The Surge discussion thread

The Surge discussion thread

What weapon and build are you guys going? Tried out the butterfly and didn't care for it.

>the surge discussion
>discussion

Yeah no

fuck off

>5 bosses
Lol

Seems like lots of unnecessary hatred for a game that just came out.

Just checked it out on steam does this game really not have multiplayer?

It doesn't

>5 bosses

Why would anyone want to play this then? I didn't play any of the souls games for their story alone. Half the fun is other humans.

TO each their own, I never interacted with people in the souls game. So the removal of it doesn't bother me here.

I'm rocking the laer cutter thing, since it's the highest energy gain and with how hard some enemies hit, the energy-to hp conversion is a godsend.

How is it?

Running around with PAX blade and a full rhino gear and it's kinda disappointing. My stamina goes away quite fast, I'm slow but neither my armor nor my block are actually doing something to mitigate the damage. I still receive from 1/3 to full 3/4 of my health bar in dmg from heavy guys and the fast ones just stab me through my attacks.
Either this game is harder than Blodborne/Nioh or being heavy str build is not worth it.
Anybody had experience with heavy? Pls advise.

I've really been enjoying it so far, slicing and dicing people. Game starts off really slow but quickly picks up after you start getting your equipment and understanding all the mechanics.
Game is definitly harder and I can't give advice since speed but what core power are you running at right now?

>another shitty souls ripoff from the people who made one of the worst souls ripoffs already
Why did you even bother making this thread?

Looks like garbage, to be quite honest with you.

I'm at 32, second zone.

Cause its a fun game
Oh well shit i don't know then. I get half healthed if I get hit so I guess just stack up them healing items

>another shitty uninspired Souls ripoff
>this time with the worst art style and designs this generation
Think I'll pass.

i really wished they went more fantastic than realistic future, with aliens, energy swords, i don't know but the gameplay so far its fun

Pax blade is the only weapon worth a damn so far. Really not enjoying all these rhino enemies in this second zone however.

You basicly have to block and counter. Tanking hits is just not possible as far as I have seen. In the second area it's worth it to bait their attacks and block it for a easy counter rather than try and get hits in normally, with the butterfly guys especially. Get free hits when it knocks them down then go guard/counter again.

It seems like they didn't learn from Lords of the Fallen at all. They still have some of their neat mechanical ideas like fading souls/echoes but it doesn't seem like they kept the diminishing values like before.

Not only that but what the christ, is there actually only seven weapons or is that just because no one actually made it anywhere meaningful yet? Even Lords of the Fallen had like, thirty or forty weapons total.

I hate this stupid exo suit design that some games are going for now.

I don't know which CoD it was in but one of them had the exact same armor design.
It looks stupid as shit, not appealing in the slightest.

Looks like he attached some cardboard boxes and straps to his body.

See, that's what i was talking about. Quicker is better. If you have to basically dodge everything why bother with the gear that penalizes your dodges and increases stamina consumption while not giving enough protection to be competitive.

Tell me that there's Gorgon security in the Biolabs, because I fucked up in the previous area, accidentally switched over to the arm from the leg, and so I missed out on getting the leg schematic for the armor set.

Lords of the Fallen was the opposite, with heavy slow characters being fucking easy mode while agile characters were heavily punished constantly. Kinda like Souls actually, where your tanky builds or builds that used a shield had basically no excuse when it came to failing against a boss.

So whats the big plot twist devs prepared for players?

not sure its like aftermath of the implant malfunction in deus ex

Can you kill davey? I don't want to take the chance but curious.

>People enjoy souls PvP
Why? How? I tried, God knows I've tried but it's impossible to play. The lag is always ridiculous, and it can't be my internet because everything else I can play fine. Souls games there's always a delay of about half a second between what I see and do and what's really happening.

oh geez it's out now?

was interested in it since last E3

but im not paying 80 canuck bucks for it, gonna have to remember to get this when its cheap

how do i fix the blue fog glitch?I can't see shit

I dont know where to go so here I am. Not skilling any dmg+modifier skills in kingdoms of amalur makes the game and combat really enjoyable.

Where you stuck at?

I'm using the Steam Refund build

Look like a trash man

>how do i fix the blue fog glitch?I can't see shit

AMD, right? Update your drivers to the latest available. I had the same problem as you and that fixed it for me.

>encounter first human enemies
>literally forced to lock on to body parts to do ANY damage at all

I'm honestly considering dropping it right there.
The cool thing about Dark souls games is that lock-on is 100% optional and I literally never ever used it because it's a shitty crutch mechanic for people who can't aim manually.
Aiming manually in this game though is almost impossible because of the tiny as fuck hitboxes and uncontrollable swing trajectory.

In my cycles of guilt duh

Thats just the one enemy for the tutorial of teaching you. You can attack anywhere you want afterwards. In fact you are encouraged to attack anywhere you want so you can get certain gear you want.

Leave Japan for us

oh fug i forgot to update my stuff when new games comes out
thanks user

Are you a trash man?

Cool so enemies won't have hit immunity on their armor?

deja vu

Yeah you can attack their armor just fine its just the 3 types of dmg.

Armor means they take less dmg
Neutral is normal
And blue zones mean they take more dmg

The armor isn't even that bad considering I attack through it about the same as if it was a weak zone

I've just been in this place before!

Deck 13 is the fucking beast developer right now!

higher on the street

and I know it's my time to come home

Fuck these guys and everything about them

>tfw put full Rhino on me, can't be budged

It's basically Lords of the Fallen: Junkyard Edition.
What a waste.

>Multiplayer just means PVP
Co-op is a lot of fun, faggot.

Summoning is for scrubs

Can you use their leg as a weapon if you chop it off like in the trailer?

Just pirate it my dude.

Why does every environment in this game look the same?

git cooperative.

because its all in the same facility using mass produced materials. and its dark as shit a lot.

Only 3 words that completely destroy this piece of crap
>Future
>No
>Guns

>Literally a reskinned Lords of the Fallen, made by the same shitty devs, with a lot of the same shitty problems
>wtf y dos no1 want 2 discus

Yeah you can kill NPCs, was watching some preview gameplay and the guy playing tested it. He didn't drop anything though.

I agree, games with only 5 bosses are fucking terrible.

Because the devs clearly have no fucking clue what level design is about, and everything looks the exact same, so navigation is a real pain in the fucking ass.

And yet the latest Nintendo rehash and generic weebshit get discussed to death. People here are just biased.

>B-BUT NINTENDO
Enjoy eating shit, I guess. Have fun with your shitty Souls ripoff that still does everything worse.

This. Botw was generic and bland, and a 6/10 at best, but Sup Forums acts like it is literally the best game ever made.

Sorry, you're not allowed to use any of those criticisms. Any criticism that also applies to BOTW, isn't allowed here.

it's an improvement in almost every aspect, faggot.

I don't know why but this game hated being installed on my SSD. It would take forever to load in anything.

>Looking at gameplay
>SO MANY reused animations from LotF
>Even the enemies are the exact same
>People will defend this shit
>PCfats hype this shit up because they're still pissy about Bloodborne

So, whats the story of the game?, i know you are a cripple who gets and exoeskeleton and then dropped in some kind of junkyard, then what?

Everythings fucked up and you are trying to escape/help others escape/ and find out what the fuck happened.

>Playing the inferior console version

If I thought Lords of the Fallen was a steaming turd (which entirely missed the point of the games it was derivative of, played like shit and was promptly deleted):

Should I even bother looking at this?

Looks like more of the same with a sci-fi skin.

Everyone connected to those rigs turn into cyborgzombies apart from a few lucky survivors. Your job is to figure out what went wrong.

>what are minibosses

is boring ass white guy the only playable character? if so how long does it take to get completely decked out in a robot suit?

>find better DW fists
>do R2 R2 R1 combo
>decent damage and always safe distance after
combos are actually interesting this time around.
Actually many different (up to) 4-hit combos that seem pretty useful.
R1 R1 R2 is a flaming spin with the weapon i use right now

Oh right, I forgot. BotW is a perfect game and has no flaws.

yes and about three minutes. a few trips around if you want/need to grind for mats to create the pieces.

Yeah too bad it wasn't a fat crippled gay communist tranny of an undefinable coffee-colored mixed race, that would have changed everything.

not him, but the main character is 0 dimensional. he has no emotions and you don't know why he is handicapped or a murdering machine.

Nice armor you got there, trash man

He is crippled though, the ableist then put him in a robot suit so he can walk.

So making them a demitreesexual fat lesbian independent womyn would add dimension?

that would be fucking awful, but he has almost no dialogue and nothing tells us anything about him. we might as well play a non-textured grey bloke for all we know about the MC

I don't know how they did it but they made industrial sci-fi look boring.

That first boss sometimes damages me twice with a single blow...also are there any other weapons in the beginning? I have sword, great sword and the weapon i came with

and? what happened, come on, throw the spoilers senpai

There is a 4th weapon called butterfly that you can get. You should have fought the enemy at least once when turning on the power.

The black guy at the start did it.

Pirated it
It's trash

I don't have to. You can guess the rest.

I honestly thought OP had posted an image of Destiny from the thumbnail

>steam review
Just check any garbage VN moeshit on steam, my man.

Great review, thanks.

Literally the same dude