Fix this game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R9b788FGQ2U
youtube.com/watch?v=Qa503BURsCo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's on sale on Xbox Live.

You can thank me later

increase character speed by 100% and/or make some levels smaller

make the countless caves/holes that lead to other areas more unique from eachother

Condense the levels, and make it so you can get all jiggies in a level in your first visit. Fuck backtracking.

I could play it on pj64 at 60fps if that's so.

The XBLA version basically fixes absolutely everything wrong with it.

I suppose the one thing they should have done was not put the notes into nests, and instead fill the larger empty worlds with collectibles.

Get rid of Grunty Industries.

This. I was hoping they would bring back the design of Kazooie in Yooka Laylee, but they went the other way with it.

No backtracking

Its better than Kazooie

Delete cloud cuckooland

>I don't like having to think

Did you try calling the number on the back of the cartridge?

Its not as bad as that shitty factory level

Smaller levels.

That's it.

Resize the main area of terrydactyland and we' re good.

Make trannsformation more useful than for just reaching one jiggy.

You start with all abilities
No need to backtrack
Make all levels smaller and compactified than open huge sprawling environments.

*Shoots Canary Mary*

Shrink the worlds and double the amount.

Remove Notes in groups of 5, make them individual again and put some in harder-to-reach or tricky places. They were way too easy to collect in Tooie.

-make grunty rhyme again.
-go back to the old notes system where there's a shitload instead of 17.
-cut back on some back tracking if possible. it's the game's major flaw.
-finish bottles revenge mode.
-add a new world so we can get the final 10 jiggies to add up to 100.

done

It's already perfect. The levels are a good size for a collectathon and anyone who disagrees is blinded by muh Kazooie and muh Mario 64 nostalgia

youtube.com/watch?v=R9b788FGQ2U

i say fix it, not make it worse

banjo sucks ass. playing as a dragon with actually creative worlds is cool. fag.

>get rid of the best level

Make the levels smaller. That's it. Don't remove anything from them, just make them physically smaller.
There's simply too much transit and running about in the game.
I actually like the backtracking, so keep that in.

>a larger amount of smaller compressed levels
>better minigames that aren't just shooting/flying through red/blue/green rings
>less backtracking
>no more stupid transformations with a single use
>no more "only get this ability if you're just kazooie" shit
>actually just no more separation
>egg types sucked
>no fps mode

>creative worlds
they're just linear pathways most of the time.
In fact, your picture exemplifies what I mean.

Spyro worlds are boring as shit tho.

Grunty Industries is the fucking worst to figure out, even Cloud Cuckland is better. I think Hailfire Peaks and Witchyworld were my favorite, but Grunty Industries was just a fucking nightmare to traverse from start to finish. I don't know how you could enjoy it.

>generic castles
>creative

let me guess, you grew up with only a PS1

Fucking this, there's a god damn problem when Talon Trot still takes forever to move you around the world and each one has at least four warps because the devs knew it was too fucking big.

>spyro
>linear
who cares, the game isn't even that linear anyway, and those games can be just as fun. crash is a linear game you fucktard.
its pure simple fun, as a game should be
no

He's kinda right with Spyro 1 though, it's much simpler and thus doesn't suffer from many of the problems Tooie introduced such as the fuckload of minigame bullshit, big clusterfuck maps, having to learn moves that only need to be used like twice in the game, etc.

Grunty industries simply requires lots of spatial awareness.
You need to be able to keep track of what objectives are on what floor and determine the correct order of how to unlock everything. Its a lot of fun if you're actually good at that and enjoy unraveling all the barriers it has.

anytime i emulate banjo games, i turn off frame-limiting so I can play at a decent pace. Its like walking thru molasses @ default speed

Grunty Industries always fucked me hard. It was fun but i'm not sure why it always got me turned around so much. It just seemed like such a slog to get through some parts of the factory.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qa503BURsCo

I blame Rare porting the movement speeds 1:1 when the levels obviously do not reflect that measurement. Even Mario has his shit messed around with in each game.

there's tile smash code to increase player speed and another to increase enemy speed
im always did it on the real hardware because how bad the framerate was

It's already better than BK.
But if I were to make it better I would put in even more levels, and more moves that weren't just for solo or first person stuff.

Lower notes to 1 each, and disperse them throughout the level

>people want to mindlessly pick up notes again
>people lack the spatial awareness to navigate more complicated levels and the memory to navigate connected levels
this is why we don't deserve another banjo game

Remake it for 6th gen consoles. It was incredibly ambitious for its original hardware and pushed it just a little too hard.

you're right, we deserve an actually good platformer that doesn't waste our time with boring shit. maybe crash will get another game if the new remaster does well.

spyro isn't even close to what you described so I hope that image is ironic

>I wanna pway as a dwagon
yeah it sounds like a real step up

this
Kazooie's levels are awful

enjoy being the ultimate king of plebs. spyro stomps on these shitty games in every way, platformers usually suck ass. the artists like the level designers and music composer actually had the skill to make something memorable.

dragon > faggy bear and parrot
stay pleb

can describe all the issues with Banjo-Tooie by just pointing at the second level, Shitter Gulch Mine, listen fucks, from the very instant you enter the level:

There are rocks you need to drill bill, you learn the drill bill move here, fair enough

But wait. There are also other kinds of rocks you need to detonate as detonator Banjo that you cant break with the drill bill for some reason despite that being the whole reason you learn drill bill (?????) its like they needed something to fill the level's transformation that contradicts the move you learn here, and drill bill in it and of itself is just a stronger ground pound from the first game, in the first game, the ground pound could break rocks, in tooie it suddenly can't(???)

There's shit you need to do with Mumbo, switch from Banjo to Mumbo but wait make sure to find the Glowbo first faggot. The first level conditions you into thinking you only need to use one Mumbo pad when this level actually has two and you can easily miss the second one because it's hidden in a sub-area

You can easily find detonator rocks you missed when you're regular Banjo and drill bill rocks that you missed while you're detonator Banjo

You need to detonate a rock as detonator Banjo to enter the room where Canary Mary is in but you can't free her as detonator Banjo you need to go back and transform as regular Banjo

You can levitate a rock with a Jiggy in it as Mumbo but you cant collect the Jiggy as Mumbo you need to go back and switch to regular Banjo

There's springy step shoes that lead to a Jiggy in plain sight but you can't reach it yet you need to learn how to use the springy step shoes in Terrydactyland, three levels from now, there's also a split-up pad challenge but you can't use the split-up pads yet you need to learn it in Witchyworld

You learned the drill bill by the way so back to the first level there was a drill bill rock there and now you need to break that to earn another jiggy

TL;DR fuck tooie

lmao

tl;dr you hate looking around levels and lack spatial awareness, and you'd rather have levels you can 100% in 6 minutes like mumbo's mountain

>middlegrounds can't exist

Mayahem Temple, the level right before Shitter Gulch, was a perfect example of taking what Kazooie did with its level design and raising the bar. It was just the right size to emphasize that Tooie was a bigger game, but not a desolate one.

Bk was also slow alittle slow. It just wasnt as bad bc the mslaler levels