Unpopular Opinions

Metroid was never a good game

Black people are okay.

Now that's not an unpopular opinion. That's just plain wrong.

Black people are not subhuman apes

Out of its 26 year history, Sonic has had less than TEN good games.

>Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
>Sonic the Hedgehog 2
>Sonic the Hedgehog 3
>Sonic and Knuckles
>Sonic Adventure 2
>Sonic Advance 2
>Sonic Colors
>Sonic Generations

5:4 and 4:3 are the best aspect ratios for playing video games. 16:10 is acceptable. But 16:9 is only good for work and taking screenshots.

That's a pretty popular opinion though.

Final Fantasy is a great JRPG series. Beats out almost all of its competitors in the genre -as a series-

Including:
>StarOcean
>Tales of
>Suikoden
>Legend of Heroes
>DragonQuest
>SMT

Sfv is ok, not great but also not terrible

Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are all equally trash.

We need less blacks and women in videogames

Windwaker is decent, but I think Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are hot garbage.

Bloodborne is the best souls game and a PC port would just mean more people could play it which is a good thing

The only good MGS games are 1, 3 and V.
2 has a good story but is complete shit for a PS2 game, 4 is barely a game and Peace Walker is a mobile snorefest with a tacked on story.

JRPG's are fucking awful

Blame Sony for exclusivity. I agree that Bloodborne on PC would be fucking amazing, especially given the player base that would be active.

If you pay for any of these, you are stupid:
>DLC
>Microtransactions
>Subscriptions
>Collector's editions
>Pre-orders
>Merchandise
>New games you know nothing about or are buying on whim

To not be a total retard you should only buy the standard edition and MAYBE a sizeable expansion pack if it is reasonably priced.

Nope, oddly enough, he's right, Metroid was never a good series.

>The only good MGS games are 1, 3 and V.
Thats actually not that unpopular at all.

Gay opinion. Why would you believe it?

I don't really follow the United Nations enough to know their opinions.

I dunno why you don't like MGS2's gameplay I thought it was great. But I agree there are only 3 good MGS games. MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3. Rest of the series is trash.

hl2 was an overrated techdemo to sell the source engine

I do all of the above. Fight me faggot.

>I bought DLC Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS
>Paid money for Mystery Boxes in Drawn to Death as well as for the God of War skins
>Bought the collector's edition for the Last Guardian
>Pre-order Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
>Have Sonic statues and Zelda shirts
>Planning on purchasing Days Gone based on the E3 presentation only

It's MGS1 gameplay again. I don't like when series keep doing the same thing over and over. 1,3 and V all kept the series fresh while introducing new protagonists, new places, new mechanics etc.

2 is 1 but shit on purpose.
4 is 30% 3 again but better, 70% complete and utter shit.
PW is mediocre all around.

Half Life 1 + 2 are overrated
JRPG's are all the same, play the same and feel the same

I agree it's the best souls game, but the PC playerbase really shitted up the culture around the games. I sorta disagree that it'd be a good thing.

I'm also subscribed to PS Plus and PS Now

I enjoyed the second knights of the old republic more than the first one...

PlatinumGames makes good games

Visual novels aren't video games

Dark Souls has always been pretentious. Consolenigs just ruined it further, the PC release wasn't enough to raise the average IQ of the souls community to a decent level.

>no Sonic CD or Adventure 1
>but Sonic Advance 2 and Colors

They're very hit or miss.
I liked Vanquish and NieR but hated every single other game by them, especially Half Baked Rising : Rushed to the Stores in 1 year by Konami

The artstyle and music are superior but it fails on every other department like the other two.

I've got a few

>ME Andromeda was good and moreso considering it was made by absolute rookies
>Horizon has the best post-apocalyptic setting of any videogame
>Fallout 3 is better than NV
>Mortal Kombat is the best fighting game
>Pokemon Alpha Sapphire was good
>Pokemon Sun is one of the best Pokemon games
>DaS3 > DaS1 > DaS2
>BB is the best souls game

Suffice it say I'm always getting attacked on this board

People who bitch about Call of Duty being the same thing time and time again never really call out Pokemon for doing the exact same shit.

The community was always shit, pretentious redditors saw to that, but the games are good and more people being able to play a good game is always a good thing

Unpopular opinions threads are bad, and a blight upon the board.

>2nd and last

Standard Sup Forums shit, this boardbcan't get enough Sony cock. Try reading the OP next time

FPS games should require a mouse peripheral on consoles.

Bioshock 2 is a shameless cash grab with tacked on mediocre multiplayer and people only think it has good gameplay because it's better than Bioshock 1's gameplay.

Persona and Fire Emblem are for autistic weeaboos
Mount & Blade: Warband is trash
Super Mario Odyssey will be a disappointment
Weeaboos and bronies are doing more damage to America than Muslim refugees
Sonic Adventure 2 is worse than E.T. on Atari and Big Rigs
Those who graduate Summa Cum Laude from undergrad should be gvien free tuition for graduate school.
Wii selling more than 360 and PS3 damaged the gaming industry beyond repair; more than EA and Activision could ever do
18+ year olds who watch My Little Pony should automatically be charged with pedophilia
Dragon Ball Super is better than GT
The Alt-Right is just as bad as the radical left
Autism isn't a real disability
One Piece has been shit since the timeskip
VR is a flavor-of-the-month gimmick
Pot should be a state issue

I have the same birthday as Weird Al, and I liked him as a kid long before I was aware of that.

>PS Now
why tho

Most AAA games are boring, repetitive shit.

And you should be getting attacked, your opinions are fucking shit.

>Persona and Fire Emblem are for autistic weeaboos
No, they're nu-japanese games for ironic weebs.

Mass effect was never good especially the first one. Exploring barren wastelands in shitty vehicle sucked.

>>DaS3 > DaS1 > DaS2
explain how DS3 > DS1? I really can't think of a metric that gets me there.

Second as in Horizon is good? You're saying THAT is standard Sup Forums shit? How new are you? Sup Forums hates Horizon because they read that it's SJW propaganda without playing it.

Walking simulators are fun, and the average AAA press x to win shit has just as little gameplay, it just dresses it up more.

Asura's Wraith is fucking terrible

Nutendo has been a disappointment since the release of the Wii U.

I couldn't be less excited about the Switch.

Wind Waker is hands down the worst 3D Zelda, and one of the worst games in the series.

TP and SS have some good dungeons, even if they're fucked elsewhere. WW doesn't even have that. Sailing and discovering new islands is pretty much it's only real strong suit pertaining to gameplay, and even then exploring said islands can be a hit or miss endeavor - sometimes the effort isn't even worthwhile and sometimes you're gated out of the content by not having the right item at the time.

4:3 is as close as it gets to the "aspect ratio" of natural human vision. At least to me 16:9 feels extremely unnatural. Widescreen is fantastic when I'm working with spreadsheets or other analytic tools when I want as much information displayed in an ordered way as possible, because I'm not looking all of it at once. Not so much with games, for my eyes it's awfully uncomfortable.

drakengard is better than demon souls

thats not an opinion it's a birth defect

Some are

Drakengard 1 is Yoko Taro's best game

Starlow is actually one of the better follower characters that Nintendo has ever made. I replayed Bowser's Inside Story very recently and I don't get all the hate. She's actually funny, the Mario Bros. tell her what they're going to do instead of having her constantly remind US what to do, she is impressed with the abilities they learned in the previous games, and she helps when they encounter a new feature. The only con I can think of is that she often gives Luigi a hard time but, overall, she's a fun follower character amongst all the dozens of obnoxious follow characters they made.

Dark Souls 3 bosses are better, the environments have a grander feeling to them when compared to 1, the game is consistent from beginning to end and the music is better.

Not saying it's vastly superior but it's better.

nigga more like
>Out of its 26 year history, Sonic has had less than FIVE good games.

Replace Adventure 2 and Advance 2 with Advance 1 and Advance 3, and you'd be correct.

Undertale is a very good game.

Video games are shit because of white males

>>>
> Anonymous 05/16/17(Tue)14:15:23 No.377139898▶
>Video games are shit because of white males

Video games built around social justice makes me die a little inside, and I hope the people that make them intentionally preachy go bankrupt and lose their house.

I'm glad they decided to keep her. She's a delightful dynamic to the Mario & Luigi series. A little brash, a bit naive, kinda funny, and sometimes annoying.

Most 3D N64/Dreamcast/PS1 platforming and/or action games don't hold up today at all, including Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Sonic Adventure, Crash Bandicoot and so forth.

Sonic 1 is a mediocre game.

Tomb Raider reboot is superior to the original.

Black Ops 1 is the best Call of Duty.

The original Metal Gears are actually enjoyable.

Just like Metroid, I'm glad Mega Man is dead.

It's mostly the company's fault yes, but the fans had some involvement in the blue bomber's death as well because they were so incapable of change. They kept autistically screeching when Mega Man was tweaked with because Capcom had no idea how to present the character after so many revisions. Just like Sega and their problem with Sonic. The fans just kept sperging to point where Capcom took their toy away because of them.

No actually 16:9 is closer to reality, as you can see wider than you can see high and low because your forehead and eyebrows block up high, but our peripheral vision is pretty good.

The two edges on either side in 16:9 are meant to be peripheral vision, which is why it's often a bitch stretches and fisheyed there too.

That's a pretty popular opinion you've got there my dude

Except his last true hurrahs were Megaman 9 and 10, which were well regarded titles in their own right.

Black people =/= niggers

Wetrix was shit fuck you gamesmaster magazine i wasted my free blockbuster 3 day rental on this shit when i could have been playing Body Harvest, you fucking pricks.

I wanted to like SS and it was probably the one I disliked the least, but the most simple things ruined the game for me. Stuff like Fi, forced motion controls, and reminding you of a item every time you pick it up.

The inFAMOUS series should've ended at 2.

Pokemon is one of the worst Nintendo JRPGs. EarthBound, the Mario RPGs, and Xenoblade do a far better job at being one. The series is bland and linear, has no difficulty, and every single character is as interesting as cardboard. However, it excels at multiplayer communication and collecting things. In that regard, the series has only gotten better and better, peaking at XY/ORAS with its PSS, trainer customization, text chat system, and being the only 3DS games to let you add other players as friends without having to swap Friend Codes.

On a similar note, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is absolute garbage as a roguelike and has a laughably stupid plot. I will never understand why people constantly give Explorers of Sky so much praise.

That's generally the agreed consensus for most people, those other ones are too weebish for people outside of Sup Forums.

>Super Mario 64 is still hands down the best 3D Mario experience of all time
>Rockstar is the best video game company of all time
>Naughty Dog games aren't overrated in the slightest
>Sonic Lost World was a good game
>The Wii U had a great catalog of games
>Halo 4 should've been the last game

Civilization V > Civilization IV

I actually enjoy and really like ff13. The combat was entertaining for me and liked the lore of that world. Story did confused me though, and a sad waste of time for character development.

Also ff7 is too fucking overhyped

>Halo 4 should've been the last game
That's not how you spell ODST

Plenty of people did, there's just no point anymore, there's only so much you can beat a dead horse. I think it's because most people stopped playing Pokemon years ago but the autists who cry about cowadoody still have that betrayal fresh on their fragile little minds.

Really don't know why though, it's been clear to everyone that the series wasn't going to go anywhere when WaW was a straight reskin of CoD4.

Dark souls would be a better series if it wasn't so difficult.

Switch is a fun console

Sony makes the most creative, heart-felt, and sometimes weird games.

What other company can give you a game about a man who slays gods? Or quirky game about a rapping dog? How about an experience of living cloak trying to reach heaven?

We're able to go to through space as an alien lion dealing with the politics of capitalism, to playing as a Broadway puppet performing on stage, and a raccoon with the goal of being a master thief.

Sony makes the best games.

okay, redd*t :)

>What other company can give you a game about a man who slays gods?
Literally any JRPG studio

What other non nip company can give you a non weebish game about a man who slays gods?

Titan Quest.

4>5>3
persona ranking

>16:9 is only good for work

All work happens in the vertical dimension.
Command prompts, source code, spreadsheets, word processors, log viewers, every web UI ever. No one uses that side by side bullshit view.

>unpopular opinions thread
>posts opinion 100% in-line with the Sup Forums circlejerk

Sony made none of these games. Sony published them.

This is a nice thread, fellow Sup Forumsedditors! Haha, keep on gayming my fellow gentlemen!

Fallout 4 is the only decent nu-Fallout game

most overrated gen

Saints Rows 3 is better than Saints Row 2
Fable 2 is not good at all, I see people say it is and it's not good. Not even decent.

I hate everything about this game. If it wasn't for the chain magic glitch, people would hate it more.

Agreed OP. I never liked Metroid and I really tried
Also...
>Capcom 2d zeldas >>>> Alttp =Albw
> mario 3 > super Mario world
>Retro DKC > Rare DKC
> Persona is a dogshit series
> Deus Ex Hr was fun
> Dishonored 2 was GOTY 2016 despite the annoying cast
>FFT is best FF
> linear games are always better than open world games