at work avoiding a video edit that I have no interest in working on. I wish.

>Stop enjoying what I don't
Does saying this ever get old for you?

>Defensive play in general needs to be strengthened
This. I'm so sick and fucking tired of losing once in neutral and then getting completely fucked as Vega. I mean, I know he's arguably bottom 5 and all, but goddamn.

>ryu is hot garbage in sfv now
>dont want to get back into melee because marth isn't viable anymore
>every other fighting game is dead an irrelevant

what do

1. Wait until Season 2.1.
2. Adapt, there's Ryu's in high ranking brackets so why can't you do it?
3. Injustice or Tekken, but I doubt online will last long.

Play a character that isn't Ryu. If you enjoyed playing him when he was strong then you can enjoy playing pretty much any other character because SFV ryu is quite possibly one of the most boring fighting game characters in recent memory.

Tekken will have a dedicated base throughout. Injustice, like every other Neatherrealm game, will be dead within the year.

Man come on. Even DAIGO dropped Ryu. Yes, it's that bad.
come on user shoto style isn't boring. You chuck fireballs, and then dp. It's so much fun. But now Ryu's dp is kill. This goes for all Shotos now.

You're right, shoto's aren't boring. Doesn't change the fact that Ryu is boring as fuck in SFV. Play Akuma if you wanna do that.

>Even DAIGO dropped Ryu. Yes, it's that bad.
Why is this surprising? Daigo only sticks with Ryu because the shoto play style is comfortable for him and Ryu always manages to hedge on the upper tiers anyway. The second another character is leaps and bounds ahead of Ryu in terms of tiers, Daigo's gonna switch.

I'm personally a fan of maining who you like and making them work. Tiers only really matter at the highest level of play and iirc the last top 8 featured plenty of mid-to-low tier characters.

>Daigo is a character loyalist now
not really and btw top4 on the last major tournament BAM9 , were all character loyalists: bonchan, verloren, fuudo and tokido.

I thought for a second you mean Ed Boone and injustice 2 lol

What rank are you, are you in Gold or below? I'm asking because I also use Vega.

Around the middle of Platinum rank. Particularly in the Akuma, Laura, and Gief matchups, as if you get knocked down by any of these characters you can't really come back, unless they make a big mistake.

Ed is amazing. But Abigail next month will be even better. Watch.

Good. I need a big, lovable, and retarded brute replacement.

Dead game

That's exactly where I got to, and pretty much what I lose to. Replaced Akuma with Balrog though, I used to lose to Akuma alot until I realized nothing he does is real. Now I just knee Akuma whenever he's minus, or I Flying B. behind him to punish the inevitable demon flip / air hado.

What really makes Vega bad is the fact that CCs and shit give other characters a chance to do so much damage while Vega has to just keep winning neutral over and over. I've seen Vegas in Diamond I just haven't figured out what the sauce is.

>When the fuck is Ed going to actually release?
the end of the month, they already said the characters were every other month this year

See, for me I can never figure out when Akuma's minus, even when I have the frame data in front of me, and whenever I try to FBA it always gets stuffed by his palm anti-air. Air hados are quite easy to beat though, just use anti air V-Trigger. Balrog however is a bit better for me, I can just punish his dash straights and V-Skills, either with grab or crouching MP. Crouching LP into LP or MP ASE also catches them off guard at times.

There is this video that got released for Vega tips by a Diamond player, hopefully it might give you a bit of help, personally it helps me a little since I do find myself doing some of this sometimes.
youtube.com/watch?v=dhKui5DiFCA

but thats wrong

Honestly with Akuma I just ask myself 3 things:
>Is he gonna jump on me?
>Is he gonna random tatsu?
>Is he gonna jump on me...

I slide under air fireballs, and st.lk -> combo him out of everything else. Especially since you can knock him out of that stupid ass overhead Akumas love to do whenever they aren't trying to walk-up grab.

Most times I actually rob people of wins I don't deserve by doing FBA and waiting RIGHT until the last moment and then hitting punch. The claw will usually hit them from behind even if it's a DP type move if timed right. V-trigger I use exclusively to punish any type of jump, and then I super.

My buddy and I were going back to back ranking up then the game just got boring so I haven't played since Platinum. I lost my motivation especially since I've been paying since beta. I feel like without a "rival" and the game being so sterile I have no reason to get past the 8000s part of me does but I'm not sure....

>Where are you in the game right now, who are you maining and what are you working on?
Ultra Bronze, Ryu, been waiting on the CFN changes before hoping back into Ranked. Feels like I could get into Silver now, but I've been mostly working on Trials/execution lately. Got two Trials left now;
>Akuma 10
I think I'll clear this soon, although I still struggle with the V-Trigger timing or the V-Skill into Demon Flip.

>Guile 9
Looking at the demonstration/videos, I think I need to Flash Kick later than I am now. But I think I'm also just too slow for this. Charging the FK makes me tense up, so then I'll hold up-forwards instead of hitting back->fowards immediately after.

IF HONDA ISN'T THE FIRST CHARACTER RELEASED IN SEASON THREE I'M GONNA PUNCH MIKE ROSS IN THE DICK

>What do you think Capcom should do to increase defensive options and neuter throws?

more distance between players after throw so you cant walk up and meaty throw again after quickrise
also make throw into forward dash minus after quickrise for the whole cast

Platinum, Vega. Trying to learn some meaty's, I mostly just get lucky with them, and it seems borderline necessary to have a few in these ranks.

How do I get better at this game? Every time I get to super bronze I lose it, get back, drop down, repeat

Playing ryu

Drop Ryu. Also, if you're losing your rank, that probably means you're struggling at that rank, so switch to Casual or Battle Lounges for a bit to learn to deal with players of that level.

>Knocked back down to Ultra Bronze
Please somebody fucking help me I hate this shit. Gold is all I want, is that too much to ask?

This, Casual matches are the best way to learn how to play at your level.

Learn to anti air and stop pressing unnecessary buttons

Super Gold Zangeif, I'm working on getting back to Platinum. I can't wait for the new patches buffs and getting tons of lp off people trying Ed

Guile has a back throw loop anywhere if you quick rise.

>Tokido

>Learn to AA
This is what got me to Silver in the first place, players anywhere near Bronze leagues are retard jumpers. I'm a Bison/Balrog main though it's been more Bison recently. Been having issues with his slow-ass AA in certain situations. I have a particular problem with anticipating cross-ups, I always overestimate the arc of Bison's AA and sometimes try to reach for people sailing right over me and that never ends well.

A couple of other issues I've been having: playing on autopilot, playing on tilt, and losing all semblance of patience. That's the shit that got me to plateau at Ultra Bronze for a long time until I calmed down a little. But the one thing that's been pissing me off more than anything is when I decimate someone in a match, rematch them (because I always rematch) and then they start lagging inexplicably and become unreadable. Wipe the floor with me after that. I'm sure some of it is genuine netcode dogshit but there was a shitty mid-Silver Ken I fought earlier who did this and I'm convinced it was purposeful because he was barely good enough to have the LP he did when we weren't lagging.