Give me your honest opinion of this game

Give me your honest opinion of this game

Posted it in another thread but here we go:

It is quite gud and easily the best Looking Glass style game out of the post 2005 crop. Compared to SS2, it's less survival horror focused on resource management, and more about open-ended exploration of an interconnected world. RPG elements and atmosphere are weaker than SS2, but level-design is as good or better, and the space station in Prey is a much better realized and believable setting overall. Combat and enemy design is better in Prey as well, though that's a necessity given that it abandons the survival horror elements and has no excuse left to be a clunky wrench-melee game. Both games are well-written and make excellent use of audiologs, and while Prey lacks the memorable antagonists of SS2, it does a better job of fleshing out its side characters. There's no Shodan-reveal twist in Prey surprisingly - there's one after the credits, but it's more like a bit of cute meta-commentary rather than anything substantial.

Where Prey definitely drops the ball is the audio - music is often ill-fitting, scary sounds play for no apparent reason, and the mixing is incredibly bad for such a high-budget game. Volume levels of dialogue and sound effects don't reflect the source's distance from the player at all, and it's impossible to track enemies based on sound alone.

Overall though, I'd say it's worth playing, has some annoying signs of consolization, but also a lot of nice attention to detail and it actually improves upon SS2 in various ways, much unlike Bioshock which was straight up dumbing down with a nice coat of paint on top.

Exploration is good. Combat sucks (often it's a rock paper scissor type deal). Enemy design is garbo. Level design is a lot like Dishonored. Story is pretty whatever and the last act is dogshit (so much fucking backtracking). The only part of the station I felt was cool/unique was the arboreum. The rest felt like a shitty airport terminal / office park in space.

It's good. Patch fixed up all the bugs and niggles. It's very much one of 'those' games and I like them.
If you don't I could see how you would consider it boring and I would say 'well that's fair enough, some things aren't for everyone' but secretly I would be thinking you were stupid and had no patience.

It tries to be System Shock but it's just another shitty Bioshock. Not even worth pirating really unless you're very bored.

5/10 game. It’s not good, it’s not bad. It is just fucking generic. Bland combat, bland story, bland level design.

It's easily GOTY.

Shit

Not bad.

Great.

I am indifferent.

It's a solid 7 of a game. It doesn't really do anything new or anything exceptionally well, but it hits that Shock game spot well enough when we haven't had a game like that in a while. I would say wait for a deep discount though, there's not much replay value unless you think getting into a room with a key code versus smashing a glass ceiling is a huge difference. Similarly, none of the powers really feel that great to make a 2nd play through worth it. There are some minor differences in the end/post-credits scenes depending on some side quests you choose to do, but it doesn't really amount to much besides a line of dialog or two (watch them on youtube after you're done).

So it seems it's been settled then "mediocre" is what the game is.

its literally shit, characters are all ugly af.

Friend bought me if for ps4, after 22 hours I feel I can justifiably rate it.

Corrupted Save/10

It's ok.

I'm on my second run. How viable is spamming the lobby with turrets and calling a Nightmare

Shit. Review sites were right for once.

Just started it and having a blast.
The enemies are a bit too spoopy for me but I'm coping.
It feels more like the original deus ex than the new deusexes.

Protip: play without map markers.

For what purpose? Just for kicks?

Should I get this or The Surge?

I just took Alex's Escape Pod. The fuck?

both mediocre games, but if you like souls games, I would get the surge

Surge, pirate prey.

The Surge is mediocre.
This is easily in top 10 games this gen.

Pirate both lmao

Most likely my GotY for 2017.

here's the perfect way to describe prey:

it's as if someone looked at bioshock and system shock 2, and tried to make the actual proper spiritual successor. the only problem is that it was almost 10 years later and it only refined everything, without really anything that makes it stand out.

it doesn't stand out, that's its problem. if we got this game instead of bioshock infinite though, i'm pretty sure it would be hailed as one of the best games of all time. so it's a game that came too late as well. a very gamey game that gives up spectacle (like bioshock infinite's emphasis on linear story) for small scale exploration. i love it in many ways, but i can't deny that the combat is not really satisfying and the enemy design is boring. it's also a big bummer that there aren't really all too many alien powers either.

The Surge is trash
get Prey
or just rent Prey like I did.

Basically. Plus the exotic material.

good looking game, but the enemies are bad and uninteresting
a solid 8.5/10

It probably has the best level design of any shooter in the past 5 years. It wears its influences on it's sleeve, but the ways in which it is derivative are things most devs have forgotten how to do properly.

can i leave shit on the ground and move to another level without the items disappearing??

I'm having a lot of fun with it right now. Pretty good /10.

I'd actually like to know how it runs on a GTX 780
Granted I can steam and refund it, but I'd like to get a physical copy for once

From what I heard it runs pretty nicely on a 670, and most likely 760 but if anyone is also running a 780 please give me your feedback

Solid 9/10. Could use a few more enemy types and weapons but otherwise a superb game.

yes

>decide to play it safe with weapon types and go security weapons
>'man i bet there's gonna be some really good science weapon later on'
>lol nope
q-beam suuuuucks

Q-Beam is amazing.

>you can reach the shuttle orbiting around the station

noooice

I've been really enjoying it, but I'm going to write a list of pedantic complaints anyway

>not enough enemy variety, you've seen them all by the halfway mark
>sound mixing is lousy
>story becomes somewhat dry and unengaging past the intro (which I found great)
>there's a bit too much running back and forth between cleared areas later on, especially when doing sidequests
>starts out fairly tough, but gets a bit too easy as you gather resources and gain more abilities/upgrades

>>sound mixing is lousy
This in particular is killing me. Nightmare's sound effects are a goddamn trainwreck.

I still can't fucking finish it fix your shit Arkane.