The great debate

the great debate

is fun just a buzzword? the answer is yes, but feel free to post your wrong opinions ITT

>laughed at him in that thread
>now I actually agree

I'm sorry user.

i think the biggest problem is he just communicated the idea poorly

We was 1000% correct. I agreed then and I agree now. Never understood the dogpile.

>is fun just a buzzword?
No. "Fun" is a symptom, not a quality itself, so it's less useful than other information, but it still imparts non-zero information.

Ineffable qualities are still qualities. Sure it's a buzzword in a sense, but it's not invalid as a reason for liking something.

>nu-Sup Forums unironically agrees with anti-fun guy now

This board I swear to god.

Well it's more that being "fun" isn't enough detail. What makes it fun? The combat? The soundtrack? Tone? It's not wrong to say something is fun, but it is useless in a discussion unless you explain the qualities that made it fun for you.

A game being fun is a result of the other qualities such as gameplay or features being good. A game cannot be fun out of thin air.

Rip fun

if I like playing it, do I really have to explain why?

Lol that guy ripped a joke post from r/gamingcirclejerk and posted it pretending to be serious.

You have misunderstood what he was saying, I think.
The point isn't that "fun is bad" or "you can't like a game because you find it fun" or any shit like that, it's that saying "[game] is fun!" is completely worthless in a discussion.
Why do you find something fun? If you're not willing to explain, not willing to discuss in a discussion, then fuck off.

Only if you're looking for meaningful discussion.

I agree with him, the fact that so many people misunderstood him shows how underage this board is.

>there are people on Sup Forums who don't know the context of the third picture in the screencap

I've had fun dicking about with glitches in games, none of the individual qualities that comprised of the fun I was having were good qualities. It was an indecipherable conflux of things including my personal mental state at the time that made it fun.

I can't give you the reason why it was fun at the time, it's not guaranteed to be fun again, it's the crux of the word. It's not always a measure of good input = fun.

"dicking around with glitches" is at least something

"fuck you i had fun" is the epitome of "not an argument"

JUST PROVIDE YOUR POST HOC RATIONALIZATION TO JUSTIFY THE FUN YOU FELT YOU HAD, FAGGOT

WE'D ALL DO IT FOR YOU

'Fun' is why the MOBA genre was allowed to exist.
To hell with fun.
Games should try to be engaging and satisfying.

Does anyone have the screencap of the user that accuses another user of not really having fun, just "fake fun"?

>Games should try to be engaging and satisfying.
That's basically synonymous with "fun", you moron.

It's not a buzzword; it's just not very helpful. "It's fun" doesn't really tell me anything. Fun is subjective. Telling me WHY something is fun is much more useful, since I can then decide whether or not I personally might find it fun.