>I play video games in a language I don't understand
You people are such retards holy shit

>not understanding glorious nihongo
Yare yare

Do you not know how to read?

Jojo reference?!?!

でも日本語を話す

RAKSHOU RAKSHOU

Why do subfags insist on using Japanese voices because "it takes place in Japan so it makes more sense", but still keep English subtitles? You might as well go all the way if you really need that "immersion".

Can I switch subs?
Reading the shitty localization is killing me
I'm on ps3 and I don't want to get a japanese one just to play it in JP

I like how jap voice actors sound and I actually can read very quickly so it's not a problem for me to have subs. There's just nuances in the characters that don't carry over into spoken english very well.

But the real question is why are bothered by something else people enjoy?

I'm not bothered that people enjoy Japanese dubs. I'm bothered that so many of them give the English dub so much shit and act like it makes them die just by listening to it.

When I was a kid I watched all movies in english even though I couldn't speak it fluently.
There's just something that's off about dubs.

>But the real question is why are bothered by something else people enjoy?

Literally whenever someone mentions they used the sub like 6 people respond to that person calling him a fag.

>を話す
は話せる*

Where does Mona get that chair and cigar?

You can't simply show your shit taste and not get called on it around here.

The cartoon character pocket universe

>staring at the very bottom part of a screen in a video game where crazy shit is constantly going on just above it

I tried to give the dub a chance. But it felt like they were pronouncing names wrong on purpose.

There's just no reason to play with the dub unless it's something exceptional, like Metal Gear Solid, or Cowboy Bebop for anime.

i'd really love to use Jap voice but the problem is that the background dialogs aren't subbed so if this is your first time playing, you're gonna miss out some details.

>Being a self hating weeb is the only worthwhile taste

You're the reason abortion exists.

Shut the fuck up, Skull Face.

Hammer space

AZAYAKU NA SHOURI DA!

Persona is one-half visual novel where you control the text speed and one-half turn based RPG where any in-battle text appears in the upper half of the screen.

>Not speaking Jap

what are you doing with your life?

You're on the biggest fucking weeb board on the internet. You think you're not gonna get called on liking dubs over subs? I agree we probably should be nicer to each other and respect opinions, but that shit doesn't happen in a board full of autismos especially wrt to anime and gaming.

Fuck dude that would be like me going into a counterstrike forum and talking about how good I am on a controller. It might be true, but it goes so roughly against the engrained culture of the board I can't but think anyone who doesn't see the backlash coming is fucking retarded.

Sakamoto got to me a little, but the first time I heard them say takamaki I deleted my save and downloaded the retarded huge patch

4chin is a weeb site. If you hate it, why are you here?

Is Merciless difficulty built with NG+ in mind or something? One critical hit, one strike against a weakness, and a party member goes from full health to dead.

私は日本語わかります?

Name one VN where you can't control the text speed.

>culture of the board.

Maybe if this were 10 years ago.

>why do you dislike things you disagree with

Oh, the humanity. Nobody should be allowed to dislike the actions of others.

dunno but i sure as hell not wasting my time learning a language for FUCKING VIDEO GAMES

>question mark at the end

What with this horrific language? You read from left to right, but then your Japanese mangas are made to be read from right to left? This makes no effing sense.

How is that relevant, at all?

If the sentences are vertical you read top to bottom, right to left

>You read from left to right
In most, if not all, manga speech bubbles they actually read from top to bottom.

It's waaaaay easier to understand spoken Japanese than it is to read it.

I wish they used the regular cat profile for Morgana in the real world.

Disliking something isn't the same as being bothered by it.

For instance, I dislike trannies because I think they're fucking retarded loud whiny crybabies. I can ignore them and continue with my daily activities without being bothered by their existence however.

With a grasp on English like yours I would definitely lay off the "hooo boy look at this guy" avatar posting.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. MYYYYYYYYY NEEEUUUUUUURRRRRRRRROOOOOOONNNNNNSSSSS

I wish they gave actual cat Morgana more expressions.

Sorry I don't like to cringe while playing video games

The noise Morgana makes when you get a seat on the train is my favorite.

>含まれる私に日本語が分からない

>playing weeaboo shit in anything but glorious nihongo
馬鹿じゃないか?

A-arigato, neko-chan!

>I play all my japanese games and watch all my anime with the english dub of course

>I'm bothered that so many of them give the English dub so much shit and act like it makes them die just by listening to it.
That's because English dubs are almost always shit. It's not like it's just English dubs either, Let It Die's Japanese dub is terrible.

JIBUN NO JITSURYOKU GA KOWAI NAA

It's called not being retarded

Ryuji is absolute, irredeemable shit

... karenai...

...maneru...

Was it? I'm still at beginner's level lol.

DAIJOUBU KA PANSAA?

HONTONI!?
Fucking love Aoi yuki

まぁ、あんまり勉強しないのでペルソナで日本語をやってみようと思った

あと
>2017年
>日本語理解できない

>tfw no Ann-dono PANSA gf

This thread sucks.

Persona is literally the only series where I see so much dubfags defending their god awful voices.

I guess its because getting dual audio with P5 was a first for the series.

Go to bed you shitty cat.

>i play all my Japanese games and watch all my anime with jap voice, that way i can be japanese too!
>but i need english subs

Either go all the way or don't at all you filthy gaijin

get your shit together user, no one should ever struggle with kana

>Japanese is only good for video games

Believe what you will.

Also, learning ANY language =/= wasting time

Sorry i actually enjoy adequate voice acting.

Fuck off cat

do you think japs insult each other over playing western games with japanese dubs

Fuck Kanji

He says, posting a subtitled image of a Japanese show.

Considering all japs on futaba hate americans, yes

They also probably comment on how bad English voices are since Japan takes voice acting very seriously.

Sup Forums is also literally the only place where people shit on the dub, because you're all jaded smelly NEETs

Goro's english VA is vastly superior to the jap one, fight me :^:^)^):^)^L:)^:^):^)

I think you misread my post mate

>semantics

You know very well what I meant, faggot. We don't live in a bubble, the very fact that you like certain things and do certain actions makes you a candidate to be criticized, and there's nothing wrong with that as it allows to refine our tastes and viewpoints (if we accept the criticism like a rational person would). What people like or dislike heavily affects our world, so it makes sense to be bothered by what people think, and it makes sense to try to convince them to see things your way. If you can't handle it, leave this place and go to a safe space like the weakling you are.

Why is Morgana such an asshole?

Pretty much, Atlus USA forcing their shitty dubs for so long meant they cultivated a fanbase of people who would defend them, and decry anyone actually wanting the original audio.

But he learns charge and God's Hand. Meanwhile BONAFIDE MONAFIDE learns fucking garu spells and a shitty version of one shot kill without apt pupil.

He's a cat. All cats are assholes.

>having superior taste mean you're jaded smelly NEET
>reddit emote
>Sup Forums is the only place

How to spot a redditor in one post.

俺の日本語はわらうい

No one with actual superior taste will claim to have it unless their head's far up their own ass.

If you want to say that you can speak Japanese:
>日本語が出来る
(I) can speak Japanese

>上手になりたい
(I) want to get good (in Japanese)

In Japanese you cut a lot of the content you want to say because the other person understands your sentence without hand holding like in English.

>わらうい
わるい*

>when amerilards are voicing loli type characters

I used to watch RAWs for the longest time since SUBS FUCKING WHERE.

It's fine.

No I didn't know what you meant because your language was imprecise. You should work on that.

But I do understand what you mean wrt the general atmosphere of people commenting on each other's tastes and how this helps create new forms of expression and alter current forms of expression. I by no means discourage bantz or criticism because hey it's fun.

But I think it's also very important for people to look inward and ask themselves "WHY does this bother me so?". I feel like so many- especially in this day and age of quickly spreading misinformation- just pick an opinion they sort of like without ever really thinking about it. That is more the purpose of my question- to lure out the underlying reasons for one's discontent.

Here, you can have a smug in exchange for your annoyed furry.

Well I'm not english person, so it works the same in the end. So why not just go with the original one?

>Rune Factory Oceans
>Pandora is a lolibaba with a typical cutesy loli voice
>Dub doesn't even attempt to preserve it and instead gives her a deep and mature sounding old woman's voice

is there even a loli in this game