Want to replay nier automata

>want to replay nier automata
>remember the flying segments

Those are great you tasteless fuck.

>literally facehugging enemies while spamming the melee button
>great

>great
They were incredibly boring. I'm surprised they didn't add at least a single boss that is actually Bullet Hell Tier.

>remember 2d or top view segments

Or you could, you know, shoot them.

Eh, they weren't outstanding. Cool experimentally and made for interesting levels in context, but as far as the mechanics go for the genre about as bog standard as you can get and not exceptionally difficulty either.

and make the obviously watered down SHMUP attempt of a segment last longer?

>they weren't hard
>they don't last too long

What exactly is your problem?

>remember literally everything being tedious and boring

Equip the chip that restores health for each kill.
Makes those sections actually enjoyable even if you are not that good at shooting games.

This
For every nugget of goodness, the game has a millio moments of boredom

Theres no salvaging those sections. The Eve boss fight had more exciting shmup mechanics than the actual ones

>remember I already finished it twice over on two platforms and should probably play something else now
>go replay nier instead

Contrarianism is a disease.

Your standards are skewed beyond repair if you honestly think Nier Automata's gameplay was boring or tedious. It's not MGR but it's way above the current standard.

I got tired of fighting at one point and wished the game would play itself so I could just experience the cutscenes and move on. The game can get tedious and boring when all you do is spam dodge, attack, and shoot until everything dies.

>>>they weren't hard
and yes they are not just a few optional minigames, they last quite a bit
>if you are not that good at shooting games.
are you guys shitting me? you can erase bullets with a spammable melee attack. How can anyone ever think those parts were hard?

nah, it was pretty bland all around

I enjoyed those sections, no idea what's your personal vendetta about those sections but if you were able to enjoy the shmup mechanics of Eve then why can't you enjoy the actual shmup sections.

> Using melee when shooting is both more rewarding and fun

You're an idiot

Guess what, there is a difficulty level introduced in the game just for you, no excuse.

it was though. it was fun for like 20 minutes until you realize you can just mash dodge with no skill required.

every quest is a fetch quest, and route B is even more tedious if you can believe that shit.

I love the "it's fun if you handicap yourself" meme

What do you mean by that? Are you talking about Easy Mode? I'm aware that there's an easy mode, but it just sheds light on how boring combat can be if they put in a feature that lets the game play itself.

user every action game is "Dodge and attack until everything dies".

The combat feels satisfying enough to carry itself throughout the game.

It wasn't though.

It wasn't though.

I agree with the quests criticism and Route B could have been improved and is by far the worst part of the game, but still, calling Automata "boring" is absurd.

If you truly feel Automata is boring I don't have any idea how you can have any fun in this industry because your standards are beyond retarded.

>It wasn't though.
damn you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

>quite a bit
Aside from the prologue ones I don't really see them ever overstaying their welcome, and I only hate that part because I replayed it a dozen+ times.
I mean I wish we fought the giant seamachine on foot or in some other form as well but thats still just one easy bossfight.

It seems to me you are just out of ideas on what to hate the game for, probably because you keep making these threads every day.

Except I present two points in the reply.

Learn to read.

>tfw I played through the entire game without knowing you could melee during those shmup sections

>and I only hate that part because I replayed it a dozen+ times.
so you agree with me then, why are you even arguing me
and no, first time I made a nier thread, I like the game

> personal Vendetta
Its not a personal Vendetta. They were just the most boring part of the game to play because there was nit nearly enough projectiles or patterns to learn.

Are you saying you replayed the entire game 12+ times and its bad because you can't enjoy it anymore?

Because then yes, I agree with you, you dumb retard.

>Are you saying you replayed the entire game 12+ times and its bad because you can't enjoy it anymore?
I'm saying, as I implied in the op, that replaying it again would not be as fun, something you also think
>Because then yes, I agree with you, you dumb retard.
Cool that we agree I guess

No, we only agree if you think replaying once and replayin 12+ times will be the same.

Do you think that? that 12+~ = 2?
Think carefully about this.

Yeah, and it was great, you tasteless faggot.

>SHMUP for babbies segment was great
found the casual!

>nierfags never played Astebreed

From the thumb-nail I thought this was Zelda.

Then I opened the pic and saw its one of a diamond dozen shooter games. Really makes you appreciate the art direction of a good game.

Just go back to your soul threads, there there are other people that only cares about "hardcore" shit for "hardcore" players such themselves.

>Got Ending E last night
>Chose to sacrifice my data
>Don't see myself ever playing through all that again

I'm not sure if I made the right choice

>user every action game is "Dodge and attack until everything dies".

Good action games either require skill or at least reward you for demonstrating it. There's no need to lie on an internet message board to defend a flawed part of an otherwise great game.

You think that replaying those parts are boring, it doesn't matter if 2 or twelve since you don't mind replaying the rest of the game 4354325435 times.

If you really did replay nier 12 times you have other problems though.

If you aren't going to play through it again, then there was no reason to keep the save data either. If anything, you've saved yourself from the temptation of 100%ing the game, which is an exercise in autism.

Every part is "that" part in Nier tomato

I'm replaying Nier and I'm puzzled, I played on normal the first playthrough and I'm playing on hard at the moment, but the game is unbalanced as fuck, I literally died

this. I did it for the theatrical effect and now I'm stuck with

Deadly Heal makes them a chore to play, because there is no skill involved.
>inb4 don't equip it then!!

I haven't played it on hard, but the obvious answer is start properly setting up the chips, make 3 sets for 3 different situations.

Holding down shoot and spamming melee is the best way to do it

>actually replay nier automata
>remember the ending

try to get through the prologue on hard and come back.

>tfw i nearly was that guy

I'm doing exactly this on hard. currently 15 hours in and just beat A2. How far am I gone?

>inb4 don't equip it then!!
If you know the answer why are you asking? Most of the chips are cleraly there to help players that need support, you don't need support don't use them. Or just don't fuse them and use the lower level ones, you whiny dumbass.
I swear, almost every fucking time someone make a not generic and detailed critic to the combat it amost always ends up to be something stupid or superficial or both.

If you aren't having fun it can't be the best way by definition. And that's called cheesing in any case.

What character are you playing

t. played on normal

Try playing on higher difficulties where you often get one-shotted. Wanna know how fun it is when the camera starts sperging out in the middle of a bullet hell where a single hit kills you?

Not fun at all. The camera moving about may look really cool, but it's a fucking pain on higher difficulty.

2B

But the prologue alone is bullshit. You get oneshotted by the boss and you have to replay the whole thing, SINCE THE BEGINNING. Took me 5-6 tries, them alone were like 4 hours. I am doing all the sidequests as well.

>those fucking leviathan segments where you need to destroy the EMP shields and the camera is deliberately obtuse.

You are around 30 or 40% through the entire game

I wanted to replay it as well, but then I remembered, that Taro killed Toobie, Nines, Operator 60, entire Yorha, made Pascal insane, killed Adam and Eve for no reason, added stupid alien plot and added, killed A2 for reasons unknown. And icing on the cake was that cliffhanger ending E, where apparently only 2b wakes up only to from grief. Fuck Taro, seriously.

Yes, I'm starting to hate this as well. Normal is where the game should be played at. No wonder it even says so. It's too easy though... you can literally facetank everything

die*

> he doesnt know that the concert script was fake

You didn't actually watch the concert, did you user?

>Want to replay Nier Automata
>Remember I haven't even played it
>Remember I don't have money to buy it
>Remember I will not have money to buy it any soon

Kind of. I'm skipping every bit of dialogue and/or cutscene. My plan is to 100% the game

He changed the ending in the last minute and had the entire audience of the concert sing Weight of the World to ressurect 9S

I did that, during the first hour. Then I tried to find ways to properly use the combat and I had a lot of fun. Yeah, such fast paced combat can make you want to play like a reactive idiot. Just don't do that, think about your moves fast but not reactively, test shit and movesets and choose what you like, and suddenly the game is infinitely better than how the haters want to make it look.

Tell me your steam ID, also, don't browse these threads for spoilers!

>there was a small remark "we might change the parts of performance depending on actors available" inside the concert script too
>nobody took it seriously
>suddenly 9S VA showed up in a middle of script 5

PIRATE IT
I
R
A
T
E

I
T

This entire game was hurt by being too fucking easy. It's really jarring to have your characters look all defeated and hurt in cutscenes or dialogue when you're absolutely wrecking everything instead. It's like those threads:
>beat the shit out of a boss
>cutscene triggers and the party is barely alive

The entire game is like this.

>Remember it's a shit game propped up by desperate incel weebs

I was entirely expecting for 9S VA to show up since it sounded so outlandish that of all characters 9S VA wouldn't appear.

>80% of the concert script wouldn't be able to be told

Just defeated simone on hard

A2 I'm ony way

>hurr just break the law durrr

Nah, it was specifically stated that he's not acting in part 5. He even said farewell at the end of act 4.

To be fair, the segments with shitty camera weren't that many.

Where did the game want to go with the gameplay? It's all genres mashed in one game, its a mess.

fuck Simone dude... Adam/Eve is worse IMO. A2 isn't particularly hard. Her charge and heavy hits oneshots you, so you gotta learn how to time your dodges.

Just wonder if you are underage. How the hell a man can't afford at least 60 bucks? How the hell you can't even buy particular game with that minimum range?

How can one have a financial problem in this level. What the hell dude

Digital copy sharing is not theft.

Not everyone lives in 1st world country...

But my point was I'm on my way to play as A2..

I said ''yes'' to pod 42.. A2 ;_;

>remember the hacking segments
>remember the braindead boring combat segments
This game is 6/10, one of the worst in P* collection. At least OST is god-tier.

Is there a video of the concert?

>friend goes apeshit over the SHMUP segments
>claims how good they are
>is a huge SHMUP fan and a veteran
>get to those parts myself
>super easy and boring compared to SHMUPs ive played
>always kill the enemies before they have a chance to accumulate on screen
>have to wait 3mintues at a time for the game to continue because I already killed everything

He didn't say it as theft, he said it was illegal.

Which it is.

Is it though?

In most countries, yes.

Try Drakengard OP

You know, I'll probably play the game again on hard only to fight against simone again. Shit was wonderful from any point of view, gameplay, atmosphere, backstory, everything.
>that after fight scene in route b.

Well, I think it's clear that the point of this game is exactly mashing up genres without being specialized in a single one, and it's one of reasons why some people liked it a lot and it's the same reason why other people didn't like it at all. Like Platinum fags bitching about it not being bayonetta, shmup fags bitching about it not being HARDCORE, and so on.
Personally I think the result is more than the sum of the parts, and the parts themselves were at the least good and fun. It's not something that wannabe harcore fags can like since many part can be cheesed.

DON'T DO THIS IT ACTUALLY PRODUCES SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

meant for

>If you truly feel Automata is boring I don't have any idea how you can have any fun in this industry because your standards are beyond retarded.
On Wii U I have NG3RE, Bayo 1-2, Wonderful 101, Devil's Third. All the games better than NieR in terms of shooting/hack'n'slash mechanics.

If someone does not know NieR is carbon copy of Transformers - low-budget Activision game from Platinum. Weapon system, chips system, etc. Funny enough that Transformers is way more engaging and have better bossfights than NieR.

fuck these fucking missions why do they exist

Don't be this meany user. Taro got a pretry small budget anyway and besides, at the end he kinda developed this game pretty severely good. He could make the combat more cuhrayzee or interesting in his next project or entirely different combat style than hack n slash

One of my major complains of this game is how repetitive it got in the next routes since it's a small world and without getting new environments or zones it would be annoying. At least we got the tower segment, the end game segment

Right now just enjoy it for the girls

Also this game is 7/10 for me at least

By the way, watched some of the 2b in japanese on YT. Am I the only one, who thinks, that her japanese voice kinda was better, softer, even sexier?

>NG3RE
>Devils Third
I will forever ignore the opinion on anyone naming these steaming pile of shits. Fuck you cookieman you piece of shit.