So this is on sale for about 15$ on PS4 right now. I've heard some pretty good things about it...

So this is on sale for about 15$ on PS4 right now. I've heard some pretty good things about it,but what do you guys think? Worth checking out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ziDwV-y1jY
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Personally I loved it, it's a classic games in many ways you actually have to explore the world and use your head to complete quests.

My only complain is in combat the /water puts out fire/ and /fire burns poison/ can make things a bit to easy sometimes

But still an amazing game.

If you have a PC that can play it, I'd recommend going that route instead.

At any rate it's one of my favorite games. Definitely my favorite RPG

Also this, it's clearly a game made for mouse clickig.

Thinking about buying this, but i have no friends.

It's better played solo IMO

>been wanting to get this game for a friend
>it's on sale on PC for the same price I bought it for two years ago, the lowest it's ever been
>the console version is on sale for even cheaper

I'm mad

Yeah, i'd play it solo, but i just wish i had someone to play with, seems to be a very "Adventure" type of game.

If you like d&d RPG and don't mind reading, it's the best game of the last 5 years. Especially if you can play in coop.

it is too complex for most console people

Honestly didn't like it. Presentation was shit, nothing really drew me in, so I dropped it after like an hour of playing

Cheese-man is up there with Pork Bun-man as some of the best NPCs in a game.

Appreciate the info,but the only PC I have is a fairly shit laptop that wouldn't be able to run it.

i'm pretty sure it runs in any intel HD toaster

Mine is something like Intel HD 4000,6gb ram and a 1.7 or 1.9ghz processor.

I played Vanilla solo and the definitive edition couch coop on PC (with controllers).
Controller worked a lot better. Especially in combat the cursor sometimes wouldn't do what I wanted to with mouse (eg. backstabbing). They did a great job with the controls. It surprised me too.

Also moving in a 3D environment feels a lot better with a stick (duh)

Just get it for the cheapest platform you own OP. Coop is great.
Good game

the game runs fine on ps4 and the controls are actually really good despite being originally designed for mouse+kb.

overall I think the game has a mediocre story, but makes up by having excellent combat. Beware, though, if you care more about story, dialogue and choice&consequence, this game might not be for you

youtube.com/watch?v=-ziDwV-y1jY

Dialogue is good though. Story is alright and a bit more lighthearted/silly.
Talking with animals is great.
Playing rock, paper, scissors with your own characters feels lonely

Why shouldn't he get it on PS4 though? It would run/look better

christ no, i tried playing it on a toaster laptop and it's terrible. better to be realistic and play something like underrail or age of decadence than to suffer through divinity on an integrated card.

I'm just saying it runs on intel HD, it is up to him to choose his platform of choice.

This game is great if you want to play an archmage.
Get a little bit into every school and you have a spell for every occasion.

Stun a nigga, freeze a nigga, light a nigga on fire, and then make the last nigga explode. All in one turn.
Though, crowd control is stupidly overpowered in this game.

It's a good game, I'd recommend it.

Can't say anything about how the console versions are though, I assume they are playable, but it strikes me as a game that would be more frustrating to play with a controller.

Probably gonna get it on PS4. Cheaper at the moment,better performance and easier couch co op for me.

Is playing a mage in general fun? I always find that to be a little underwhelming in the past few rpgs I've played.

Magic is strong in this game and you can do some neat stuff with magic.

NOT IN THE MOOD FOR CHEESE?!

Game has the best mages in ages.

That's good to hear. Gonna pick it up later today.

how to spot the retard

First is a singleplayer game with a half-assed coop.

Second one is a coop game with the optional singleplayer mode. You better find someone to play it coop. For example two players can works against each other in quests. One can take the good side while other takes the bad ones both players will compete and fight with each other in order to finish the quest for their side.

That's pretty cool.