Doom has the best graphics of all games. Every thing is almost perfect : The particles, the post processing effects...

Doom has the best graphics of all games. Every thing is almost perfect : The particles, the post processing effects, the dynamic lighting, the textures, the shadow map.

It looks shiny/plastic, like an unreal engine game.

And it also has the best optimization.
Notice that the idtech 6 was made by ex crytech dev.

It looks like generic shit

Both Battlefront and Battlefield 1 look better

The smoke effect/explosions are on top.

Of course, volumetric lighting is in the place.

i think it looks great but it has POOR performance. games like overwatch and paladins came out around the same time, run on high 60 fps for me, and sure they don't look as good, but doom 4 doesn't even offer any substantial graphical options whatsoever and runs poorly compared to them even at the lowest settings which DO look worse than overwatch or paladins

I think your hardware is just shit. If it can run at 1080p60 on a PS4 then you have no excuse.

Overwatch/paladins are built to run on as many systems as possible, just like every other blizzard game. I have a 2GB 7870 and an 8350, pretty much a 5 year old system that was mid tier when I built it and I still get 60 fps at 1080 low settings.

>had a code for this with my GPU
>didn't work and sent off for a replacement
>didn't get one back and the original expired
>now broke and cant get it

FUCK YOU code people

lmao what the fuck are you talking about

i have a useless meme card (970) and i was running doom near max (i dont like blurs etc) on 144fps

Doom 4 runs like fucking shit. Squad runs better than this mediocre piece of shit game, which by the way is a shitty doom game and mediocre fps in general.

right, those games are optimized and are what im comparing it to. doom and deus ex are the only two games i can't run at any setting, that means they are poorly optimized. i don't give a shit if you can run it on an actually great machine running a 970 or just an intel i5 3700 or whatever else and then pretending its absolutely garbage. that isn't what "optimized" means

how old is your pc you fucking cunt?
doom 4 was a boring short game, but it could be maxxed out on shite hardware.

nope, pretty sure Battlefront still has the best graphics.

I cant believe how well they got it to run on PS4. Actually running at 60 fps with decent graphics settings.

Why do you blatantly lie? This laptop can run Andromeda and Resi 7 smoothly on low/medium. 2 games that came out yesterday. It cannot run DOOM on any settings.

I want a fun shooter to play SP and MP, should i get this or Titanfall 2

Titanuforru desu. It has a SP campaign of comparable quality but a way better multiplayer. Also, 4-player coop is coming in next couple months

>laptop

holy fucking shit fuck off redditor.
JEsus christ you try to play doom in a coffee shop?

My card is 4 years old and playing doom at 144fps maxxed out.

is this your first "wow, games that have more technology in them are harder to run" moment?

What kind of a retarded, autistic response is that?

i can max it out and get perfect 60fps using Vulkan mode

thats a pretty specific situation though

so it isn't optimized, you do know what optimized means?

You've got to be kidding me. This game runs like a dream

They are both great games, I put 100 hours in doom and 1500 into Titanfall 2 so far. Both on PC. Doom has great campaign which really shines on the Ultra Nightmare mode. MP is ok but didn't capture my imagination. Basically it is a worse version of Unreal Tournament mutant mode. Titanfall 2 multiplayer is AMAZING. It does have issues like bad spawns and poor weapon balance but it doesn't matter. Its core mechanics are really fun, competition is stiff, and It's beautiful. One of the best mp fps in years and a genuine advancement of the fps genre. SP is pretty good with a few inventive levels and it teaches you the basics you need to know for MP.

They removed strafe jumping in id tech 6 so fuck them faggy crytek devs.

It wasn't optimized to run on a laptop with no GPU. Big surprise. You really are a fucking idiot

lmao. you're trying to use it to mean "i should be able to run everything regardless of my budget hardware, i dont care about thermodynamics"

lol

It had issues with textures, at least on consoles. I played it on PS4 and at times the textures simply wouldn't load for minutes at a time.

It is optimized for the target hardware - modern midrange gaming pcs. id did not want to compromise their artistic vision for your fucking GameCube laptop!

Your posting is a crime against intelligence.
You should be put to death.

>it can run new games such as andromeda and resident evil 7
>can't run doom
im not even him, but you guys are fucking retarded and have a bias. really what can't your machines run that makes doom 4 stand out as running better? shouldn't the people running budget machines be the ones to say if the game is optimized?

Titanfall 2 has air strafing. At literally 100 miles per hour.

>Titanfall 2

Dead games are dead, user.

lmao stop shilling this game it's ridiculous

that's a lie my 770 gtx get 80 fps in medium

>praising a game for graphic in 2017

the art is just ugly warcraft looking monsters in shitty shades of orange. maybe id should consider hiring some artists

i forgot this game actually could have looked like this, im glad they listened to feedback for at least this

ehh it's about what you should expect from a AAA production these days
the gameplay is complete trash however

I play every day and can get full matches in 10 to 30 seconds
Pubs and clans are both doing fine on pc in NA, Europe and Asia. Australia is kind of deaf though.

delet this
that is a current screenshot of the version of the game that shipped

I agree, DOOM is a game I just love everything about. Usually these projectile based fast shooty games are made with smaller budgets and indipendent studios, its awesome to see a game like this given AAA polish and stunning visuals. I dont use the weapon wheel but I like to pull it up because its like bullet time and puts a DOF effect on any enemy in front of you.

Something to understand though is if you tell Sup Forums something is something they will shitpost in the opposite direction, so im excited to see how people try to pretend DOOM looks like "shit"

people complaining about performance on D44M tend to have a massive bottleneck with the CPU

>integrated graphics
>attempting to run modern games
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>We almost go that washed out shit
Thank god they listened to people.

>it can run andromeda
>implying that means anything at all
>re7
>that game where you spend most of it on a small dark house with little to no light

i use an intel i7 870, which is old. 2009 old, 8 years ago. top of the line for it's time i know technology has advanced and even amd shit is better now. however i noticed no framerate improvement from 5 fps with a 50 percent overclock. i think if anything my bottleneck is my gpu, an ati radeon hd 5870 which is comparatively as old and good for it's time. when people say the game is optimized, i disagree because the graphical options change nothing in my performance whatsoever while every other game does. maybe the higher quality options are better optimized than the higher quality options in other games? if that is what you mean i would accept it, but i cannot run doom 4 at all at even 320x240 resolution (yes i bothered to try because why the fuck not) whereas i can for example run unreal 4 just fine. i even run quake champions at the lowest internal resolution 25 percent 60 fps solid with drops to 5 fps on only one map which is also fucking horrible, that game too has bad optimization compared to other recent f2p games, but my point is how can you say doom 4 is optimized if it is one of the very few games i cannot run at all?

Why do you reddit fucks even come here?
you are wrong btw

Are you literally retarded?

>comparing a single player game which typically uses more processing to a multiplayer game

you probably have a shit CPU

Ive been here for years, if being reddit is showing passion and genuine enjoyment of a thing then being redit is the way to be. Sometimes its fine to geek out about a thing you like.

That's a source engine game

Not the best by details.

But one of the best by details/performance ratio.

Gotta go fast the game.

Doom is the best FPS in years.

Yes it is good job

It's funny because we used to say the same thing when Doom 3 came out.

>graphics will never get better than this

Only if you play Vulkan version

doom 3 was in fierce competition with far cry at the time, albeit in completely categories. far cry was blowing everyone's mind away with a huge island to explore.

If he bought an actual computer instead of a laptop for the same price he would be playing Doom, so that is a stupid fucking excuse.

My Processor is 7 years old with a GTX 960 and i still get silky smooth 60fps out of this

What the fuck are you talking about.

>have a 750ti
>friend buys me DOOM for Christmas
I hate being so retarded. I just want to play some rooty tooty point and shooty but I have to negotiate with the game first

>posting a picture unrelated to the final product

user....

>Turn on vulcan
>Turn off anything to limit frames
>Max graphics, intense firefights, never dips below 120fps

Vulkan is magic.

Retards like him buy shitty "gaming" laptops that have things like 950m's, which are WEAKER than 960's even, and then get confused when they cannot play games even though they have purchased a brand new patato to try to play them with.

Their excuse generally is 'waaah I needed a laptop because it's portable!" when in reality they could just build a computer and get a tablet with a keyboard or a super cheap laptop to write shit in school with.

No, but it's fucking great and their implementation really shows how other studios have no idea what the fuck they are doing. I guess it makes sense, considering most of them were too dumb to use Vulkan and had to use DX12 because Microsoft included "documentation" to show how to use the SDK, and all the documentation was telling them was to reimplement DX11 in DX12.

Doom 3's dynamic lighting is still impressive. Also it supports higher monster counts than nuDoom.

>Sometimes its fine to geek out about a thing you like.

that still doesn't make it a better game than Doom 2016, Doom 3 is a really mediocre game

So where did the meme that Doom 2016 is a good game come from?

Doom 2016 is just a game that is not as shit as people expected it to be, but it's not a fucking good game.

post better shooters then

he'll post a shooter from the 90s or something, proving most modern shooters are not mechanically driven and the game instead has to be compared to a 90s classic.

>tfw I played through the game on low at 50 fps well below the minimum requirements

It is a better game, especially online.

>So where did the meme that Doom 2016 is a good game come from?

From the people who played it, because it was good. Care to show other contemporary shooters that are examples of "good" shooters released within the last 5 years? If your argument is none were made, then just fuck off.

Sucks because it has shitty gameplay

leave it to the Sup Forums contrarians to praise Doom 3 of all things, it's just a monster closet fest that fails even at being scary, despite being obvious it's something it tries to do at every turn, nevermind how fucking slow the game is

Doom 2016 is much closer to Doom 1/2 than is.

>enemies telegraph attacks
>enemies lead shots with precision, forcing varied movement patters (on nightmare)
>enemies stagger, pausing movement and attacks after a certain amount of damage
>enemies flank, navigate to vantage points, react based on your movement
>weapons serve different mechanical purpose
>buttery smooth movement
I fail to see how

Wrong. Paragon is the only game out currently that has actual graphics.

Wrong and Doom 3 is faster than 2016 due to strafe jumping and closer to the originals with resource management and hand placed encounters. People will still be modding D3 after nuDoom's Snapmap service shuts down.

This but only because of how open the levels are, although I think the devs of DOOM could of easily did the same if it was necessary

That picture of the chick's ass that one faggot spams nonstop is comparable to the level of detail in DOOM's models.

>Doom 3 is faster than 2016
it fucking isn't, quit trying to force retarded cycle memes

It is. If they hadn't removed all the interesting movement mechanics in id tech 6 it wouldn't be.

But the base movement is slow and relies on a sprint button to be remotely considered fast. What you're saying is so unbelievably retarded you must be baiting. Wait, no, you're baiting. Dont know why I typed all this out.

Technically I guess, because Battlefield 1's art style is absolutely disgusting, the game is nearly monochromatic.

Enjoy your shitty snapmap Halo clone with no mods.

I didnt say
"snapmap is superior to doom 3 modding tools"
yet another example of your augmentative bait attitude. And Snapmap is superior to forge, probably the best console designed level editor ever. Im willing to be you didnt even try to learn it and are just talking out your ass lol.

>decent graphics settings.
If by "decent" you mean on medium at 720p upscaled, absolutely.

It's not that hard to make a bunch of confined and repetitive spaces look good, same goes for unrealistic monsters and hell.

Not to mention, Doom 3 is open source, so modders will be messing with it for years and years. D44m will never be open source because Zenimax.

Are you playing the game on a 4k resolution that's been down-sized to 1920x1080 to make it look even more impressive?

Doom 4 looks good, true, but anyone can do this.

Just look at Doom 3.

Yea, damn I wish there was more realistic portrayals of things that dont exist.

Why is every trip fag such a queer?

still faster than halodoom

Its fundamental to their thought process, THEY need to be the center of attention, everyone needs to pay attention to THEM because they're special individuals unlike the generic "anonymous".