Point of the game is to go fast

>Point of the game is to go fast
>Everything stops you
>Sonic is literally slower than Mario
>Can't see your surrounding properly
G-got-gotta g-go Fast!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnAgjTBH_R8
geek.com/games/scientific-analysis-discovers-sonic-the-hedgehog-is-actually-quite-slow-1596081/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Git gud.
youtube.com/watch?v=AnAgjTBH_R8

So I'm supposed to completely memorize the levels to have some kind of fun?

Yes! Sonic fags will try to convince you that's good level design.

The point of the game is to enjoy it
You have the potential to go fast
If going fast is fun to you, then you should do what it takes to be able to go fast, the game shouldn't just give you the reward of going fast
Just giving you the ability to go fast gets you Sonic Unleashed and Generations, games that look appealing but are not that fun to play
Sonic is more than just going fast but apparently everyone forgot that

geek.com/games/scientific-analysis-discovers-sonic-the-hedgehog-is-actually-quite-slow-1596081/

>Sonic Unleashed and Generations, games that look appealing but are not that fun to play
But they are.

Regardless, you misinterpreted OP's point. Zones like Labyrinth, Scrap Brain and Marble have a significant lack of loops and slopes, slowing Sonic down substantially. Those levels are directly at odds with Sonic's physics based gameplay and design philosophy.

Sonic 2 and 3 do a much better job at keeping the gameplay fast and fluid whilst still keeping it interesting and challenging.

Next you'll say memorizing boss patterns in megaman is bad gameplay

That's exactly what he'll say. Underages can't understand that you're supposed to play a game more than once, especially to get good at it. They play a cinematic experience for 2 hours then throw it in the pile. Then they go to youtube to get their opinions and learn exactly what to think.

Not related, I'm talking about the whole level which you can go through in Mega Man without memorizing. Besides there aren't even many bosses in Mega Man that you really have to completely memorize to beat.
Also no one plays Sonic because of the bosses.

Who stutters that much op W-W-WHO? Tell me.

Sonic fans

You could call me a sonic fan, did I just stutter? When have I ever stuttered? Dont ever read what I write in a stuttered manner motherfucker

The point of the games are not to go fast. That's boost shit only. The classic games had Yuji Naka's idea of skill = speed implemented into them, so the point of the games is to take and slow and literally get good so that you can go fast in the future

>Sonic is literally slower than Mario
fuck off matpat

>gotta go fast
>uphill
>under water
>behind boss
>with spikes
Just fuck me right in the ass.

Literally every game in existence you can go faster if you memorize levels.

Well, back then, these cartridges costed the modern day equivalent of around $120. You played a handful of games, and you learned them inside and out. Most games didn't really reveal if they were a "good game" or not until after that initial memorization period.

There was also a very big market for game hints and tips, and guides were almost expected.

Older games are wasted on younger generations, typically.

I loved Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island as a kid, those were pretty long games and you didn't have to memorize the levels to get through them and have fun.

Fucking game theory lol

If you press down while you are running then you spin and now you can go fast

when did the meme go from sonic is brainless hold right to fast to sonic is impossible to play because you can't react fast enough

listen user anyone can repeat information that you heard in a didyouknowgaming video. Maybe you start questioning the legitimacy of a clickbait youtube channel.

what's the point of this exchange?

>psh nothing personnel user, I'll have you know that I am an experienced Sup Forums browser so listen carefully and don't take this personally. Anyone can repeat information that you heard in a didyouknowgaming video. Maybe you start questioning the legitimacy of a clickbait youtube channel.

well i had a blast playing sonic as a kid before i had it memorized. maybe you just have bad reaction time

Sonic WAS fast in 1991 when he came out. Keep in mind that when the Genesis came out it was a full 2 years before the SNES. It's only competition at the time was the Amiga and Atari ST and both of these did not have any games that could compare to Sonic.

Now, in terms of how this speed actually plays out...I have to agree with those who say it fails in the fact you can't see to far ahead of you at top speed.

But stop spreading this Sonic is slow meme. It's retarded

Sonic is slow mentally though

>MaYbe u Jus hav bed ReAcTION TiME

>twitter memes

I could get through the sonic levels without memorizing them but I didn't have fun doing it because anytime you got hit Sonic jumps back and stops, in Mario you just shrink but can immediately continue playing.

>Sonic is a platformer mascot
>Sonic games suck shit at platforming
what did they mean by this?

oh my god this is so embarrassing

imagine someone searching this image on their computer, posting it, typing the text and actually thinking that theyre being funny

>OH ma goosh, ThIs iS sO EmbarrASSing

Youre embarrassing yourself

yeah, you samefags are right, im totally wrong. Twitter spongebob memes are the pinnacle of comedy, i really dont know what Richard Pryor was thinking...

>Richard Pryor

It's all ruined by boostshit now anyway

>Point of the game is to go fast
You fell for a marketing scheme. Most fast sections of Sonic games are just getting shoved along a pre-determined track by springs, boost pads, or the environment. The moment you hit a spot where normal player input is expected the game slows to a crawl.

learn to go fast

sonic games fucking suck. kill the series

If you don't have the mental capacity of a toddler, it's easy

>what is phoneposting
>what is inspect element

You just described modern console gamers. Nearly every game on console is an Interactive Movie at best, not a game.

>like sonic games
>my favourite friend simulator told me not to like them
What the fuck do i do Sup Forumsros?!

Yeah, but I don't think. Oh boy I can't wait to play this game to memorize the level completely.