Why such a low score? Are people upset it's a real Fire Emblem game and not a dating sim?

Why such a low score? Are people upset it's a real Fire Emblem game and not a dating sim?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6bhd52/harvest_moon_is_heading_to_switch_and_pc_for_the/
gameinformer.com/games/fire_emblem_echoes_shadows_of_valentia/b/3ds/archive/2017/05/16/welcome-to-the-grindhouse.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its gaiden
Its bad

Its higher than RD

Gaiden was shit and Echoes is just Gaiden made with modern tech.

Because it's a Nintendo game, Nintendo is dead

Tfw Fire emblem will be a sony exclusive in 2021
>Fire emblem
>Zelda
>Mario
>Mario kart 9
>Smash bros
Will all be games coming to the Playstation 5 in 2021 and 2022

Sony always win

>83
Another blunder from Nintendo

waifufags won lads

Get the fuck out

Two of the lower scores are from outfits like Game Informer and IGN, both of whom criticized the game for its ramped up difficulty. Honestly, if I cared about Fire Emblem, having casual game journalists talking about the difficulty would be a selling point FOR the game, not against. But whatever.

It's too hard for them.

Based on the amount of bitching and moaning from this review, Phoenix Mode must not be an option this time.

Is the drone triggered? This isn't reddit, go back to your safe space

>I actually have to use tactics like terrain and positioning in an SRPG?
>I can't grind out my units so that they curbstomp the game?
>I actually have to understand probabilities and chance?
>I can't abuse the literal save-state feature they put in the game?
>What is casual mode?

They made FE as welcoming to casuals as possible and they still complain.

To be fair the few maps like 4 or 5 of them that have proper layouts in Gaiden are the absolute meat grinders.
But you can grind for free in dungeons so meh.

>a real Fire Emblem

You all want to be contrarian hipsters so fucking badly you're throwing your weight behind Gaiden which has all the things you claim you have "issues" with in the popular titles, but ramped up tenfold.

>it's a real Fire Emblem game
are you serious

Are FEgs the SMTards of SRPGs?

>Muh old games are truly hardcore, not this modern waifushit
>It was good before it got mainstream and too casual

No actually, the consensus seems to be that the story and characters are perfect this time. But the gameplay is bad.

They got closer this time, so I'm betting FE Switch will be the winner.

SMTards are worse, SMT I and II were "auto-battle: the games".

It's retooled Gaiden, the worst FE; worst than Sacred Stones and the waifu emblems.

Why do you think the dating sim FE was the one with the best score that revived the series? Critical and commercial success.
Because the non dating sim parts of FE are shit.

>83 is a bad score for an sprg
you need to go back

/thread

it's kind of infuriating that it took all of two (2) FE games to set the difficulty bar at fucking ground level, and any attempt to bring an iota of challenge back into the series (only a little, since there's still Casual Mode and endless grinding and a literal rewind button and probably EXP/gold gifting DLC shortly after release and even fucking amiibo units) is wholly unacceptable and NOT MUH FIRE EMBLEM ;_;

stop projecting

>I'm Mr. Shitposter! Look at me!

>easiest of the JP only games
>still too hard for some

oh come on now

The NES and SNES FE games are all pretty shit, desu senpai

Like, even 11 and 12 are still basic as fuck despite being revamped and re-released on the DS.

>Rick and morty

Ya got me. Kek.

>everything I don't like is reddit

Kek this, all the redditfags is ruining Sup Forums

>b-but reddit!!!!

>anime

thank Sup Forums for inviting all the redditors over

Please, not even Japan likes Gaiden.
It's not just waifufags, it's the game itself. I'll condone that some amount of flak is from Awakening babbies, especially in the west, but Gaiden is not a good FE.
>>I can't grind out my units so that they curbstomp the game?
>I didn't play Gaiden: the bullet point

Bait harder young memester.

>all this triggering you generated

>Buy my game!

You forgot to add that faggot.

I've seen Game Informer claim that Awakening owes it's success to "smart decisions" like adding Phoenix Mode. How anyone could consider THAT a good thing baffles me to no end.

How is 83 a low score, you nincompoop?

Good lord, I haven't seen such bait in a long time.

>clickbait Youtubers capitalize on easy thumbnails

and water is wet

christ

Phoenix Mode? Is that the option to not have perma-death that I never used? (Not that anyone died anyway.)

>real fire emblem
Dude, the series changes every generation. Are the SNES games not a real FE? What about GBA/GCN FEs?

Also, since when is 83 a low score? Clearly you were born post-1999 if you think 83 is bad. Waifushit was bad, but come on.

>add a feature that doesn't force the game to play any differently

Holy shit, I'm tired of you retards. Why would you complain about something you don't have to use? I bet you faggots don't even play on Lunatic.

Phoenix mode is the mode where your units get revived at the start of your next turn and your only failure state is that literally all of your units are wiped in a single turn.
It was added for the people who wanted to play Fates for story only. Why would someone want to play Fates for the story I don't know.

I was quoting the reviewer.

It's worse than I thought.

Jesus H. Christ, why would anyone praise such casual shit?

>We will never get GCN FE again

I'm sad man.

I second that.

Gaiden is the worst FE and the remake is like Shadow Dragon in that it doesn't fix enough of the flaws.

I don't understand. What is actually the point of this? How can you not beat a FE level if all your units are allowed to die? What the fuck?

The only difficulty in FE comes from permadeath.

Go back.

Japan really hated the Tellius games for some reason, and that coupled with the fact that the DS FE games also kinda bombed (especially in the west, but that was kind of expected) almost doomed the series.

you first

>Japs hated Tellius

That makes no sense though, because Ike is the most popular FE male even in Japan. Are you sure they didn't just increase sales expectations and sales did not increase along with it?

>meme and reddit
i will never understand the appeal of these manchild cartoons

What is wrong with reddit? That place seems like a more diverse and friendly version of Sup Forums
reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6bhd52/harvest_moon_is_heading_to_switch_and_pc_for_the/
People are friendly and nice in link related, why can't we be more like them?

t. weeb

use more memewords next time :)

It deprives casuals the satisfaction of overcoming a challenge. Birthright outsold Conquest for a reason; when given the option most people will gladly take the easy way out. When they beat a game like this with ease, they'll expect the next one to be just as easy (if not easier) as evidenced by shit like this Besides, Casual Mode exists for a reason. If they can't even handle that, then this isn't the franchise and/or genre for them.

The concept of growing out of things is a lie. If you enjoy something as a child, you are going to pretty much enjoy it your entire life as long as whatever it is grows along with your taste.

In the case of cartoons, must adults don't dislike children's cartoons (they even watch them with their children occasionally) but if you cater a cartoon towards them, they will like it.

If this was not true, then trends would not change generationally. We are all byproducts of the shit we liked when we were kids.

>n-no u
Typical redditcancer response.

im not even into anime shit
but these neckbeard cartoon shows are legit fucking cancer. like, getting close to MLP or furry tier cancerous. steven universe, rick and morty, adventure time, all this garbage doesnt belong here.

>Although the Tellius Series games were fairly well received by reviewers worldwide and fans overseas, in Japan it was found to be the least popular of the Fire Emblem settings; multiple sales tracking sources confirm that both games struggled to break 150,000 unit sales during their respective print runs in Japan. Many characters from the setting, including Ike, tend to fare poorly in character ranking polls in Japan as well.

I have no way to confirm or deny this though, so take it with a grain of salt. SoV also sold around 132k in Japan for what it's worth, but FE is a huge series now thanks to Awakening, so they didn't expect much more (that 132k was 80% of the initial shipment). It'll probably sell less in the west, considering the DLC costs more than the fucking game, amiibo locked content, and the fact that Gaiden itself is not a good game on it's own and it's nothing like Awakening or Fates won't help.

>getting triggerd by a tv show
>all this garbage doesnt belong here
do you need a safespace sweetie?

Rick and Morty containment board when?

this shit isn't "catering to adults" lmao, it's catering to cringy autists and manchildren.
>ugly as fuck art style
>garbage randumb humor
>ridiculous nonsense plot
>generally oozing with redditor attitude

you must be a sad sad person, I feel sorry for you

>83
>low

Jej

We are them, the fuck you talking about?

I agree, and animeposters such as yourself need to leave as well.

These posts are weird since you can tell the person is caught up in the idea that they need to conduct themselves in a perfectly Sup Forums accepted manner at all times.

Proper individuals don't give a fuck how other people act and ignore "cringeworthy" stuff instead of obsessing over how other people should act differently.

>We
Speak for yourself faggot.

>83 is low

It could have gotten 99 and you still would complain.

Metacritic threads are the ultimate cancer.

>Why such a low score?
>83
Anyways, just give me my 4/5 remakes already.

See! Told yah! Reddit.

83 is low, especially since Nintendo is paying for reviews

Better than Prey lol.

It should be a global rule to not post this faggotry outside of Sup Forums desu. It's just as cringy as ponyshit.

And if it was a game you liked you'd post "insert company here BTFO"

Go fuck yourself you mongoloid. You're cancer.

>I need my safespace!

Will you just post this picture in every thread now?

Until E3

>83
>Low score

OP confirmed for faggot.

>real Fire Emblem

Real FEs don't allow grinding (like 8 and 13). E:SOV allows players to grind in the dungeons like they're retarded bottom-feeder RPG players (like Disgaea and Final Fantasy).

If you're not rationing EXP, you're not playing FE.

Better than a decent game. I'm okay with this.

Dungeons don't scale right? I only grinded supports in Awakening and Fates using lvl 1 enemies and wish to do the same in Echoes.

>Dungeons don't scale right?

Not sure, going off secondhand knowledge from GI

gameinformer.com/games/fire_emblem_echoes_shadows_of_valentia/b/3ds/archive/2017/05/16/welcome-to-the-grindhouse.aspx

>Real FEs don't allow grinding
So every FE except Tellius isn't a real Fire Emblem because the arena exists. Good logic.

Arena is limited hombre. Besides, you're not going to be grinding that unless you have savestates.

I'm not sure you know what grinding is

That's the point. It panders to people who are in it just for the characters and the story (read: waifufags) without having any of that pesky gameplay ruin their fun.

It's only limited in Genealogy and can still be classified as grinding. Your second points is irrelevant, grinding is perfectly possible without savestates.
So you've never seen someone post about how they've grinded up their units to 20/20 with the arena in that gaiden chapter of FE7, or FE6. Plenty of shitters use it to grind but that doesn't mean they're not "real FEs."

Echoes wasn't intended to sell a lot in the first place. This is just like Sacred Stones, a game to get one last use out of the assets that they made for the console to make a quick buck to feed the upcoming console release.

It's gone up to 84 lads. OP BTFO!