>Video game companies are not your friend

What did he mean by this?

Is Blizzbro or Valve not one of us anymore? :(

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rayford
youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE
gamergate.wikia.com/wiki/GameJournoPros
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does your friend ask you to pay money for mods?

Valve's going to do something outrageous someday, and people are going to realize they poured thousands of dollars into products still owned by the company they purchased them from.

>leftist stuff

These people are horrible

>leftist stuff
Too easy.
I also love:
>views expressed are mine alone
As if this this makes it any better and makes me company that employs him look good in any way

Agreed. Physical retailers, on the other hand, are your friend. So go buy games from them.

>Valves going to do something outrageous
they already have, many times and people still suck their cock. First it was forced godawful mandatory steam then they popularised loot crates with tf2, paid mods, introduced that cancer that is early access, made using market require your personal data. There is no end
At least they got a huge slap in the face with refund laws but the jew still hunger

Recently Polygon got put on Valve's blacklist so they trotted out this article as a means of lashing out rather than try to rectify their problems

>internet dragon dad
hahah wtf

>when someone calling himself "internet dragon dad" and proclaiming to be a leftist expects you to take him seriously

>Just noticed it was linking to polygon
Yup move along everyone nothing to see here

Why? What did they do this time?

He's right. LE BASED GAYBEN XDDDD is why Valve has good rep on the internet and EA doesn't, when they're the exact same fucking company.

And this is why Valve can still get away with being Valve. Their reddit meme fanboys are too numerous and infect every site with LE BASED GABEN

>polygon

>t. Internet dragon dad

Fuck off no one likes your dying medium

>leftist stuff
>polygon

There's an ulterior motive at play here, Polygon don't give two shits about consumers.

This shit needs a source.

Trying too hard to create a narrative. Gabe fell out of favour around here ages ago, and I haven't seen a """LE BASED GABEN""" thread in years.

The fatal flaw of this article is that the creator has no idea why Steam took off. It wasn't because of fucking HL2. If Steam was only installed because of HL2 then Steam would never of taken off at all. Counter-Strike 1.6 release was why Steam became successful. After requiring Steam to play the 1.6 release they had thousands and thousands of users using this shitty service just to play one of the most popular online games.

Yeah, HL had a big name in gaming back then but CS had people playing for way longer.

And yet these faggots journalists were the first to cry foul when Steam started up their refund system, claiming that their indie darling scene is suffering needlessly due to a toxic, consumer first agenda.

I have never bought into their bullshit, and neither should you. Stop posting this shit.

t. dude who just got blacklisted by valve

blacklist? plzs respond

I doubt the creator of the article honestly gave a shit about facts. It's clearly just a hit piece directed at Valve.

He's even in thread jumping down the throats of anyone who dares question his article with low grade first year channer insults.

Just because a company isn't your friend doesn't make them evil. A company wants one thing, money, whether you think they're your corporate bro or not means little.

fake

remember, polygon is your friend people. not that big game company valve! no no. not that privately held company to prevent investors from fucking over consumers. they're still bad.

by the way, remember to read polygon more! remember to come by our forums, where we surely won't ban you for anything that we even slightly disagree with. all opinions welcome :)

Figures the Sup Forumsedditer scum would rather gargle Gabe's cock than agree with someone on the left

No surprises here

>t. Origin marketing director

but muh brand loyalty!!!

>Dude in the thread trying to deny the blacklist

let me put it to you this way retard

If he was not already, he is now. If you think that article is going to do anything but burn bridges, you would be mistaken.

Figures the leftist would double down the second his bullshit is called out.

>b-b-b-but origin!

The first go to copout of a valvecuck

>And this is why Valve can still get away with being Valve.

Everyone already knows valve are greedy fags; people in this thread are taking shots at the fresher target, why do you assume they're supporting valve?

blizzard hasnt been since the merge with activision, and valve hasnt been since the surge of the tf2 ingame store

>Leftist stuff
Literally who cares.

this is posted by a cucked loser who supported Hitllery...

/thread

Neither is any other company that sells you a product and/or service; it's strictly business.

>What did he mean by this?

it means that sony is getting upset and paying for these trash articles

sony will never realize how deep of a toxic corporate swamp they are in.
their platform is pathetic, and japan as a whole has been failing at video game design for over a decade now

>leftist stuff

>everything I disagree with is Sony's fault!!!

>NO
>SEATS

Sounds like someone I should listen to.

>Polygon

>still managed to make it into the history books

>Bald old man

Dont even need to read what he has to say at that point.

So did the first kid to die from aids. It's not hard to become history.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rayford

>his personal politics that i dont like mean hes wrong about absolutely everything else 100% of the time
the faggot is actually right about this, stop being so autistic

You didnt purchase them you silly goy you merely asked for permission to play the games and we gave said permission to you out of good will after you gave us money :^)

so we'll still be talking about him in 40 years even without winning a seat... sounds good to me. could you say the same thing about some random tory mp?

>t. leftist stuff

Your article sucked kid.

He shows a systemic pattern of being both a faggot and thin skinned. I'm not autistic to decide he's not a person I should take inspiration from.

Valve as a business isn't bad for gaming, it's also not good for gaming. I never thought Valve or Gabe was my friend though, so him being "right" in that matter isn't a factor for me.

No shit, you don't belong on this board if you think that any developer or publisher cares about you.

>Zero (0) arguments

>polygon
>polygon is your friend
>polygon said something worth listening

Its painful how dumb this place become, suddenly what game media says its relevant again.

Steam is shit and always been shit. KYS

Businesses are only "your friend" when being friendly towards you is profitable. There isn't a single company in the world that values their customer's interests more than their own and Valve is no exception.

has been long since valve stoped having anything good, they don't make games anymore, sales in steam are now the worst of all legit key sellers, they don't give a fuck about anything but their fucking item and card economy, they even tried to make paid mods.

there's absolutely nothing good about valve anymore

>Wait, wait, wait. Videogame companies are...companies?! People like companies that don't fuck them over?

I smell an EA shill

>all these people shitting on the opinion piece
>fast forward to the next steam sale

THANK YOU BASED GABEN FOR THESE EPIC DEALS

The games media is shit though.
t. far leftist

But Nintendo is my friend right? If I ask Reggie-san nicely he will play Mario Kart 8 deluxe with me ...

Why do autistic people like to group journalists together as if they're all just the same person?

>polygon

Don't listen to this leftist SJW propaganda boys. Who's ready for the next steam sale? Excavate your wallets gentlemen!

>WTF how dare you criticise an outlet that has shown they have some of the worst standards in existence.
>youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

Polygon has already poisoned the well for all their staff. No one can reasonably be expected to take them seriously.

Only underage faggots think Steam sales are good anymore, though. They've been shit for the last few years.

where does Polygon find these worthless retards and why do they keep hiring them?

Good post

Isn't your post just a bit ironic?

And you get that the author isn't the person in the LP right?

>Why do people like to group journalists together as if they're all just the same person?
Because they might as well be.
gamergate.wikia.com/wiki/GameJournoPros

I will never understand. Why didn't they just give the job to someone to actually likes to play FPS games? Why so retarded to even put this video out there?

man, polygon is so desperate these days

Mate what the fuck do you think 'poisoned the well' means?

Are you 12, or is English your second language?

>mfw Polygon hired slowbeef
>mfw slowbeef uses his platform to whine about PewDiePie and more successful LPers

>polygon
Even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

We're living in the digital age now. A broken clock is never right.

>a literal balding nu male cuck

>le for profit companies are not your friend
Woaw. What a hot and interesting new point of view nobody has ever had before.
"""Gaming media"""

>companies are not your friend

Correct, never forget that, I'm looking at you murricans

Hey, I hate polygon and bullshit sjw shit too. But even a balding faggot like Chapman can see that Steam is fucked up. The only reason the fat fuck Gaben is untouchable is cause le Sup Forums and le reddit made it that way with shitty memes.

>and I haven't seen a """LE BASED GABEN""" thread in years
you haven't been on Sup Forums for long.

I always hated this saying, sure it is right twice a day if it doesn't operate at all and is stuck at one time. But what if it is broken and it counts every second as a minute? Then MAYBE it happens to be right once a month or something.

>playing video games
lul
buy books you fags

>a broken clock is right at least once
fix'd

Those have nothing to do with defending blizzard autismo

>Blizz throwing shade on Valve
Overwatch really was a flop.

It'd be right more often than that, unless we're counting seconds. If it moved the minute hand once a second it'd rotate though an hour a minute triggering the correct time about 1400 times a day.

Yes, Steam having a monopoly is bad, and I get my games from GoG whenever I have that option. But polygon is never right. They have something to gain from this article, and its not consumer protection.

Looks like polygon is back on microsofts payroll

>Valve aka "DRM Gods"

>Good Guys

Top kek m8
Keep ""buying"" games goy

This creepy old fat guy keeps trying to get my phone number. I've told him I'm not interested but he's really pushy and won't give up. What should I do?

He's right. Games companies aren't your friends. They are multimillions dollar, multinational, often publicly traded and exist only to make as much money as physically possible from you, like every other corporation on the planet.

The article is completely right, but gravely autistic pieces of shit on Sup Forums who actually shill for no pay will screech about it.

Yeah, except Steam isn't Monopoly. It never pretended not to be out for profit, and anyone who's been using Steam since CS1.6, or paid attention to what Valve does with any one of it's self-published titles can tell you: this is not a surprise and it's not new.

The Community Workshop section is just an appeal to emotion and that works because for some reason, Gamers think they're all super duper creative and deserve 90% of the profits for their Metallic Lime Green Hats and Pistol skins. What's even more out of touch in this article is that most of the contributors do it because they like the game, not because they think they should make salary re-skinning assets. They don't hide their marketplace model, and they never lied about how much of shit like Compendium sales went to the Prize Pool vs Pocket.

Like everything, this cancerous commmunity of "gameeerz" jumped on Gaben because of so epicly funny Steam Sales videos without a second thought. The history of Valve's "Difficult" games appealed to their mass-consumer, Bioware-loving, Destiny buying "cool factor" sensibilities and only now that they realize that they willingly and delightfully gave Valve Corp a bunch of money they feel foolish and sad.

>I like Bioware, LoL, Destiny, and Nintendo products!!
>I-I can build PCs too! See! I'm a real elite gamer too!!
>Wait, this isn't a massive "community" between for-profit companies and players?
>Evil

I'm glad all of these adult children are getting their feelings hurt now that Undertale isn't as popular and they have no reason to be on Steam.

No, I'm screeching about the gravely autistic man child that wrote this article for himself and every other "community" member who wants companies to save them from their own misguided sense of where they fit into the Machine.

>This coming from a WoW developer
Huehuehue

>Polygon

All those words, and not a single argument. What was the point of this post? To show the world your severe autism? Why? You are literally advertising for a gigantic corporation for free. Think about what you're doing with your life you pathetic scum. If you want to shill, at least make money doing it.

>he is now calling everyone a shill

hello antivalve-kun, you do know you are barnnyfag tiers of cancer right?