When will the open world meme die already?

When will the open world meme die already?
I'm so tired of games that have no thought or design behind them

We've gotten a few pretty good games out of it so far but I agree that it's gone too far.

Um no sweetie, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an open world game that just came out and is full of thought, design, love and passion.

Yeah how can sony even compete with us nintenbros

Never, it's easier to make an empty lifeless world filled with missions and mundane as the next than it is to make a video game with proper structure.

New Vegas is so tiny you can discover the whole map in 30 minutes. From there on it's autotravel to locations, so you're effectively just selecting levels Megaman-style

It's a big empty world with like 5 enemy types

your as bad as the faggits that complain about zombie movies when that was a thing, no ones making you play it and if you dont like the genre dont fucking play it you entitled cock sucker

This will never be the case. My bet is that devs will try to push it and purposely kill ips.

Well if you want to play a large open-world game with little to no depth but takes a long time to travel then that's your prerogative. I'll stick to the small but densely packed open worlds personally.

I would rather keep open world a genre than have 100 games of straight corridors

Why do people not ever think of this when they say 'OPEN WORLD SUCKS' or whatever

Do YOU want to play 100 different games of nothing but corridors or on-rails or something?

You're retarded

>jaded weeb thinks games that don't shovelfeed you the entire story like their favorite gook rpg have no thought or design
Fuck off faggot.

I've got no issue with open world games. I just want it to stop happening to series that don't traditionally play like modern day open world games, like Zelda BotW and Metal Gear Solid 5. I've been disappointed in both those games because they went full-on open world.

see this

But at least the corridors and rails are almost guaranteed to show you something cool, there's no guarantee with open world

>4 enemy types
Hmmmm

Then just dont play them. Some people like them. Not all games are made for you.

>almost guaranteed to show you something cool
not even almost

Open world is the best. It just sucks how some devs fuck it up.

when will the hamster meme die already?

Most players just beeline to the next objective marker anyway, it's essentially a corridor that doesn't have walls.