Doesn't Sup Forums like racing games?

Doesn't Sup Forums like racing games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jAnmbBP0EmU
youtube.com/watch?v=LihYqP_Fs00&t=1m=40s
youtube.com/watch?v=bYjMINXGxKk
youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do. Besides my select few rpgs, racing games is where i put most of my gaming hours. GT Sport when? Also whats a good current rally game?

>Also whats a good current rally game?

Dirt Rally is probably the best one besides Richards Burns Rally.

This one is my favorite

Sure, but I like train games a little more.

>Want to race
>Mate just wants to go as fast as possible and run into things

I'm looking forward to Project Cars 2, I really enjoyed the first one, just wished it had more cars and better AI

The problem with the amount of cars is that since every car requires a license and they're really expensive you won't see a big selection of cars outside shit like Forza or Gran Turismo, well maybe Assetto Corsa aswell if you consider modded cars too.

GAS GAS GAS

my nigga

>try dirt on the free weekend
>car doesn't turn left or right at 80kph
people who make racing games haven't drive a car in their fucking life

When the fuck do trains stop for cars?

Does anyone think gt sport will get a respectable car roster?? It looks like they are focusing on race prepped and exotics for online play... I'm not good enough to have a ton of fun racing people online. I just want to build a collection of childhood favorite cars, cars I used to own or want to have and have a fun enough career mode

Type 4 is still one of my favorite racing games.

>I'm looking forward to Project Cars 2, I really enjoyed the first one, just wished it had more cars and better AI
I wonder who's behind this post

Depends. Is this a racing game?

Well it has rallycross

I think there's a bigger chance you haven't drive a rally car in your life.

Why do they just make fake cars and call them concept cars?

City trams have to respect signal lights too.

What exactly do you mean?

gran turismo 3
gran turismo 4
GRID
burnout 3
burnout revenge
NFSU
NFSMW 2005

10/10 taste there user, nice job

you right , never used a rally car ever
i have a golf 4 and it turns left or right at 80kph without problems

Not enough cars in some games because they cost money to license. It would be cheaper to make sports car models that don't exist in real life and call them "concept" cars.

forgot to add project gotham racing 3 to the list

golf 4 bro!
1.8T?

I like arcade racing games. Can't stand sim racers for shit, any amount of sim makes me not enjoy the game.

The point isn't 'rally car', the point is loose gravel/dirt/mud/sand

>Golf
>not Polo

plebs

What are your favourite arcade racing games then, Redout? NFS?

1.6 and blue
i've crashed 2 times and bended the chassis both times

He's probably a Burnout fan. Fucking secondaries.

Best arcade racing game coming through

The new Flatout is alright for a couple of hours. It's nowhere near as fun as 2, but still much better than 3.

lel go home engine-let

>make sports car models that don't exist
If you make too many fake cars, eventually there's going to be something similar to actual cars and might ran the risk of getting sued. Happened once with GTA.

If they can make plentiful of entirely original cars, they might as well make a whole tons of money by working with actual car manufacturers instead of making games.

Either way, the gamers will lose.

youtube.com/watch?v=jAnmbBP0EmU
youtube.com/watch?v=LihYqP_Fs00&t=1m=40s

I just want a game where I can be a co driver, give calls and make the other person rage quit.

Need For Speed is a perfect example of a game that people call an arcade racer that is still way too sim for my liking. I like Outrun 2, Daytona, the Sega racing games basically, Ridge Racer, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=bYjMINXGxKk

>Happened once with GTA.
When was this? Pretty much all of GTA's cars have always been directly based off real vehicles, sometimes with the front or ass ends switched around but still easily identifiable.

This one always crack me up

youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw

Wipeout's out next month.

It was one of the sport car in GTA4. I can't remember which one since it was released 9 years ago.

I also read in a mag interview where Rockstar started hiring actual pro car designer for GTA5 to avoid this issue.

No, I love them.
I beat Sega GT yesterday in fact.
It's a good Gran Turism clone and the build-your-own-car option is quite appreciable, but the game is pretty repetitive and controls become outright horrendous during the later parts of the game where you control the fastest cars. Also the physics are kinda fucked.

>No Forza
>No Midnight Club 3

Auto Modellista was amazing, it's a shame barely anybody remembers about it.

Did you know the "Dakar" rally no longer takes place in Dakar, or Africa, because of Islamic terrorism?

It's now in South America or some other irrelevant place

Is a shame we don't have more cell shaded racers.
Will cell shading ever make a comeback? Or was it a thing of the time with what technology was availble?

Had a blast with split/second.

only some Arcade games.

1st place:
>name is some variation of an italian race car driver
>driving a classic racing car
2nd and 3rd place, competing:
>SamuraiDurifto in a Toyota
>JohnMosesBrowningJesus in a muscle car
4th place:
>JustMemeMyShitUp in a whatever is a meta car or an absolute shitbox no one should rightly drive
5th place:
>dudebro driving a lambo or whatever is popular with rappers
This is my collective experience with all racing games online, it never changes unless a game doesn't have a wide selection of cars to make this possible

Make sense, since its hard sell for a Dakar game without freakin Dakar.
Full-blown modern day Dakar games would be amazing since we now we got real satellite 3D data to recreate 10000 kilometers of race track. Even if they can't get the data, modern procedural mapping could fill up those empty patches easily.

1. It was called Paris-Dakar Rally and that was because the rally took place from Paris to Dakar, eventually they changed the place but kept the name for brand recognition, kind of like how Rock in Rio went to Lisboa, Madrid and USA but they never dropped the "Rio" in the name.
2. Nobody gives a shit about Dakar anymore because watching endurance racing is not fun, WRC is where the real monsters are.
3. OP's pic is from the the 1998 WRC and was taken in the Safari Rally, Kenya when it was still part of the WRC.

do you want me to dump my GT4 images?

sure, why not?

ok

Faggot in the Celica rammed me when my tail slipped

my starter car

only racing/driving games i play are GTA, no joke. there's something special about driving around in those games
bought a need for speed game a few years ago but didn't really like it

I loved GT4 back in the day. Shame there's no modern equivalent.

Some one on /ovg/ was working on a mod for Assetto Corsa which would have added in a GT style career and car tuning to it. The developer whined about it so he stopped. Its a shame really the idea sounds fun

did the japs just bring some african tribesmen to mt. fuji for some reason?

what's the story behind this pic?

>The developer whined about it so he stopped

That's strange, why would the devs complain about it? From what I can tell Kunos has always been open minded about the modding community.

Something to do with him editing the physics of their cars

There's a place on Earth called Kenya, it's in Africa, that's where the picture was taken, sounds pretty crazy right?

I miss playing split screen blur with my high school friends.
we arent friends anymore.
:^(

But there are numerous tuning mods for AC already, why would one similar to GT trigger the devs so much?

I love racing games but most racing games Ive tried these days are no fun allowed anymore. too concerned with being "realistic" than being fun.

I miss 90's racers. even the realistic ones were still fun, and not overglorified simulators.

Driveclub was very very close to being great, but they had that stupid penalty system that absolutely ruined the game. Aside from the on disc locked DLC content that taunts you in the menu

there are modern racing games?

What do you think of this?
I liked the first one, too bad it was a grindfest and the open world servers only hosted like 6 people when it was supossed to be some kind of mmo.

when the fuck is horizon 3 going on sale I just wanna play a good open world arcade racer

No way. Fag.

I JUST WANT A STRAIGHT HD PORT

i couldnt play the first one
dropped to 20 fps with a gtx 1070
strange

be wary. wait for platinum1 players to chime in about its issues. There will definitely be issues. Whether they're tolerable or "do-not-buy" bad remains to be seen.

I think it's pretty shameful for Ubisoft to release a sequel instead of fixing all the shit in first game before.

It was 40% off like a week ago., looks like you missed.

Dolphin exists.

Dirt 4 in 2 weeks is my most hyped game right now. Pulled out Dirt Rally with my G27 recently for fun.

I like the first one only because you can visit every major us city and go on massive cross country drives. Not much to compare it to on ps4 unfortunately.
The car handling isnt super great and the progression and customization is pure shit. Hopefully 2 is less of an mmo and improves that handling. But its ubisoft so im not expecting it.

$10 that it takes place in europe though.

Is that actually a thing? I did like the first one a lot, the road tripping and car tuning was fun as hell, but the mountain of flaws really kept it down. The story was dumb and annoying, the radio had some actually really good music in it but far too little of it (reusing songs between multiple stations didn't really help disguse it), the much-vaunted multiplayer component was fiddly and wonky at best, they missed the mark on actually having missions where you can choose the spec to bring to a mission and have multiple ways to finish it (like the E3 demo), and the night time is fucking asscancer to actually drive in.

Is anybody here going to play Dirt 4? Releases in 3 weeks apparently.

is dirt rally playable with x360 controller?
I only have an ancient PS2 era steering wheel

>Intel HD
Not on my machine.

Yeah, never tried playing online but I can beat the AI on Master just fine using an Xbox 360 controller, just make sure to disable all assists, you don't need any of that shit.

last one

>mfw GTA V with the realistic driving mod but in LA

Have you actually tried it? Dolphin is a programming wizard-box.