Useless Party Members thread

Post them.

>keeps casting tentarafoo

>useless til lvl 65 where she learn heat riser
>at the very end of the game

>Marin Karin

>posts mitsuru
>not yukari
Mitsuru is pretty useful with here ice and physical attacks. Yukari is literallly a fucking retard. When it comes to an enemy thats strong or resistant to wind she just firess her fucking weak ass arrow 9 dmg at a time

>heat riser useful
>when you should permanently have makoto and ryuji/yusuke in your party at that point

Goldenfags need not apply

If your character needs to be gifted every high tier spell and all four elements to be good, I've got bad fucking news

Unironically.

Who actually uses her?

Yukari is the best healslut though. Mitsuru should be good, she's got great skills but her fucktard AI is what kills her. In P3P she's a lot better to use.

You don't know how to play

>one shot one kill with +75% gun damage
>not hilariously broken

By the time Mordi gets her turn Alto, Rusty, Sakuya, and Popo cleared the map.

And later, Hilda joins that wipeout team.

>Not Junpei, Ken, Shinji, or Koromaru

>Posts mitsuru
>When Ken and korumaru are in the same game

She murders anything that can be crit.

Professional door opener coming through

I do. She's got some of the strongest magic damage in your party if that's your thing.

>He never used Spotlight + Tetrakarn
>He doesn't play on Merciless where she easily crits for 3k on every second hit in Shido's Palace

You probably think Yusuke was useful at any point in the game.

Playing P3 for the first time right now, initially thought Mitsuru was a 30 year old woman from hearing her deep ass voice.

Morgana has crazy high luck. He's great with miracle punch. He just needs help hitting things.

I hear people complain about Mitsuru, but mine was a fucking angel and did everything right

>main character is a worthless bimbo
>has a rivalry with the only character in the entire series who is worse

What's wrong with Yusuke? Higher strength than Ryuji so he's better until Ryuji gets charge.
Granted, I haven't played merciless yet.

Not only is he useless, all he does is bitch about everything.

>always choose Sentinel
>unlock and hack everything myself

I still bring Atton along with me in Kotor 2 though just because he's a cool dude

>Korormaru
>Bad

Masukukaja says otherwise.

It's pretty hilarious.

>I don't understand how team commands work

Is this bait?
Mitsuru has the highest magic stat in the game + Ice Amp + Mind Charge and Bufudyne could hit for more than 1200+

Aigis gets that and a whole lot more.

Worst party member ever?

Oh I didn't Aigis could buff three stats at once

Exists only for using items.

Its her AI that ruins her as she does really stupid shit. P3P fixes this with direct control.

God yes. I like to imagine that the MC is only silent because he constantly has to fight the urge to yell at him

Ryuji boosts attack, Yusuke doesn't. Avoidability/accuracy isn't very punishing in this game compared to previous ones along with being only marginally stronger until Ryuji learns charge.

Heat did literally nothing wrong.

Mitsuru's AI being shit is a meme from the original release. With FES being a thing, you shouldn't have any issues unless you ignore tactics like a retard.

Hell in P3P you can roll with Yukari, Ken and Koromaru and blitz everything because the enemy AI/stats were never tweaked to handle things like custom party control and P4's One More system.

I'm playing through FES right now. I'm still in the first half of the game, but Mitsuru has been pretty useful. She deals good damage both with her magic and her sword attack, what's wrong with her?

>Yukari best healslut
>Not Ken
The best lineup later on is Ken for heals, Akihiko and Aigis for buffs/debuffs.

He's fine in pretty specific situations like when during encounters with like 2 enemies who have a weakness and one without but even then I'd rather have Morgana or Haru try for a crit and just all out attack.
You'll probably have both in your party anyway for the first half of the game since Ann and Makoto are kinda bad when they don't have enemies weak to their element.

I just wanted to post her

And yet, Sera still didn't give a shit about his bitch ass.

fug, that was meant for:

>Its her AI that ruins her
This is a meme and you know it.
People are too dumb to utilize the tactics menu, if you set her to Act Freely she'll do random shit, Full Assault would completely stop her from using Marin Karin and Tentarafoo.

People who don't understand tactics and complain about marin karin

>Mitsuru
>useless

wat

>"I missed! Really!?"
>"Mona, aim!"

Bonafied monafied

Give him the old Suckukaja, Masuku the enemy and rake in some crits.

Too bad he almost always gets the second turn.

>B-but my mages.
Fuck off anders you giant fucking cunt.

And your skills suck.

what's that purpose of having him be a healer when i can have merrill or me become a healer?

Yeah I've had her use that annoying RNG shit a few times, though she seems to prefer Bufula most of the time even if I leave her on Act Freely.

These anons are all tragically retarded.

Mitsuru is factually worthless and nobody would miss her if she was gone.

YOUR DEATH COMES 30 MINUTES FROM NOW.

Unless you're talking about mods Merrill has no healing spellls, presumably because no one would ever choose Anders then.

I like him a lot, but it's the truth. Only thing he has going for him really is Masukukaja.

Yeah he's pretty trash. Of course my first playthrough back when this was new saw me use him and it was awful. I played through again about 4 years ago and ignored the fuck outta him.

Whatever you say, pal.

you misspelled Yukari wrong mate,what a waste of squad mate slot wish we had a choice to keep shinji and kill her off

Him and Ryuji both have their uses. I take Yusuke for normal encounters and swap in Ryuji for bosses.

Doesn't he have strong physical skills though?
He does bitch a lot now that I think about it.

Play P3P then mate.

Wait she cant learn healing spells normally?

That's stupid.

You misspelled Chie.

He does, but you're better off building Serph as a physical damage dealer. Gales physical damage also isn't anything to scoff at.
Serph/Gale/Argilla is the best team imo.

Nice meme. Use the right tactics and she's one of the best party member and hardest hitter. Sounds like you need to git gud.

My final party was Ryuji, Makoto, and Haru. Makoto was literally only there to heal while I had MC and Ryuji using charge and then slamming away with a physical attack. Haru was there to keep Heat Riser going on both of them. It made things piss easy. Sure, it cost a good amount of SP but I had a fuckload of carrots so it was trivial.

Just about everyone is useful in Chrono Trigger. Plus her ultimate weapon is pretty damn good

i did, and Yukari is still useless,i mean healing? worthless waste of a squad slot

>wish we had a choice to keep shinji

Best party is MC, Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Aigis in FES.

>cat farms crits
>use her as backup healer/support
>can nuke or use physical

keep her along for hard bosses with need for extra healing.

Baton Passing is OP early on. Two baton passes then have him 1-shot whatever.

Replace with Ryuji for bosses.

Endgame:
MC, Ryuji, Ann, Makoto for bosses
MC, Ryuji, Cat, whoever for trash

>fuckhead AI
talk about an understatement. Her AI was absolutely braindead. I got stuck on a floo boss thanks to that. The boss would toss out AOE attacks and put everybody around 50% HP which should mean she should use her AOE heal spell. NOPE. Because one party member took just a bit more damage and was at 40% HP, instead of using her mid-tier party heal, she would use her high-tier single heal. The next attack the boss dropped would end up killing somebody thanks to that garbage. AI party was one of the worst ideas anybody ever had in P3 and really ruined the original game.

This. He's only good to use heat wave against mobs, Ryuji is a better physical damage dealer against bosses even if Goemon is a lot cooler then Captain Kid.
At this point my final party will probably look like:
Ryuuji-Makoto-Haru

I wasn't min/maxing properly but it was a hilarious setup. I also dropped tetra break for trigger happy as soon as I remembered that skill existed.

From what I remember, trigger happy doesn't really help crit rates too much. Especially compared to apt pupil

>Just about
Then who isn't useful?

>Not just healing the party yourself and letting mitsuru bomb the shit out of the enemy

I just got to Sae's Palace should I wait to send the calling card cause I heard the last two Palaces fuck with your time like that

You're forced to back off for a day when you get around halfway in.

In that case, I'll need to swap it out when I do NG+. Thanks for the tip m8.

its 10/30 now I already have Goro on my team

Supposed to happen, once you get clear of half the trials, a path is blocked off and you have to retreat and attend a prosecution and have Sae acknowledge you to go deeper into the palace.

>hating /ourguy/
Fuck off Sheffield.
>sister died and replacement cucks you for a sociopath wanting to be God
>data version is a traitorous prick

>Mitsuru
>bomb the shit out of the enemy
With what? Marin Karin? You must be the luckiest son of a bitch in the world to ever get consistent damage out of that moron.

I remember spunking Erebus to death with Mara in The Answer moments after fusing him. Didn't even realise Mara existed since it was my first SMT game get mad SMTfags

Looking through this thread, it seems I was the luckiest son of a bitch. Couldn't you order her to prioritise casting damage-dealing spells though?

I'm sorry, are you implying that Estelle (who is a worse Julia, who is in turn a worse Schera, who is in turn a worse Joshua) is good? Or, worse, are you implying that fucking Josette is good?

Estelle is a great character but that doesn't change the fact that she is a useless bimbo in battle only saved from being dead weight by the way support spells work in her trilogy. Her only advantage is a neutral orbment line that's still fucking worse than any other character who can competently do arts because it's 4:4.

but do I have to care about the calling card timing for these last two Palaces

>it's an user doesn't understand the concept of tactics episode
Sup Forums is an embarrassment desu.

>Not setting her to Full Assault or Knock Down at all times.

Haru and Morgana are permanent on my team thanks to their crit abilities.

It'll make you wait until the last day to send the card.

Everyone in Zestiria

Ignis for half of the game

Prompto the whole game

12 out of 36 of your active party members in star ocean

Kimahri, riku except for her throw shit

Sue from Grandia

Suikoden, pretty much all 108 characters could throw down with enough bits. The chefs, the laundry lady.

I took both him and Ryuji against the final boss. Doming Yabadaba with beefy physicals was pretty fun.