Game is bad!

>Game is bad!
>why?
>cause it's popular

There is nothing wrong with this.

I remember thinking 'The last of us' was a shit game until I beat it.

I've come to realise most of Sup Forums has not played the games they shit on.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild

thats pretty much been a cardinal rule of Sup Forums
there is no changing it it is our way of life

>game is good!
>why
>WHO CARES? ITS GOOD, NOW BUY PREY!

>Game is overrated
>People like it more than I think they should

Sup Forums doesnt actually play games

This works in reverse too.
Normies will ignore games that seem too complicated or nerdy.

Usually anything that require half an ounce of imagination is seen as far too nerdy.

>Game is good!
>Why?
>It has a high review score!
>Lots of people like it!
Guess the game

Dark Souls 2

Half-Life 2.

>>Usually anything that require half an ounce of imagination is seen as far too nerdy.
Damn that must explain why Minecraft is so unpopular and not the second highest selling game of all time.

The Witcher 3

Trick question.

There has never been a game that Sup Forums liked because it has a high review score and lots of others like it. If Sup Forums likes a game its for good reason. If Sup Forums hates a game its brainless shitposting. These are facts.

Undertale

user you replied to the wrong post, you were supposed to reply to this one;

Does this apply to BS Infinite?

It fails to be a compelling stealth or TPS game and has only it's characters and plot driving it, which should be secondary in a fucking video game.

>Game is great!
>why?
>cause it's popular

>Game I like gets good reviews
>"Holy shit! This is the best game ever! Look everyone agrees!"

>Game I dislike gets good reviews
>"Who cares about review scores anyway? They probably paid for it."

>Game I like gets bad review
>"Guess the reviewers were charging too much for scores."

>Game I dislike gets bad review
>"LOL! Look at how shit that game is!"

no look

in order for something to be popular it must be mainstream

in order for something to be mainsstream it must be watered down and streamlined, so all the casual fags are able to enjoy it

therefore popular = shit

if you have low standards for fun, good for you, I'm serious. But for me and the rest of Sup Forums it takes a bit more than that.

understandorino? goodelee doo!

>me and the rest of Sup Forums
>reddit spacing
I don't think so Tim.

no, i'm just autistic when it comes to typing.

blame my austrian heritage

>Game is absolute shit in every aspect except one
>Faggots praise it as an absolute masterpiece
>They also call shit and unplayable much better games with less flaws

Guess the game

>Game is bad!
>why?
>cause it's popular, and in most cases it means that it caters to the casual player, therefore not having any actual in-depth gameplay which the game attempts to compensate with graphics or plot in order to bedazzle your average gamer, even though gameplay - a set of explicit and implicit obligatory and optional objectives and win/lose states - is the defining feature of videogames as a medium
Sounds about right.

how do you justify playing literal casual games like overwatch?

Dark Souls is mainstream, and it's possibly one of the most confusing games for a newcomer. First time you play one you have no idea what every stat does

>Game is good!
>Why?
>Because it's popular

Drakengard 1 (writing)
Metal Gear Rising (music)
Nepshit (waifus)

And this, laddie, is why you pick option 2 in every circumstance. If your opinion requires external validation it's too worthless to communicate anyway.

>Can't have a half-decent discussion about popular game because the fanbase is incredibly autistic and the hatebase is almost as bad if not worse
Feels bad man

>First time you play one you have no idea what every stat does
No retard, you just didn't notice that you can press select and get explanations for everything in the status menu.

>Nobody plays Bloodborne
>Sup Forums loves it

OPs meme checks out

I guess those qualify too, but I was thinking of Dragons Dogma

Oh. I think DD is just extremely average in pretty much every aspect and tries to do too many things.

For me it was the opposite. I thought it was a good game until a played it. It's shit.

If you want it, you can cheese the game really hard by just using a shield, overlevelling and summoning other players, which what most people do. There is no fun or challenge in that, but that's what happens. And after that comes the sense of entitlement, as if they were baptized and accepted into some sort of ebic sekrit club, by playing the game in most streamlined way possible.
I legitimately know people that were so bad they had to summon for Old Iron King.
It's an exclusive on a console with payed online, and even then it's not as dead as people say. There is a stream of newfags coming at a fairly limited but stable rate, while twinking at burgertown takes around 4 minutes or so to find someone to invade.

that's like your opinion, man

I have a friend like this. He implies that he's open-minded and someone who does his research, but he will always revert to this mentality. He's also the type of person that will often like or choose something JUST because it's unpopular or different, rather than because it's fun or interesting.

Well, I mean, its not like bad games ever become popular or anything.

>Game is good!
>why?
>It sold millions of copies brah

>justifiably criticize game for having numerous flaws
>you only hate it because it's popular/you hate my console brand of choice/you just don't understand it/you're not playing it correctly/you just hate video games/you're shitposting

To be honest the drones are about 1000% more annoying than any of the critics. Sup Forums can go overboard with hate but it's still way more honest than the people who cocksuck flawed games to death just because they're console exclusive.

This for BotW

>God
who?

>Game is good!
>why?
>cause it's popular

test >test

>>Game is bad!
>>why?
>>cause it's popular
But this can be true especially in the case of multiplayer games with a lot of thing to learn, the pool of players gets diluted with people who don't know what they're doing and drag the quality of the competitiveness down by virtue of being bad, a symptom which comes with popularity

Sup Forums doesn't think it's actually terrible, just terribly overrated

>This game is shit!
>Why do you think it's shit?
>I haven't played it but the fanbase sucks!

Who cares? They're only hurting themselves by limiting their options. No one else gives a shit if they like it or not.

That's a stretch to justify being a contrarian

>I don't like game
>Why
>It's Reddit

>you can't judge it if you haven't played it!
>play it
>you can't judge it if you haven't gotten to X part/don't have X hours
>play it more
>LMAO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT WHY PLAY SO MUCH HUH

>complete the game

>game is bad
>why?
>because its popular

>be OP
>get mad at people telling me why my favourite game is objectively bad
>make a thread strawmanning the fuck out of BTFOing me

>""""""""objective"""""""""

why do Sup Forumsirgings think their opinion is the objective truth 100% of the time? you dont see this shit on other boards.

>Be a poster on Sup Forums
>Hate all video games
>Still go on the video game board to post about how much I hate video games
>I love my life

The multiplayer is where its at fagtron. Yeah, the ai is shit compared to early sneak peeks, where they would actually cower if they were unarmed vs your gun, they would not rush you head on to get mowed down like idiots, they would more agressively pin and flank, they were smarter.
But the multiplayer is fuckin good and should stand seperate from the movie-game controversy shit.

(You)

>criticism isn't valid!
>why?
>cause its popular

Fuck off

>this game is good
>why?
>its comfy

underage/summer/twitch kid usage of the word. Same demographic that doesn't know what "literally" means and says things like "kys" and "kek".

>game has flaws
>n-no the game is perfect! just play multiplayer!

if you think you know the objective truth about everything why even bother having discussions? you already know everything.

It's so sad that nu-Sup Forums still thinks this is how we work here.

because when people tell you why a games gameplay/story/whatever is bad and deliver actual arguments people tend to get butthurt and spout memes or completely ignore those arguments

increasingly less people are willing to actually explain why a specific gameplay mechanic is bad, because the gen-Z shitters are now here in full force, disregarding every actual discussion about gameplay, because they can't bear it when their childhood memories get tainted by simple facts

Skyrim

I don't disagree, but at the sametime the rave reviews were mostly on the merits of the campaign, which I disagree with.

It's fun with friends.

Anything's fun with friends.

>most pop-culture is bland garbage
>thing is popular
>it is most likely bland and/or garbage
Why is this so hard for you to understand?

a lot of people see the flaws of the game but not being perfect doesnt stop them from enjoying it. this cynical know everything attitude is annoying, youre not intelligent, youre just just annoying. not just in real life, even here.
shitting on everything is the easiest thing in the world

>game is bad
>its popular
>why

>game is popular
>can't dislike or criticise it at all without being labeled a contrarian faggot
I hate how big and popular this industry has gotten.

>list a massive list of things I didn't enjoy about (game)
>provide arguments and reasoning for each one
>nu uuh none of that matters and I wont argue because you're only doing that to be contrarian lmaoo!

People like you are whats the real problem with Sup Forums. Any time, anyplace, anywhere actual discussion and actual criticism is taking place, one of you retarded cunts births himself into the thread and starts blabbing on about contrarians and people just "hating" things because
>thats what /vee/ does lmaoo

Fuck off.

Because gamers are extremely opinionated, their word is law.

if i hated all video games, i wouldn't go on a board about video games, i'd just say "this is a shit hobby" and go somewhere else
the reason i stay here and shit on whatever game you think is gotyay 10/10 ign is because it and other games like it are low quality low effort trash with more marketing budget than gameplay budget, or whatever indie walking simulator happens to be getting shoved down our throat by a bunch of hipster journalists sleeping with each other. it's garbage like this that drags down a hobby that i love very much and am very passionate about, to the point where it causes me emotional distress when it's dragged down by garbage like that.

>you think youre having fun but you actually dont
>youre having the wrong kind of fun

>Say game is bad
>Make a list of reasons why I think it's bad
>Faggotron tells me I dislike it because it's popular
Why do people with no standards think they're ever relevant?

You can enjoy McDonalds, doesn't make it good food.

Holy shit this, it's the stupidest thing to see make a thread over people making arguments you don't like. is probably correct, there's no other excuse as to why you made a thread about criticism you don't like.

>game is bad!
>why?
>cause it's popular
>because the mass usually has shit taste; see modern pop
>HA YOU JUST DONT LIKE ITS CUS ITS POOPULAAR
>no I dislike it because its shit the fact that normos like it makes it worse

It's called Sup Forums get used to it.

video games are form of entertainment. the end goal is to have fun

Why? can you state reasons on why they're low quality low effort trash? do you measure the man-hours they spend doing them? do you care about the nooks and crannies of the game or do you simply hate everything that a certain studio puts out because it's "Sup Forums as fuck xD"?
Your use of buzzwords to refer to the AAA video game industry indicate me it's the latter, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, why are those games low quality low effort trash? what makes them that?
The media you adore is thriving and you throw a shit fit because of the people that make the games who have no relevance in the objects they create? I doubt that you love video games, I think you're a child raised by Sup Forums trying to fit in by throwing around buzzwords you see others using.

When will people understand that liking something doesn't make it good, and something doesn't have to be good for you to like it? You're so fucking insecure that what you like might not be good, as if liking bad things is unacceptable.

heroin can be very fun too
you should try it

>buzzwords
There you go, any word you don't like that gets posted too much is a buzzword.

And the point of critically looking at anything, is to make it better - on top of open dialogue being enjoyable in the first place.

If everyone ate up every thing that was just "fun", the quality of literally every single artistic medium would plummet.
I've had fun with bad games before but that doesn't excuse their flaws. You can't excuse a games flaws because some retard will find it fun somewhere anyway.

It's the other way around. A game is usually popular because it is bad. Normies can't handle good games, since 99% of them don't want to play good games. They want to play shallow games that give instant gratification but have zero depth.

>how can [Game] be shit, it's popular after all

you can objectively measure the quality of gameplay

for example
a game that has to show your arrows in order to navigate you to the next location of interest is absolute trash, because NOT having built a comprehensible interesting world that draws the player on its own to interesting locations is a sign of failed world/level design

So you have low standards for being entertained.

Skyrim?

>and something doesn't have to be good for you to like it?
That's retarded, if you say you like something that means it must have some aspects that you consider good.

>The media you adore is thriving

Yeah and that's a bad thing because good games no longer make enough money to be financially viable, meaning games must be dumbed down as much as possible and inflated with as much day-1 DLC and microtransactions in order to make money.

>Game is bad!
>why?
>I didn't like it
>REEEE YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY DISLIKE THIS GAME IT'S PERFECT YOU HATE IT BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR

>cherry pick a certain word and not refuting the main argument
How are all critically praised indie games walking simulators? How are all AAA games low quality low effort trash?
Source your claims user.

No, it means you like it, you can recognize that a game has objectively bad design and still enjoy it. The retarded "infinite backwards speed" in Big Rigs is fun, but is not good.