Why don't we have a Gantz game?

Why don't we have a Gantz game?

>manga is literally structured around ''levels''
>big roast of charismatic characters for every type of person
>infinite possibilities for original spin-off stories that run parallel to the main one
>big climax involving CATASTROPHE

Who should develope it? What genre and style?
Should it go full on platinum games as an action game or focus more on the character drama and surreal world?

>inb4 that awful PS2 game

Because it's sexist, gornography , and has no good plot

Online first person game with permadeath unless somebody spends 100pts to revive your character. If you survive a mission and quit your character gets saved though and you can enter a new lobby / Gantz room later.
It could ease you in slowly with only the X-Gun but as you earn points you get to unlock more and more cuhrayzee suit powers and weapons and by the end you're battling Gods while jumping from rooftop to rooftop at light speed with your 20m long Katana.

Izumi might have been an edgelord, but damn, he was cool.

10 OUTTA 10 would main.

>goes all PUMPED UP KICKS in the center of town to get back to Gantz
>all he had to do was get Kurono to touch him while being transported to a mission to get back, like the Host Samurai did.

Izumi did everything wrong.

Yeah, it would have elements from the manga, but being online and not plot heavy would not get the ''spirit'' of the material.

Just imagine the shock, confusion and hesitation from a real person in that situation for the first time...all of that would be lost in favor of some competitive MMO or something...

>who would you main
>who would you get 100 points to revive
>who would you let die in a mission
>who is your waifu

GO

The manga was the best thing I've ever read, and I don't like manga/anime at all.

What kind of game would Gantz be?
I'd imagine a PvE and PvP game at the same time, fighting against Aliens as a team (maybe like Evolved, but better and lore-based)
And PvP-Mode. With the right combat-system and balanced armory, it would be fucking awesome.

Fuck off and read the manga if you want story. We are making a game here.
The shock of someones death comes from permadeath. "Oh shit that guy who had 300pts just got fucking wiped shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit"
Nishi
Nishi
Nishi
Nishi

Main old man.
revive Sakata.
let Nishi die.
japanese Lara Croft is my waifu.

Name one online game that did permadeath right.

mary main here

Transfers happened pretty randomly though.

I guess he figured that mass murder would be quicker than forcibly holding Kei's hand for a week.

Are you trying to say permadeath is a bad idea no matter what? How else would you keep the game exciting?
If your points never get reset you will be stuck with the best gear and won't have any reason to play lower levels / missions. Plus, it's Gantz. Everyone fucking dies.

Besides, with the change of rules after the mission with the bikers, anyone could see the Hunters with no repercussion.

If key revealed too much at that time, it was likely that his head would explode...

Izumi was a crazy dickhead but he made things more interesting.

Nishi was all talk compared to him.

literally all that needs to be done is gantz meets EDF. that's it.

This is why Gantz wouldn't work as an online game.

It should be a linear, story based game with lots of random elements and variables (who lives, who dies, what equipment you get, relationships with characters etc), even if it revolved around 10 missions only, it would have tremendous replay factor, as the game could get drastically different in another playthough...

Definately nothing like we have ever saw, thou...

Exactly what I though.
Izumi was a true hardcore edgelord, Nishi was a coward that used newcomers as bait and swaped easy kills.

He also killed cats in alleys.
Probably listens to Linking park all day too...

>reading the ending for the first time

>Main
Hoi Hoi.

>Revive
Sakurai maybe? Poor kid got forgotten by everyone in the end.

>Let die
Host Samurai. Probably would have taken pot shots at him if I was part of Kei's old team.

>waifu
I liked Tae. Shame Katastrophe had her in damsel-in-distress mode for like a year.

because it's shit

Hoi Hoi is waifu material. Loyal to the end to Izumi.

I always chuckle when I see that panel of Izumi running from a T-rex with a panda in his arms...

Sakurai had the best ending, thou. Perfect redemption arc.

>sup Cherry

>linear story based
>drastically different in another playthrough
??
I can't imagine it as a singleplayer experience. Especially with random elements you'd just reload until you get the stuff you want. Relationships with characters I don't give a shit about in a game. I would want the other Gantz operators to be real players and add a human chaos factor to the game.

I think Gantz is ripe for spin-offs.

Just have the story be about one of the foreign teams and you can throw whatever kind of characters you like against whatever kind of monsters you like.

They could make it coop mechanic where we can choose to bring someone back instead of getting new weps or something for the next level.
If you don't they still have a chance to come back and revenge themselves on you for being selfish cunts.

Osaka guy that fucked an alien
Kato if he's dead
Nishi
4th phase Osaka boss fight

Were the vampires really necessary?
Were they aliens? For what I remember, they get pretty much forgotten in the end, with no conclusion or explanation...

I would love a new Gantz game:
-Hard bosses
-100 points weapons
-And the possibility of create an online community for the opportunity to make teams to fight and defeat high level bosses to gain points, it could be awesome.

VIDYA ADAPTATION WHEN?

are they making more of these films? i was pleasantly surprised by how much i enjoyed it

Some of Gantz was so edgelord, it was unbelievable

but will it have rewarding gunplay OP?

Kei's brother was one, so they're not pure aliens. I think the implication was that they were regular people who somehow got infected with alien technology.

I thought it was an interesting plot development at first, because suddenly the Gantz hunts weren't the only dangerous thing anymore, but the way they just completely disappear in the end was pretty half-assed.

>yfw that crazy dude from Osaka that raped everything survives through to the end in the manga

I want to have sex with Reika!

Why was that new film so well animated?

It felt odd that they could never get a proper season 2, and then a really well animated one-shot going by its own canon popped up out of nowhere.

It was pretty cool to have them being hunter outside the missions.

That short alien that fucks shit up in Kei's school was tense as hell too...

I didn't think it did the madness that was the Osaka arc justice. There's no alien fucking.

Gantz 0 is the one recently created, but I hope they make more.

Was never sure what the explanation behind the ending was. I thought things would last a few more volumes at the very least, but then everything ended all at once, no epilogue or anything. I wonder if Oku was just burnt out on it?

I love it.

I'm re-reading Gantz. At this point, I see the movie changed A LOT to make it self contained. Still pretty good thou...

Thats how most manga end I guess, they are either terminated or stop on their own accord.

Didn't he say in an interview once that he grew fucking sick of Gantz and just wanted to drop it?

What did you expect out of Gantz?

That was nurahihohohasudasdhas's best form, it was so weird.

There is a Gantz game. It's on PS2.

I don't know why people always say that they just "disappeared", Izumi, Kei and Nishi butchered all of them except for Host and his Waifu.

It was weird that we never saw them back after the Osaka arc and then they just showed up in one of the last chapters watching Kei fight the blonde giant, but i guess they just managed to remove the bomb from their skulls with their vampire nanotechnology.

I wasn't expecting the end to get all existential, nihilistic and Lovecraftian.

Damn, that alien God room was the most disturbing thing from the whole manga to me...

That's kind of what it felt like. Shame that he couldn't just go on a Miura styled break for a while and then at least spend more than one chapter on the ending.

TAE!!!

KURONO!!

TAE?!

KURONO!!!!

And fuck Reika too.

And fuck most of those bitches in that manga too, given time I am sure we would have reasons to hate Japanese Lara and Mary.

Sadako's cool tho.

Depends.. can I bang Lara as she tells me we have to put on our suits?

To be fair, everything after the Rome mission was half-assed

We get a glimpse of them, but they never mention Kei's brother again or what Host Samurai's past or motivations really were, so it kind of feels like Oku didn't know what to do with them anymore.

>have you ever felt the presence of God?
>one million chapters later
>God doesn't exist fuck you, here are your loved ones, and now they're gone again lmao you get it now?

T-thanks

>but they never mention Kei's brother again

What the fuck was his problem?

>One shot reveals he's an honest to goodness school teacher

>Yamazaki is just thirst for the Kato penis because she probably drew his exact build at one point in her doujins

I hope that slut never finds him

The manga went from good to absolute garbage so fast it boggled my mind. But the CG movie was fantastically animated. Nurarihyon was some serious shit.

He just wanted his finger back

I completely forgot that Kishimoto existed.
I guess the whole point of her character was to expose the character of Kurono at that time, and how much he grew with time...

I thought the start of Katastrophe was pretty great, but things started to really meander after a while. Like they finally had an end-game threat, but Kato and Kei 2's team were just kind of screwing around with endless waves of grunts and failing to protect random civvies until the God Alien showed up just to tell everyone to piss off.

What the fuck are you on about?

I meant that they never mention him again after that scene.

We don't even know if new Kurono knows that his bro is dead.

What went wrong?

Would you read a spin-off manga set in your contry?

>BR Gantz team

It would be hilarious...

There was a one shot about the Osaka team. I know I'm not crazy because I literally read Gantz for the first time this year.

I found some extra shit. One included the glasses kid from Osaka but also showed a brief glimpse of everyone else.

That bald man they called George? Him and one of the others flipped burgers.

Alien rapist? School teacher.

Yamazaki? She works in a doujin circle.

PSA: Read Inuyashiki

Never knew about that.
Will look for it, thanks.

>Yamazaki? She works in a doujin circle
Katou deserved better...

I was kind of disappointed that they never gave Tae a Gantz suit in the end.

I get that she was supposed to be the only normal part of Kei's life, but after she was thrown around, kidnapped about six times, and lost her family, I was hoping that she would get the chance to just go postal on something.

i read some of this but stopped around when the big martial arts master got his legs machine gunned off and shot in the head
am i missing out on something good?

>implying i even want to know who made that monstrosity
terrible

It's getting interesting. Felt like a series that would end soon at first.

There was another one-shot about Nishi's school life as well, where a classmate accidentally asks him out after following to see what he does after school.

Which is weird, because it's literally never brought up again.

Just more insanity. No one can say Gantz is objectively good. But it's a greater guilty pleasure.

We can start with the art, for one...

>Name one online game that did permadeath right.

Path of Exile HC mode.

Well, you stopped right before things get really good.

But I guess if you already had no interest up to that point, Gantz might not be your cut of tea anyway...

NUDES WHEN

For me, it was the part when they're in the facilities that are processing humans. That shit made me physically ill, and really got me to think about our own standing as humans. We are just as fucked up, even more so, to our lesser creatures, and ourselves. And yeah, the God room and the concepts they philosophize really left an impression on me. I definitely got the impression it came too quickly and ended too abruptly, it was tonally very different from everything we'd read so far, but to me that went out with a huge bang.

the gantz weapon are very original, something the gaming industry still refused to do.

but i will always remain buthurt for killing best girl.

Yeah but then you would have never met based lolicon so she's alright in my book.

Reika is so yummy

Maybe? The phase after the street shooting was probably the highlight of the series for me, because it takes all the most interesting characters from the massacre and throws them into a situation where Kei finally tries to get Gantzers to work together.

The plot's still kind of a mess in the end, but there's some fun character development along the way.

well i enjoyed some of the ideas it had going and a lot of the art, hadn't really read much at the time that was willing to show how gruesome deaths could be rather than having all of them being quick cop-outs just to kill someone for plot
though as much as i loved the ideas, the story itself just felt very lacking to me, did i really stop before it actually got good?

>he wasn't a lolicon after all
Deepest manga twists

Everyone has that "sudden diarrhea attack but I need to keep pretending everything is fine" look on their face I can't take this seriously. It's like they're about to poop in their pants.

Me too, brother, me too...

>tfw its been about 10 years since I read this manga

I want to kill myself now.

That shit was horrific.
Gantz is interesting because it can go from drama, to action, to horror pretty quickly.

I'm not even ashamed to say that it had some really touching moments for me. That 100 points chapter, the story of Takeshi, the ending of Sakurai...

Hey, the PS2 game did some thing's right. The RPG/Sim parts and the optional QTE. I want more of that and better if a new game came. Just think, you have to deal with your problems with the real world while also sorting your shit and getting ready for nightfall and being called to the room for a new mission that would most likely end with you dying.

He even shot up his school, save for that 1/10 that gave him a love letter

> all these replies

> no one wants to talk about maining big charges kazuhiro and giving aliens the tetsuzanko right in the face

The fucks wrong witchall

Forgot about that.

All I really remember was thinking how weird it was that the new main character was named "Kei Kurona."

>All I really remember was thinking how weird it was that the new main character was named "Kei Kurona."

Holy fuck thats terrible