Why was the demoman a black scotsman? The scotish are white as far as i know

Why was the demoman a black scotsman? The scotish are white as far as i know.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-17740638
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

black people live in the UK

Because it's they thought it'd be funny to have all the guys be stereotypical and then have an out of place black scotsman

Because Demoman would've been too perfect with white skin. Nobody would be playing other classes.

they mixed all of the fun stereotypes they left out together
to get all the fun types after the rest of the cast, they needed:
>a black man
>a scotsman
>a one-eyed man
>an explosives expert
so they frankensteined them all into one dude

Did you guys never read Shakespeare?

Black people (aka Moors) were basically all over Europe at the time. Some settled in Scotland.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCC

We've seen the stereotypical ginger Scot wearing a kilt in just about everything. Making him black and a cyclops just makes him stand out a little better

Literally this. TF2 cast is great.

It was also really progressive of Valve to make the obvious best class be a black man. :^)

Because it'd be funnier than just a regular old scotsman. Plus, at least one character needed to be black for humor and such, and none of the other characters would work as a black guy besides the drunk scot.

oh shit, i forgot
>an alcoholic

A lot of dialog is based around him being a one-of-a-kind, wouldn't've been possible otherwise.

And having 1 out of 9 characters be black is really perfectly sensible when targeting the american market

Because all the other characters were exaggerations of some cultural stereotypes
Making a nigger act like a nigger is bad publicity
So they made him Scottish because no one cares about Scotsmen

>my limited understanding of the world must be the way things are.

Fuck off.

for laughs

Oh yeah, I read that on that history website. I think it was called tumblr

t. alberto barbosa

WHYTEBOIS don't know that TRUE SCOTSMEN were MELANATED GENTLEMEN

Because that's the joke, we don't have a large black population in Scotland.

Are you saying that the Moors didn't exist? That's an impressive level of revisionist history.

This, it was so successful that Marvel turned Nick Fury into a black cyclops as well

help help i'm being oppressed by TF2

lmao have you been there?

it was a joke, back before sjw/political correctness shit infected video games. The one non-white character was from one of the whitest places in the world.

Oh yeah? Post 7 million examples

WE WUZ KANGZ

In modern UK they are abdundant, but back in the 60s, where the game takes place, black people were a rarity. Not that I mind demoman being a black scotsman, I think the backstory kind of explains it pretty well, so it isn't that glaring of a detail.

Because making him Irish would have been too obvious

Moors are Arab-Berber-Phoenician-Libyan (in the ancient Greek sense) mixes.

there aren't a lot of black people in Scotland. I see more Asians and Indians than I do black people

It adds to his depression on how out of place in the world he is and his alcoholism to deal with it

INDY REF 2 WHEN

>Scotland's DNA also found that more than 1% of all Scotsmen are direct descendants of the Berber and Tuareg tribesmen of the Sahara, a lineage which is around 5600 years old.
bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-17740638

NEVER

Back in the 60s there were no such devices that half the cast use in TF2. I fucking hate shit like this when there are other far more blatantly stupid things that existed in said time period. If your suspension of disbelief isn't gone from fucking invisible cloaking stop watches and immortality devices; then I don't think black people should be the thing that breaks it. Go fuck yourself

He said it himself IT ISN'T a dealbreaker you retard, stop projecting.

Then it's settled; the Scots are black.

We're not going to let you ethnically cleanse yourself in just five years.

i dont know about scotland but my 2 weeks in ireland i saw 1 black dude.

Not that rare but not that common

>England has a 7.8% Asian population
>Scotland only has 2.7%
The only KEBAB'd country here is you.

Things are bad. However, while the Brits want to bring immigration down to 0, the Scots and the Scottish """"""""National"""""""" Party seem to want to put the pedal to the metal.

>the queen
>relevant

Try harder yoon

instead of shoe-horning in diverse characters etc they decided to have a single non-american, non-white, diasabled character as a joke

i bet hes gay too

Black Scottish cyclopes are rare as hell. They've got more fecking sea monsters in the great Loch Ness than they've got the likes of him.

Why couldn't that boat have sank.