Post your controversial gaming opinions

Post your controversial gaming opinions.

I would rather have Retro make another Donkey Kong Country than another Metroid Prime.

Kirby games aren't that good.

I played through Paper Mario 64 and found it kind of a chore. No idea why people here hold it up as some kind of turn-based RPG Holy Grail.

I'd rather have Rare make Donkey Kong 64-2

Mario kart wii is the second best game in the franchise, and all of its problems can also apply to 8

Bloodborne is overrated

Grabbed by the Ghoulies was good. GOOD

Golden Sun is a very good game, as is its sequel.

Overwatch is a good game.

Dark Souls 2 was a perfectly fine game.

Heroes of the Storm is fun

It absolutely was not

Kirby has always felt shitty to control to me.

Super Paper Mario was better than Thousand Year Door. The non-RPG thing let me move along in the story at a faster pace and the story itself is the best of any Mario game, ever.

he said controversial.

Rare was an overrated developer.

Conker's Bad Fur day isn't funny anymore. Maybe it was funny once upon a time, but not anymore.

I enjoy playing weeb games on my vita.

>The Dark Souls series is just average at best
>Steam is doing more harm than good to the gaming industry
>Character-based team shooters like TF2 and Overwatch are garbage
>Shadow of the Colossus needs a direct sequel
>I want a Hexen reboot

Kero Blaster is more fun than Cave Story.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time was the best M&L game. The items didn't take a fucking year to clear their attack animations, the story and writing is the best in the series, and anyone who couldn't navigate four buttons to jump need to git gud. Also, there should absolutely be a sequel, but set in the future.

That's not controversial.

Fuck Metroid fans.

>Xenoblade Chronicles is trash
>The sequel,, X, has much better music
>Skyward Sword is better than Breath of the Wild

Kino Splash is better than The Thousand Year Whore

I like using Reno Jackson

I really have to play through TTYD again before I decide. I really like both, but I do think I agree with you.

Literally figuratively this.

>Mario game set in the future
Will never happen, but hell yes

>Cody: " Xenoblade Chornicles, a pre-2010 game, is a SnK ripoff"
what he mean by this

sticker star is fun

Diversity is good. I want my robot protagonists, my skeleton protagonists, my alien protagonists, and my lesbian protagonists.

I want to be Candy.

>no gay skeleton protagonist

>>Character-based team shooters like TF2 and Overwatch are garbage
As much as I love TF2 and dirty bomb, and somewhat overwatch, but just for the Australian duo and mccree, character shooters are actually awful in terms of balancing and can be fucking dreadful to play at times. Shit like cod where you spawn as the same dude but with a different load out is easier to balance.

This is one of the better Zelda games

All the OOT clones (WW, TP, SS are the weakest games in the franchise.

The direct sequels are the best games in the franchise (MM, ALBW) and I really hope we get a sequel to BOTW or the DLC fills that niche.

>Junior, not looking more like his dad

Anyway, I think RTSs didn't die because of MOBAs, they died because no one was making good ones anymore.

WW was a huge disappointment for me because I thought that they were going to continue the hero of time Link's story from MM. The lack of direct sequels in the Zelda series in general is pretty disappointing.

I agree, Kirby games are just OK at best and garbage at worst.

I don't know if it was better than TYD overall but people that say it wasn't a fucking great game most likely haven't played through it and are just butthurt it's not the same RPG style the other games were. And yes it does have the best story of any Mario game, though there's not much competition there.

Sonic Adventure 2 is fucking good.

Fuck you, I thought Sonic Heroes was pretty good. Not fantastic, but I had fun with it.

ps2 is overrated as fuck

The 3D Metroid games are far better than the 2D games, especially Super Metroid.

This

Dreamcast>Gamecube>Who cares?

I don't find them that controversial myself, but I don't hear them a lot so here goes.

>FFXIII and its sequels are miles better than XV.
>Banjo-Kazooie is mediocre and Tooie is shit.
>Skyward Sword is a good game.
>Sonic Heroes is terrible, and worse than Sonic Adventure.

Super is even worse than sticker star

BOTW was kinda bad

I like the idea of Junior being a slightly gentler, more soft spoken version of his dad.

Sonic Adventure is vastly superior to 2.

The only 3D Zelda games I ever liked are Majora's Mask, Breath of the Wild, and Wind Waker, and I only really like Wind Waker for the aesthetics and fucking around exploring the Great Sea, but for exploration BotW blows WW the fuck out of the water anyways so I doubt I'll ever go back to it.

Kirby hasn't had any standout games since Canvas Curse, all the spin-offs after it are straight trash except for Rainbow Curse's soundtrack, Squeak Squad's only redeeming factor is it controls nicely, Return to Dream Land is mediocre straight through, and the 3DS games are both really good in one department each but then range from trash to painfully mediocre in every other area, with the worst part of the last three being the controls feel really poor in all of them even compared to say Kirby 64.

The Galaxy games are the least good 3D Mario titles, being a weak mesh of 64/Sunshine's open course style and the 2D course clear style that 3D Land and World tackled better. But they're still good.

Pretty much all the Pokemon games people say are amazing, like HGSS, Platinum, and BW2, aren't quite that amazing and most of the ones people say are unredeemable shit, like DP and XY, are at least decent. In particular, a common opinion I see of DP being unplayable shit but Platinum being the best in the series comes off to me as a total nonsense statement.

The only good Star Fox is the original on SNES. If they make a new Star Fox again, they should just remake it with the same visual style and everything plus some bonus levels as a download title.

Kirby should've stuck with combination abilities like in Kriby 64 in order to give future games more variety. Imagine combining new abilities to make better ones. They just needed to polish the level design so that it's more than just a straight line, and maybe change up some of the combo moves like the one where Kirby just runs around with his head on fire.

>a common opinion I see of DP being unplayable shit but Platinum being the best in the series comes off to me as a total nonsense statement
Confirmed for literally having no idea why this is the case.

>Kirby 64 controlling good
Your whole post reeks of cancer

Not really an opinion but I never beat Majora's Mask. Beat every other 3D Zelda, but for some reason I had a little trouble getting into the Stone Dungeon or whatever the last one of the four was and just never came back to it.

A Link Between Worlds is not an exceptional game. The datedness of A Link to the Past's design was carried over. I legitimately think that the only reason the game is so well regarded is because people are nostalgic for alttp.

continuing the zelda train, putting permasaves into majora's mask 3d was a good-ass move and saved the game for me

Futaba is unironically best girl to me.

"Old Nintendo" doesn't exist. It's a made up fantasy created by nostalgia.
There is no new or old Nintendo, it's always the same Nintendo. The same Nintendo that makes good games and yet also big mistakes.
They did it in the past, they do it now, they will do them in the future.

>never beat Lttp
>thought ALBW was better
>Lttp did have some lame parts which made like it less like a boss fight where you just mash attack when you enter the room and some dungeons just weren't interesting or were only difficult because of some obtuse puzzles

i like zelda ss a lot

Kirby was never good.

Same

you like fi?
i love it

The worst 3D platformer I ever played is still better than the best 2D platformer I ever played.
The Jak games and Crash: Wrath of Cortex are tied as the worst 3D platformers I've ever played while Tropical Freeze was the best 2D platformer I ever played. This isn't a knock against Tropical Freeze. I just think 3Dplat > 2Dplat.

Puzzle platformers are tied with Metroidvanias as the worst kind of 2D platformer.
Collectathons shouldn't even be classified as platformers.
Sly 3 is the worst in the series. Sly 4 was better than Sly 2. Sly 1 is the best.

Platinum is clearly a notable improvement, with the various changes to enemy teams, wild Pokemon encounter tables, and the additional content. But to call it a 10/10 best entry while DP is a completely unplayable sin on earth astounds me when the core of the game with the usual central mechanics and the game world itself is the same at the end of the day. The speed argument in particular doesn't ring with me, I played both in a row not long ago with it in mind and other than the speed the EXP bar climbs at when receiving large amounts or Surf speed, it felt largely the same. It's definitely not like the jump between any two given generations.

64 already has control issues, aerial movement feels like total garbage in it regardless of whatever intentions they had. The games in the RtDL engine never get as bad as aerial movement in particular is in 64, but everything feels delayed in it. Like it wants to be snappy and hectic like Super Star or the games in the NiDL engine, but they just couldn't get there and never bothered to fix it in the later ones. 64 meanwhile, aerial issues aside, feels like it was made with its slower pace in mind. I could probably word my opinions on this better.

Console gaming is an absolute necessary evil.

Persona 5 is the worst modern Persona game and mostly a disappointment. The most popular girl(Makoto) is the most bland female in the entire series.

Nier is a terrible game with terrible mechanics and gameplay, contrived story, and good music.
I haven't played the sequel.

>I haven't played the sequel.
75% of the people who played the sequel didn't play the first one.

I heard its better but god that game left me upset after I finished it. Like that's it? Fuck man. I'll wait a year or two.

I'm trying to play through DMC1 for the first time right now and it's so fucking dated and not fun, I don't think I can force myself to finish it

A shitty camera in a brawler will do that to you.

Virtual Novels are not games.

Dark Souls 1 is my least favorite game DS game. Haven't played DeS, likely never will; dunno though.
I struggle to play older games like Baldur's Gate and Fallout 1 & 2 because the dated graphics turn me off so bad.
Rocket League is the most unfun game I've ever played tbqh

Pokemon games are fine the way they are. You pick up a Pokemon game to play Pokemon, not something else.

Quest compasses are good.

I believe quest markers serve open world RPGs well. Every time I try to play Morrowind, they give me some vague as fuck directions and I'm on my own. If I wanted to wander around aimlessly for a few hours, I'd go on a walk. I'm not gonna walk around for a half hour to then start playing the game. Quest markers are there as suggestions. You are aware of it on the map, but you can also wander wherever you want to explore, then easily return to the quest at hand

At the same time, quest markers make me feel like a dumb ass a lot of the time. I like when they tell me things like it might be close to this place, or to remind me who gave me the quest. Figuring things out for yourself is an important part of the experience.
In Skyrim especially every quest is often just walk to the little arrow and you will finish the quest. Sometimes you fight bad guys. That totally sucks.

I like Borderlands.

That's not controversial. After Tropical Freeze I also hope they are working on more DK, especially if David Wise comes back to do the music.

Yeah, I feel you. There's definitely a healthy midpoint that needs to be reached with quest markers, with discretion placed on "Will this player really need this objective stated to them?". I just lose interest very quickly when I have no clue where I am, but you could also chalk that up to the oftentimes dated graphics of games that do not use markers. I'm a giant autist when it comes to graphics

Grown up BJ is a qt

Adults with jobs can't enjoy collectathons
Sonic Adventure 2 was objectively a fun game
Gran Turismo is a terrible simulator
GameCube controller is comfortable
Nintendo is dead
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was better than the first even without baby groot

That's controversial? Returns is good and Dong Freeze is amazing.

I think that Other M created a lot of artificial demand for a new Metroid game, and that the series simply should have ended with Prime 3.

Why don't people like DK64? Other than the backtracking.

Xillia 2 is the best Tales game. Zestiria is better than Berseria.

>Dong Freeze is amazing.
I think most people on Sup Forums would agree.

SA2 is a GREAT game, and I think almost everyone likes the GameCube controller.

I want Miyamoto to have one more chance at StarFox before he quits for good.
As much of an unmarketable mess Zero was, I still enjoyed the shit out of it overall. If its sequel had an original story and controls that don't encourage schizophrenia, it could be the best fucking game in the franchise.
So yeah, StarFox Switch and Pikmin 4. I want him to at least make those before he truly retires.

It has some of the best and worst moments from the franchise in the same game. While the good moments are memorable its hard to call it good all the way through

PC gaming is dog shit in every aspect

Mario & Luigi series>Paper Mario series

Collect-a-thon platformers are for autists. It's a shit genre and it died for a reason.

Online gaming is a waste of time

atmosphere(nostalgia)

Dark Souls 2 is good
Destiny is fun
Old games with dice based combat are all bad, no exception

Sun and moon are the best games in the series

Halo: Reach has the best multiplayer in the series

t. Shooter shitter

I liked DS2 as well, especially multiplayer, it has the best MP in the series

Old school wrpgs like planescape, Baldur's gate and Fallout have aged horribly and are pretty bad in all honesty.

OSRS is better than any mmorpg released in recent years. It has so much soul and it's so comfy. I only picked it up for the first time last year so I'm not nostalgic over it

Most of the Dark Souls boss fights suck. Bed of Chaos is one of my favorites.

Game franchises are a flawed concept, and game designers shouldn't make "Mario X" or "X with Y" or "The Dark Souls of X". Games should be games. We don't have Baseball II or Monopoly II. Baseball isn't "The Soccer of America".

Blind loyalty to anything because it's got the name of something else you like on it is completely stupid