Pacman Kickstarter

Why does Namco, a AAA company, need a Kickstarter?

Please respond

They dont.

I guess we'll find out on May 22nd.

Free money

>need
they don't
but why pay for your own development costs when you can trick dumbfuck neckbeards into giving you free money instead?

To gauge interest.

/thread

Maybe it's re-pros of Pac-Man Fever crap like lunchboxes and hats.

This, and also, a kickstarter will gauge interest. If they pass, they know it is worth making this shit at all and it doesn't end up a huge financial flop.

also
>Namco
>AAA company

lel

>tfw Adam Sandler damaged the pacman brand so hard with the pixels movie that namco now needs to take money from retards for a new game

How the fuck can a kickstarter be "exclusive"

If you have to ask, you're not invited.

Scamco at it again!

Dont worry, kamen rider and guardians of the galaxy fixed that mess.

So, this must be the pacman maker project, but why a kickstarter?

This isnt mario maker, i dont think a 'pacman maker' would need a big budget, much less a kickstarter one.

So they are celebrating Pac-Man's birthday by allowing you to give them money?

>but why a kickstarter?
Just like some girl said earlier, why pay for the development of a game when a bunch of idiots can give you free money to do so?
Not to mention making a kickstarter for "such a beloved" industry icon will give the pac man brand a ton of free publicity

that's for patreon

How fuckint expensive could a fucking Pacman game cost to develop?

>How fuckint expensive could a fucking Pacman game cost to develop?
Depends on who you ask

So they can see if there is enough demand for another Pac-Man game. If you put a large amount of money in a game nobody cares for, then it's a waste.

take note, its not a kickstarter, its an EXCLUSIVE kickstarter.

i dont even know what that means.

Can wait til nintendo do one and every one will love the idea because it okay when nintendo does it.

Maybe if it was some type of Namco artbook/design doc/dev interview thing, I would be more than down to fund (aka "pre-order") it.

Otherwise, for what purpose?

I think it's probably something physical. Something that you can only get through this kickstarter and defintely something people would scalp for

>May 22nd is Pac-man's Birthday but we're too cheap to buy him a present. What if you guys pay for it and we'll just sign it as from both of us?

Pac-Man World 3

>guardians of the galaxy
cringiest moment of the movie desu

i chuckled and became depressed within the same moment

why did i choose vidya as my fucking hobby

>Dont worry, kamen rider and guardians of the galaxy fixed that mess.
I dont think so, Adam Sandler is like AIDS, once it infects something its there forever, kamen raiders and guardians were just a treatment for the Sandler bug

>i watch children's films and judge scenes on their cringiness
>while posting a decade old forced meme, of course

get some self-awareness

I fucking hate what kickstarter has become, KS needs to make rules where established companies like namco ,capcom, and sony cannot make kickstarters.

>KS needs to tell people "Wow you have too much money to be giving us a cut of your money"

you should open a business, I feel you'd learn something

>exclusive kickstarter
who the fuck is excluded?

>lel
Oh child, Bandai Namco is simply one of the biggest entertainment companies in Japan, they have business is many fields.

Doesn't want to run risks.

FUCK YOU, PIXELS WAS FUNNY AND AIMED AT PEOPLE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY TOUCHED AN ARCADE BUT NOT A WOMAN. FUCK YOU.

Oh yeah, pixels WAS aimed to arcade fans.

Aimed to piss them off that is!

I physically cringed when it happened, which is not something I do often.

It's the next level of pre-orders user, you don't need to sell enough units to cover the budget if people already gave you money for it

because why not. It takes the guesswork out of breaking even

it's more for marketing rather than the money.

I wonder if it's funding for the Pac Man Maker game they trademarked?

>Namco
>AAA

???
In fact what was the last game they made? I honestly have no idea