Nordic representation in games

Why are the the nordic countries never represented in games? It's always the same cities when a game is set in Europe, namely London, Paris, Moscow, Berlin or Madrid. Maaaaaybe Rome.

I know that 99.9% of the Nordic landsmass is irrelevant and that people outside barely know of it, but why can't a scene in an action game be set in Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen or Oslo? You don't have to go full-on hardcore and include Göteborg, Stavanger, Åbo, Ålborg or a fucking "literally who?"-place like Skara, but it would be nice to see at least one of the capitals from time to time in a game setting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XBitEX-8IcM
youtube.com/watch?v=OD_TIrX7zu0&spfreload=1
youtube.com/watch?v=tBlWfpK0Nb0
youtube.com/watch?v=2JR2jv57zAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you think video games are used as a medium to "escape reality"?

Vikings.

Project reality has a map set in Norway.

Sure, but it wold be fun to see a setpiece in a AAA game in one of the capitals.

A bit like how you drive around in Moscow in a tank in Goldeneye 007 (bad example since it's from the movie, but you get my point.).

Or playing as a Swedish guerilla fighter as Russia has invaded Stockholm (since our military can't do jack shit), that could be fun.

Helsinki, Copenhagen or Oslo
>Game is taking place on a sunday
>Literally everything is closed

>Why are the the nordic countries never represented in games?

youtube.com/watch?v=XBitEX-8IcM

>never represented in games
Rally games are games, right?

Resident Evil 5 was set in Sweden, and it was a major AAA game.

Euro Truck Simulator

this is too true

kek

What does he mean by "represented"?

oh u

cry of fear took place in sweden

heh, heheh, heh. HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA
e
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Because there is nothing intresting here nor ever was, with the sole exception of vikings in scandinavia.

Cuz developers and gamers only care about vikings and odin and runes and shit, not the modern nordic countries

I'm norwegian and couldn't give a single fuck

Skara is shit, Lidköping is superior

>Helsinki

The most boring city ever.

i thought for a second and i already have like 50 ideas for a horror game taking place in finland

My summer car is the best game based in one of these countries

Nobody can decipher the Elven peoples of the north.
youtube.com/watch?v=OD_TIrX7zu0&spfreload=1

It's awesome, it's still like the 90s there

Nigga the Witcher 3 was centralized around that shit. What are you a fucking retard?

Helsinki is beautiful and has great public transportation.
It sucks because it is filled with fucking foreigners, shitskins and worst of all, leftists.
I fucking hate the people here, and wish that we could fucking kill them all in a glorious civil war of removing traitors, commies and foreigners in celebration of our 100 years of independence.
t. Österbothnian studying in Helsinki.

I've never seen a game set in madrid

How so?

I was wrong. The remake of the Go0ldeneye game was set in barcelona if I remember correct.

Copenhagen and Stockholm at least are quite cultural.

>tfw have a study abroad trip planned in July to go to Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark

Pretty excited, all the nordic countries look beautiful.

Thank god you and your backwards ideals will never be worth enough to change anything. Stay mad.

classic amerifat geography skills

They aren't particularly interesting cities really, mostly modern and totally generic.

>generic
What?

isn't vega's level in street fighter 2 there

His backwards ideals are the only thing to save Helsinki. Have you even been there?

In my opinion Helsinki is not worth saving. Let it burn

I'll just wait for shit to get bad. Only delusional idiots like the traitorous lefties would think that any sort of multicultural utopia would be possible. The vision they strive towards will result in us Finns becoming a minority in our ancestral homeland, and once enough people realize that, no amount of smug elitist condescension or twitter outrage will save you or your ilk from being put to the ground along with your commie forefathers.
Traitors deserve death, and anyone advocating for multiculturalism or mass immigration is a fucking traitor.

>Thank god you and your backwards ideals will never be worth enough to change anything. Stay mad.
reminds me of Hillary supporters ;^)

This.
Vapaussota 2: Sähköinen Boogaloo milloin?
youtube.com/watch?v=tBlWfpK0Nb0

I really recommend visiting Helsinki. Top tier sissy boys there.

Next economical collapse. Remove bread and circus and people will hang in the streets, like always.

yeah, mostly modern buildings that are all the same shit you can see anywhere in Europe. They aren't ugly but they aren't anything special like Moscow or Rome etc. Also they are full of migrants now.

The sooner that happens, better. We have allowed the treasonous elements fester far too long in our society. We need to do what our forefathers did once more, in order to ensure the survival and sovereignty of our nation and people.
youtube.com/watch?v=2JR2jv57zAg

Hopefully it won't come to that, but it most likely will. Gullible, foolish and misguided people who think they are doing what is good and right will fight for what they believe in, even if in the end they are wrong and a net harm to our peoples.
Hell, the civil war reds at the least didn't have any way of knowing better. The modern multicultist leftshit could just go online and see for xirself what an utter failure the multicultural experiment is, but they don't.

Games need to sell, so these big budget companies that can make approximations of real world places need to choose places people are interested in either because the zeitgeist has a particular focus there or because they have a large consumer demographic there. Nordic countries' populations are quite small, while Germany and France are quite large and fairly popular world wide perceptually. In other word, it's business.

They have been thoroughly subverted into postmodern neomarxist line of thinking and cannot be reasoned with, because they view logic and discourse as tools of the "oppressive patriarchy" or some shit like that.
That's why instead of debating their opponents, they shut them down by protest etc like we see in the US.
That cancer has spread to Finland as well unfortunately.
I wonder fucking (((why))).

>you'll never be as stone cold as the second one from the right

You got lots of skinheads and drunks everywhere, and people dress just awful

>I wonder fucking (((why))).
It's a mystery to me as well.

You can get pretty much the same atmosphere and architecture from the usual Central European big cities, and there's more reference material of those cities too. And nobody will actually care, besides petty people who want to yell "My country mentioned! Woo woo!".

Skyrim

Because nowhere in particular in the Nordic countries is particularly iconic to Americans. Almost nobody in America would be able to tell you the name of any famous landmark from there, and if you showed them a photo of each of the four cities and asked them to name them, you wouldn't have much luck.

Major game developers are only willing to set games outside of America in cities like London or Paris, where people are guaranteed to recognise things like Big Ben or the Eiffel Tower. I mean, Birmingham, UK has a bigger population than any Nordic city (and is almost as culturally/historically significant thanks to the Industrial Revolution), but no one is ever going to set a big budget game there either.

tales of berserias map is loosely based on scandinavia and parts of europe

historic strategy games

Clocktower takes place in Norway.

This, the Hearts of Iron series features Unternehmen Weserübung

Because our cities are pretty bland. The only thing that stands out here is the untouched nature, and plenty of games do have areas based on that.

Aside from some characters, there's not much to use them for. It's way too peaceful outside of world war stuff and too small for grand scale conspiracies.