This printer has a quad core CPU

>the are "people" on Sup Forums right now that less cores than a FUCKING PRINTER
Are you one of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8
amd.com/en/where-to-buy/ryzen-processors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the absolute minimum in 2017 is 6 cores

what kind of pajeet programming requires a quad core cpu?

I think you're confused, it's shitty programmers that can't utilize multiple cores.

>a printer is stronger than the Switch
wow. nintedo got BTFO by samsung

All this technological advancement and usability improvement, but printers are still evil hellspawn. What the fuck is up with that?

The thing is running fucking Android, so yeah it's going to need all of those four cores.

probably just improves scan and print speed

>2017
>Not running a 12 core with a 10 meg pipe
Enjoy your shit performance

I have an i7 so yeah, 7 cores

>That's bullshit and you know it.
>
>Required: Dual Core (Modern PC)
>Minimum: Quad Core (Modern Gaming PC)
>Recommended: Octa Core (Future Proof Gaming PC)

high end pcs have 12 cores. ryzen 1600 is entry level and has 6 cores
upgrade your pc already corelet

>printers
youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8

>require 4 cores for a fucking printer
im willing to bet pajeet only uses 1 core and they decided to add a 4-core processor for no reason other than marketing.

That's bullshit and you know it.

Required: Dual Core (Low End Modern Gaming PC)
Minimum: Quad Core (Mid Range Modern Gaming PC)
Recommended: Hexa Core (High End Modern Gaming PC)
Future Proof: Octa Core (Ultra Modern Gaming PC)

>2018-1
>only 12 cores
corelets will never recover.

white women will only fuck you if you have a 84 inch BBC core processor.

>PC LOAD LETTER?!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!
It happend to me. I thought I'm gonna flip my shit.

hmm why did you delete your post after realizing you were wrong and then changed it
must not be very correct huh

>Ignoring the fact this is a business grade printer that costs thousands of dollars
>Ignoring the 1.5GHz per core clock speed

No game within the next 10 years is going to require more than 8 cores

I just added Hexa to recommended and Octa to Future Proof

My computer has 4 cores but it can barely run PS3 games.

>Ignoring the fact you have less cores than a fucking printer

>modern
>future proof
You fags act like good games are still being made or something. What do you need these high tech computers for? Assassins' Creed? Battlefield? The Witcher? Bethesda games?

It's actually running Android and it's even touted as a selling point, so I'm not surprised at the thing requiring four cores to even function. For what it's worth, it also has 6 gigabytes of RAM, two of which are earmarked for running the OS. For a fucking printer. The PR blurb also advertises the capability to install Android apps on the fucking thing.

So your telling me I should fall the AMD meme with 8 weak ass cores and hardly any games that actually take advantage of that? Even 6 core intels like the 6800k perform worse than a 6700k performance worse in games because of lower clock speed those aren't gaming processors. Fuck off retard.

I confirm. I core less than a printer.

Sure thing famalam

>No game within the next 10 years is going to require more than 8 cores
10 years ago 2 core processors were just being introduced. 10 years later, 4 core processors are almost obsolete in desktop computers. really makes you think about that statement you just said hmm

the technology is new. new games will take advantage of it
same thing happened when 2 cores came out. same thing happened when 4 cores
its only a matter of time before 4 cores are out of business

This core thing is a meme right? You can have a hundred cores but if they run like shit it doesn't matter.

Printers prove the existence of Satan in my opinion.

cores only matter if you're playing games that actually utilise the extra cores. there are a lot of games that aren't multithreaded and, as such, having more cores won't help you. more often than not you're better off having a more powerful CPU with less cores, rather than an average CPU with a gorillion cores.

Are PS3 games even emulating well right now? If so, it sounds more like this would be a weak GPU issue than your CPU, even Watch Dogs 2 will play in high settings on a quad core.

8 weak ass cores?
Bro 1800X will wreak most intel shit at half the price. Get your shit updated before you open your mouth.
Typical intel fag with shit for brains, falling for the intelmeme since day one. Its your funeral.

And you can have two cores with the best IPC around, but it doesn't matter if the game requires four threads to even run (see: the G3258 and most AAA titles from the past few years). Even 4c4t chips are starting to struggle in terms of minimums in newer titles. Generally, the more cores you have, the better minimums are, within reason in terms of IPC differences.

4core obsolete?
whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Why don't they just make one really powerful core?

For now
Ryzen making reasonable 6 core 12 thread processors available at a mainstream price means that might change in the near future.

this nigger knows whats up.

amd got those 8 inch BBC cores.

meanwhile intel got those whitey 4 inch baby dick cores.

intel just cant compete.

Heat dissipation

Not efficient

>comparing new gen vs last gen just to win
classic amd user

time to upgrade
amd.com/en/where-to-buy/ryzen-processors

cpu advancements have stagnated and they cant get past 5 ghz now.

Not talking about emulation. Talking about ports. Probably is the GPU. It's mid-range in its line and a few years out of date.

Money.

>why get 4 fit fire-fighters when you could just get one body builder

can run everything on a i5 4gen no need to upgrade yet but if i do ill go for either coffee lake or i9

Printers have like a billion moving parts, and work with a material which is easily bent out of shape. Printers will never be good.

Best kek post.

>most tasks only require one guy
>one firefighter does all the work 90% of the time and the other 3 just watch

Well some games have bad ports that impact performance no matter how powerful your PCis, like Saints Row 2 and Toukiden Kiwami for example. I recall hearing about Ubisoft deliberately making Nvidia cards perform worse in some of their games such as the first Watch Dogs

what if the bodybuilder is 12 feet tall and can literally punch the fire out

cheap hardware is nice, but software is getting shitter

>less cores
Since when are cores uncountable, you fucking cuck?

>10 years ago 2 core processors were just being introduced
The fuck are you talking about?
10 years ago 4 core processors were just being introduced, and the Q6600 is still a viable low-end option.

For what purpose?

It'll still be slow as shit.
I stopped pretending network printers can be anything but slow pieces of shit.

You realize 10 years ago was 2007 right?

>buy intel cpu
>have to hire four fire fighters

processing prints...
gotta get that ps/pcl/pdf/whatever into native format.
More coars means it process more jobs in the background, important for a multi user printer/copier in a copy room.

Almost certain it'll still be slow as fuck though.

Ryzen IPC's per core are still lower, Ryzen only beats Intel in non-gaming synthetic benchmarks that will actually use all its cores. AMD never made them as gaming processors but is pushing them anyway because they have nothing else and Intel was shitting on them that bad.

>but it doesn't matter if the game requires four threads to even run
Really not an issue with current budget intel's. Even the fucking G4560 and i3's have hyper-threading now. Although inevitably down the line it will be a problem when games require more cores but I don't foresee that for awhile.

Do you need the faster response time for the newer [paper scans]?
Are there a lot of people after your high [ppm count]?

tfw a printer could print out frames faster than PS4 in dynamic 300DPI

NCIS was a magical show.

It's not about the mechanics, good printers can churn out pages for days at ridiculous speeds without any reliability issues. It's more about the software side being total insanity, even simple printing setups can be surprisingly annoying to get working while enterprise printers are the fucking tenth circle of hell, where hapless IT personnel are consigned to struggle with the software for an eternity as every fix breaks something else in some inexplicable way.

Reminder that the only thing that really matters is how fast 1 of the cores is.

The number of cores means nothing, though you should have 4 physical.
Beyond that and you are in meme territory.

Get the highest GHZ you can

That's why now I forgot all that 'nice' bullshit - ALL the printers are running off CUPS with ppds.
They still have all the functionality, none of the driver bullshit from vendors and it's even faster.

Moreover, once you let go of needing ps or PCL you can buy cheaper printers and still have less headaches.
Not every printer is good under CUPS no, but you're not so retarded that you can't research before buying 10 or so printers.

they cancelled NCIS?! WHAT?!