New servers seem to be in California

>new servers seem to be in California
>connections will now be worse for anyone on east coast
>expected ping increase is about 80-100 from previous location for EU players

guess they really want the EU players to shell out the money for server transfers, huh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MzDfGPTZTrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why were EU players on a NA server?

As a southamerican I am quite happy right now

sometimes people from the EU have friends that aren't from the EU
sometimes friends want to play with friends

Native EU community is so horrible people would rather unsub than to play with them.

Or have half a brain and play on NA.

Also (gasp) people might have friends in NA they want to play with because they've been playing with them for a long time since when Chaos was also in Montreal.

Good.
I'm a west coast fag and i usually have pretty crap ping in game servers

>tfw califag
Eat it nerds

>moving my server from my city to the other side of the coast

Well I guess that makes the resubbing for Stormblood decision an easy call

Talking for myself, because it's the server i've always been on. I got comfortable. Also fuck playing with a bunch of non English speakers, it's been a headache in games i've played before and I don;t have the patience for it anymore.

>living in commiefornia

i'd rather the extra 10 ms of ping

Awesome, can't wait to have worse lag.
>we want the CA audience
>we can connect to the servers easier from our Japan HQ this way

>people actually think the servers will be in Cali

Stop being so stupid

>extra 100 ms of ping
FTFY

>Live in Canada
>Ping is GREAT
Stormblood is going to fucking suck ass

I'm originally a 1.0 player and made friends and still play with them since then, it then became an NA server.

Trabia~

>beautiful ocean all along the coast
>desert
>snowy mountains if you want to ski
>home to some of the best wines in the world
>S.F. if you want a cozy city by the fog with rich culture
>L.A. if you are star struck
>Oakland if you want to die

I don't even play this shitty weeb mmo because it's actually nice enough here to want to go outside I am just a passing cali shitposter good bless

Because the second you read "salut" you might as well abandon the duty.

I lost my sides the day the tank greeted us with "salut" and then followed it with "Just kidding!", but the healer had already left.

Things that never happened

people seem to have tracked the IP of the server and its now hosted somewhere in Cali.

I tracked the IP and it seems to be hosted somewhere in not Cali, so they're wrong.

what if you're wrong?

I'm a l33t hax0r dude, I'm not wrong

what if we're both wrong?

Probably going to be Texas.

looking online for the location of the IP address I get Colorado, Michigan, Texas and Kentucky, none of those are California.

>texas has all that with less taxes, cheaper living, less crime(but if you do have a problem, more guns)

enjoy hollywood i guess

oh and

>SF
>culture

but did you backtrace the ip through all 7 proxies?

So what? I moved to Central America due to job reasons, my ping goes from 150-200 and I play perfectly fine. I can dodge AOEs and hit procs just fine too. This isn't an FPS or an Action game

>expected ping increase is about 80-100 from previous location for EU players
I'm in Spain, will I get better connection since I'm somehow a bit closer?

Please Europeans are the absolute cancer of the earth.

What makes europeans so bad?

>No communication
>No assurance of decent English
>Subhuman countries everywhere
>The odd rusky and roach

Type in Tracert neolobby02.ffxiv.com into your command prompt to see what ping you'll receive from Sacramento (which is were the severs are going to be hosted)

I'm at 99 from Miami

Oh and forgot the French. They're fucking insufferable.

>worried about ping in a 2.5s gcd shitshow

French are the worst aggro casuals who shittalk anyone who says something they don't like or tells them what to do.
>rusky
pls no bully. Most of the cykas that you will meet in ffxiv are adults who speak English, unlike children in dota and csgo.

It will hurt for me, the time it takes already to have a proc highlight the ability on my hotbar is already terrible and i can't play BLM because of it. I play dragoon because of no random procs and the combo system.

Why would they place it on the West Coast? East Coast should cover America just as nicely and give EUs a chance to hook up.

I always wondered what kind of person would post this post over and over in all ffxiv threads. Average WoW player doesn't cares about ffxiv because it's far from wow-killer status, so he has no reason to be THIS insecure and tell us WOW YOU PLAY GAME WITH BIG GCD. I mean really? Thanks for telling me, i've played 2k hours and couldn't've noticed that without your help.

It's like this kind of posts are posted by shills.

Ill take this bait.

Ping matters for boss mechanics as it doesnt matter if youre out of a telegraph area before the animation starts, it matters when the cast ends. If the cast bar hits 0 and you move out then, the ability could have a 10second animation before any damage is dealt, and youll still get hit 5 miles away because XIV's server puts you there at castbar finish.

Basically, proving again that Jap's cant do networks right.

rip Eurofriends

I checked cause it didn't sound right to me and your crime statistic is incorrect based on the census taken last year. California is 31st on the crime index scale with about the national average rate of crime. Texas is ranked 41st which is significantly higher than the average only ten states ahead of it.

There are many things I love about Texas but if you don't think California is better for skiing than Texas you got brain problems. Texas wine does not get imported to every other country in the world.The beaches are actually about on par with each other imo they are underrated. Perhaps Texas has better desert? I didn't spend much time in the desert. It certainly has more desert

You are obviously some sort of hyper-right wing muh liberals nut if you can't enjoy a state because it votes blue.

You do have me on one point. It is cheaper.

>mfw my ping will barely change being in the central part of US
>mfw Euro cucks have to play on their own shitty servers

>good server farms in Atlanta
>and Dallas
>and Austin
>and Nashville
>and Chicago
>"lol nah put em in california!"

Even fucking Phoenix would be better than Commiefornia. What were they thinking?

which data center is being moved?

So don't be in the giant red puddle when it ends? It's not hard.

nobody knows

Aether and one other i think.

where's the source

It'd be rad if they could just keep primal in the east and move aether to West. Just offer everyone one free world transfer with balmung and gilgamesh locked out

are you retarded? even though it looks like you moved the server still shows you at that location.

>yfw filthy Australian gaijin will finally move out of grorius Nippon data center

Reminder that Khloe is the only good Miqo'te.

California is just as far away dude.

Lets list pros and cons of living in California shall we?

>Pro
10 ms less on XIV

>Cons
Literally everything + you live in cali

that'd be nice, yeah

>any miqo'te
>good

>giving a fuck about EU players
do you really want a bunch of muslims playing your game, even if it is casual trash?

C O S T A R I C A
O
S
T
A

R
I
C
A

user, most people here have played the game and know it determines hits at the end of casting, not at an arbitrary point in a 5-second attack animation. That has nothing to do with ping unless you just have shitty reflexes or are trying to avoid the extremely small subset of enemy abilities that give you only a couple tenths of a second of clearance to get out.
It sounds like you're whining about what was more of an issue when bosses had positional checks every .3 seconds, but that was fixed years ago.

no, but i do want my friends who live in the EU to be able to play here.

This. I want all Miqotes lined up and shot

aether eh? nice, now i'll have even less ping though still a lot
going from 300 ping to ~230, i'm happy

>As a retard who can't into making up names, how do you guys do it?
>lodestone
>search for touhou names
>pick one I like

California is still farther away and loaded with much worse players who go to bed earlier, so I kind of doubt it.

>someone with a higher ping than me
From which shithole are you from to have such a huge ping?

Not if they give you a server transfer with bonus items

>Live in MTL

>Have 2 days off from work yesterday and today
>Really want to play FF14
>Forgot about server relocation
>New servers are in fucking cali [citation needed]

This whole thing basically a big fuck you

t. salty pedophilic lala players.

Except it doesn't show them using the attacks until they are mid cast? and when you do move it still shows you in the aoe server side?You do realize that EVERYTHING is delayed? not just moving out of aoes?

>no more gaijin to bully out of my parties

>mfw ping will probably get better here in Brazil

australia
i still cleared endgame raids just fine with it, though i often have to be a lot faster than the game expects of most
reacting to scathach's game of red light green light was painful for the first few weeks

cali life -> florida life ->everywhere else
seriousky those who hate cali our eu shit posters or east coasters who think
>muh east coast best coast seriusly boys five guys is ass in n out beats all hell we have fatmer boys now to
>but mah pizza new york
nobodys gives a shit about rays if its in 1 city and they never expand
cali
>in n out
>nxt to vegas
>great weather
>disneyland
>pod racing
The only downside is living expenses which is why most of you bitch about it if you cant live here without starving for a month well thats why you shit post about cali ima right?

>calling us pedo while defending literal loliposting

>ignoring the part where I also called out the loliposter

Fucking brazilians welcome to the fight for Ala Mhigo

>SF
>Cozy

Again, people here have played the game and know how it works. You having 50 more ping isn't going to radically change how a fight handles. How do I know this? Because I've played it from multiple places with bigger ping differences than that. While there is a perceptible difference, it's mostly macros and gathering where you notice it.

>I freely chose to join a data center on a different continent and now I'm mad about it!
I bet they're on Balmung and complain about the lack of housing, too.

Actually i'm a femroe. Potatoes need to be gassed as well as cats and lizards

>tfw southern chile

I'll take anything at this point

>beautiful
>culture
>anywhere in the US

>two threads
Oh boy.

>China tier gun laws
>worst levels of debt in the union
>Hollywood
>the state periodically burns itself to the ground
>Living on a fault line
>Mexicans

I'll pass

Is this what these threads degenerate into?

Arguing about your location on the planet?

>actually I'm (least player race). (most played races) should be gassed
Every fucking MMO thread

Learn proper english before posting again. I get that Cali is a sanctuary city but at least try and learn the native language.

>Memeroe wants revenge against the popular kids in class

call me surprised

Did they move every server to Cali? They didn't leave a single one in Canada?

guess so. i just wanted to complain that my friends will have to transfer out of the server because of this.

Server location is the hot topic today, friend.

They're gonna force us to /vg/ anytime now.

yes

Mainly because of the type of people they attract. Granted I guess I shouldn't complain seeing as how I can't talk to anyone anyway.

What's up, Ethys? Having fun basically copying VaatiVidya's Youtube career?

So we can expect servers to go down with each and every earthquake?

I'm not sure where people are getting this Cali stuff from. I think it's just people stirring shit. No one actually knows and has proof of where they're going to be located.

east coast here
unsubbing

>people somehow find this funny

youtube.com/watch?v=MzDfGPTZTrg

Get a new patron yet?

>China tier gun laws
u wot mate
>worst levels of debt in the union
i dont understand
>Hollywood
Pirate movies talk shit on Hollywood
>the state periodically burns itself to the ground
only happens on mountain dry regions usally the most expenseve parts of cali your not that rich right user?
>Living on a fault line
not waiting for the biggest loot day ever
>Mexicans
littealy fucken everwhere